ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by IoJovi on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:53 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@snufkin Since you've been wondering how Kylo gets his hair looking so fab... 'hyperspace apple'  Laughing

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Tumblr_ohgzypB5V81va3tggo1_1280

http://smugglerben.tumblr.com/post/153872548710/knightsofreyloren-now-available-at-walmart-this
@BastilaBey

LOLOL I thought that was photoshopped but I went to Suave's website to check and it's real! Laughing  Kylo's hair really is fabulous, though.  They should use him in shampoo and other hair care commercials. Laughing  Their sales would probably skyrocket. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

Why am I not in the least bit shocked this eventually became a thing? Laughing

It was only a matter of time...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:55 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Sacrebleu wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@sacrebleu, ha no what movie did he say that about? It's true, all of it! I've dated several men who do that and dont' appreciate/enjoy it because I end up feeling like I'm being pestered. OTOH, I also have a couple friends who've married guys who are really supportive/dynamic personalities and that in turn has resulted in them doing things like going back to school or starting their own businesses. So YMMV, but that's kind of the ideal in any relationship, finding somebody who brings out the best in you and supports you to grow and do challenging/important things. Hopefully that's what we'll get with these two.  But yes, many of us saw that line out of Ren's mouth to mean that exact type of behavior. Even in one of the original versions of Han and Leia fighting at Echo Base in the ESB, his original argument with her was that he could teach her how to be a woman, wink wink. Like father like son.
@snufkin

I can't even recall which movie he was reviewing.  I just remember reading that statement and thinking how true it was in my experience.  Whenever a man has become really interested in me, he has wanted me to learn his hobbies and share his interests.  I wasn't actually all that gung ho to learn how to fly fish, but hey.  I try to be open to new experiences. Lolilol
@Sacrebleu

Fly fishing! You must have had far more well-rounded guys interested in you than I did in my single days.

The guys that were interested in me wanted to "teach" me things like advanced UNIX shell scripting and to play video games with them. Or the guy who really wanted me to brush up on my Russian lit so that I could discuss it with him. (No offense to any Tolstoy lovers, but I've never really had the attention span for his stuff.)
@ISeeAnIsland
What is wrong with teaching advanced UNIX shell scripting? confused
@Geralt_Riv

Oh, it's a great skill to have. But not my first choice of how I want to spend an evening with a potential romantic interest.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:57 pm

@Iojovi @Kyla Ren What I don't buy is that Kylo would ever choose to be associated with a 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner and body wash formula. You just know his refresher is bursting with hundreds of designer grooming products.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:59 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:@snufkin Since you've been wondering how Kylo gets his hair looking so fab... 'hyperspace apple'  :lol:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Tumblr_ohgzypB5V81va3tggo1_1280

http://smugglerben.tumblr.com/post/153872548710/knightsofreyloren-now-available-at-walmart-this
@BastilaBey

It all makes sense because Walmart IS a major part of the Darkside! Although yes, I agree with you that he likely uses more high end product, just like how his mother has flawless hair and makeup no matter what rough situation she finds herself in during the OT.

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:01 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:@Iojovi @Kyla Ren What I don't buy is that Kylo would ever choose to be associated with a 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner and body wash formula. You just know his refresher is bursting with hundreds of designer grooming products.
@BastilaBey

lol!

You're so right!!! Haha haha Seriously I can picture him only buying salon grade products or heck better yet, grooming products that aren't available to the general public. No way would he be caught dead using a $3 Suave shampoo, let alone agree to having his image plastered all over it.

Kylo is going to be mad when he finds out. I don't want to be anywhere near that temper tantrum when it happens... affraid
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:03 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:@Iojovi @Kyla Ren What I don't buy is that Kylo would ever choose to be associated with a 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner and body wash formula. You just know his refresher is bursting with hundreds of designer grooming products.
@BastilaBey

They're probably specially ordered from the far reaches of the galaxy.  And it probably takes him like 3 hours to get ready in the morning with his hair care routine. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:07 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@snufkin Since you've been wondering how Kylo gets his hair looking so fab... 'hyperspace apple'  Laughing

@BastilaBey

It all makes sense because Walmart IS a major part of the Darkside! Although yes, I agree with you that he likely uses more high end product, just like how his mother has flawless hair and makeup no matter what rough situation she finds herself in during the OT.
@snufkin

Even my husband has picked up on that. He's noticed the "nearly natural" makeup look that Rey has in most of her scenes, which is a pretty big contrast to Leia being fully made up with visible eyeliner and eyeshadow while she's running around Endor.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:08 pm

At least he's not using the helmet as an excuse to let his looks go. lol!

Or it's all the more proof that he knew in advance he was going to meet Rey... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:15 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@BastilaBey

@snufkin

Even my husband has picked up on that. He's noticed the "nearly natural" makeup look that Rey has in most of her scenes, which is a pretty big contrast to Leia being fully made up with visible eyeliner and eyeshadow while she's running around Endor.

@ISeeAnIsland

Yep that whole part of the 3rd movie, as part of sexualizing her and making her story line into a love story. Even in ESB, there's not a hair out of place and her eyeliner never gets smudged. You'd think at least when they were prisoners, she would've cried a little and had racoon eyes after.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:24 pm

Mr Adam Driver himself said that he has excellent hair because of the Force and because he is so powerful with it.

It works for Leia too - but what's scruffy old Luke's excuse???  Even Anakin's hair was well kept in a somewhat stylised way?!!?

Kylo:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Latest?cb=20160417032040

Leia:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Leia02

Anakin:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Anakin-Jedi

Luke:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 33D5695700000578-3573233-The_man_of_mystery_Mark_Hamill_told_The_Sun_he_was_thrilled_to_d-m-45_1462374225068

Come on Luke you're letting the Force family down in the hair stakes!!  (It does look a little Anakin tho!!!  Laughing  Laughing )
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:46 pm

@Rogue Rey - I always pay extra attention to that exact hairstyle for Leia because Endor was filmed in one of the temperate rain forests here in Northern California. It's super damp even in the summer and hair does not stay that smooth, so she must have been channeling the Darkside to prevent frizzies!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 7:35 pm

I was having a great, funny conversation with a friend on FB about this shampoo bottle... right up until the point he compared Kylo to Kim Jung Un.   Don't ask me how we got to that point, because I dont know myself.  Rolling Eyes

This is exactly why I really don't like to discuss TFA outside this forum.  I run into this Every. Single. Time...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 7:42 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

lol!

You're so right!!!  Haha haha Seriously I can picture him only buying salon grade products or heck better yet, grooming products that aren't available to the general public.  No way would he be caught dead using a $3 Suave shampoo, let alone agree to having his image plastered all over it.

Kylo is going to be mad when he finds out.  I don't want to be anywhere near that temper tantrum when it happens...  affraid
@IoJovi

LOL!!! ITA, no way is he having hair products that one can buy at a regular place.  I bet you anything he buys them on the black market from Republic territories from a custom creator because he know what works and will have nothing less! Very Happy

Your post also reminds me of an Adam Driver junket type of interview that came out during the TFA promotion.  Someone asked him how he felt about his face being on consumer products in the grocery store, and AD answered something like he had seen Kylo's face on some bag of chips, and how he was pretty sure Kylo would hate those kind of chips. Laughing
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 7:44 pm

@SoloSideCousin I saw that interview and thought that line was so on point! I can take this a step further, and imagine an AU story/fanfic where Kylo walks into any given Target and the situation that ensues is so awkward it hurts... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 8:25 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

lol!

You're so right!!!  Haha haha Seriously I can picture him only buying salon grade products or heck better yet, grooming products that aren't available to the general public.  No way would he be caught dead using a $3 Suave shampoo, let alone agree to having his image plastered all over it.

Kylo is going to be mad when he finds out.  I don't want to be anywhere near that temper tantrum when it happens...  affraid
@IoJovi

LOL!!! ITA, no way is he having hair products that one can buy at a regular place.  I bet you anything he buys them on the black market from Republic territories from a custom creator because he know what works and will have nothing less! Very Happy

Your post also reminds me of an Adam Driver junket type of interview that came out during the TFA promotion.  Someone asked him how he felt about his face being on consumer products in the grocery store, and AD answered something like he had seen Kylo's face on some bag of chips, and how he was pretty sure Kylo would hate those kind of chips. Laughing
@SoloSideCousin

Kylo's on potato chips?  I've seen him on bags of popcorn, as well as some of the other TFA characters, but not potato chips.  Laughing   I wonder what brand.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 4forYouRey-lolo on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 12:53 am

@BastilaBey

Thinking of Kylo and his well maintained hair under that mask makes me think of this scene from scrubs lmao

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Czhtaq10
4forYouRey-lolo
4forYouRey-lolo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 7:48 am

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

lol!

@IoJovi

@SoloSideCousin

Kylo's on potato chips?  I've seen him on bags of popcorn, as well as some of the other TFA characters, but not potato chips.  Laughing   I wonder what brand.
@Kyla Ren

A crazy hot popped potato snack

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 GLD-32
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 8:00 am

When Kylo pops up on feminine wash bottles or sanitary pad packaging, I'd be first to buy them.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 9:45 am

I have seen Kylo depicted on other food products like soup cans and cereal and popcorn boxes (for kids obviously), but it would be pretty fitting to see Kylo hair or beauty care products.

The idea of Kylo beauty products reminds me of the Cover Girl Star Wars mascara I bought shortly before TFA came out. I hadn't even planned on buying it, but I was on a trip and forgot to bring mascara, so I went to the drugstore and saw Cover Girl had special edition Star Wars themed make up (light & dark side themed) and I grabbed one of the black mascaras. Turns out it was part of the dark side collection and had a Kylo quote on the side of the tube: "Immune to the light." This is before I was even really aware of Kylo. The mascara is not the best and I don't use it often, but it's kind of part of my Kylo collection now. Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 9:52 am

Kessel89 wrote:I have seen Kylo depicted on other food products like cereal and popcorn boxes too, but it would be pretty fitting to see Kylo hair or beauty care products.

The idea of Kylo beauty products reminds me of the Cover Girl Star Wars mascara I bought shortly before TFA came out. I hadn't even planned on buying it, but I was on a trip and forgot to bring mascara, so I went to the drugstore and saw Cover Girl had special edition Star Wars themed make up (light & dark side themed) and I grabbed one of the black mascaras. Turns out it was part of the dark side collection and had a Kylo quote on the side of the tube: "Immune to the light." This is before I was even really aware of Kylo. The mascara is not the best and I don't use it often, but it's kind of part of my Kylo collection now. Smile
@Kessel89

You know how they say that the ST is no longer just for the boys like the OT and PT were and women are also being reeled in?

That Covergirl Star Wars collab is the best example of how they were already baiting women into the fandom before the movie came out. 

Srsly, Stephen Colbert called them out on that, like wtf does make-up have to do with SW?

But hey, female lead, dangerous dreamboat villain, and a make-up line. SW is definitely becoming a fave for the silly wimin.

Let them fanboys eat their hearts out.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:37 am

Carrie Fisher interview with Terry Gross for National Public Radio's Fresh Air here in the States. It's almost excruciating to listen to part of it because she talks so openly about her insecurity at that age and while I like Terry, she also tends to try and keep things light hearted/jocular. I still really like the appearances she did on the LL Show when Craig Ferguson was the host b/c you can tell she's way more comfortable with him because they're both very smart and funny, but also very open/vulnerable about their mental health and addiction histories. Terry is lovely, but she's definitely not somebody who's open or messy.

Highlights:

* Jokes about how their kid is a perfect metaphor for Han & Leia's tumultuous relationship because he "turned out so well" and "became Hitler." Also "he doesn't look like either of us, being 6'5."

* Talks a lot about her relationships with both Harrison Ford and her mother, Debbie Reynolds. Talks a little about her father Eddie Fisher, who she had to assume the adult/caretaker role with, especially as his drug addiction and health problems increased.

* A lot of talk about the OT being a Boy's Club and how isolated she felt in that environment. Including the whole slave Leia business and just the dominance of men behind the scenes in areas like Sound and Photography.

* Talks a lot about the fallout of her mom's marriages financially and her mother's strength of will/work ethic.

* Gary is included in the interview.

On filming the iconic Return of the Jedi scene in which Han Solo and Luke Skywalker try to save Princess Leia from Jabba the Hutt, an alien gangster who has taken her as a slave and forced her to wear a revealing gold metal bikini

When we first rehearsed it, [Han (Ford) and Luke (Mark Hamill) are] brought in front of Jabba. They talk to Jabba, Jabba talks to Harrison and Mark, and then they're led off. They never say, "Hey, how are you?" So as they were being led off, I said, in the rehearsal, "Don't worry about me! I'll be fine! Seriously!" which I thought they should've kept in there.

It was like, "Where am I in all of this?" ... I have to stay with the slug with the big tongue! Nearly naked, which is not a style choice for me. ... It wasn't my choice. When [director George Lucas] showed me the outfit, I thought he was kidding and it made me very nervous. I had to sit very straight because I couldn't have lines on my sides, like little creases. No creases were allowed, so I had to sit very, very rigid straight. ...

What redeems it is I get to kill him, which was so enjoyable. ... I sawed his neck off with that chain that I killed him with. I really relished that because I hated wearing that outfit and sitting there rigid straight, and I couldn't wait to kill him.

On her favorite Comic Con Princess Leia costume

My favorite one to see is the metal bikini — on men! That is what has been happening a lot. A lot. And not thin men, by the way! So that makes me feel good about myself, kind of a before-and-after thing — this is way after. Not only is Princess Leia fatter, she's a guy!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 2:00 pm

@Sylvia Snow wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey

lol!

@IoJovi

@SoloSideCousin

@Kyla Ren

A crazy hot popped potato snack

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 GLD-32
@Sylvia Snow

That's awesome! Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:20 pm

Hi everyone!

IF SOMEONE
wants to buy me this Kylo Ren Build-A-Bear,
YOU CAN

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 24234LR
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Tumblr_oh6358rXin1vyf2aho1_540
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:28 pm

Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:42 pm

@Xylo Ren

OMG!!! If some of those song's titles hinting toward Reylo or a Force Bond...
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 38 Hyperventilating
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum