ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by EchoBase on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 6:24 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:https://twitter.com/makingstarwars/status/801023332598444032

I'm pretty sure we have lurkers Razz. Gosh, I am too old for this s***.
@EchoBase

Seriously though, what is that person even saying? That's completely incoherent to me.
@nonesuch

Check his/her twitter profile. She/he is talking to us.
@EchoBase

Is it possible to tell her gently to stop?!
@Maria Antonietta

No, I'm afraid.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 6:26 am

@Mana wrote:I think whatever he/she has to say always comes out wrong because of problems with language...I think that's the thing...
@Mana

I used to think that too becuase they had PMd me asking what Pablo meant and how to phrase questions. But after being politely advised that directly asking about the story wasn't a good idea they kept going and just expanded to other parties besides Pabs. This is the same person who asked Jason Ward why MSW hates Reylo. It isn't just a language barrier.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 6:46 am

@EchoBase wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:

@EchoBase

Seriously though, what is that person even saying? That's completely incoherent to me.
@nonesuch

@EchoBase

@Maria Antonietta

No, I'm afraid.
@EchoBase

I don't think it is worth it....what if this person is actually against reylo and just doing this to make people dislike reylo supporters?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 6:46 am

@EchoBase wrote:Check his/her twitter profile. She/he is talking to us.
@EchoBase

The only thing I gather from that profile is that she's a fellow Sney shipper. Razz
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 6:52 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I was looking at my father solving a crossword puzzle (his favourite hobby), and it suddenly occurred to me... Rian really loves crossword puzzles. He has posted pictures of them many times on Instagram and Twitter.

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of a puzzle or word game in Rian's Instagram pic. Whether anyone can solve it is another matter! But I don't think the "clues" are straightforward like Gotti + Chosen1 => the Skywalkers are like a mafia family, or "Zip Zealer" = a character's name. If the clues have logic, I'm pretty sure they have crossword puzzle logic. It has its own conventions, which I'm unfortunately not too familiar with as I'm not a crossword enthusiast, but...

For example, "zip" could be anything from:

http://crosswordtracker.com/clue/zip/
http://www.wordplays.com/crossword-solver/zip

For instance, "energy" + "life" in Chinese = "life energy"? The Force?

And as another example, an upturned box seems to be a common crossword clue for "on end".
@Darth Dingbat

Could be.

Also, John Gotti as a capo (head in Italian) - the term "capo" is used often for the mafia bosses (aka godfathers) - but it simply means head of a family.

Our Italian friends should correct me if I just said something wrong.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 7:01 am

@panki wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@nonesuch wrote:

@EchoBase

@nonesuch

@EchoBase

@Maria Antonietta

No, I'm afraid.
@EchoBase

I don't think it is worth it....what if this person is actually against reylo and just doing this to make people dislike reylo supporters?
@panki

Holy sith, she's following me
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:49 am

I will maintain my stand. 

That person is an Anti whose mission is to emulate the worst a Reylo fan could be and make others hate Reylo as much just by being a despicable fan on social media.

I may feel sorry for some Reylos with lesser emotional and mental constitutions in places such as Reddit, Tumblr, and Twitter, but none so far has surpassed this Yyvoneva person.

So yeah. Anti in Reylo clothing. Wink
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:03 am

Well they are gloating that they're being talked about on the reylo forum, so they got what they wanted I guess? Internet trolls seek attention, that's all there is to it. They seem to feed Pablo's idea of what silly shippers are like, and that might be why he continues to reply. It's unfortunate but there's nothing we can do.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:11 am

The tweeter you are referring to has said in the past that he/she is Bulgarian. Some of their tweets are cringeworthy but what can you do, they're free to tweet whatever the heck they want. I'm not sure any of us would appreciate being told to stop tweeting about something embarrassing or not!

Pablo's answer was interesting because he's stated quite clearly that he never lies and that people shouldn't ask him things they don't want to hear the answer to. I personally think the Beauty and Beast stuff has been taken too far with Reylo, but that's just my opinion. I'm also wondering about certain things that seem to have been accepted as 'going to happen' like the Ireland filming spoilers, which I've got my doubts about. MSW seem to be sketchy at best over what occurred there and some of their other spoilers suggest things might be going in a different direction. Maybe it's all designed to confuse and stop the plot from being uncovered. I'm unsure about some things that I did picture happening, but again, that's probably just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:16 am

@Mrs Ben Solo I agree about the BatB parallels but I'm guessing a lot of that just has to do with the new movie coming out? It's hardly the only story in that family, although it's probably the most famous and visually iconic. 

The Ireland spoilers seemed suspect because it was all being viewed from so far away. Some parts are probably right, others are filled in with the observer's own headcanon. I feel a little bad for fans who got all excited to see Luke wielding his green saber again, Jason Ward has said recently that they're really not sure that that's what's actually going on.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:26 am

@BastilaBey wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo I agree about the BatB parallels but I'm guessing a lot of that just has to do with the new movie coming out? It's hardly the only story in that family, although it's probably the most famous and visually iconic. 

The Ireland spoilers seemed suspect because it was all being viewed from so far away. Some parts are probably right, others are filled in with the observer's own headcanon. I feel a little bad for fans who got all excited to see Luke wielding his green saber again, Jason Ward has said recently that they're really not sure that that's what's actually going on.
@BastilaBey

Yes, I do agree that the Beauty and Beast stuff is a stretch. I mean, obviously there are some fairytale tropes/imagery involved, JJ already mentioned Cinderella. I just don't see Reylo panning out like any of those stories.

So much fanon/headcanon has been built up around the Ireland filming, there are bound to be disappointments.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

@Mrs Ben Solo Exactly, it's the tropes themselves that factor in but that doesn't mean the plot will be the same! I think somewhere along the way there might have been a misinterpretation of some of the first 'reylo' essays in the fandom. The one I'm thinking of is @frolickingfizzgig's where she talks about the beauty and the beast trope

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/post/140633462530/the-hero-the-villain-and-the-modern-fairytale

This is about age and gender dynamics in children's fairytales. It doesn't literally mean that the story is beauty and the beast, just because the hero and villain can be seen in those archetypes.

Regarding Ireland headcanons, do you mean the reylo-tastic idea of Rey falling in the water and Kylo diving into rescue her? Razz That never struck me as something that Rian Johnson would put in one of his movies, but I guess we'll see. Fans of all factions have their headcanons, it's just the way fandom seems to be. As long as people don't get too attached, they should be fine. A good story is what matters most.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:48 am

Welp. I must agree that Kylo Ren is a 'beast', especially in the Urban Dictionary sense of the word. Razz

Seriously, though. I think this person is just trolling for answers, and they've gotten some info out of Pablo as well as from Matt Martin. They seem to be constantly adjusting their approach in order to get a response. I saw them acting like a rabid Reywalker not that long ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:00 am

@BastilaBey wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo Exactly, it's the tropes themselves that factor in but that doesn't mean the plot will be the same! I think somewhere along the way there might have been a misinterpretation of some of the first 'reylo' essays in the fandom. The one I'm thinking of is @frolickingfizzgig's where she talks about the beauty and the beast trope

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/post/140633462530/the-hero-the-villain-and-the-modern-fairytale

This is about age and gender dynamics in children's fairytales. It doesn't literally mean that the story is beauty and the beast, just because the hero and villain can be seen in those archetypes.

Regarding Ireland headcanons, do you mean the reylo-tastic idea of Rey falling in the water and Kylo diving into rescue her? Razz That never struck me as something that Rian Johnson would put in one of his movies, but I guess we'll see. Fans of all factions have their headcanons, it's just the way fandom seems to be. As long as people don't get too attached, they should be fine. A good story is what matters most.
@BastilaBey

Yes, I do think some people have taken the fairytale parallels, especially Beauty and the Beast, to the extreme. I know Star Wars is a space fairytale but there are lots of other things in the mix too. Rian Johnson's list of preparation movies suggest a lot of themes around war, military service and duty. It has been assumed that much if not all of this will translate to the resistance plot, but we just don't know yet. A lot of those themes could also be applicable to the First Order and Kylo.

Ha, yes, I do think the 'Rey and Kylo fighting near a cliff edge. Rey falling in the water and Kylo jumping in to save her' has become fanon in some quarters. There is some great fan art and it's being talked about as if it totally *is* going to happen. Same for the Luke, Rey and Kylo stranded together on Ahch-To scenarios and the various headcanons around that. The Ireland filming spoilers are far too dubious and contradictory, in some cases, to assume we know for sure what's going to happen. The MSW spoilers about outfit changes for Luke, Rey and Kylo don't seem to gel with the reports that were coming out of Ireland at the time.

It remains to be seen what else MSW have up their sleeves in regard to Ep VIII spoilers. I guess we'll find out when they're done with Rogue One. I'm remaining cautious, though, when it comes to my expectations for Reylo in the next movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:07 am

I'm uncomfortable with accusing anyone of lying, so I'm not going to claim Pablo fibs every now and then, but there have been cases that he's said one thing and said a completely different thing afterwards. That isn't necessarily "lying", of course. One can make mistakes or be unaware of things.

JJ did mention that fairytale tropes were part of the package. There's a finite number of basic fairytale types, especially the more famous ones, so at the very least he and Kasdan would have been aware of BatB's existence. Whether JJ referenced any particular film or fairytale or anything else in this or that scene, would probably fall in the category of "being unaware of things" for Pablo. He doesn't even agree with JJ's take on Kylo, so I'm sure he doesn't particularly care about the tropes and imagery JJ may have been referencing on the level of detail.

I've never actually thought that Rey and Kylo's trajectory in this trilogy will follow the Beauty and the Beast model (but I have my reasons for that, which most here won't agree with) but I do believe it was referenced in the context of TFA, on the level of detail. But it was only one of the many things referenced, and it doesn't mean that Reylo = BatB (and there are so many different variations of BatB anyway: with this kind of a dynamic, it will probably be possible to find many shoes that fit).

Last edited by Darth Dingbat on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:08 am

@Mrs Ben Solo I think those types of headcanons serve a 'purpose' in fandom during the long wait - because as you say, they inspire a lot of beautiful art and fanfiction plots. I've seen similar in Kylux, when Pablo tweets things like Hux refusing Kylo bacta for his scar, or that they've been working together for about 5 years. And who could ever forget Millicent? Razz

I take it with a pinch of salt that shippers are certain those things *will* happen. Most people are just having fun. If one or two take it too seriously, hopefully the actual story still pleases them and there's always fanfiction if they want an alternative.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:27 am

There's something to be said for letting the work speak for itself, and letting people find whatever they find in it - both conscious and unconscious references, parallels, etc. Thousands of books have been written about Shakespeare's works, and luckily Shakespeare can't go on Twitter to answer anyone's inquiries with "to be honest, that scene was just filler, I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time lol".
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:34 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:There's something to be said for letting the work speak for itself, and letting people find whatever they find in it - both conscious and unconscious references, parallels, etc. Thousands of books have been written about Shakespeare's works, and luckily Shakespeare can't go on Twitter to answer anyone's inquiries with "to be honest, that scene was just filler, I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time lol".
@Darth Dingbat

Sing it, sister. Nonesuch and I had a discussion in one of our earlier podcasts about Star Wars as mythology, and why this obsession with what’s ‘canon’ and what’s ‘fanon’ is a little beside the point.

We also have to look at the medium and what subtext actually is. Many thousands of words have been written about Kylo carrying Rey on Takodana, but it’s just as plausible that many in the audience didn’t pick up on that as at all significant. It will never be ‘canon’ that Kylo carried Rey because he was roleplaying as Hades, or Erik, in that moment Wink And I’m sure if someone asked Pablo about it, he’d respond with something dismissive.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:50 am

@BastilaBey wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:There's something to be said for letting the work speak for itself, and letting people find whatever they find in it - both conscious and unconscious references, parallels, etc. Thousands of books have been written about Shakespeare's works, and luckily Shakespeare can't go on Twitter to answer anyone's inquiries with "to be honest, that scene was just filler, I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time lol".
@Darth Dingbat

Sing it, sister. Nonesuch and I had a discussion in one of our earlier podcasts about Star Wars as mythology, and why this obsession with what’s ‘canon’ and what’s ‘fanon’ is a little beside the point.

We also have to look at the medium and what subtext actually is. Many thousands of words have been written about Kylo carrying Rey on Takodana, but it’s just as plausible that many in the audience didn’t pick up on that as at all significant. It will never be ‘canon’ that Kylo carried Rey because he was roleplaying as Hades, or Erik, in that moment Wink And I’m sure if someone asked Pablo about it, he’d respond with something dismissive.

People have to have everything spilled out for them. The magic of imagination and being free in your head is gone. Apparently many were not given the time to be bored and hence to learn to daydream as a child. If there is one thing I am scared of is mind reading. So Kylo would have to behave or else I would hit him unconscious. My mind is my private garden.

Of all the people I personally know who watched TFA, none picked on Kylo carrying Rey, which sort of baffles me because that scene really struck me on my first viewing as a reference that I was so not expecting at that point in the movie - still believing they were cousins at that point. In a way it's nice too because most people see it as a plain scene while I see it as a special scene. I get more out of it, I win Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:29 am

https://twitter.com/SamiraAhmedUK/status/801113825739239424

For those with access to BBC Radio Four, Adam Driver will be on Front Row tonight from 7:15pm. Samira Ahmed is definitely a Kylo fangirl so I'm looking forward to hearing her interview with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:38 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I'm uncomfortable with accusing anyone of lying, so I'm not going to claim Pablo fibs every now and then, but there have been cases that he's said one thing and said a completely different thing afterwards. That isn't necessarily "lying", of course. One can make mistakes or be unaware of things.

JJ did mention that fairytale tropes were part of the package. There's a finite number of basic fairytale types, especially the more famous ones, so at the very least he and Kasdan would have been aware of BatB's existence. Whether JJ referenced any particular film or fairytale or anything else in this or that scene, would probably fall in the category of "being unaware of things" for Pablo. He doesn't even agree with JJ's take on Kylo, so I'm sure he doesn't particularly care about the tropes and imagery JJ may have been referencing on the level of detail.

I've never actually thought that Rey and Kylo's trajectory in this trilogy will follow the Beauty and the Beast model (but I have my reasons for that, which most here won't agree with) but I do believe it was referenced in the context of TFA, on the level of detail. But it was only one of the many things referenced, and it doesn't mean that Reylo = BatB (and there are so many different variations of BatB anyway: with this kind of a dynamic, it will probably be possible to find many shoes that fit).

@Darth Dingbat

Considering how fanatical Disney's fan base is, the rush to make comparisons to previous films isn't surprising. Especially when you have Maz saying that the "Beasts" are here and he gets called both a "creature" and a "monster" by Rey. Beyond that, personally I can maybe see some similarities to the original fairy tale in that it's a prince who's under a curse. But otherwise find it a stretch to think it'd at all be like the animated film beat for beat. Same goes with the comments I've seen on here comparing it to Pride and Prejudice. Sure she's poor and scrappy and he's haughty and high class. But that's like comparing Han and Leia to the Taming of the Shrew and then trying to interpret every single interaction they have to fit into that narrative. There are many other books/stories I can see bits and pieces of (like His Dark Materials or Jane Eyre), but that's because they all draw from the same well of inspiration.

As for the Twitter lurker, well congratulations you're the 2nd most paid attention to troll on the Internet these days.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:59 am

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8 - Page 4 Img_8410
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 8 - Page 4 Img_8411

I don't know who Cheesus is, but she/he speaks out what's on my mind right now.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:08 pm

Kill me if I understand any of it.

confused lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:13 pm

Many people need to have Twitter taken away from them is my takeaway.

Forgot to add to my above comments, I'm as guilty of that myself having seen all of Rian Johnson's movies (because I'm a pedantic film nerd) before the announcement that he was directing VIII. So while it's fun to speculate how any of VIII might share beats, character relationships, and traits with his previous films, have to also remember that each of them are very very different from one another. And that he's an expert at playing and subverting genres (Brick and Looper are both great examples).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:45 pm

That's why I think this forum should be visible to members only. Otherwise the general trolls will take our ideas and throw them in the face of LF employes, not cool IMO. And the mocking will go on and on...
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum