ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 13 Oct - 0:05

@Gemini wrote:I know it's a tape of the novel but doesn't snoke tell Rey to kill kylo? You hear him say it to Rey? If he lives because kylo lives, why would try to get Rey to kill him?

Unless he sees a new and better vessel
@Gemini

Well there goes that.... Rey is a mystery and Snoke is a mystery for that reason their stories must be connected
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 13 Oct - 1:02

At this rate, Snoke might turn out to be a parasite who feed off for its host, that's Kylo and when Rey come long, for Snoke she seems t be a potential host that better that Kylo so he would want to kill off Kylo first before trying to launched himself onto her next
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 1:51

Not a spoiler but interesting banner for NYCC 2016:

http://margaretems.tumblr.com/post/151618207843/banner-for-nycc2016-by-adriana-melo

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Tumblr_oejow3whla1qh9mfdo1_500

Don't know if it was posted. Anyway, I don't think that Disney/LF approves these but Storm Pilot is in sync, Rey is looking away to somewhere else and Kylo's rocking a hot scar. I just love that the poster subtly acknowledges that Rey doesn't belong with the Resistance, hence her wandering stare, cause she really doesn't.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 13 Oct - 1:58

@vaderito it appears as if she's looking in Kylo's direction. Almost...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 2:01

@IoJovi wrote:@vaderito it appears as if she's looking in Kylo's direction.  Almost...
@IoJovi

Yeah, like when you are focused on what's on the left or the right of you but don't look in that direction cause you don't want anyone to see. This looks like she is focused on her visual field under her (which is where he is).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 13 Oct - 2:03

@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:@vaderito it appears as if she's looking in Kylo's direction.  Almost...
@IoJovi

Yeah, like when you are focused on what's on the left or the right of you but don't look in that direction cause you don't want anyone to see. This looks like she is focused on her visual field under her (which is where he is).
@vaderito

In the words of Matt the Radar Technician, Exactly! Exactly!

I have been known to do this same thing on occasion when I don't want others to see what I am looking at. That is exactly what she's doing!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 2:06

@IoJovi wrote:

In the words of Matt the Radar Technician, Exactly!  Exactly!  

I have been known to do this same thing on occasion when I don't want others to see what I am looking at.  That is exactly what she's doing!
@IoJovi

Yep, I do that a lot. It's my spy thingy. I look straight ahead but actually see what's going on on the side without appearing that I'm looking. Rey's totally doing that. Subtle Reylo and obvious "heartbeats in sync" Storm Pilot.

Also, notice how tight-lipped Poe and Finn are, how soldiery, and than there's Rey with lusciously parted lips. Yeah, the girl definitely isn't in sync with those 2 boys. Mind, eyes and destiny somewhere else.

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 2:09; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Thu 13 Oct - 2:07

You know, it just occurred to me that we assume when Kylo said 'I'll finish what you started', he meant 'complete what you started'.

But what if he meant 'end what you started and wished you hadn't'?

Because one thing that Anakin might regret is that he left behind successors who are still causing problems for the galaxy on account of all that Force power. Maybe Kylo wants to remove Luke and then himself, thus ridding the galaxy of Skywalkers? (There's still Leia, but she does nothing with the Force, and her line ends with Ben).

Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 13 Oct - 3:00

Rey looks like she was drawn with Sybil from Downton Abbey as the
model in mind.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 13 Oct - 4:19

@snufkin wrote:Rey looks like she was drawn with Sybil from Downton Abbey as the
model in mind.
@snufkin

You mean the NYCC one? I could see that. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 13 Oct - 5:09

@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

In the words of Matt the Radar Technician, Exactly!  Exactly!  

I have been known to do this same thing on occasion when I don't want others to see what I am looking at.  That is exactly what she's doing!
@IoJovi

Yep, I do that a lot. It's my spy thingy. I look straight ahead but actually see what's going on on the side without appearing that I'm looking. Rey's totally doing that. Subtle Reylo and obvious "heartbeats in sync" Storm Pilot.

Also, notice how tight-lipped Poe and Finn are, how soldiery, and than there's Rey with lusciously parted lips. Yeah, the girl definitely isn't in sync with those 2 boys. Mind, eyes and destiny somewhere else.
@vaderito

What an interesting observation! I can definitely see it...it's subtle, but almost subconscious on Rey's (and the artist's?) part. Rey also looks a little unsure (?) She may be "facing ahead with the Resistance," but she's not fully there...Like she's secretly focused in a different direction (that happens to be subtly toward Kylo). Like her mind is somewhere else.

It's a curious choice by the artist because it breaks the uniformity and artistic symmetry of having Poe, Finn and Rey all face in the same direction like a united front, yet Rey breaks that uniformity. I wonder what the artist was thinking.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 8:02

To me that image makes me think Rey is having an interrupting thought of kylo there. It's a thought/ distraction about the kylo she left scarred and broken.

And it's also very reminiscent of that deleted scene where she is not focusing on what's going on in the room with Finn. Her mind is a million miles away, somewhere else.

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 8:07; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Bloody auto correct :()
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam on Thu 13 Oct - 10:06

@Kessel89

The strange thing is that they are all looking back... in illustration, for westerns, drawing a character with his body/face looking on the left of the sheet is like to say "he/she is looking/going back". Going or looking on the right of the sheet instead is like "going on, looking ahead" and so on.
Drawing Kylo as the only one confronting the viewer is also important: he is what he is, he is not hiding himself behind someone else or an ideology, he is scarred, in pain, suffering, he is not a strong hero posing like Finn and Poe. He is a flawed human being on full display. Or this is what I get from the image.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 10:27

As much as I love the picture . We still have to remember this is not an indication of story direction, it's not official art, it's most likely her interpretation of what she saw in tfa. She probably doesn't know future plot points.

Sucks. Wish something more official would come out clearly indicating reylo. I need it! Lol

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 13 Oct - 10:34

@Gemini wrote:As much as I love the picture . We still have to remember this is not an indication of story direction, it's not official art, it's most likely her interpretation of what she saw in tfa. She probably doesn't know future plot points.

Sucks. Wish something more official would come out clearly indicating reylo. I need it! Lol

@Gemini

May 2017 is too far away!!! I'm expecting trailers and Celebration and promotions by then.

But still, even then, we can't expect to see Adsy do any promotions. Let alone any Reylo at all. Sad
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 14:42

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Gemini wrote:As much as I love the picture . We still have to remember this is not an indication of story direction, it's not official art, it's most likely her interpretation of what she saw in tfa. She probably doesn't know future plot points.

@Gemini

May 2017 is too far away!!! I'm expecting trailers and Celebration and promotions by then.

But still, even then, we can't expect to see Adsy do any promotions. Let alone any Reylo at all. Sad
@Rei of Sunshine

Oh, I know it isn't an official art but I like the idea that this is the banner as opposed to something more conventional where Kylo is masked and heroes appear more monolith in their convictions. The choice to show highly vulnerable Kylo facing the convention hordes while heroes don't is very interesting. It's a great banner that wants you to analyse it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct - 15:02

Was this art chosen by Lucasfilm officials? I don't think they'd choose art that doesn't indicate the story direction in some sense... or at the very least, does not indulge a perspective that deviates too far from the plot.

For Celebration Europe, they picked art that didn't give too much away but had a certain tone nonetheless. The bridal carry painting very clearly depicted Kylo's crush on Rey even if that attraction is not shown to be reciprocated, for instance.

They declined a painting of Ben Solo dressed as a common smuggler/pirate even though it was well done. And there was nothing of Jedi Finn or romantic Finn/Rey in sight. Doesn't necessarily mean nothing of that nature was submitted but rather not accepted IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 15:24

@whatgirl

I think we need to look at this the same way we did with official books not being 100 indicator of story. You all made a good point yesterday and I think it's right. Stuff like this is not canon and an indicator of where the story will go. Official books aren't so I doubt unnoficial art is canon. Even if it's been approved by lucasfilm like official books are.

Just a clearer view on the situation. Even the reylo art at celebration would fall under this I think. As much as that saddens me Sad
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 13 Oct - 17:20

I specified in my original post that:

a) the art is NOT a spoiler,and

b) that LF/Disney are likely not behind this art but it's NYCC thing which has nothing to do with Disney/LF

So I don't understand why this is still a question. IMO, it's nice to see SW art that thinks outside of the box. For example, showing vulnerable Kylo as opposed to usual untouchable masked villain. Now I'm sorry that I posted anything if that's going to create drama.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 17:31

It wasn't in response you you @Vaderito
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 13 Oct - 17:34

@vaderito Right...I don't really understand how a piece of art, merchandise or even a trailer could be considered 'canon' by anyone. In-universe 'facts' are canon.

This is Kylo carrying Rey bridal-style, canonically

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Tumblr_o0jk7iwz1D1v43g6zo1_500

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Tumblr_nzq430EF981v27w7po1_250

This is not canon, but is an artist's representation of canon that was endorsed by LF.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 9y_DKk2BckBedqC0Rr6619_fhOSzv1BwnBo8ySeLg8o

Big difference, but it is reasonable to consider that said endorsement might indicate overall direction of the story. The bridal carry was not a 'mistake' by JJ or even inconsequential to the story, it is key.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 13 Oct - 17:41

@BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito Right...I don't really understand how a piece of art, merchandise or even a trailer could be considered 'canon' by anyone. In-universe 'facts' are canon.

This is Kylo carrying Rey bridal-style, canonically

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Tumblr_o0jk7iwz1D1v43g6zo1_500

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Tumblr_nzq430EF981v27w7po1_250

This is not canon, but is an artist's representation of canon that was endorsed by LF.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 9y_DKk2BckBedqC0Rr6619_fhOSzv1BwnBo8ySeLg8o

Big difference, but it is reasonable to consider that said endorsement might indicate overall direction of the story. The bridal carry was not a 'mistake' by JJ or even inconsequential to the story, it is key.
@BastilaBey

The SWC art may not be canon, but I still put it above any other regular fan art since it has the LF stamp of approval. That's really what gives it meaning.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 17:44

I don't understand why it's one rule for reylo and another for everything else approved by lucasfilm @BastilaBey

I'm getting confused here.

The book says Finn doesnt know how the force works and this is also backed up by the movie and lucasfilm, yet is not reliable. But the art shows ren carrying Rey and it's backed up by lucasfilm and movie, yet it's somehow more reliable?

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 17:49; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 13 Oct - 17:47

@Iojovi Of course, that's what I'm saying. It's not actually fan art at all, Erik Maell is a professional artist who works with LF, Marvel and others.

Just a quick look at his Instagram page shows us he is contributing to the Topps trading card series right now. Those aren't canon either, but reflect LF's overall projection of the stories they tell

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 4 Screen22

@gemini I was not talking about Finn being force-sensitive. I actually agree with you that the movie indicates he is probably not. My problem was with how the quiz answers presented him in an overall sense. It did not display his many strengths, instead focusing on ideas that exaggerate ignorance or cowardice. A star wars quiz cannot be canon, but it can be a poor reflection of a hero's character.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 13 Oct - 17:51

The games in that book I don't hold much credence to. The answers are based off of his behaviour in the first 2 acts of the movie, same with Rey, lightsaber made her uneasy, by the third act it's different, she embraces it.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum