ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by BenRey on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 2:07 pm

@panki

Keep us updated on that comic. I've had the rug pulled from underneath me before. I don't see it leading anywhere, but I won't dismiss it entirely.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by Hasi on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 2:14 pm

'@snufkin' Yeah...In my case I watched the movie unspoiled and with no expectations, just going with what the movie tells you, and yes I'm a very observant and intuitive person by nature, but after all these months of reading "Rey is a Skywalker" everywhere I've realized that me being unbiased towards the OT story and characters really contributed a lot in seeing the story for what it is and for what you want to see...Personally I have never believed that Luke is Rey's father and never will, regardless of  the fact that I think that Reylo will happen.

'@Reynak' Oh thank you! Yes as you said I also think that Finn represents the non-Force sensitive hero of this trilogy...why not let him have his own story where he can get the spotlight? To me being a Jedi or a Force user isn't what makes a character interesting. I think it's for similar reasons that we don't find out who Rey's family is in the first movie- she may turn out to be related to someone "important", like Obi Wan or Palpatine, but for now the movie wants you to appreciate her for who she is in TFA (a strong, compassionate and lonely girl who can take care of herself and never gives up) so that in case she's related to someone considered important or relevant in the SW universe, this isn't the only thing that defines and overshadows her.
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:23 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I'm all good.

Also @panki dear god I hope no anti who reads the comics could make connections like you do. I'd be sick to hear Finnwalker theories sprouting up like mushrooms just because Luke and Sana get all buddy-buddy.
@Rei of Sunshine

I really don't want any Finnwalker theories doing the rounds either.... Suspect

The reason I even mentioned this is because I feel like something is going on and I am just not able to put a finger on what it is......let me explain.

Till a month back, I was sure Finn's character was going to be the everyman of the story who ends up as a big deal w/o the force powers (but yet capable of understanding the will of the force).....and honestly, both the movie and novels he appeared in seemed to reflect that. But I think they were hinting at a very interesting family background for him right from the start (I'll come to that in a bit)

I also think it was always decided from the get go (and still is) that Kylo Ren/ Ben Solo is going to return to the light and have a special relationship with Rey. [This part I am very sure was planned much earlier and still remains the same)

Now back to Finn.....I feel that the marketing of Finn with the lightsaber for Episode 7 ended up disappointing many fans when they saw the movie....and while only a small number might want finnrey to happen, there would be a good portion of the GA who wanted something special for Finn and making him everyman turned big deal might no longer be good enough.

I have noticed a definite change in how they are writing about Finn ever since the release of Finn's story (maybe it started sooner but this is when I first saw this)....they're clarifying he wasn't a janitor but officer material.... they clarified that he suspected Rey's powers and her using the lightsaber in the end....I am seeing a gradual modification of how Finn is depicted....luckily they also clarified he saw her as his friend.

Now coming to his background....I honestly felt (and still feel) he is a Mandalorian...unidentified mandalorian supercommando #2 or #3 in TCW. had a handprint design on their helmet in TCW.....This theory was further bolstered when Fenn Rau wore a Mandalorian helmet streaked with blood in Rebels recently that looked just like Finn's stormie helmet.

I think that his final destiny might be to get the title of Mandalore, rule that planetary system and wield the darksaber....maybe the Mandalorians will help the resistance to destroy the FO. I honestly think a lot of fans would be happy with that character arc.... considering some people prefer Mandalorians to even the jedi.

But this recent set of comics have me flummoxed.... it has me wondering whether they are testing the waters with a new idea and seeing how the readers respond? This might come to nothing at the end of it but I am wondering whether they are trying to find ways to keep the story intact but maybe placate some of the fans who felt Finn should have been a jedi. (I see a lot of youtube videos on people hoping for Finn to become a jedi)

That being said, I really hope Rey and Kylo decide not to be jedi.... they don't deserve that straitlaced monk life after all the hardship they went through....I hope they set up some new order with both light and dark elements.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:27 pm

@panki wrote:

Also @panki dear god I hope no anti who reads the comics could make connections like you do. I'd be sick to hear Finnwalker theories sprouting up like mushrooms just because Luke and Sana get all buddy-buddy.
@Rei of Sunshine

The reason I even mentioned this is because I feel like something is going on and I am just not able to put a finger on what it is......let me explain.

Till a month back, I was sure Finn's character was going to be the everyman of the story who ends up as a big deal w/o the force powers (but yet capable of understanding the will of the force).....and honestly, both the movie and novels he appeared in seemed to reflect that. But I think they were hinting at a very interesting family background for him right from the start (I'll come to that in a bit)

I also think it was always decided from the get go (and still is) that Kylo Ren/ Ben Solo is going to return to the light and have a special relationship with Rey. [This part I am very sure was planned much earlier and still remains the same)

Now back to Finn.....I feel that the marketing of Finn with the lightsaber for Episode 7 ended up disappointing many fans when they saw the movie....and while only a small number might want finnrey to happen, there would be a good portion of the GA who wanted something special for Finn and making him everyman turned big deal might no longer be good enough.

I have noticed a definite change in how they are writing about Finn ever since the release of Finn's story (maybe it started sooner but this is when I first saw this)....they're clarifying he wasn't a janitor but officer material.... they clarified that he suspected Rey's powers and her using the lightsaber in the end....I am seeing a gradual modification of how Finn is depicted....luckily they also clarified he saw her as his friend.

Now coming to his background....I honestly felt (and still feel) he is a Mandalorian...unidentified mandalorian supercommando #2 or #3 in TCW. had a handprint design on their helmet in TCW.....This theory was further bolstered when Fenn Rau wore a Mandalorian helmet streaked with blood in Rebels recently that looked just like Finn's stormie helmet.

I think that his final destiny might be to get the title of Mandalore, rule that planetary system and wield the darksaber....maybe the Mandalorians will help the resistance to destroy the FO. I honestly think a lot of fans would be happy with that character arc.... considering some people prefer Mandalorians to even the jedi.

But this recent set of comics have me flummoxed.... it has me wondering whether they are testing the waters with a new idea and seeing how the readers respond? This might come to nothing at the end of it but I am wondering whether they are trying to find ways to keep the story intact but maybe placate some of the fans who felt Finn should have been a jedi. (I see a lot of youtube videos on people hoping for Finn to become a jedi)

That being said, I really hope Rey and Kylo decide not to be jedi.... they don't deserve that straitlaced monk life after all the hardship they went through....I hope they set up some new order with both light and dark elements.
@panki

fanservice is so damaging to the characters and characters relationships. so what, now because annoying nerds yell at the sky that she should be a Skywalker, she will be one? #sighs
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:29 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@panki wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@panki

fanservice is so damaging to the characters and characters relationships. so what, now because annoying nerds yell at the sky that she should be a Skywalker, she will be one? #sighs
@Maria Antonietta

If they go that route trying to please everyone, we'll end up with both Reylo AND Reywalker.

I don't think ANYONE wants that... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:32 pm

@Maria Antonietta

I don't think they're touching the Rey and Kylo story at all.....even in Finn's story, they made it clear he only saw her as a friend and she felt the same way....nothing romantic whatsoever.

Also, all the commentaries till now all point to something special going on between Rey and Kylo....and the best news was their confirmation that the imperials had the ability to force people kill specific targets against their will (Lando comics, Life Debt, Star Wars comic and now the Han Solo comic) I am certain Kylo is going to be redeemed and that Rey is his LI....and I wont be surprised if they give Kylo such a heavy duty sympathetic story that people would be weeping for him...... I have no fear of that changing... I am just wondering what else is going on in their minds.

Last edited by panki on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:32 pm

I'm fine with Finnwalker, to be honest, I just don't see it happening at this point.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:33 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@panki wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

If they go that route trying to please everyone, we'll end up with both Reylo AND Reywalker.

I don't think ANYONE wants that... Laughing
@IoJovi

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 37 5e6615
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:35 pm

@panki wrote:@Maria Antonietta

I don't think they're touching the Rey and Kylo story at all.....even in Finn's story, they made it clear he only saw her as a friend and she felt the same way....nothing romantic whatsoever.

Also, all the commentaries till now all point to something special going on between Rey and Kylo....and the best news was their confirmation that the imperials had the ability to force people kill specific targets against their will (Lando comics, Life Debt, Star Wars comic and now the Han Solo comic) I am certain Kylo is going to be redeemed and that Rey is his LI....and I wont be surprised if they give Kylo such a heavy duty sympathetic story that people would be weeping for him...... I have no fear of that changing... I am just wondering what else is going on in their minds.
@panki

I'm not angry with you Very Happy but with people who want another story when the reality of the movie is very different Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

@Irina de France wrote:I'm fine with Finnwalker, to be honest, I just don't see it happening at this point.
@Irina de France

I'll honestly settle for Mandalorian Finn anyday....he could still use the darksaber and become a leader... there is also going to be another big heroic arc for him......in the novel Crimson Corsair and the Treasure of Count Dooku, the two pirates Finn befriended in Maz's castle now have access to a huge supply of droid armies and weapons bases.....I can bet Finn will end up persuading them to help the resistance in episode 9 and there will be some epic space battle where Finn emerges a hero....this is what I felt was their initial plan for him.

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@panki wrote:@Maria Antonietta

@panki

I'm not angry with you Very Happy but with people who want another story when the reality of the movie is very different Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

I didn't think you were angry with me...tbh I am also very puzzled as to what is going on....I hope this new friendship with Luke ends soon so I can stop being worried. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 24 Nov 2016, 8:04 pm

Let's go for Mandalorian Finn instead of Finnwalker.

It has a better chance for interesting character background than Finnwalker which will probably end up like an episode of a soap opera ala Days of our Lives with all the convoluted misplaced children and secret pregnancies. Plus Mando Finn will bring back Mandalorian popularity to the forefront and we'll probably get loads of new material with Mando Lore and side stories.

Also Finnwalker will make everyone roll their eyes right out their sockets because everyone just happens to be related in this HUGE galaxy.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 7:54 am

I wonder if Luke falls in love with this girl and something happens to her....which explains why he then remains single for the rest of his natural.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 7:59 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:Let's go for Mandalorian Finn instead of Finnwalker.

It has a better chance for interesting character background than Finnwalker which will probably end up like an episode of a soap opera ala Days of our Lives with all the convoluted misplaced children and secret pregnancies. Plus Mando Finn will bring back Mandalorian popularity to the forefront and we'll probably get loads of new material with Mando Lore and side stories.

Also Finnwalker will make everyone roll their eyes right out their sockets because everyone just happens to be related in this HUGE galaxy.
@Rei of Sunshine

That's the main reason I don't see it happening.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 8:04 am

Yeah, I see zero chance of Finn Skywalker happening for all the reasons others have already articulated. It would be so completely out of left field.

Mandalorian Finn on the other hand, that's something that could be worth some speculation...
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 8:25 am

I am not sure why Mandalorian Finn would be important in the movies. Was there a Mandalorian reference in the PT because I can't remember about Mandalorians being mentioned in the OT. Bobba Fett, right. I mean, they can make Mandalorians an important part of this story if they want to, of course. Why not. I am not against Mandalorian Finn. I am just missing for now what it would bring to the story to make him Mandalorian except for putting Mandalorians in focus. They could make him a citizen of whatever planet that fits the story, at this point or just a citizen of the Galaxy with origins never known. I guess Mandalorian Finn with the whole outfit would be a seller in terms of merchandizing Smile

Sometimes I just wonder how much inspiration from comic books or shows like Rebels will be in VIII. They could also just create new things such as planets we haven't heard of before, species we haven't heards of before, even new force "rules" and only expand on them after VIII into comics and TV shows. TFA was about catching base with the old fans and attracting new fans. Now, they can imo go weherever they want from here. Maybe it's personal liking speaking. I'd love to see them go into other directions and build a ST-specific in-universe.

That one is for you @Darth Dingbat: I would put Finn as one of the many children of King Prana, who obviously has many concubines but his first wife is not too happy with competition so she sold a couple of kids to the FO. One really ended with the FO while the other ended on Jakku. Rey and Finn as half sibling. That King Prana (= BDT of course) thing, even though I do not actively speculate on it, sounds very entertaining to me.

Finnwalker is like a nightmare for all the reasons stated by @Rei of Sunshine. I like the character as he is. A regular dude who will play a big part in the fight against the FO. There is this song on the soundtrack of Suicide Squad called "Purple Lamborghini" that I listen to sometimes on my way to work. At one point the singer says "I'm a big deal" and everytime I think of Finn.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 12:58 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I wonder if Luke falls in love with this girl and something happens to her....which explains why he then remains single for the rest of his natural.

@motherofpearl1

Maybe she dies in the comic before they can become a couple and Luke feels his romances are jinxed (Nakari was killed, Leia turned out to be his sister) and decides to remain single till the time of the ST? I could live with that. Very Happy Sana Starros means bright star....maybe she dies doing something heroic for the rebellion?

@SanghaRen .....actually the Mandos are a big deal for many SW fans (SW has grown beyond just 6 movies....even the other materials matter)....also, it looks like Disney/LF will be having more media cross-overs...Before Disney, other SW media was sometimes handled by other groups like Dark Horse so the chances of cross-over were less likely...but those days age gone and now it is all under one aegis so it makes a heap of sense from a marketing and financial point of view to make characters appear across media.

They've already confirmed Saw from TCW and they've also said that we'll see characters and influences from Rebels in RO.....Rebels is packed with cross overs from the films, TCW, comics, books and games.......so am pretty sure the ST will also have plenty of cross-overs.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Annwyn on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 2:26 pm

@panki wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@panki

That's what bothers me about, let's call it "fan service"... can't Finn, just be Finn? A "regular guy" who decided to make THE good choice, and became from coward, because yes, because he was tempted to run away from it all, Finn was a coward at some point, a guy who used to be afraid and a coward, to a guy being a hero. And can't just Rey, be Rey? She doesn't need a first name. The Force is not "special privilege" to Skywalkers. Can't they just be... just Finn and Rey?
Annwyn
Annwyn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Annwyn on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 2:34 pm

Sorry, double post. I'm a big fan of the OT and the prequel. I like them both just fine. Now I won't get going on what I disliked on the prequel. But as a whole, it made sense. But... I believe it is time to stop focusing on the Skywalkers... I love Kylo, so don't get me wrong. But nope, "The Force" is not something "due" to only Skywalkers. It's nice to have Kylo Ren aka Ben, but it is also nice to have "fresh forced non skywalkers "heroes"". Anyway. I'm a big sucker for Rey and Finn not related to ANYONE.
Annwyn
Annwyn
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 25 Nov 2016, 2:58 pm

@BenRey wrote:@panki

Keep us updated on that comic. I've had the rug pulled from underneath me before. I don't see it leading anywhere, but I won't dismiss it entirely.
@BenRey

Sorry....I just saw your post (must have missed it earlier)....I'll keep everyone updated when the next couple of comics come out....the next one is at the end of December and it takes us down another rabbit hole (Obi-wan's life on Tatooine and Yoda's life before TPM)....but am sure the January issue will clear things up.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:27 am

Off topic...
Does anyone know if we are getting a teaser with Rogue One?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:41 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Off topic...
@motherofpearl1

It's highly possible
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:02 pm

@motherofpearl1

There's been no announcement of it as far as I'm aware. I think we're more likely to get a title release in the upcoming weeks but that's just a guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:07 pm

@motherofpearl1

I seriously doubt it. The latest rumour is that they will be debuting the Spider Man: Homecoming trailer with Rogue One. Pablo has already said we can't expect all Star Wars movies to be marketed the same in terms of when we get the title, teaser, trailer etc. I guess we will see but I'm not expecting a teaser or trailer for Ep VIII with Rogue One.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:25 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@motherofpearl1

I seriously doubt it. The latest rumour is that they will be debuting the Spider Man: Homecoming trailer with Rogue One. Pablo has already said we can't expect all Star Wars movies to be marketed the same in terms of when we get the title, teaser, trailer etc. I guess we will see but I'm not expecting a teaser or trailer for Ep VIII with Rogue One.

@Mrs Ben Solo

Sad
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 27 Nov 2016, 12:37 pm

Problem is, if they start keeping it under wraps for too long it'll end up on the Internet.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum