ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 7:43 am

@BenRey the same for me and Pablo has also made it clear that Jyn and Rey ain't related
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 8:37 am

There's definitely a sinister quality about Snoke wanting to 'complete Kylo's training'...
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:01 am

Not Episode VIII news at all, but this article about the upcoming Darth Maul comics is interesting. The final paragraph (bolded by me) especially so.

A Darth Maul comic book is being unleashed on Star Wars fans in the new year, though the fan-favorite Sith apprentice is more leashed than they’ve ever seen him.

Written by Cullen Bunn and drawn by Luke Ross, the five-issue Marvel Comics miniseries Star Wars: Darth Maul (to debut in February) takes a look at the tattooed villain’s younger days before his short-lived appearance in the 1999 prequel film Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace. On tap for the antagonistic warrior: lots of rage, a need to take revenge against the Jedi, and problems taking orders.

The comic finds Maul an untested warrior under the training of Darth Sidious, who would later become the Galactic Emperor. Told to stand down from engaging with Jedi yet, Maul hunts down the worst of the worst in the cosmic underworld to vent his frustration.

After learning a young Jedi Padawan named Eldra Kaitis has fallen into the hands of a crime lord, Maul seizes an opportunity to test his skills against a real Jedi but also maybe turn someone else to the dark side.

Bunn is melding versions of the Maul audiences have seen into one, from the attack-dog mentality of the character played by Ray Park in Phantom Menace — before he was sliced in half by Obi-Wan Kenobi’s lightsaber and fell down a shaft to his apparent doom — to the cunning Maul seen in The Clone Wars and Rebels animated series.

Bunn took a lot of inspiration from the big Maul fight scene in Phantom Menace, where Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor) and his Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) almost meditatively wait for their encounter while Maul paces.

“I like seeding where that impatience and anger comes from,” he says.

Eldra is a protagonist who “has a huge impact on Maul’s life going forward.” Bunn also promises interactions between Maul and Sidious that look at how Sidious relates to his apprentice: “He’s not a very warm teacher.”

Bunn says he finds the fine line between devoted to the dark side or the light fascinating in the struggle between Sith and Jedi. “So a big part of the story is Darth Maul’s descent to the dark side and almost being tempted away from it.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/11/14/exclusive-star-wars-darth-maul-comic-book/93789660/

ETA: Wait, didn't someone post this already? I think so. I just never noticed that final paragraph before.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:20 pm

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:23 pm

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:26 pm

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonGal555 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:31 pm

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

LondonGal555
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:37 pm

@Darth_Awakened

Very, very interesting. Definitely, tally a mark in the Rey Kenobi column.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:46 pm

@BastilaBey

I'm not a big believer in the Rey Kenobi theory, but I'm definitely open to it.

If what Breznican says is true, it seems to indicate that Kenobi may feature in the ST and be affected by it, so it would make sense that a Kenobi movie would be delayed until after the ST's story is resolved.  

That gives me hope we may still get a Kenobi movie because I always thought it would be a waste to not do something with Kenobi since Ewan McGregor is at the perfect age and available. It doesn't necessarily mean Rey Kenobi, but if Kenobi does end up featuring in the ST, that certainly raises the possibility of a connection.  If tptb can come up with a decent story (even if I can't think of one yet), it could work.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

Anthony Breznican is the real deal... lot's of inside info and contacts over at LF .... does not make him right, but yes one more point in the Rey Kenobi column
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:53 pm

I always thought it was possible just based on two hot actors playing him. Had to get attention from the ladies ;). But as for the ST, I've wondered why both men who interact with in the Forceback are named Ben. The reveal of his birth name was one of the actual big shocks for me in TFA. And there are certainly enough Obi-Wan flourishes and callbacks around Rey, you wonder if it's just paying homage or meant to be more. Snoke would definitely have incentive to go after any of his blood relatives (she could easily be descended from a sibling or cousin) same way he's clearly gone after Leia et all because of their line.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:55 pm

OMG!!!!! Shocked
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm

Hi guys,

Well sith, I'm glad I decided to peek in today lmao
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:57 pm

Off topic but..
I've been watching the trailer for the live action 'Beauty and the Beast'; the more I see it the more I see the parallels in Reylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm

Deliberate timing of the movie with the end of episode 9 speaks massive volumes, as a filmmaker alarm bells are definitely ringing in my ears
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:07 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:Ok. I am very careful about this source because I don't know to what extent it is reliable but still what do you think about this theory?
It is about Snoke teaching the "darkest art" to Kylo Ren basically how to access to immortality. Interesting to note that the article also ackowledge that Rey may not be a Skywalker and would play her part in Kylo's redemption even if they don't talk about possible romance.
http://www.morningledger.com/star-wars-episode-8-kylo-ren/13124835/
@reylo1992

Hmm.... I don't know if that article's writer has misunderstood essence transfer or if they're expressing themselves a bit unclearly, but such a transfer wouldn't be about extending Kylo's life - but Snoke's.

Basically, it would be Snoke using Kylo as a host body.
@Darth Dingbat

Yes! I tend to think the same with Snoke using Kylo's energy to extend his life the same way the SKB uses the powers of the sun. Makes me think to Voldemort using Horcruxes to extend his own life after committing a murder and the fact is Snoke agrees to complete Kylo's training only after he murdered his father. Snoke's identity is for me the bigest mystery of the sequel trilogy. I really ask myself what the screenwriters can find as greater villain than Palpatine if he's not Plagueis but supposed to have watched the Empire rise and fall. @Sylviasnow89 brillantly pointed out that Snoke looks like the Enchanteress in Beauty & Beast 2. So there must be the idea of a curse behind it that makes it impossible for Kylo to breal the spell. Others have pointed out that Kylo's scar looks strangely similar to Snoke's and came to the conclusion that Snoke might be Kylo Ren himself or the personnification of the Dark Side with some part deep inside Kylo. I pointed out the similarity between Kylo's scar and Adam's portrait:
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 39 Screen30
Then I thought to Anakin's line about "becoming all powerful" to prevent people from dying and made the connexion with Prince Adam's portrait. We must keep in mind that he was supposed to remain a Beast "forever" after he was cursed. Does it mean until his death or really for eternity? This lead me to the following speculation even if I hope it's not that: don't you think that Kylo Ren's curse may have some connexion with the portrait of Dorian Gray, not the entire story but at least some elements? I don't say that he would be Snoke himself but that he would be under some strong spell that binds his life  forever with Snoke the same way Dorian Gray is bound with the portrait. This could perhaps explain why they made him look so boyish and attractive while Snoke appears so  old and ugly. This would also makes sense, knowing the similarities between TFA and Harry Potter with some part of Voldemort living within Harry. J.J. Abrams stated that Ben was actually convinced to run away from the FO, then the sun disappears and one can hear Snoke's theme while Kylo is killing his father. Olus the novelization described Kylo as stunned by his own action and being weakened instead of strenghten. What do you think all about it?
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 39 Dorian10
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 39 440b3d10
@reylo1992

Very interesting,@reylo1992, I've also thught that Snoke's scar is too similar to Kylo's, it must be so similar for a reason. We don't really know who Snoke is or what he really looks like because Kylo communicates with a hologram, not with Snoke himself. I even wondered whether he somehow might be Kylo himself, perhaps in the future, but this is too weird and I can't imagine how it could work as a possibility. Snoke also reminded me of Dorian Grey's picture but again, I can't imagine how this could play out. In fact, Snoke looks like Kylo will if he doesn't break with the DS, but why?

If it's true that black magic is involved and Snoke is like Voldemort, he'll crush Kylo, like Han said, to prolong his life and grab Kylo's youth and also his power. However Leia knows of Snoke and who he is, his real age and how he interacted with the Skywalkers. This and how he messed up with Kylo's mind are the main questions.

I wonder if Ben ever stood a chance. Perhaps he didn't because Snoke has always controlled his mind with Dark power so that Kylo is only his puppet and little more than a zombie by now.

The other option, IMO, is that Ben is the only one capable of stopping Snoke, but only by sacrificing everything in the process, including his soul. Perhaps Luke knows,what Ben is up to and that's why he doesn't try to stop him and looks so sad and haunted. What I really can't see is a story where Kylo's motivation is to rule the galaxy. He doesn't seem the type, too mystical, spiritual and detached from the world for that.

Anyway, these are mere hypothesis, it's difficult to guess what they have in their minds.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:15 pm

@Gemini wrote:Deliberate timing of the movie with the end of episode 9 speaks massive volumes, as a filmmaker alarm bells are definitely ringing in my ears
@Gemini

Ok this is going over my head... please help the non filmmaker understand?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:34 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Deliberate timing of the movie with the end of episode 9 speaks massive volumes, as a filmmaker alarm bells are definitely ringing in my ears
@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

In a movie franchise where sequels are the main source of money, the production company has to ensure that they release a title at a guaranteed timeframe where it will generate the most box office success in sales. They seemingly/possibly have decided that obibwan tale will be most successful upon release after episode 9. It has to work logically with the story we already have and more importantly, it has to ride off the back of something before it in order to guarantee  butts in seats.

So something in episode 9 may possibly spark audience interest in an obi wan movie

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

In a movie franchise where sequels are the main source of money, the production company has to ensure that they release a title at a guaranteed timeframe where it will generate the most box office success in sales. They seemingly/possibly have decided that obibwan tale will be most successful upon release after episode 9. It has to work logically with the story we already have and more importantly, it has to ride off the back of something before it in order to guarantee butts in seats.
@Gemini

Plus, from a spoiler standpoint, this seems to hint that whatever they would focus on for the Obi-wan story, it has an impact on something in the ST. But...they want the "big reveal" to come in the ST, not in a standalone movie.

The easier answer, of course, as we're all alluding to would be that the ST will be revealing that Rey is related to Obi-wan in some way, but it could certainly be something else...although I'm not sure what else would have happened back in the Obi-wan timeframe that's still unknown and would have an impact on the ST.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:45 pm

Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:53 pm

You gotta love it! I'm not attached to Rey Kenobi theory at all, but any point there is a point out of the Rey Skywalker tally. Which is in the negatives to begin with at this point.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:56 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

In a movie franchise where sequels are the main source of money, the production company has to ensure that they release a title at a guaranteed timeframe where it will generate the most box office success in sales. They seemingly/possibly have decided that obibwan tale will be most successful upon release after episode 9. It has to work logically with the story we already have and more importantly, it has to ride off the back of something before it in order to guarantee  butts in seats.

So something in episode 9 may possibly spark audience interest in an obi wan movie
@Gemini

Thanks for clearing that up for me. that makes total sense, and clarifies what AB was alluding to in a very mysterious round a bout way
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 2:02 pm

Time to dust off this old joke:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 11 - Page 39 Tumblr_inline_o9pkvv6mkU1u1hblo_500

Why do we want Obi-Wan to be Rey's grandpa?

Super Honest Answer: Cause, if we’re trying to make these messed up puzzle pieces fit, this looks good!

Better Answer: Cause, Obi-Wan is awesome…lets bask in the awesome for a moment

(seriously though, it's beyond me if she was going to bang a Jedi, why Padme went for Mr I Don't Like Sand instead of Obi-Wan)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 2:11 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

Thanks for clearing that up for me. that makes total sense, and clarifies what AB was alluding to in a very mysterious round a bout way
@spacebaby45678

Actually it may explain why r1 is released instead of 8 this year

Obi wan needs to ride off the back of episode 9, however theres 2 other prequels in the pipeline. So r1 is added in order to push episode 9 back a few years.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum