ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 13 Oct - 17:56

@Gemini wrote:I don't understand why it's one rule for reylo and another for everything else approved by lucasfilm @BastilaBey

I'm getting confused here.

The book says Finn doesnt know how the force works and this is also backed up by the movie and lucasfilm, yet is not reliable. But the art shows ren carrying Rey and it's backed up by lucasfilm and movie, yet it's somehow more reliable?
@Gemini

It was never about things like Finn not knowing how the Force works, but about canonically so-far-unconfirmed details like Kylo's lightsaber being destroyed. At least for me it was.

The Celebration art is in no way "reliable". However, the art submissions were actually evaluated and voted on by people at Lucasfilm, which makes their choices an interesting curiosity. Nothing more.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 13 Oct - 18:18

Even things in the movie is up for interpretation, so what is canon, romantic bridal carry or monster and the maiden?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_o0jk7iwz1D1v43g6zo1_500

What is canon? Reywalker or Reynobi or Resolo, depending on your point of view? You could say all of them

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 5 2Q==

IMHO, the SW Annual had a theme a definate marketing direction that came from LF, did Pab go over it himself, no, but Egmont had guidelines,

The art is pretty inocuous, I am not getting much from it, except that Poe & Finn look just like Oscar & John, but Reylo look like two new different people and I find that strange. IMHO
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Thu 13 Oct - 18:19

What matters is the movies.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 18:20

Ok, from what I understood, celebration art isn't canon itself but reflects how LF/Disney views the movie. As explained in Celebration Art Podcast and videos, if Michelangelo drew Rey and Snoke as a romantic couple, that art wouldn't get a green light:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlbPGNQ9_GMfOMxAhUm9Hg
https://www.mixcloud.com/sw_connection/
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Thu 13 Oct - 18:27

I just want to use something as an example of why, Annuals, posters, games etc can't be counted as part of a story at the end of the day when all in said and done.
The Brothers who created the Matrix Trilogy made a massive flaw in their story. They put a huge piece of the story within a video game that was released when the third film was released. It's Canon and its relevant to the plot. In my opinion, when I seen the games scenes. This is why people are super confused when they watched the sequels. Not everyone is going to buy the game and today, the game is hard to come by. Honestly, what average human sitting down to watch a film is gonna go off and buy a game just to get a lot point and then go "Ohhhh now it makes sense".... It was alright when it came out but not today and adults, a lot of them don't buy games, so they missed out on a plot that should have 100% been in the second or third film.

What matters, is what is in the films. The Brothers made a mistake and most people hate the Matrix sequels. Because it's confusing and having that scene in the films instead of the games would have reduced confusion. Also adding a better story.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 13 Oct - 18:51

The only interesting thing about the R1 trailer is that I'd assumed during my first viewing of TFA that something like this is what happened to Rey's parents. They are at least showing both characters as young girls, at the moment when they become (either literally or figuratively) orphaned

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 5 Tumblr_oezjw7SIQW1rszoo3o5_r2_500
Jyn, whatever I do, I do it to protect you.

Or more accurate, I sort of figured what happened to Rey is like Tanya Komarova in Dr. Zhivago - the illegitimate daughter of two characters on the run from their political enemies, who want them dead for being dangerous/in opposition. She was abandoned by somebody her mother (who ends up dying in a labor camp) entrusted her to - that person is an opportunist who ends up also fleeing political danger after trying to shape shift to survive the new regime. Abandoned as an orphan, Tanya ends up poor, living in obscurity, and working as a poor laborer wishing that she could know her parents and who she is (ahem). Added bonus, it's Obi-Wan (who was synonymous with David Lean, major influence on all the trilogies*)who turns up as her long lost uncle to enlighten her

* Besides some of the scenes in Jakku being lifted from Lawrence of Arabia, there's the mention of Bridge on the River Kwai being an influence on VIII

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 13 Oct - 20:52; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 19:50

well, Jyn's dad is alive in the movie so whatever happens in this scene isn't his murder.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 19:51

@Little_Boots

What do you think of the reylo unnoficial art?

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 19:52; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Thu 13 Oct - 19:51

@Gemini wrote:@"Little Boots"

What do you think of the reylo unnoficial art?
@Gemini

I think it's beautiful Gem
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 19:53

@Little_Boots

I agree Smile

but do you think it holds information about/is marketing reylo for future movies?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Thu 13 Oct - 19:56

@Gemini wrote:@Little_Boots

I agree Smile

but do you think it holds information about/is marketing reylo for future movies?
@Gemini

It could be Smile

I think we can all agree that the Force Awakens ships Reylo with those two face to face in sleeping Beauty purple redish lighting Smile
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 19:57

I agree it wouldn't get the green light if it was snoke and kylo, but I also can't imagine books getting the green light for clearly pushing something which is not accurate to what tfa is suggesting.

I'm not understanding why it's one rule for unofficial reylo stuff greenlighted and another rule for an official book also greenlighted by lucasfilm.

It seems like if something does not match with an opinion it is somehow more invalid?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 13 Oct - 20:49

@vaderito wrote:well, Jyn's dad is alive in the movie so whatever happens in this scene isn't his murder.

@vaderito

Oh definitely, my impression all along was that something really awful happened to her parents and because she doesn't know (and doesn't want to entertain the thought of them either being dead of abandoning her), she's pretty deeply in denial. My thinking was just more the line "I do this for you" reflecting the theme of a parent giving themselves up to a greater sacrifice in the hopes of protecting their child. Which is kind of what I hope turns out to be the case with Han's death. There's definitely a family theme running between both TFA and what's been shown of R1, including the destruction of actual families and self-made families coming together.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 20:51

Star Wars = daddy issues. All of them. I bet they'll manage to insert daddy issues in Young Han too.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 13 Oct - 20:54

@vaderito wrote:Star Wars = daddy issues. All of them. I bet they'll manage to insert daddy issues in Young Han too.

@vaderito

I did think it was curious how they vocalize her liking Han as a father figure because she never had one. Like does that mean she's finally admitting (even on a subconscious level) that she's never going to know her father? Hopefully they do something with moms, beyond just having Leia be Ben's mother.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 13 Oct - 20:54

The GA definitely shouldn't have to read a book or play a game to get important info, the stuff they give us in those should be more like little tidbits and hints. Not huge reveals that the absence of in the films would impact, because the GA would obviously complain about it.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 13 Oct - 20:56

@snufkin wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Star Wars = daddy issues. All of them. I bet they'll manage to insert daddy issues in Young Han too.

@vaderito

I did think it was curious how they vocalize her liking Han as a father figure because she never had one. Like does that mean she's finally admitting (even on a subconscious level) that she's never going to know her father? Hopefully they do something with moms, beyond just having Leia be Ben's mother.

@snufkin

SW really needs some more strong mom bonds, I guess Anakin kinda had one? ... that lead to him murdering a whole village of Sand People. Laughing
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 20:59

@Helix

Anakin = mama's boy = kills sand people, kills Jedi, padawans and younglings, Force chokes pregnant wife, 2 father figures
Ben = mama's boy = kills padawans, LST, village and his father

daddy issues = less deadly Laughing

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 13 Oct - 21:00

@vaderito wrote:@Helix

Anakin = mama's boy = kills sand people, kills Jedi, padawans and younglings, Force chokes pregnant wife, 2 father figures
Ben = mama's boy = kills padawans, LST, village and his father

daddy issues = less deadly Laughing

@vaderito

but Kylo's daddy issues lead to Han's death. Razz
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 21:02

OK, mama's boy with daddy issues = deadly

Luke = only daddy issues

Jyn = only daddy issues

Rey = only daddy issues (short lived Skymom fad aside, everyone is asking who her daddy is)
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 13 Oct - 21:23

@Helix wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@vaderito

@snufkin

SW really needs some more strong mom bonds, I guess Anakin kinda had one? ... that lead to him murdering a whole village of Sand People. Laughing
@Helix

I'd thought with the father quote about Han that maybe it'd mean that when they finally show who her parents are, there'd be something about her father with the abandonment on Jakku. But they can't repeat that motif twice (right?), so it may turn out that if they show her parents, she ended up there to do with her mother. Which actually plays into my brain being fixated on Tanya's backstory in Dr. Zhivago, because she'd been on the run with Lara, her mother, before Lara has to split up with her because she doesn't want her enemies also getting their hands on her daughter. We shall see...

As for Kylo/Ben's mommy issues, if the rumors are true about Hux engineering some attack that injuries Leia and puts her in coma, can't imagine him being super chill about that. Especially because he and Sux already hate each other.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 13 Oct - 22:14

@vaderito wrote:OK, mama's boy with daddy issues = deadly

Luke = only daddy issues

Jyn = only daddy issues

Rey = only daddy issues (short lived Skymom fad aside, everyone is asking who her daddy is)
@vaderito

I don't understand why Jyn's parent could not have been a woman scientist, it would have been interesting
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Thu 13 Oct - 22:54

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

Luke = only daddy issues

Jyn = only daddy issues

@vaderito

I don't understand why Jyn's parent could not have been a woman scientist, it would have been interesting
@spacebaby45678

I agree not saying it's sexist or anything like that but I think it's time that SW starts focusing more on the mothers bond with their children instead of having all these characters have only daddy issues.That's why I hope that once we find out who Rey's parents are her father isn't made to be more important(and if I had to choose between which parent to be alive I would choose the mother since the movies ahve never explored mother-daughter relationship).

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 13 Oct - 22:59

@CienaRee wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

Luke = only daddy issues

Jyn = only daddy issues

@vaderito

@spacebaby45678

I agree not saying it's sexist or anything like that but I think it's time that SW starts focusing more on the mothers bond with their children instead of having all these characters have only daddy issues.That's why I hope that once we find out who Rey's parents are her father isn't made to be more important(and if I had to choose between which parent to be alive I would choose the mother since the movies ahve never explored mother-daughter relationship).
@CienaRee

I agree, I think they're showing who her mother is Smile
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Thu 13 Oct - 23:00

So who is playing Vader in Rogue One? Not Hayden?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum