Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Post by Man Without A Star on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:48 am

@Star Wars Connection wrote:
@Man Without A Star wrote:

Halo and Star Wars: Influence and Comparisons

Two for one this week! In this standalone episode we compare two giant sci-fi multimedia franchises: Halo and Star Wars. We tackle Halo's influence on Star Wars, and Halo's influence in some of the new media in Star Wars, especially in The Clone Wars, Rogue One and Battlefront 2. There are also some comparisons made in relation to the Sequel Trilogy. We also comment on grey characters and female characters in Halo and in Star Wars, such as Dr. Halsey, Cortana and Phasma.

We are excited to welcome Tarb, a fellow YouTuber (@Tarbtano) as our first ever guest speaker and collaborator!

Stay tuned for more coming up next week: our discussion on JJ's return to Star Wars, the "everything is coming up Reylo" news round up, thoughts on the Obi-Wan movie and more TLJ updates.
@Star Wars Connection

Damn! I did not expect this! As a Halo fan, it is exciting for me to see comparisons to Star Wars. Cant wait to listen to it tommorow!
@Man Without A Star

Awesome! Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Other than Denise, not many of us at SWC were familiar with Halo prior to watching this episode, and we found the subject accessible and pretty interesting.
@Star Wars Connection

I finally got time to listen to the episode. I really enjoyed it! I have to say, I did not really noticed the connections between Rogue One and Halo, but hearing you talk about it, I was like "they are right!" Smile

There are definetly lot of paralels between the two franchises. Even for example, Halo has a really vast mythology that involves stories that take place litteraly hundreds of thousands years ago, in the time of Forerunner civilization. Like Star Wars, you have videogames, but also comics, a lot of novels, animated shorts, live action tv etc...
There are also a few thematic similarities that I remembered but werent mentioned. You talked about how Halo deals with the problem of child soldiers (nice paralel to Jedi, Clones and now the First Order). But there are other things like for example, The Clone Wars. We know that clones developed a strong sense of individualism over time and they customized their own armor to make them more distinguishable. This something that we never really saw in Halo until Halo Reach back in 2010, in time when the Clone Wars were already on TV. In and after Halo Reach, and mainly after the new trilogy starting with Halo 4 we got a lot of new Spartans who tweaked and customized their armor, so they were not all just green.

Then there is another interesting connection and that is religious warfare. Like in Star Wars, in Halo, the Covenant wage war against humanity because they believe that Forerunners were the Gods. They also learned that the humans were directly related to Forerunners (they inherited their technology and are their heirs as a species to protect the galaxy). Since the Covenant was a society bound by religion, this discovery threatened their Empire and thus they declared a genocide against humanity in order to preserve their own society. They preached that the Halos must be activated and in the activation, the Covenant will follow the Forerunners on a Great Journey and transcend the mortal state of being. Not realizing that the Halos were built to wipe all life in the galaxy to stop the flood (but I am going off the rails here).
The paralel that I see is to the Jedi - Sith war. The very first conflict that started over religion - the Force. Dark Side and Light, the schism that fractured the Order and led to creation of the two factions who waged war for millenia. With the rumors about TLJ that there was some dark secret that the Jedi chose to bury in order to protect the Order from breaking, I see a similarities. Especially since the rumors that Ben and Luke discovered this secret and it led to a schism between them. Much like in the new Halo trilogy you have the Covenant broken into other factions as a result of the revelation that the Covenant leaders lied about the truth. Now the Covenant are waging a civil war that never really ended.

Another story and visual similarity can be seen in Halo 4 and the Forerunner trilogy of novels written by Greg Bear. The Forerunners were an ancient superpower that ruled the galaxy and their technology was so advanced that it could be seen as magic in some aspects. The most striking example is the constraint fields used by The Didact in Halo 4 and the Forerunner trilogy. Basically, the constraint field can be used to lift and manipulate objects over distance, kind of like telekinesis. In Halo 4, Didact literally looks like a Force user Very Happy

I am sure that there are other similarities but I cant think of specific examples right now. Anyway, great episode as always, keep it up!
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 5:40 pm

@Man Without a Star, what an awesome comment!

AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:06 pm

I finally got time to listen to the episode. I really enjoyed it! I have to say, I did not really noticed the connections between Rogue One and Halo, but hearing you talk about it, I was like "they are right!" Smile

There are definetly lot of paralels between the two franchises. Even for example, Halo has a really vast mythology that involves stories that take place litteraly hundreds of thousands years ago, in the time of Forerunner civilization. Like Star Wars, you have videogames, but also comics, a lot of novels, animated shorts, live action tv etc...
There are also a few thematic similarities that I remembered but werent mentioned. You talked about how Halo deals with the problem of child soldiers (nice paralel to Jedi, Clones and now the First Order). But there are other things like for example, The Clone Wars. We know that clones developed a strong sense of individualism over time and they customized their own armor to make them more distinguishable. This something that we never really saw in Halo until Halo Reach back in 2010, in time when the Clone Wars were already on TV. In and after Halo Reach, and mainly after the new trilogy starting with Halo 4 we got a lot of new Spartans who tweaked and customized their armor, so they were not all just green.

Then there is another interesting connection and that is religious warfare. Like in Star Wars, in Halo, the Covenant wage war against humanity because they believe that Forerunners were the Gods. They also learned that the humans were directly related to Forerunners (they inherited their technology and are their heirs as a species to protect the galaxy). Since the Covenant was a society bound by religion, this discovery threatened their Empire and thus they declared a genocide against humanity in order to preserve their own society. They preached that the Halos must be activated and in the activation, the Covenant will follow the Forerunners on a Great Journey and transcend the mortal state of being. Not realizing that the Halos were built to wipe all life in the galaxy to stop the flood (but I am going off the rails here).
The paralel that I see is to the Jedi - Sith war. The very first conflict that started over religion - the Force. Dark Side and Light, the schism that fractured the Order and led to creation of the two factions who waged war for millenia. With the rumors about TLJ that there was some dark secret that the Jedi chose to bury in order to protect the Order from breaking, I see a similarities. Especially since the rumors that Ben and Luke discovered this secret and it led to a schism between them. Much like in the new Halo trilogy you have the Covenant broken into other factions as a result of the revelation that the Covenant leaders lied about the truth. Now the Covenant are waging a civil war that never really ended.

Another story and visual similarity can be seen in Halo 4 and the Forerunner trilogy of novels written by Greg Bear. The Forerunners were an ancient superpower that ruled the galaxy and their technology was so advanced that it could be seen as magic in some aspects. The most striking example is the constraint fields used by The Didact in Halo 4 and the Forerunner trilogy. Basically, the constraint field can be used to lift and manipulate objects over distance, kind of like telekinesis. In Halo 4, Didact literally looks like a Force user Very Happy

I am sure that there are other similarities but I cant think of specific examples right now. Anyway, great episode as always, keep it up!

@Man Without A Star, definitely agree with @AceofWands: your comment is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. You're right on the issue of wars based on religion and how it ties in with the Sith/Jedi war. And we could have touched more on the "expanded universe" of the two franchises. One thing that's interesting is that well known characters from Halo's books (Lynda, Kelly, Fred) made their way to the main canon, and this is happening in SW with TCW and Rebels, but not yet with the main movies. And the point on TCW clones' armor is on point too. Looking forward to reading more from you! ^^
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlbPGNQ9_GMfOMxAhUm9Hg

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 1:44 am

@Man Without A Star, definitely agree with @AceofWands: your comment is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. You're right on the issue of wars based on religion and how it ties in with the Sith/Jedi war. And we could have touched more on the "expanded universe" of the two franchises. One thing that's interesting is that well known characters from Halo's books (Lynda, Kelly, Fred) made their way to the main canon, and this is happening in SW with TCW and Rebels, but not yet with the main movies. And the point on TCW clones' armor is on point too. Looking forward to reading more from you! ^^
@Star Wars Connection

Thank you, both of you Smile
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:12 pm

Hear ye, hear ye! By popular demand, at long last here is the JJ episode:

Return of the JJ and the Future of Reylo
In this episode we discuss recent updates in Star Wars:

• JJ Abrams returns to the sequel trilogy to direct Episode IX. He is the original Reylo shipper, but is JJ ready to close out the sequel trilogy?
  • The rise and fall of Colin Trevorrow. We find out we hated the idea of Trevorrow directing a Star Wars movie a lot more than we realized.
  • Some people tried to drag Kylo Ren on Twitter and Rian Johnson wasn’t here for any of that.  Super clutch move, we love him even more now. Send help.
  • Reylo dolls as a harbinger of doom for Reylo haters.

Spoiler alert: we think Reylo as a complex relationship between Rey and Kylo is pretty much confirmed. We can't guarantee any romance yet, but all the signs are there for an interesting relationship.

Last edited by Star Wars Connection on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 18 Sep 2017, 8:19 pm

@Star Wars Connection wrote:Hear ye, hear ye! By popular demand, at long last here is the JJ episode:

* JJ Abrams returns to the sequel trilogy to direct Episode IX.
* The rise and fall of Colin Trevorrow.
* Rian Johnson defends Kylo Ren on Twitter.
* Reylo dolls! They are a thing.

We analyse JJ's strengths and weaknesses as a storyteller, and what it might mean for the Sequel Trilogy. We also find out that we hated the idea of Colin Trevorrow directing a Star Wars movie a lot more than we imagined. We comment on Rian Johnson's recent tweets defending Kylo Ren as a protagonist and a relatable figure. Finally, we look at Rey and Kylo as a set of dolls, and what the future of Reylo might look like. Spoiler alert: we think Reylo as a complex relationship between Rey and Kylo is pretty much confirmed. We can't guarantee any romance yet, but all the signs are there for an interesting relationship.
@Star Wars Connection

Jumping Jumping Jumping
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 8:21 am

@Star Wars Connection wrote:Hear ye, hear ye! By popular demand, at long last here is the JJ episode:

Return of the JJ and the Future of Reylo

• JJ Abrams returns to the sequel trilogy to direct Episode IX. He is the original Reylo shipper, but is JJ ready to close out the sequel trilogy?
  • The rise and fall of Colin Trevorrow. We find out we hated the idea of Trevorrow directing a Star Wars movie a lot more than we realized.
  • Some people tried to drag Kylo Ren on Twitter and Rian Johnson wasn’t here for any of that.  Super clutch move, we love him even more now. Send help.
  • Reylo dolls as a harbinger of doom for Reylo haters.

Spoiler alert: we think Reylo as a complex relationship between Rey and Kylo is pretty much confirmed. We can't guarantee any romance yet, but all the signs are there for an interesting relationship.
@Star Wars Connection

Another great episode! Very Happy

I am glad that Treworrow is out. I saw Jurassic World in theater and I really disliked the characters and their behaviour. Having such director helming a character driven story is a recipe for disaster imo. My first choice for replacement was Rian, but J.J. is the "original reylo shipper", as you so eloquently put it Very Happy and if there is anyone who I trust enough with IX and their story, its him. Chris Terrio has not convinced me yet, but I remain optimistic.

Also, the whole KyloGate was just sad...I am very happy that Rian handled it so well and used great arguments that really resonated me. As I said in the past, Kylo is someone I strongly relate to, and when somebody says that because I relate to Kylo, I am a sociopath or what else, it makes me angry. Rian is my spirit animal and I cannot wait for december! Smile

As for the romance? The longer the build up, the better. Give me the tension, the drama, the chemistry, the stolen glances in VIII. And then an epic romance in IX!
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 7:22 pm

The Last Jedi: Kylo Ren, Rey's Parentage and the Connection with Obi-Wan's Movie

In today's episode we discuss updates in Star Wars, including details about Kylo Ren's arc in The Last Jedi as revealed by the recent Entertainment Weekly feature.

• We discuss our theories of Rey's parentage, with emphasis on Rian Johnson's recent statement that it is "only important insofar as it matters to her". (Yeah, OK.)

• We wonder at  a potential Rey Kenobi connection and how it might relate to the rumored Obi-Wan movie. We're excited about the idea of the excellent Ewan McGregor reprising his beloved role of Obi-Wan, and list the many reasons why this movie is a must. MUST.

• We also discuss the idea of Poe and Leia as "new family", a recurring theme in the ST. Looking at you, Rey and Finn. <3

• We overview Snoke in episode 8 and how he compares with Palpatine in the OT, right down to his shiny new Praetorian Guards, a play on Palp's Royal Guard.

• Lastly, we do a whirlwind review of Captain Phasma, Chewie, Maz, and DJ news as discussed in Entertainment Weekly.
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 10:30 am

Reylo 101 | Bastila/Revan and the Reylo Connection

We've had a lot of requests to discuss the similarities in character design and possibly character arcs between Revan and Kylo Ren and Bastila Shan and Rey. This is the first solo episode for our podcast series, testing a new brief format with Irina's awesome discussion of key topics in KOTOR and its possible connection to the ST:

• Brief overview of KOTOR and its main character arcs.

• Recap of the quintessentially SW story of Darth Revan and Bastila Shan, which highlights the duality and fallibility of human nature and the importance of redemptive love and second chances.

• Similarities in character design between Kylo Ren and Darth Revan and Rey and Bastila Shan.

• Force bonds and examples found in Star Wars canon and Legends.

• Brief overview of the surprising Reylo elements found in the Zayne/Jarael SW Legends romance

• Our thoughts on the likelihood of these various precursor characters and story arcs having inspired the LF story group's rendering of Rey and Kylo Ren as individual characters and their connection to each other.

Watch and discuss! ^^
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 11:04 am

Reylo 101 | Bastila/Revan and the Reylo Connection

We've had a lot of requests to discuss the similarities in character design and possibly character arcs between Revan and Kylo Ren and Bastila Shan and Rey. This is the first solo episode for our podcast series, testing a new brief format with Irina's awesome discussion of key topics in KOTOR and its possible connection to the ST:

• Brief overview of KOTOR and its main character arcs.

• Recap of the quintessentially SW story of Darth Revan and Bastila Shan, which highlights the duality and fallibility of human nature and the importance of redemptive love and second chances.

• Similarities in character design between Kylo Ren and Darth Revan and Rey and Bastila Shan.

• Force bonds and examples found in Star Wars canon and Legends.

• Brief overview of the surprising Reylo elements found in the Zayne/Jarael SW Legends romance

• Our thoughts on the likelihood of these various precursor characters and story arcs having inspired the LF story group's rendering of Rey and Kylo Ren as individual characters and their connection to each other.

Watch and discuss! ^^
@Star Wars Connection

Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 1:18 am

The Last Jedi Trailer Analysis

In this episode we look at the first trailer for The Last Jedi and analyze what it is conveying to the general audience about Star Wars Episode VIII.

We look at how the trailer parallels Kylo and Rey and describes them in similar and even interchangeable terms. We notice how Rey and Kylo’s trajectories seem to converge and how that is likely to affect the Sequel Trilogy. We analyze the controversial final scene of the trailer: Kylo Ren reaching out to Rey. We discuss why this ending for the trailer is symbolic and sets the tone and premise for Episode VIII.

We also analyze Rey’s arc and character development, and her likely dynamic with Luke. We look at Kylo and Leia, and the symbolism of their scenes, even if we know they won’t play out in the movie exactly like in the trailer.

We also tackle Poe’s awesome looks and inspiring or boring speech, and how Finn has turned into a full-blown bad***. We comment on how Rian Johnson is fulfilling most fans’ wishes in having the Finn - Phasma confrontation.

We look at many of Rian Johnson’s choices for the scenes and the trailer in The Last Jedi. We notice how the movie has elements of the Prequel Trilogy and the Old Trilogy and how it is going to have two awesome battles! A space battle, and a ground battle similar to Hoth. Who doesn’t love the Hoth battle?

We look at what we may get in terms of Rey and Kylo’s relationship, and why we expect a Rey and Kylo romantic relationship (Reylo) and why a Rey and Kylo kiss is possible and likely.

Finally, we address the dreaded topic of possible misdirection and comment on The Force Awakens trailer, and how it related to the scenes we saw in Episode VII. We comment on the role of a trailer for an audience, and also discuss the differences in approach between Rian Johnson and JJ Abrams.
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 1:37 am

Oh, I waited for your analysis till the trailer came out!!!! I so exited Claps Jumping
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 1:29 pm

I loved this episode, guys. You had me laughing the whole way through. I might have to give it a 2nd watch because it just that good. Considering sending it to my anti totally open to every story direction as long as it involves the Knights of Ren friend, just for good measure. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 1:40 pm

I loved it! Don't wanna be a bad person but in your face- ANTIS!!! Razz Laughing

By the way- I wanted to ask what origin Denise is... she sounds like my friend from the french speaking part of Switzerland. The accent is very similar.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 12:06 am

@Night Huntress wrote:By the way- I wanted to ask what origin Denise is... she sounds like my friend from the french speaking part of Switzerland. The accent is very similar.

@Night Huntress, Denise is from Brazil. ^^

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Considering sending it to my anti totally open to every story direction as long as it involves the Knights of Ren friend, just for good measure. Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

*Palpatine voice* Dew it.
Glad you liked it! We had a blast with it, this trailer is the gift that keeps on giving. XD
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 2:24 am

Great analysis! I loved listening to it! Smile
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 7:16 am

I just watched it again- and I broke a rip laughing so much about the theory with Leia wearing Kylo's outfit and mask and is the one reaching out the Hand at the end of the trailer??? WHAT??? Suspect   I don't want to make fun of other fans theories but I just can't help myself its so ridiculous! I'm evil I know- shame on me! Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

Today I read a few comments regarding the official trailer on youtube- I usually avoid them, because they just ruin my mood... but what some people wrote is just hilarious. Someone commented Rey will go dark and Kylo to the light and reaching out his Hand to Luke??? To Luke??? affraid
Like Kylo would ever look at his uncle like THAT and reaching out his Hand at him??? How can anybody be so bad at reading people? *facepalm*

We should open a thread "most unlikely theories after the new trailer release" rabbit
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:47 pm

Star Wars Connection, I would especially like to say thanks for your videos!!
These podcasts helped me to admit to myself what I was seeing between Rey and Kylo – I wasn’t confident in my understanding of the storytelling.. it is viewed with such disdain by many fans that I was hesitant to accept what I was seeing.
Star Wars Connection helped me to accept it and to enjoy it!

BTW loved your latest - especially enjoyed hearing you tease each other at the end there about how Rey can swim Smile
It's really wonderful to float ideas and swim against the tide Wink ahem.. [puns intended Wink ]

I really want to give you encouragement: Keep doing what you are doing- I look forward to hearing more from you guys!!
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:17 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Star Wars Connection, I would especially like to say thanks for your videos!!
These podcasts helped me to admit to myself what I was seeing between Rey and Kylo – I wasn’t confident in my understanding of the storytelling.. it is viewed with such disdain by many fans that I was hesitant to accept what I was seeing.
Star Wars Connection helped me to accept it and to enjoy it!

BTW loved your latest - especially enjoyed hearing you tease each other at the end there about how Rey can swim Smile
It's really wonderful to float ideas and swim against the tide Wink ahem.. [puns intended Wink ]

I really want to give you encouragement: Keep doing what you are doing- I look forward to hearing more from you guys!!

Thanks so much, @DeeBee! We love hearing that. Welcome to the forum! ^^

Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 10:06 pm

TLJ Official Poster Analysis + Thoughts on Reylo Marketing and TLJ Speculation (spoilers?)
In today’s episode we look at the official TLJ poster and break down the visual language conveyed by the characters’ arrangement, sizing, and positioning.

We compare Luke’s positioning to other giant heads featured in previous Star Wars posters. We look at Rey’s fierce “NOBODY BETTER TOUCH HIM” stance that comes across as protective of Kylo, as if guarding his back. We compare that to Kylo Ren’s more vulnerable and exposed body language.

We feel their dynamic in the poster is a callback to the refreshing upending of the damsel in distress trope and role reversal that Rey and Kylo Ren have exhibited from their TFA days, with Rey so clearly dominating Kylo Ren in their second and third interaction - we suspect he may be into that.

We love that the new poster features front and center the continued yin and yang and two-halves-of-a-whole themes that have overtly accompanied the mention of Rey and Kylo Ren in marketing materials as we near the release of TLJ.

We dragged the marketing earlier this year, but are now more and more impressed by the consistency of the message being conveyed across all platforms.

We make brief mention of the Reylo barbies, his and hers Reylo perfume, and Rey and Kylo’s clothes together on the floor - an obvious nod to the fact that they are clearly not going to do any sexual things together because Rey is Kylo’s reincarnated grandfather and they are twins. Or cousins. Or maybe Targaryens? Help?

In a potentially spoilerific and tin-foiley part of the conversation we do an awesomely bad job of explaining the brilliant Harbinger of Death theory by fellow Reylo-friendly podcast @knightsofrant​.

Lastly, we talk Force mysticism, Jedi folly, Sith excess and how the Sequel Trilogy may bring it all full circle to reach balance as Rey and Kylo Ren unite. In, like, a totally non-sexual way. Maybe. u_u

Today’s episode is short and sweet, and includes editing by our newest member, Ellie. In our video you’ll find artwork by two of our favorite artists, ksart-things​ and theforces-of-destiny​. Check out their blogs for more fab Reylo fanart and other cool things. (Links below)
This is a companion discussion to our TLJ trailer analysis episode.

REFERENCES:
Knights of Rant Habinger of Death theory
SWC | TLJ Trailer Analysis
SWC | TLJ Teaser Poster Analysis
SWC | Tumblr Survey: Rey and Kylo's clothes on the floor: what can it all mean??

FEATURED ARTISTS:
ksart Tumblr art blog: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com
ksart Deviantart gallery: https://k-s-art.deviantart.com/
theforces-of-destiny Tumblr art blog: https://theforces-of-destiny.tumblr.com
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 3:14 am

Great podcast and analysis as always Claps

I totally agree with Dale's "fan mail" - I never thought the Jedi way to be completely good... on the contrary- suppressing feelings is unnatural and can lead to suffering as well. It's normal to feel anger, fear and passion. But it's not okey to always give in to those feelings (like the Sith do).
So it's something between the two, that brings balance...
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 4:29 am

Brilliant as always.look forward to these podcasts so much as they’re so insightful, and gathers up so many thoroughly researched ideas is sweet little packages. I’m going to check out the Knights of Rant podcasts now.

Btw Back in the day when I was still fumbling in the wilderness with Reylo (as I don’t talk to anyone about SW or belong or lurk in any other forums) SWC really came to the rescue and I realised I wasn’t going a bit potty with what I was seeing
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 9:44 am

Another great episode! I especially loved how you took a jab at Rey Related theories Very Happy I am honestly really tired of those.
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:19 am

Sorry for going off-topic but @Man Without A Star, I love your Larry avatar Smile Who's the artist?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:25 am

Council of the Whills is anther great podcast. They are relatively new, big Reylo fans, but talk about many aspects of Star Wars. They are along the line of Scavenger's Hoard (my favorite podcast). Anyway, if anyone is interested you might want to give a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Gk69dQT58

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum