ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 29 Dec - 14:27

@Darth_Awakened wrote:I have some doubts about Luke Skywalker in Dubrovnik.

They were filming in Ireland for about a month - I would say (I'am not an expert though - feel free to correct me) it makes a fair amount of footage. If Ireland stands for Anch-To then it seems that Luke, Rey and Kylo stay there for almost entire movie.

If Luke pops-up in Dubrovnik - I think it will be by the end of the movie. However, the one thing we know for sure that at least one scene in Dubrovnik happens right before the middle of the movie. (The number of the scene at the filming board suggests so).

As well, Finn and KMT are definitely there - however there was also a rumor reported by MSW of both of them fighting the stormtroopers - who (alongside the other FO uniforms)were nowhere to be seen in Dubrovnik.

It's just a bit too confusing for now.

@Darth_Awakened

Very good point on the timing of the scenes where we had some info on scene number. And that scene where Finn and KMT were fighting storm troopers was supposed to be around the start of Act III, I believe, and had them infiltrating a star destroyer or something like that...which would indicate that those characters, at least, had left the Dubrovnik setting by then.

Gotta wonder what happens to Chewie in a scenario where Luke splits off from Kylo and Rey. If Luke had a one-seater ship and took R2 with him, and Rey and Kylo are teaming up on whatever...where does that leave Chewie?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 29 Dec - 14:40

I remember reading a spoiler tid bit six months ago....the spoiler claimed that Croatian hackers were able to hack into episode 8 production computers and they claim kylo does something to betray the first order at the end of 8. Now I do not really believe this spoiler but it would be cool if that happened...

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 29 Dec - 14:44

BTW--Whether Luke shows up in Dubrovnik or not, I do think that Mark's costume pretty definitively indicates that he leaves Ahch-To at some point. We still don't know what the Iceland location was used for, and it's also entirely possible that there's a location or two that we know nothing about yet.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 29 Dec - 14:45

@Birdwoman wrote:I remember reading a spoiler tid bit six months ago....the spoiler claimed that Croatian hackers were able to hack into episode 8 production computers and they claim kylo does something to betray the first order at the end of 8. Now I do not really believe this spoiler but it would be cool if that happened...
@Birdwoman

That is interesting, but whether or not it's a valid spoiler, it's something I think a lot of those who interpreted TFA correctly (namely, all of us here on this forum) see happening. Very Happy
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 29 Dec - 14:46

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

They were filming in Ireland for about a month - I would say (I'am not an expert though - feel free to correct me) it makes a fair amount of footage. If Ireland stands for Anch-To then it seems that Luke, Rey and Kylo stay there for almost entire movie.

If Luke pops-up in Dubrovnik - I think it will be by the end of the movie. However, the one thing we know for sure that at least one scene in Dubrovnik happens right before the middle of the movie. (The number of the scene at the filming board suggests so).

As well, Finn and KMT are definitely there - however there was also a rumor reported by MSW of both of them fighting the stormtroopers - who (alongside the other FO uniforms)were nowhere to be seen in Dubrovnik.

@Darth_Awakened

Very good point on the timing of the scenes where we had some info on scene number. And that scene where Finn and KMT were fighting storm troopers was supposed to be around the start of Act III, I believe, and had them infiltrating a star destroyer or something like that...which would indicate that those characters, at least, had left the Dubrovnik setting by then.

Gotta wonder what happens to Chewie in a scenario where Luke splits off from Kylo and Rey. If Luke had a one-seater ship and took R2 with him, and Rey and Kylo are teaming up on whatever...where does that leave Chewie?
@ISeeAnIsland

I rather not to think about Chewie. I have some idiotic fear of Chewie dying in VIII.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 29 Dec - 14:52

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

I rather not to think about Chewie. I have some idiotic fear of Chewie dying in VIII.
@Darth_Awakened

I admit that I have the same idiotic, especially since it seemed like there were some rumors swirling around on other places that Chewie is killed or injured by the KoR (I'm skeptical mainly because I just don't see them killing off Chewie...).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 29 Dec - 14:59

The filmmakers can pry Chewie out of my cold dead hands.

My husband is pretty much GA when it comes to Star Wars, and could care less about Reylo or Rey's parentage (although I think he's a closet Soloist -blagh).

However, any time I mention Chewie, his face lights up like a five year old... If I don't riot if Chewie dies, he will.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 29 Dec - 15:03

@IoJovi wrote:The filmmakers can pry Chewie out of my cold dead hands.

My husband is pretty much GA when it comes to Star Wars, and could care less about Reylo or Rey's parentage (although I think he's a closet Soloist -blagh).

However, any time I mention Chewie, his face lights up like a five year old... If I don't riot if Chewie dies, he will.
@IoJovi

I'll admit that I've wondered if an injury to Chewie might be a good way to separate Luke from Rey and Kylo. i.e. Chewie gets injured, and Luke stays behind to take care of him, while Rey and Kylo go off to the quest at the Jedi temple or something similar.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 29 Dec - 15:05

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

Just wrote some post about the same topic in Episode VIII General Discussion Smile I agree with you about Luke & R2 on the one hand and Kylo & Rey on the other hand leaving Ahch-To separately. I think that Luke would indeed leave Ahch-To with R2 on a small one-place ship while Kylo & Rey would fly with the Millenium Falcon on their own. About Chewie, I hope it won't be the case but I imagine him going down for some reason because he was after all Han's old pal. The screenwriters wanted him to accompany Rey & R2 on Ahch-To and obviously not to stay so long there so that's why I think that Kylo will actually show up quite early at least before Chewie consider leaving the island to let Luke & Rey alone there if Rey is really supposed to stay there for a while before coming back to the Resistance base. As I hardly imagine Kylo, Rey & Chewie travel alltogether, I assumed that Chewie would die on Ahch-To perhaps by protecting Rey and/or Kylo from something. He was after Han's long-time pal so it's as if some part of him was gone. And let's not forget that if the MF become sort of Kylo & Rey's belonging, I imagine them rather travel alone together than with Chewie. So what would happen to Chewie next? However, there is also this picture taken on the Londonian involving Luke, Finn, Rey & Chewie
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 37 Cgavf-10
About Chewie: All Ahch-To scenes weren't filmed on the island itself, some were also in studio: so either Chewie is there because he's involved in some Ahch-To scenes that weren't filmed on the island or he's gonna follow Luke after they left together because Luke had actually a two-places ship
About Luke, Rey & Finn: the fact that they appear together on the photo doesn't necessarily mean that they filmed a scene alltogether. They may be in the same studio to film either a scene alltogether or to film different scenes where they aren't necessarily all involved.

I didn't know that they stayed so long on the island for the footage. I thought Daisy Ridley had reported that she stayed there for filming for two weeks. Does anyone know how long Adam Driver stayed there for filming? I know that they all arrived on May, 13th but Adam had to leave 2 days after to join the Festival of Cannes for Paterson and then come back on the set but I don't know how long he stayed there. Fpr Ahch-To, there are also all the scenes that they possibly filmed in studio, i.e. underwater scenes, underground scenes, and so on...

Last edited by reylo1992 on Thu 29 Dec - 15:12; edited 2 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 29 Dec - 15:07

My son asks me everytime we watch TFA if they will kill off Chewy?
He would be so sad if they did that...
I can see Chewy going off with Luke because he heard Leia is injured.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 29 Dec - 15:09

@Birdwoman wrote:I remember reading a spoiler tid bit six months ago....the spoiler claimed that Croatian hackers were able to hack into episode 8 production computers and they claim kylo does something to betray the first order at the end of 8. Now I do not really believe this spoiler but it would be cool if that happened...
@Birdwoman

Any non-hostile interaction with Rey or Luke or other Resistance members would be considered a betrayal, and in Kylo's case it's even worse because he's taking direct orders from Snoke himself. So unless he spends his entire time chasing Rey and Luke around the island in a cat 'n mouse game like a real life version of Tom and Jerry, betrayal's got to happen.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 29 Dec - 19:36

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Birdwoman

Any non-hostile interaction with Rey or Luke or other Resistance members would be considered a betrayal, and in Kylo's case it's even worse because he's taking direct orders from Snoke himself. So unless he spends his entire time chasing Rey and Luke around the island in a cat 'n mouse game like a real life version of Tom and Jerry, betrayal's got to happen.
@Rimfaxe96

I agree. I'm expecting Kylo's original mission on Ahch-to to change somehow, in relation to Rey and Luke and whatever significance Ahch-to has. I think we could see a twist on how the light side and dark side interact, perhaps involving Rey (and perhaps Luke) working together with Kylo for some common interest. Even if they don't trust each other.

They won't kill Chewie. They can't kill Chewie  Cry That would be too much.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Dec - 20:59

Joonas Suotamo was on set practically until the end of filming (going by his tweets). I know that doesn't guarantee Chewie's survival as scenes get filmed out of order but I'm hoping it means he will be sticking around. We don't know what kind of ship Luke has or if Kylo and the Knights of Ren arrive in more than one ship, I thought there were rumours of two separate ships. The resistance might collect Luke and Chewie from Ahch-To for all we know if Kylo and Rey ran off together in the Falcon. So many possibilities at this stage!

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 29 Dec - 21:03

I can't imagine them killing off Chewie in a million years.  Han's death was sad enough. Not only would it be just too damn depressing, but it would also take away the emotional weight of Han's sacrafice for his son by making it appear redundant.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Dec - 21:09

@IoJovi wrote:I can't imagine them killing off Chewie in a million years.  Han's death was sad enough. Not only would it be just too damn depressing, but it would also take away the emotional weight of Han's sacrafice for his son by making it appear redundant.
@IoJovi

*Ahem* EU novel Vector Prime. But yes, I suspect you're right. It would be way too much. But then again... killing Chewie off in the EU didn't stop LF from killing off Anakin Solo either - Han and Leia's youngest child and a character that readers had watched grow up. So... with LF always be prepared!

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia_3.0 on Fri 30 Dec - 3:34

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Oscar posted this on Facebook, in his tribute to Carrie. Carrie and Mark both seem to be in costume, with those black cloaks over their costumes (except Carrie's gown seems to be black, too).

I hope Carrie, Mark and Oscar being at the studios at the same time can be taken as a hint that Luke joins the Resistance plot at some point and the space twins will meet one more time. That was a reunion we all wanted to see, I'm sure.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 37 I2fie8duzi6y
@Darth Dingbat

Maybe he was recording Han Solo's funeral ... his outfits look like something to wear at a funeral.
Magnolia_3.0
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Fri 30 Dec - 13:37

@Magnolia_3.0 I think it's been confirmed there would be no funeral onscreen for Han, though?

But honestly, I hope Chewie doesn't die. I mean, this is probably not the right time to say this, but I don't even know what they're going to do with Leia Sad
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Fri 30 Dec - 13:52

I'd like Ren vs Chewie (without anyone dying). It'll kill me inside but I'd understand if Chewie holds a grudge.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 1 Jan - 2:59

Guyss, seriously?? Reylo in MF together alone?? cheers Pls don't give me too much hope.... but if it really happens, don't think my shipping heart can take it. But hope its true!!

Does anyone have complete list of the whole filming schedule and location for VIII?

I only know these:
February 2016: Mexico / John, Oscar, KMT, del Toro
May 2016: Ireland (Ach-To) / Mark, Daisy, Adam
???: Pinewood studio (Mark posted his picture with Daisy in front of Pinewood on Daisy's bday)

Can anyone please complete the list? Just to help me manage my expectation, hehe
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 1 Jan - 9:17

The two of them in the MF is on my wishlist! Them bickering on who will fly it, etc.

I do not think they will kill off Chewie. No way. It would be too much. But I imagine they need some sort of showdown with him and Kylo, Did Chewie know Kylo would survive the bowcaster shot? It seemed like he didn't try to kill him but....

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 1 Jan - 10:12

WhatGirl wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 37 Screen76

@reylo1992

You know, Rey in this shot looks awfully like Rian's overheard words from the set of episode 8: "This is when her feelings [about him] start to change."

This is from TFA obviously, but there's something reflective, wistful, and concerned about her expression here. As someone mentioned, it's as if she's sensing his pain from afar and she's conflicted because you're not supposed to be worried about your enemy, right?

So this scene may have been cut but I feel like we're going to see something like this in a future film. Maybe she will sense Kylo suffering as he undergoes his dark side training, and we'll see her staring into space like this, as if she's concerned but doesn't know what to make of it.
@WhatGirl

Did Rian really said that about Rey changing her view on Kylo? I think it makes perfect sense as JJ said their relationship will be interesting and just making it villain vs hero is not so much interesting to the audience, it has to be more to them. Kinda of empathy between them and then maybe developing into a romantic relationship.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Sun 1 Jan - 10:27

Didn't the 'feelings change' thing come from someone on Another Forum saying they heard this being said to a young male actor standing on ramparts in Dubrovnik?  AFAIR, the actor was being told to look up and something about 'her feelings are confused'.  We never learned who the 'her' was.  We also never learned who the young actor was portraying. Given the circumstances of the spying, we can't be sure the words were misheard or even being spoken to the young actor.

Before we leap to too many wild conclusions...
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Sun 1 Jan - 10:31

@Jakku wrote:Didn't the 'feelings change' thing come from someone on Another Forum saying they heard this being said to a young male actor standing on ramparts in Dubrovnik?  AFAIR, the actor was being told to look up and something about 'her feelings are confused'.  We never learned who the 'her' was.  We also never learned who the young actor was portraying. Given the circumstances of the spying, we can't be sure the words were misheard or even being spoken to the young actor.

@Jakku
I'm pretty sure the info came from @Sforza who's also a member of this forum and she said that the director was saying that Rey feels confused or something like that but I'm cure she said it was Rey whose feelings were changing/confused.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 1 Jan - 10:32

@Jakku wrote:Didn't the 'feelings change' thing come from someone on Another Forum saying they heard this being said to a young male actor standing on ramparts in Dubrovnik?  AFAIR, the actor was being told to look up and something about 'her feelings are confused'.  We never learned who the 'her' was.  We also never learned who the young actor was portraying. Given the circumstances of the spying, we can't be sure the words were misheard or even being spoken to the young actor.

@Jakku

I think the source heard them say "this is where her feelings start to change". I don't remember why they were so sure it was Rey, but people connected the young actor to Kylo Ren because he was described as "not very good looking".
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 1 Jan - 12:51

What are your opinions on this? 

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-9-filming-date-late-2017/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOtVi2NgE-R/

These arent official sources of course. But it is something to think about. Leia should be a major character for 8 and 9 and plays a huge role in Kylo Ren's character arc. The movie production gets pushed back later because TPTB needs to adjust with Carrie's passing. However, they might be considering the option of CGI Leia to fill in the late actress.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum