Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Post by vaderito on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 10:51 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Council of the Whills is anther great podcast. They are relatively new, big Reylo fans, but talk about many aspects of Star Wars.  They are along the line of Scavenger's Hoard (my favorite podcast).  Anyway, if anyone is interested you might want to give a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Gk69dQT58
@bashfulblueeyes3

I will! I love podcasts cause I can listen at work. I'm always on a hunt for good new podcasts. Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Council of the Whills is anther great podcast. They are relatively new, big Reylo fans, but talk about many aspects of Star Wars.  They are along the line of Scavenger's Hoard (my favorite podcast).  Anyway, if anyone is interested you might want to give a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Gk69dQT58
@bashfulblueeyes3

Thanks for the tip! They sound really good and I'll definetly check them out!

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Sorry for going off-topic but @Man Without A Star, I love your Larry avatar Smile Who's the artist?
@Darth Dingbat

Thanks! Smile I dont know who the original artist is, but I have found the image on google by simply searching Hamlet.
Here is the link to the image Smile http://ideas.ie.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/97/2015/02/127_ideas_Page_72_Image_0001.jpg
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 2:18 am

Visual Storytelling in The Last Jedi Trailers

In today’s episode we analyse the visual clues and callbacks in the trailers for The Last Jedi. We speculate on what these visual cues can mean for individual character arcs and the overall themes and plot of episode 8.

Watch and discuss!

Last edited by Star Wars Connection on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlbPGNQ9_GMfOMxAhUm9Hg

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 4:54 am

@Star Wars Connection wrote:

In today’s episode we analyse the visual clues and callbacks in the trailers for The Last Jedi. We speculate on what these visual cues can mean for individual character arcs and the overall themes and plot of episode 8.

Watch and discuss!
@Star Wars Connection

Wooo! I can’t wait!
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 5:16 am

Watch and discuss!
@Star Wars Connection
Another excellent podcast - thanks so much. I'm going to ask my son to check this one out as you ladies are so thorough and provide a really balanced view.

Looking at the comments - Nope I ain't gonna drinking any liquids for a few hours before the midnight screening either.
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm

@"Palmetto Blue", @MrsWindu - thank you! Glad you're enjoying our episodes. If anyone is interested in participating in the future please let us know by PM'ing any of the staff. We need new editors! XD
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Fri 10 Nov 2017, 7:45 pm

It was a great episode!
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 9:50 am

Entertainment Weekly TLJ Feature: Super Reylo Edition

In today's episode we're like:

And Reylo's are like:

gif credit: Lokicanyouhearme.

But it’s not all celebration, and we need to talk about some seriousness:

• Why is the marketing for TLJ so Reylo-heavy and so spoilery? Do they really just want the ants and the GA to get with the program? Are they so nonchalant with the bombs they’re dropping on us because they’re hiding bigger twists? OR, is it all misdirection like with TFA and "Jedi Finn"?

• We also try to reconcile Rian’s “No central romance” and “Luke and Rey are the beating heart of TLJ” talk with what we’re seeing in EW’s Super Reylo cover and the accompanying articles.

Other things of note:

• Luke fans, y’all are going to have it rough at first. It seems Luke is making the same mistakes with Rey as he made with Kylo Ren - which ended up contributing to his fall to the dark side. In other words, he’s been on that big rock for years seeking wisdom and yet he’s learned nothing. (Wait - we just remembered we’re also Luke fans. Crap.)
  • Still, there is a silver lining: Luke and Leia’s cover bodes well for them reuniting. Could Leia help Luke realize that “there is still light in him?” If so, it would be a nice recall of the Luke/Leia/Darth Vader dynamics in the OT and EU.
  • Rey and Kylo Ren have the Kdrama Boys Over Flowers dynamic going (you know: rich handsome arrogant prick Yun Pyo Kylo Ren gets kicked in the head his face slashed by poor dry cleaner girl Jan Di garbage picker Rey and can’t stop thinking about her, meanwhile she is “untroubled by such distractions” - until she isn’t) and we’re into it.
  • Inquiring minds want to know: what’s going on with FinnRose? What’s up with Poe and Holdo? How will Reylo be received among the GA? How far on the Reylo spectrum of awesomeness can Kylo and Rey make it this time around?

Watch and discuss!
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 9:51 am

cheers
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:50 am

I'll watch tomorrow from work cause resultion on my laptop is all screwed up. Can't wait!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 12:09 am

I can't wait to watch this one!
Every time there is a new Star Wars Connection episode - I feel like celebrating Smile
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

@DeeBee wrote:I can't wait to watch this one!
Every time there is a new Star Wars Connection episode - I feel like celebrating Smile
@DeeBee
The edited in memes and gifs make it hands down the best SW podcast for me. I die every time.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 27 Nov 2017, 10:05 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:I can't wait to watch this one!
@DeeBee
The edited in memes and gifs make it hands down the best SW podcast for me. I die every time.
@MyOnlyHope

This! cheers
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:21 am

LOL. Amazing editing @Darth Rowan. Loved it. #WorthIt for remembering how fan fatigued we were a month ago. We laughed so much, especially the part where we go into Rey being able to magically read the book Luke has been trying to decipher for 6 years. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:22 am

The Last Jedi | Behind the Scenes Reel 2: Fan Fatigue Edition
In today’s episode we discuss the second TLJ behind the scenes reel. We know we’re not the only ones who weren’t impressed by its total lack of Kylo Ren awesomeness. u_u

• We're wondering what  Luke could have said to Rey that would make her angry enough to beat him with her stick.
    (fake) spoiler alert:

• We believe it will be connected to her origins or her bond with Kylo Ren, and that Luke's withholding of knowledge and overall rejection will make Rey increasingly resentful and more vulnerable.

• We speculate about DJ's role in the capture of Finn and Rose after they infiltrate the FO.

• We have a question for Poe:

• We talk Poe and what he could have possibly done to earn his 27 slaps.

• We address the "Rey and Poe are the intended canon couple" speculation.

• Lee and Willow don't care for ReyPoe tbh, but we ship and let ship. ✌️

• We discuss the lack of actual Rey and Kylo movie scenes in the marketing, in spite of hearing over and over how central their relationship is to the story - what could it all mean? ~_^

Lastly, we are fatigued but we're also less than two weeks away from seeing this movie on IMAX baby. Hang in there!

Last edited by Star Wars Connection on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:23 am

@FrolickingFizzgig  lol you beat me to it. XD

Here is last week's episode (sorry that it's late!)

TLJ Speculation and Thoughts on Reylolicious Marketing
Today’s episode is all about speculation based on the noticeable change in LF’s marketing strategy for The Last Jedi.

• We talk Reywalker, Rey Solo, Rey Battlefront and FinnRey.
  • We share thoughts on the state of the fandom and the general anticipatory anxiety in the weeks leading to the release of TLJ.
  • We discuss the fact that LF has channeled the dark side of the Force in order to keep the conversation going.
    We talk some Finnrose. <3

Watch and discuss!
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:35 am

@Star Wars Connection wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig  lol you beat me to it. XD

Here is last week's episode (sorry that it's late!)

TLJ Speculation and Thoughts on Reylolicious Marketing
Today’s episode is all about speculation based on the noticeable change in LF’s marketing strategy for The Last Jedi.

• We talk Reywalker, Rey Solo, Rey Battlefront and FinnRey.
  • We share thoughts on the state of the fandom and the general anticipatory anxiety in the weeks leading to the release of TLJ.
  • We discuss the fact that LF has channeled the dark side of the Force in order to keep the conversation going.
    We talk some Finnrose. <3

Watch and discuss!
@Star Wars Connection
Oops. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 1:08 pm

TLJ Marketing in Asia and other Strategies for Star Wars World Domination

In today’s episode we look at LF’s marketing strategies in Japan and Korea, which carry a distinctive Reylo bent. We talk about the Korean TLJ relationship chart, and wonder about what the question mark between Rey and Kylo can mean.

We compare the Rey and Kylo dynamics with Kdrama and anime dynamics and character design. Lee gushes about Boys Over Flowers and the similarities between rich entitled a** Gu Yun Pyo/Kylo Ren and dry cleaner girl-Jan Di/garbage picker-Rey.

Let’s run a quick checklist, shall we? (spoilers for Boys Over Flowers)

• Guy thinks girl is beneath him - “Just a scavenger/dry cleaner girl” -check.
  • Girl thinks guy is an entitled jerkface. Check.
  • Guy kidnaps girl and takes her to his evil lair. Check.
  • Girl kicks guy in the head/slashes him in the face. Check.
  • Guy is angry and hates on girl, but he can’t help but admire her and becomes increasingly focused on her. Check.
  • Girl is “not troubled by such distractions” - until she is.
  • Much bickering, then love. No check until we see TLJ, but it’s looking good, guys.

Our post got cut off, boo.

There's some Rolling Stone discussion and talk about Norse mythology and zombie Rey Solo. Check it out.

We want to give a shout out to @shii405 and @Tex for sharing their knowledge with the fandom and helping Reylos to piece things together. <3

Also, words of wisdom from Denise:
All the signs pointing to a romance between Rey and Kylo Ren are in the marketing for episode 8 - not episode 9. Don’t be afraid to hope for something amazing in The Last Jedi.

Last edited by RKR Connection on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 1:21 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! I'm gonna watch now!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 5:55 pm

LOL, Boys Over Flowers... good comparison, I never watched the Korean version. But I love the Taiwanese version, the Japanese version and the Japanese manga. I have to watch TLJ first though before I can judge how Kylo Ren is similar to Domyoji Tsukasa (the Japanese name for the leading guy), might be totally different.

Asian Reylo marketing discussion should include the beautiful Chinese trailer that includes TFA Reylo too! Seems like China is not any less pro-Reylo than Japan and Korea Laughing
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 7:48 pm

@RKR Connection wrote:

TLJ Marketing in Asia and other Strategies for Star Wars World Domination

In today’s episode we look at LF’s marketing strategies in Japan and Korea, which carry a distinctive Reylo bent. We talk about the Korean TLJ relationship chart, and wonder about what the question mark between Rey and Kylo can mean.

We compare the Rey and Kylo dynamics with Kdrama and anime dynamics and character design. Lee gushes about Boys Over Flowers and the similarities between rich entitled a** Gu Yun Pyo/Kylo Ren and dry cleaner girl-Jan Di/garbage picker-Rey.

Let’s run a quick checklist, shall we? (spoilers for Boys Over Flowers)

• Guy thinks girl is beneath him - “Just a scavenger/dry cleaner girl” -check.
  • Girl thinks guy is an entitled jerkface. Check.
  • Guy kidnaps girl and takes her to his evil lair. Check.
  • Girl kicks guy in the head/slashes him in the face. Check.
  • Guy is angry and hates on girl, but he can’t help but admire her and becomes increasingly focused on her. Check.
  • Girl is “not troubled by such distractions” - until she is.
  • Much bickering, then love. No check until we see TLJ, but it’s looking good, guys.

Our post got cut off, boo.

There's some Rolling Stone discussion and talk about Norse mythology and zombie Rey Solo. Check it out.

We want to give a shout out to @shii405 and @Tex for sharing their knowledge with the fandom and helping Reylos to piece things together. <3

Also, words of wisdom from Denise:
All the signs pointing to a romance between Rey and Kylo Ren are in the marketing for episode 8 - not episode 9. Don’t be afraid to hope for something amazing in The Last Jedi.

@RKR Connection

What an awesome episode. Thanks guys! sunny I so want to believe in my dreams! But the problem if I expect things 100% then I will totally be devastated if it doesn´t happen. I want to believe! bounce I want to believe! But I am so afraid! study I am staying away from spoilers until I see the movie on the 16th and then I will either cry myself to sleep that night or will be in an eternal bliss for two years till IX lol.
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 9:46 pm

@shii405 That's true about the Chinese trailer - unfortunately it hadn't come out when the episode was recorded or we just didn't know about it at that point. :/

@tukicarreno I totally get what you mean. I'm starting to get panicky, lol.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 3:22 am

TLJ Predictions

We discuss what we expect to see from the movie as a whole, as well as our predictions regarding the Force plot and Resistance plot, with emphasis on key characters and character dynamics. Towards the end of the episode we speculate on the future of Reylo and the sequel trilogy itself, and share our TLJ wish list and fears.

Although Denise did not participate in this episode, if you've seen our recent TLJ speculation podcasts you've heard her talk about the protective stance that Rey takes towards Kylo Ren in a lot of the marketing images for episode 8, and questioning whether it was foreshadowing. With the release of TLJ tv spot #22, which shows
TV spot22 spoiler:
Rey Force-pulling Kylo Ren's lightsaber and wielding it apparently against Snoke, we have to wonder whether Denise is onto something after all. Why is Rey pulling Kylo's saber? Is he incapacitated in some way?

More importantly, she's drawn his saber to her, which has multiple implications (Freudian and otherwise *cackle*) and only bodes well for the dynamics between these characters going forward.

We want to thank @Tex for the bingo card template.
We'd love to hear your predictions and wishes/fears for TLJ.

Regardless of how it all turns out, we hope you enjoy the movie. It's happening! ^^

CREDITS:

Video and audio editing: Lee.
Speakers: Irina, Mary, Lee.

Today's featured artists:
ksart-things
blog: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com
Reylo: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com/image...
Reylo and porgs: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com/image...
Padawan Ben: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com/image...

theforces-of-destiny
blog: https://theforces-of-destiny.tumblr.com/
"It's Just Us Now" https://theforces-of-destiny.tumblr.c...

Today's episode comes complete with bingo cards:
TLJ predictions bingo:

and wish lists:
Lee's list:
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 10:19 am

TLJ Predictions

We discuss what we expect to see from the movie as a whole, as well as our predictions regarding the Force plot and Resistance plot, with emphasis on key characters and character dynamics. Towards the end of the episode we speculate on the future of Reylo and the sequel trilogy itself, and share our TLJ wish list and fears.

Although Denise did not participate in this episode, if you've seen our recent TLJ speculation podcasts you've heard her talk about the protective stance that Rey takes towards Kylo Ren in a lot of the marketing images for episode 8, and questioning whether it was foreshadowing. With the release of TLJ tv spot #22, which shows
TV spot22 spoiler:
Rey Force-pulling Kylo Ren's lightsaber and wielding it apparently against Snoke, we have to wonder whether Denise is onto something after all. Why is Rey pulling Kylo's saber? Is he incapacitated in some way?

More importantly, she's drawn his saber to her, which has multiple implications (Freudian and otherwise *cackle*) and only bodes well for the dynamics between these characters going forward.

We want to thank @Tex for the bingo card template.
We'd love to hear your predictions and wishes/fears for TLJ.

Regardless of how it all turns out, we hope you enjoy the movie. It's happening! ^^

CREDITS:

Video and audio editing: Lee.
Speakers: Irina, Mary, Lee.

Today's featured artists:
ksart-things
blog: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com
Reylo: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com/image...
Reylo and porgs: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com/image...
Padawan Ben: https://ksart-things.tumblr.com/image...

theforces-of-destiny
blog: https://theforces-of-destiny.tumblr.com/
"It's Just Us Now" https://theforces-of-destiny.tumblr.c...

Today's episode comes complete with bingo cards:
TLJ predictions bingo:

and wish lists:
Lee's list:
@Star Wars Connection

Another fantastic episode. Great analysis as always.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 6:06 pm

Hoorah!!!! another ep so soon???!!!! I'm giddy!!! Smile
Will look forward to watching it tonight.

What are the plans for once you guys have seen the movie?
I can't wait to unpack it with the reylo community Smile

Byeeeee and thanks!
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum