ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:01 pm

In other news, courtesy of our friend Eric Maell, it looks like art for the upcoming art show at SW Celebration in Orlando should be coming out within the next few weeks.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 SHInIu7

It looks like he's created an image of Chewie this year. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole product! I hope we get to see another batch of beautiful artwork layered with meaning and symbolism.

The artists have already been selected. http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Events-A-H/Art-Show/ Maell said this year was the most competitive one yet.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8579
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Pyro Nebula on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:24 pm

Gee, don't I just love being at a different time zone.

Anyway, it amazes me that there are articles and groups of SW fans out there, still trying to argue that Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, despite the contrary of evidence presented very recently and in TFA. How do they come to that conclusion? Their arguments and theories for their case is simply ridiculous and unconvincing. The only plausible theory for Reywalker or Reysolo is perhaps using stolen DNA to create her.  I'm more a GA SW fan, I couldn't care less about the TV shows and novels. I know they're canon but I'm happy just to read the summary of the events. Even so, watching TFA for what it is never gave me the idea that Rey is related to the Skywalkers/Solos.

Leia and Han's reactions to Rey were very subdued. That hug scene between Rey and Leia gave me the impression Rey wanted comfort and Leia sense that. Anyone would after the events that just transpired as we all know. Both are force sensitive, Leia was able to feel the death of Han on Starkiller base far away but not recognise her own daughter whilst hugging her. Even if Rey was kidnapped and missing for 14 years, the reaction should fierce hugging, kissing and crying like any loving parent would. And with Han, so it was really sudden for him to offer a job on the Millennium Falcon, but watching how capable Rey is as a pilot and mechanic, why not? Yes, she sees Han as a father figure but that's not evidence to prove they're related.

As with Luke, it appears he know who she is or recognise her future significance (if that makes sense) but not as his long lost daughter. He doesn't seem to be a type of person who would abandon his child if he had one. Even if he needed to hide his child for their own protection, there are other avenues to do this than dumping them on Jakku and leaving to fend for themselves.

That's my two cents on this matter. I think Rey is a Palpatine but being a Kenobi is cool as well. Or she might be a biological experiment. Anything else but Skywalker/Solo.

Oops, lunch break is over, better get back to work.

Cheers.


Last edited by Pyro Nebula on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar and spelling mistakes)

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:43 pm

@Pyro Nebula wrote:Gee, don't I just love being at a different time zone.

Anyway, it amazes me that there are articles and groups of SW fans out there, still trying to argue that Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, despite the contrary of evidence presented very recently and in TFA. How do they come to that conclusion? Their arguments and theories for their case is simply ridiculous and unconvincing. The only plausible theory for Reywalker or Reysolo is perhaps using stolen DNA to create her.  I'm more a GA SW fan, I couldn't care less about the TV shows and novels. I know they're canon but I'm happy just to read the summary of the events. Even so, watching TFA for what it is never gave me the idea that Rey is related to the Skywalkers/Solos.

Leia and Han's reactions to Rey were very subdued. That hug scene between Rey and Leia gave me the impression Rey wanted comfort and Leia sense that. Anyone would after the events that just transpired as we all know. Both are force sensitive, Leia was able to feel the death of Han on Starkiller base far away but not recognise her own daughter whilst hugging her. Even if Rey was kidnapped and missing for 14 years, the reaction should fierce hugging, kissing and crying like any loving parent would. And with Han, so it was really sudden for him to offer a job on the Millennium Falcon, but watching how capable Rey is as a pilot and mechanic, why not? Yes, she sees Han as a father figure but that's not evidence to prove they're related.

As with Luke, it appears he know who she is or recognise her future significance (if that makes sense) but not as his long lost daughter. He doesn't seem to be a type of person who would abandon his child if he had one. Even if he needed to hide his child for their own protection, there are other avenues to do this than dumping them on Jakku and leaving to fend for themselves.

That's my two cents on this matter. I think Rey is a Palpatine but being a Kenobi is cool as well. Or she might be a biological experiment. Anything else but Skywalker/Solo.

Oops, lunch break is over, better get back to work.

Cheers.
@Pyro Nebula

I'd always thought that there was a possibility that Rey and/or Kylo were part of some sort of prophecy, but with the calling out of the "strange connection", I'm leaning a lot more heavily in that direction. My current guess is that Luke recognizes her as being the piece of whatever prophecy.

All of the Jakku hints coming out of the Aftermath series certainly would seem to point to "dark" origins for Rey, whether that means that she's a Palpatine, result of a (probably failed) experiment, or someone else with Imperial and/or Snoke connections...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Pyro Nebula on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 3:27 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:Gee, don't I just love being at a different time zone.

Anyway, it amazes me that there are articles and groups of SW fans out there, still trying to argue that Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, despite the contrary of evidence presented very recently and in TFA. How do they come to that conclusion? Their arguments and theories for their case is simply ridiculous and unconvincing. The only plausible theory for Reywalker or Reysolo is perhaps using stolen DNA to create her.  I'm more a GA SW fan, I couldn't care less about the TV shows and novels. I know they're canon but I'm happy just to read the summary of the events. Even so, watching TFA for what it is never gave me the idea that Rey is related to the Skywalkers/Solos.

Leia and Han's reactions to Rey were very subdued. That hug scene between Rey and Leia gave me the impression Rey wanted comfort and Leia sense that. Anyone would after the events that just transpired as we all know. Both are force sensitive, Leia was able to feel the death of Han on Starkiller base far away but not recognise her own daughter whilst hugging her. Even if Rey was kidnapped and missing for 14 years, the reaction should fierce hugging, kissing and crying like any loving parent would. And with Han, so it was really sudden for him to offer a job on the Millennium Falcon, but watching how capable Rey is as a pilot and mechanic, why not? Yes, she sees Han as a father figure but that's not evidence to prove they're related.

As with Luke, it appears he know who she is or recognise her future significance (if that makes sense) but not as his long lost daughter. He doesn't seem to be a type of person who would abandon his child if he had one. Even if he needed to hide his child for their own protection, there are other avenues to do this than dumping them on Jakku and leaving to fend for themselves.

That's my two cents on this matter. I think Rey is a Palpatine but being a Kenobi is cool as well. Or she might be a biological experiment. Anything else but Skywalker/Solo.

Oops, lunch break is over, better get back to work.

Cheers.
@Pyro Nebula

I'd always thought that there was a possibility that Rey and/or Kylo were part of some sort of prophecy, but with the calling out of the "strange connection", I'm leaning a lot more heavily in that direction. My current guess is that Luke recognizes her as being the piece of whatever prophecy.

All of the Jakku hints coming out of the Aftermath series certainly would seem to point to "dark" origins for Rey, whether that means that she's a Palpatine, result of a (probably failed) experiment, or someone else with Imperial and/or Snoke connections...
@ISeeAnIsland

Totally agree. Need both to bring balance to the force.

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 7:21 pm

@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:Gee, don't I just love being at a different time zone.

Anyway, it amazes me that there are articles and groups of SW fans out there, still trying to argue that Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, despite the contrary of evidence presented very recently and in TFA. How do they come to that conclusion? Their arguments and theories for their case is simply ridiculous and unconvincing. The only plausible theory for Reywalker or Reysolo is perhaps using stolen DNA to create her.  I'm more a GA SW fan, I couldn't care less about the TV shows and novels. I know they're canon but I'm happy just to read the summary of the events. Even so, watching TFA for what it is never gave me the idea that Rey is related to the Skywalkers/Solos.

Leia and Han's reactions to Rey were very subdued. That hug scene between Rey and Leia gave me the impression Rey wanted comfort and Leia sense that. Anyone would after the events that just transpired as we all know. Both are force sensitive, Leia was able to feel the death of Han on Starkiller base far away but not recognise her own daughter whilst hugging her. Even if Rey was kidnapped and missing for 14 years, the reaction should fierce hugging, kissing and crying like any loving parent would. And with Han, so it was really sudden for him to offer a job on the Millennium Falcon, but watching how capable Rey is as a pilot and mechanic, why not? Yes, she sees Han as a father figure but that's not evidence to prove they're related.

As with Luke, it appears he know who she is or recognise her future significance (if that makes sense) but not as his long lost daughter. He doesn't seem to be a type of person who would abandon his child if he had one. Even if he needed to hide his child for their own protection, there are other avenues to do this than dumping them on Jakku and leaving to fend for themselves.

That's my two cents on this matter. I think Rey is a Palpatine but being a Kenobi is cool as well. Or she might be a biological experiment. Anything else but Skywalker/Solo.

Oops, lunch break is over, better get back to work.

Cheers.
@Pyro Nebula

I'd always thought that there was a possibility that Rey and/or Kylo were part of some sort of prophecy, but with the calling out of the "strange connection", I'm leaning a lot more heavily in that direction. My current guess is that Luke recognizes her as being the piece of whatever prophecy.

All of the Jakku hints coming out of the Aftermath series certainly would seem to point to "dark" origins for Rey, whether that means that she's a Palpatine, result of a (probably failed) experiment, or someone else with Imperial and/or Snoke connections...
@ISeeAnIsland

Totally agree. Need both to bring balance to the force.
@Pyro Nebula

Maybe that is why she was left on Jakku? To stop the prophecy.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5988
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Pyro Nebula on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 7:55 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:Gee, don't I just love being at a different time zone.

Anyway, it amazes me that there are articles and groups of SW fans out there, still trying to argue that Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, despite the contrary of evidence presented very recently and in TFA. How do they come to that conclusion? Their arguments and theories for their case is simply ridiculous and unconvincing. The only plausible theory for Reywalker or Reysolo is perhaps using stolen DNA to create her.  I'm more a GA SW fan, I couldn't care less about the TV shows and novels. I know they're canon but I'm happy just to read the summary of the events. Even so, watching TFA for what it is never gave me the idea that Rey is related to the Skywalkers/Solos.

Leia and Han's reactions to Rey were very subdued. That hug scene between Rey and Leia gave me the impression Rey wanted comfort and Leia sense that. Anyone would after the events that just transpired as we all know. Both are force sensitive, Leia was able to feel the death of Han on Starkiller base far away but not recognise her own daughter whilst hugging her. Even if Rey was kidnapped and missing for 14 years, the reaction should fierce hugging, kissing and crying like any loving parent would. And with Han, so it was really sudden for him to offer a job on the Millennium Falcon, but watching how capable Rey is as a pilot and mechanic, why not? Yes, she sees Han as a father figure but that's not evidence to prove they're related.

As with Luke, it appears he know who she is or recognise her future significance (if that makes sense) but not as his long lost daughter. He doesn't seem to be a type of person who would abandon his child if he had one. Even if he needed to hide his child for their own protection, there are other avenues to do this than dumping them on Jakku and leaving to fend for themselves.

That's my two cents on this matter. I think Rey is a Palpatine but being a Kenobi is cool as well. Or she might be a biological experiment. Anything else but Skywalker/Solo.

Oops, lunch break is over, better get back to work.

Cheers.
@Pyro Nebula

I'd always thought that there was a possibility that Rey and/or Kylo were part of some sort of prophecy, but with the calling out of the "strange connection", I'm leaning a lot more heavily in that direction. My current guess is that Luke recognizes her as being the piece of whatever prophecy.

All of the Jakku hints coming out of the Aftermath series certainly would seem to point to "dark" origins for Rey, whether that means that she's a Palpatine, result of a (probably failed) experiment, or someone else with Imperial and/or Snoke connections...
@ISeeAnIsland

Totally agree. Need both to bring balance to the force.
@Pyro Nebula

Maybe that is why she was left on Jakku? To stop the prophecy.
@ReyofLightSide

That's possible. Perhaps the person/people meant to kill her, simply couldn't go through with it. Tell a white lie about her family then leave.

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by BastilaBey on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:04 pm

A really fantastic interview with Emma Watson for the upcoming Beauty and the Beast movie, about whether these types of 'enemies to lovers' stories are abusive. She's wonderful http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/16/beauty-and-the-beast-emma-watson-belle-beast-relationship/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2350
Likes : 23522
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by CienaRee on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 4:10 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:A really fantastic interview with Emma Watson for the upcoming Beauty and the Beast movie, about whether these types of 'enemies to lovers' stories are abusive. She's wonderful http://ew.com/movies/2017/02/16/beauty-and-the-beast-emma-watson-belle-beast-relationship/
@BastilaBey

Thanks for the interview,I'm really excited about the movie and I love Emma Watson's thoughts on the whole Stockholm Syndrome dabte because I never thought that was the case at all.It just shows you how even sucha popualr and agless love story can be controversial to some people.
Btw,I found an earlier interview where Emma discussed how she wanted to make Bell more in charge of her detsiny and be more proatcie instead of been carried away by the story which I hope they do with Rey as well:

But the actress’s fondness for the original character has not prevented the Harry Potter star from changing the part to make her more proactive and realistic. In the original film, for example, it is Maurice who is the inventor of the family while, in the new version, that character trait has been co-opted for Belle. “We tried to tweak things to make her more proactive, and a bit less carried along by the story,” she says, “and a bit more in charge of — and in control of — her own destiny.”
http://ew.com/article/2016/11/04/beauty-and-beast-emma-watson-belle/

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1159
Likes : 5736
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Mana on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 5:50 pm

My best friend sent me a link to that article this morning because she knows I love Reylo and we're both Beauty and the Beast and Emma Watson fans... she said 'not just BatB but this might be relevant to your other interest as well'   oh she knows me so well!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1445
Likes : 12381
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 27
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 7:09 pm

Daisy's gonna be giving those kind of interviews by this time next year.

Although I'm not really excited for BATB (more like anxious), I'm glad that Emma was able to share her thoughts on this issue and shed a new light on a classic fairytale that still gets ridiculed just because.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 26
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 9:54 pm

I find what she has to say really appropriate, definitely words a modern film audience needs to take to heart. Also, having thought about it a little myself I would say Rey and Kylo's dynamic was written in such a way that the "abuse" accusations are perhaps even more ridiculous. Kylo isn't just the creepy animal dude in the haunted castle in the woods, he's actually one of the villains of the movie, so of course he's going to act like a villain (a sympathetic anti-villain, but still a villain). Also, Rey and Kylo are on two sides of a space war. He takes her hostage because THE MAP. Beast locks Belle up because he's a selfish, frustrated, lonely jerk (in short because he feels like it). But I guess at the end of the day the "abuse" thing was always just a strawman argument used to shut down conversation.

I also think it's fascinating how imagery and storytelling decisions that would be fully recognized for what they are in any other work of fiction by any other audience are somehow ignored entirely when it comes to TFA. I mean, really -- guy bridal carrying girl, guy taking bizarre interest in girl, guy revealing his princely locks to girl, guy watching girl sleep, guy staring at girl like a lost puppy, guy begging to be girl's space magic teacher. It's absolutely bizarre that it takes updating entries on a website to make a certain portion of the audience even come close to acknowledging that maybe -- just maybe -- these two characters might have a connection that will be narratively relevant going forward. It's a real head-scratcher, that's for sure.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4382
Likes : 37618
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Saracene on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:24 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I find what she has to say really appropriate, definitely words a modern film audience needs to take to heart. Also, having thought about it a little myself I would say Rey and Kylo's dynamic was written in such a way that the "abuse" accusations are perhaps even more ridiculous. Kylo isn't just the creepy animal dude in the haunted castle in the woods, he's actually one of the villains of the movie, so of course he's going to act like a villain (a sympathetic anti-villain, but still a villain). Also, Rey and Kylo are on two sides of a space war. He takes her hostage because THE MAP. Beast locks Belle up because he's a selfish, frustrated, lonely jerk (in short because he feels like it). But I guess at the end of the day the "abuse" thing was always just a strawman argument used to shut down conversation.

I also think it's fascinating how imagery and storytelling decisions that would be fully recognized for what they are in any other work of fiction by any other audience are somehow ignored entirely when it comes to TFA. I mean, really -- guy bridal carrying girl, guy taking bizarre interest in girl, guy revealing his princely locks to girl, guy watching girl sleep, guy staring at girl like a lost puppy, guy begging to be girl's space magic teacher. It's absolutely bizarre that it takes updating entries on a website to make a certain portion of the audience even come close to acknowledging that maybe -- just maybe -- these two characters might have a connection that will be narratively relevant going forward. It's a real head-scratcher, that's for sure.
@FrolickingFizzgig

A lot of it is probably due to the 40 years of being a franchise with male leads and a predominantly male audience.

It's like, people know that Rey is female, but they don't expect it to figure in what kind of story this could be.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2355
Likes : 15115
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 10:43 pm

@Saracene wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I find what she has to say really appropriate, definitely words a modern film audience needs to take to heart. Also, having thought about it a little myself I would say Rey and Kylo's dynamic was written in such a way that the "abuse" accusations are perhaps even more ridiculous. Kylo isn't just the creepy animal dude in the haunted castle in the woods, he's actually one of the villains of the movie, so of course he's going to act like a villain (a sympathetic anti-villain, but still a villain). Also, Rey and Kylo are on two sides of a space war. He takes her hostage because THE MAP. Beast locks Belle up because he's a selfish, frustrated, lonely jerk (in short because he feels like it). But I guess at the end of the day the "abuse" thing was always just a strawman argument used to shut down conversation.

I also think it's fascinating how imagery and storytelling decisions that would be fully recognized for what they are in any other work of fiction by any other audience are somehow ignored entirely when it comes to TFA. I mean, really -- guy bridal carrying girl, guy taking bizarre interest in girl, guy revealing his princely locks to girl, guy watching girl sleep, guy staring at girl like a lost puppy, guy begging to be girl's space magic teacher. It's absolutely bizarre that it takes updating entries on a website to make a certain portion of the audience even come close to acknowledging that maybe -- just maybe -- these two characters might have a connection that will be narratively relevant going forward. It's a real head-scratcher, that's for sure.
@FrolickingFizzgig

A lot of it is probably due to the 40 years of being a franchise with male leads and a predominantly male audience.

It's like, people know that Rey is female, but they don't expect it to figure in what kind of story this could be.
@Saracene
Very true. It's almost like their brains melted while they were watching the film and all they saw were the EXPLOSIONS and LIGHTSABERS and SPACESHIPS and FREEZING BLASTER BOLTS (to be fair this is probably exactly what happened, LOL). SW has always been more than special effects and bad*** space wizard battles, I like to think the major appeal has more to do with the characters. The relationships have to actually go somewhere, provide necessary drama and pathos, but most theorizing just feels like people are making theories based on theories or starting from scratch rather than actually looking at what we already have (an intense and, to quote the SW website, "mysterious" connection between our heroine and villain, who happens to be Han and Leia's kid).

Funny story. I recently had a conversation with a friend about TFA -- he's a big SW fan but he thinks Kylo is going to die in TLJ ( Laughing ). We were talking about our predictions for the trilogy and whatnot, I ended up showing him some pictures and after a few shots (namely the one with Kylo crouched down watching Rey sleep) he instantly asked me if I thought Kylo and Rey were going to "get together". Of course he had never really considered the possibility (he likes to say he's terrible when it comes to reading emotions in films). But obviously he's not that bad because as soon as he looked at the pictures the lightbulb went off. Like, hope he realized they were FROM THE MOVIE, as in this stuff also happened IN THE MOVIE.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4382
Likes : 37618
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by ZioRen on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:20 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I find what she has to say really appropriate, definitely words a modern film audience needs to take to heart. Also, having thought about it a little myself I would say Rey and Kylo's dynamic was written in such a way that the "abuse" accusations are perhaps even more ridiculous. Kylo isn't just the creepy animal dude in the haunted castle in the woods, he's actually one of the villains of the movie, so of course he's going to act like a villain (a sympathetic anti-villain, but still a villain). Also, Rey and Kylo are on two sides of a space war. He takes her hostage because THE MAP. Beast locks Belle up because he's a selfish, frustrated, lonely jerk (in short because he feels like it). But I guess at the end of the day the "abuse" thing was always just a strawman argument used to shut down conversation.

I also think it's fascinating how imagery and storytelling decisions that would be fully recognized for what they are in any other work of fiction by any other audience are somehow ignored entirely when it comes to TFA. I mean, really -- guy bridal carrying girl, guy taking bizarre interest in girl, guy revealing his princely locks to girl, guy watching girl sleep, guy staring at girl like a lost puppy, guy begging to be girl's space magic teacher. It's absolutely bizarre that it takes updating entries on a website to make a certain portion of the audience even come close to acknowledging that maybe -- just maybe -- these two characters might have a connection that will be narratively relevant going forward. It's a real head-scratcher, that's for sure.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Honestly it's kind of surprising that there aren't more people who see it coming and argue vehemently against it because they don't like the trope. Instead most people bury their heads in the sand and refuse to see it at all, though they continue hating it vehemently still. The former makes more sense and is more mature, though I don't agree with it.

Then again, I'm of a mind that they DO see it and that's why they're so intensely defensive. It's just strange to me that instead of taking the moral issue with the direction of the movies and what the writers are setting up, they plug their ears and go 'la la la' and yet continue to scream.

It also doesn't help that Reywalker is a major blinder. Were that removed, most people would be predicting a Reylo direction whether they hate it or not.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2964
Likes : 20324
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Mana on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 12:55 am

I refuse to believe its mostly moral reasoning that causes people to reject the idea of 'Reylo'...for the wider fandom its because of the whole Reylation thing, and for places like tumblr its just ship wars. Its definitely not even about fandom activism. I mean, if you're going to send hate and death threats to people because of the fictional characters they ship, do they really have a right to decide whats 'abusive' in fiction and then fight about it when they themselves are real life abusers? They know this and they don't care.
In fact, I've only come across a tiny number of people who actually dislike the trope. Even the majority of antis have ships with similar dynamics like Luke/Mara Voss/Ventress for example. Heck there are even Anidala shippers who are anti Reylo and don't even get me started on Kylux shippers who are anti Reylo...Jesus..
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1445
Likes : 12381
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 27
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by snufkin on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 1:17 am

"I can be your space magic teacher" may be my new favorite chat up line. There's definitely a certain % of the "she's a role model!" or "emo wuss who deserves to die" comments seem to be a pre-emptive strike against this happening. Because I can only speak for myself, but I found it pretty blatantly obvious from my first viewing of TFA. Also there seem to be an element of "the PT sucked" and hating on Padme for being "weak" in the complaints. Granted Roger Ebert made the comment that George Lucas wrote love scenes with all the passion of a greeting card. Definitely get a strong whiff of people hating on the PT as part of where the complaints come from.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8336
Likes : 38680
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 4:04 am

I'm pretty all of the haters, fanboys and antis see the chemistry and the plot threats around Rey and Kylo, it's why they're always so on edge when the subject comes. They hate it because it's there in the movie, it's not just wishful thinking from the "teenage girls", and they don't want a "silly romance" ruining their space movie.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1330
Likes : 10744
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 28
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Pyro Nebula on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 4:45 am

@Piper Maru wrote:I'm pretty all of the haters, fanboys and antis see the chemistry and the plot threats around Rey and Kylo, it's why they're always so on edge when the subject comes. They hate it because it's there in the movie, it's not just wishful thinking from the "teenage girls", and they don't want a "silly romance" ruining their space movie.
@Piper Maru

Antis will always hate Reylo before and after canon confirmation.  It's just the ugly nature of fandom - very nasty indeed. Don't be surprised some may still be in denial and won't not consider it canon anyway.

As for romance,  there will always be romance - with Han and Leia as well as Anakin and Padme. Besides, what's going to happen in Espisode 10 if there's no romance?

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by SkyStar on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 4:59 am

I would say that I hate the common blockbuster pairings targeted for man. The smart, very collected bad a** female and the goofy guy. She tries hard to appear uninterested in love, but then he finds something fluffy about her interests and teases her about it. Or the damsel in distress.

Rey is different though, she is kind, she is enthusiastic, but also she can be very emotional and fall into rage and capable of taking care of herself.

I really love Han and Leia, but mainly because Carrie and Harrison had this mind blowing chemistry, and they were great characters. However, I feel that blockbusters are recycling this idea of two characters on the same side having a disagreement that eventually leads to have feelings. It is proven and it is safe.

I think fanboys don't realize that we are in the same boat. I also don't want Rey to fall in love with a villain. I want her to have doubts, have a story line where they work as allies, perhaps for the same goal. I want her to see him want to change and make decisions that will lead to his redemption. Rey will forgive him, but will he forgive himself? I want Ben Solo to be return, but he will always have this baggage of being Kylo Ren and I guess fanboys think that everybody who ship Reylo wants that to be forgotten when in fact it is what makes the story.

I was following all the Avengers rant of people hating Bruce Banner and Natasha's romantic pairing. And I kind of get what Josh Whedon wanted to show. Insanely smart man, captured by this misfortune by turning to a beast and destroying everything, hurting others. Trying to kill himself in his grief, but he even can't do that. They wanted to show Black Widow  as the strong one in this relationship. She has seen and fought all the toughest man and it kind of makes sense for her to be interested in man who actually sees his strength as a curse. The delivery was off though (gave the wrong impression for a lot of people and actors were forced to explain it), also Natasha had better chemistry with other characters. In this case it is different - Rey already has insane chemistry with Kylo.

I was talking with one huge movie nerd few days ago and mentioned Rey and Kylo (not even in a romantic sense). I think he suggested for Kylo to cut Rey in pieces with his light saber. How can you possibly sell romantic story for this kind of person? Is it even possible?
However for others - if they find a way it would be epic and probably define new ways romance could be portrayed in blockbusters for years.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1503
Likes : 7123
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 5:23 am

While the writers definitely will try to please the long-time Star Wars fans (including the internet dudebros who are just there for Darth Vader slicing people and spaceships), we need to understand that Disney bought the franchise and they're trying to update Star Wars for the next generation. Their focal audience now is kids, people born post-2000 who have a different cultural bagagge and interests.

This new audience lives in a era of gritty reboots (Batman and X-Men), tortured anti-heroes (all the Avengers, Batman again, Spider-Man) and even villains being protagonists (Suicide Squad being a very popular movie and targetted at broader audiences comes to mind). They don't care at all about the protagonist being a pure soul or about dreamlike romances. They want conflict and shades of grey. And I'm sure that Disney will try to explore this.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1330
Likes : 10744
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 28
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by SkyStar on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 5:53 am

@Piper Maru wrote:While the writers definitely will try to please the long-time Star Wars fans (including the internet dudebros who are just there for Darth Vader slicing people and spaceships), we need to understand that Disney bought the franchise and they're trying to update Star Wars for the next generation. Their focal audience now is kids, people born post-2000 who have a different cultural bagagge and interests.

This new audience lives in a era of gritty reboots (Batman and X-Men), tortured anti-heroes (all the Avengers, Batman again, Spider-Man) and even villains being protagonists (Suicide Squad being a very popular movie and targetted at broader audiences comes to mind). They don't care at all about the protagonist being a pure soul or about dreamlike romances. They want conflict and shades of grey. And I'm sure that Disney will try to explore this.
@Piper Maru

I find Avengers a great example! They really explore the gray area - for example Scarlet Witch saving Captain America, but killing innocent civilians instead. They are the good guys, but they cause so much damage, even they themselves start having doubts that maybe the world be better without them. Bucky killing Tony's parents and Steve still sticking with him was a powerful moment that I was glad they explored.


For me Kylo did not pass the moral line because he didn't kill Finn at the forest fight. He could have, but he didn't. With Han it was personal. But killing Finn would really make me hate him.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1503
Likes : 7123
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Pyro Nebula on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:18 am

@reylo1992

lol!  Speak of the devil! Talk about comparing these two and this shows up.

I love how both images looks similar, it's like both couples waltzing - whether in the ballroom or in a duel.

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by Armadeus on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:34 am

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1486
Likes : 4629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : Seychelles

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 13

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:40 am

@snufkin wrote:"I can be your space magic teacher" may be my new favorite chat up line. There's definitely a certain % of the "she's a role model!" or "emo wuss who deserves to die" comments seem to be a pre-emptive strike against this happening. Because I can only speak for myself, but I found it pretty blatantly obvious from my first viewing of TFA. Also there seem to be an element of "the PT sucked" and hating on Padme for being "weak" in the complaints. Granted Roger Ebert made the comment that George Lucas wrote love scenes with all the passion of a greeting card. Definitely get a strong whiff of people hating on the PT as part of where the complaints come from.
@snufkin
I agree with you on everything. There are a lot of contributing factors at play here.

One of the reactions I continue to find the most hilarious is the intense obsession with explaining away everything Kylo does in the movie by tacking on extra information that isn't in the movie at all. As if they're trying to implant thoughts in Kylo's mind (even though he's a fictional character who can only think as far as the writers want him to). Like, "he carried her because it was the easiest way to get her to the ship", "he only asked her to be his student because Snoke wants her on the dark side, he was trying to manipulate her", "he watched her sleep because he wanted the map ASAP". It's a bizarre but still ongoing fixation on overlooking creative decisions for vague viewer interpreted thoughts/assumptions. Meanwhile, The writers could have easily had the storm troopers carry her. They could have had Kylo walk into the room with Rey already awake, as they did with Poe. They could have had him say "SNOKE" can show you". So many creative decisions are taken for granted by fans who try to twist motivations and add on extra information while in reality we're not really supposed to understand why Kylo did all those things. The point is he did them.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4382
Likes : 37618
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum