ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by EchoBase on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:43 am

My husband has a theory as well. He thinks that Kylo lives, but his life is miserable, because he feels like a captive, being torn apart and stuff. that's why it is not considered as living.

Just saw a clip of AD at the Stephen Colbert show. I posted it in the AD interview thread. I don't know if this is really a spoiler, but he mentions, the last time he saw Carrie was on set last summer as Princess Leia. So, how high are the chances that they could share scenes in ep VIII? I really do hope so.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 4:29 am

Good theory @EchoBase husband! :-) I could also see AD thinking of Kylo in that way, especially since there was already such a sense of "living death"/"suppressed soul" with him in TFA.  How bad will he feel when he starts to get a better awareness and handle on himself? I mean even if he was completely "triggered" into killing Han by the death of the sun or the dark side or Snoke or what have you, his guilt would be profound once he "got clear" ... so much so that he'd probably think he didn't deserve to live.  This actually makes me have a weird thought ... I wonder if they would play a decent undercurrent of survivor's guilt/suicidal depression manifesting in extreme risk-taking by him.  They already touched on this with the fight in the snow with Finn and Rey, but I wonder if they would actually go farther and briefly acknowledge it in some way.  They couldn't dwell on it,  but there could come a time where he might need to find a reason to live.

Oh I will have to find that interview! I live in the US and was home! How did I now know this?! LOL!  Thanks for letting us know @EchoBase! :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 6:08 am

AD talked - again - about how two opposing sides can be completely sure they're right. Kylo is clearly committed to one cause, and presumably sees Luke (and Leia and Han) as being on the wrong side, for the wrong reasons. I don't think the death of Han will have changed that conviction. What it's done - I think - is make him even more unsure that he's got enough in the tank to complete his mission.

If he feels that it's going to take more than he's got.......well, look who turned up, right on time! A potentially powerful Force user, completely untrained! No wonder he suggested teaching her. He thinks she was sent by his grandfather, in answer to prayer...
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 6:08 am

Sorry, no idea how that got double-posted.

But since I've got two posts to play with, can I just point out that Rey certainly showed him The Power of the Darkness, just as he'd asked.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 6:18 am

@Jakku wrote:AD talked - again - about how two opposing sides can be completely sure they're right. Kylo is clearly committed to one cause, and presumably sees Luke (and Leia and Han) as being on the wrong side, for the wrong reasons.  I don't think the death of Han will have changed that conviction.  What it's done - I think - is make him even more unsure that he's got enough in the tank to complete his mission.

If he feels that it's going to take more than he's got.......well, look who turned up, right on time!  A potentially powerful Force user, completely untrained!  No wonder he suggested teaching her. He thinks she was sent by his grandfather, in answer to prayer...
@Jakku

That is a good way of putting it, "not having enough in the tank."  I agree with you about his killing Han not necessarily changing his mindset either.  He has some kind of goal, something life-sucking and terrible and painful, something he had to kill Han for even though he didn't want to ... something he thinks Vader would have been "strong" enough to pull off, but something he may not be able to pull off on his own.  What that goal is is anyone's guess, but I think it needs to be something that a person could make a decent argument for, otherwise this absolutist thinking vs. absolutist thinking/Leia and Luke vs. Kylo concept won't work ... and I think RJ and JJ and AD are smart guys and will make it work.  I remember John Boyega said something during the early filming of VIII that he "almost" could believe Kylo was in the right.  That "almost" makes me think that some kind of argument could be made.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 6:55 am

@Jakku wrote:Sorry, no idea how that got double-posted.

But since I've got two posts to play with, can I just point out that Rey certainly showed him The Power of the Darkness, just as he'd asked.

That is a good one Very Happy She certainly did. As Poe said "you might wanna rethink your technique". Even killing his father does not get him there.

I am split on the "living" answer. It was maybe just a way to avoid answering. No actor will ever answer a question on whether his character lives or dies if that is not already pre-set by the story. I am quite sure we'll have some surprise regarding Kylo in VIII, but I have high doubts that he's dying (hello merchandizing) or getting robotic (all this to end as Vader 2.0, how original). And Kylo as a force ghost is lame, extremely lame. I'd be snoring. Force ghosts are for older force users. I can't see prone-to-tantrum boy - with his pack of muscles - stand there and give words of wisdom to Rey or whomever else.

I think AD is just learning how to tease in interviews. After so many interviews you gotta find your tricks to avoid answering spoilery questions while still making the interview interesting. You can't just go "I can't tell you" ten times.

May I say that I am going to call myself a fanboy now since 1. I criticized CGI Leia in Rogue One 2. I want Kylo to be even more of a bada*** force user. I don't care if Rey is also a strong user, it's not enough. I want Kylo to be powerful. Temporary force paralysis, ok, but no force powers anymore... I'll be howling with the other fanboys. I am a fanboy *dancing like Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air*

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyconsular on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 9:30 am

Kylo Ren could end up like Revan. Revan was torn literally though.

ladyconsular
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 10:56 am

@panki wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0 wrote:I confess I'm a bit worried about what Adam said about Kylo staying alive:

"It depends on your definition of living."

He would be seriously injured again, could become a prisoner or could be given as dead ... are many options! Shocked Shocked
@Magnolia_3.0

I had a scary thought reading AD's remark.....what if Kylo's connection to the force is cut and he is no longer able to sense the force and be a force user? Then he might give up this whole jedi business and take up racing like his Dad (I agree with urban acolyte on youtube that Ben probably wished to be a smuggler or racer like his father but was sent for jedi training)....or take up politics (I hope not).
@panki

Really? But these kinds of stories give me life. Razz I love it when a very powerful but arrogant entity loses their powers (temporarily) and has to earn them back through atonement.

Star Trek did it with Q in the episode Deja Q, which to this day is still my favorite ST episode. Q was the closest thing to a god in that series and he underwent major character development from existing as a mere mortal for a day. Thor (2011) did the same by having Thor banished from his home realm completely powerless. Both of these characters had to earn their powers back through a selfless act.

I started writing a fanfic several months ago about Kylo having his Force ability taken away until he earns it back by atoning for his past actions. It pretty much takes away the risk of him being a danger to the galaxy in the meantime, and will make him rely on other skills that he presumably has but we've yet to see. I think it's a very interesting possibility to explore should they decide to go in that direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 12:46 pm

NOT FREAKING OUT, NOT FREAKING OUT AT ALL

https://twitter.com/popculturequest/status/817438057133580288
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 12:46 pm

Though, knowing Mark, I half-expect to be trolled. Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 12:49 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Though, knowing Mark, I half-expect to be trolled. Razz
@Darth Dingbat

Before I clicked the link, was half expecting some troll worthy Reylated bullsith that would have the Reywalkers screaming into their Cheerios.

It was much, much better than that. Thank you for sharing...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm

I'm shaking.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:03 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Though, knowing Mark, I half-expect to be trolled. Razz
@Darth Dingbat

Before I clicked the link, was half expecting some troll worthy Reylated bullsith that would have the Reywalkers screaming into their Cheerios.

It was much, much better than that.  Thank you for sharing...
@IoJovi

LOL  lol!

I was expecting some sort of ultimate bad news.

EDIT: Probably some still of MH in his Jedi robe.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:05 pm

I'm expecting a photo of, like, a blank ceiling.

Oh wait, Rian already gave us that. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

The most exciting thing isn't what Mark is going to share, as it's probably something pretty small* - but the exciting thing is that I'm taking this as a sign of things to come... perhaps Episode VIII promotion is about to start soon?!

*) Or, it could be a total surprise and actually be something surprisingly big! Even a tiny teaser clip like the Ahch-To one we got a billion years ago would be great.

Either way, I'm excited.

I hope he's not trolling...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:25 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I hope he's not trolling...
@Darth Dingbat

I just read elsewhere why he could very well be trolling.

Apparently there are 7 episodes for Pop Culture Quest. And nowhere in the tweet does it mention Star Wars. Nope

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

Apparently there are 7 episodes for Pop Culture Quest. And nowhere in the tweet does it mention Star Wars. Nope
@WhatGirl

I spotted the same thing. Damn it.

He does use the Star Wars VIII font in the photo... pretty cruel trolling. Razz

But yeah, I fully expect this to be a prank now.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:35 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0 wrote:I confess I'm a bit worried about what Adam said about Kylo staying alive:

He would be seriously injured again, could become a prisoner or could be given as dead ... are many options! Shocked Shocked
@Magnolia_3.0

I had a scary thought reading AD's remark.....what if Kylo's connection to the force is cut and he is no longer able to sense the force and be a force user? Then he might give up this whole jedi business and take up racing like his Dad (I agree with urban acolyte on youtube that Ben probably wished to be a smuggler or racer like his father but was sent for jedi training)....or take up politics (I hope not).
@panki

Really? But these kinds of stories give me life. Razz I love it when a very powerful but arrogant entity loses their powers (temporarily) and has to earn them back through atonement.

Star Trek did it with Q in the episode Deja Q, which to this day is still my favorite ST episode. Q was the closest thing to a god in that series and he underwent major character development from existing as a mere mortal for a day. Thor (2011) did the same by having Thor banished from his home realm completely powerless. Both of these characters had to earn their powers back through a selfless act.

I started writing a fanfic several months ago about Kylo having his Force ability taken away until he earns it back by atoning for his past actions. It pretty much takes away the risk of him being a danger to the galaxy in the meantime, and will make him rely on other skills that he presumably has but we've yet to see. I think it's a very interesting possibility to explore should they decide to go in that direction.
@WhatGirl

I kind of love that idea. In my headcanon, Ben never wanted to be a Jedi, and in some ways, regarded his Force powers as a curse (at least, initially), and wanted to be a pilot/racer/smuggler like his father. I'd actually love some sort of a plot development where we got to see that side of him for a bit.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@WhatGirl

@Darth Dingbat

Master Trollwalker strikes back!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:16 pm

@Jakku wrote:AD talked - again - about how two opposing sides can be completely sure they're right. Kylo is clearly committed to one cause, and presumably sees Luke (and Leia and Han) as being on the wrong side, for the wrong reasons.  I don't think the death of Han will have changed that conviction.  What it's done - I think - is make him even more unsure that he's got enough in the tank to complete his mission.

If he feels that it's going to take more than he's got.......well, look who turned up, right on time!  A potentially powerful Force user, completely untrained!  No wonder he suggested teaching her. He thinks she was sent by his grandfather, in answer to prayer...
@Jakku

More than likely this will be their relationship/his motivation in VIII. Ha, extra irony if the Kenobi theory pans out, look who got sent to him.

As for not living, they have to circle back at some point about whatever hold/threat Snoke has over him because Han knows what it is and very explicitly warns him against it. And it's there in the director's DVD comments track that part of why he goes ahead with Snoke's orders to kill Han is to prove himself after the very clear "I can't trust this kid" moment in the staff meeting from Hell with Hux. He's desperate enough to ignore his own emotions/morality and do it, which he immediately knows it won't change things/just causes both him and his mother grief and pain. So yeah, he's going to be even more desperate to secure Rey at his side. Which likely will backfire in a way none of the characters expect (but which will make something pretty entertaining to watch if they do justice to the idea).

Also because of Han's warning, there has to be some kind of spiritual or existential threat to him which could be like the cliffhanger for VIII. Like if he decides to go through with the risk of being crushed in order to carry out whatever his "mission" turns out to be. Or likely if things have reached a point where he decides to sacrifice himself in order to both carrying out this goal and protect Rey from Snoke. The latter seems pretty damn likely, including that she'd probably go after/intend to rescue him and set up the final chapter.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 2:18 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth Dingbat

@WhatGirl

@Darth Dingbat

Master Trollwalker strikes back!
@Darth_Awakened

We must remember that he is Luke... but also the Joker. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:08 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@panki wrote:

@Magnolia_3.0

@panki

@WhatGirl

I kind of love that idea. In my headcanon, Ben never wanted to be a Jedi, and in some ways, regarded his Force powers as a curse (at least, initially), and wanted to be a pilot/racer/smuggler like his father. I'd actually love some sort of a plot development where we got to see that side of him for a bit.
@ISeeAnIsland

I have to say that I also have a lot of headcanons of him being force dampened as well where he can focus his energies on some other talent or interest that he never could with the force because the destiny of being a force sensitive Skywalker was too heavy.  For some odd reason I always think of him doing something artistic because I think force or no force he is still rather different from his parents in that he seems to be a pretty sensitive guy.  At the same time I see him more as a David Fincher artist than some peaceful Chopin type ... because come on, he is Han and Leia's kid, lol.  He's going to like ordering people around, lol.  But I do like the Han and Leia similarities.  I mean they are already there, and I hope that they emphasize his likeness to his parents more and more. Maybe let's just make him into a Galactic Howard Hughes (sans the OCD): pilot, designer, innovator, leader, movie producer, legend ... all without the force. Very Happy  I swear this character never ceases to amaze me.  He can go in so many directions.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:11 pm

We might have some exclusive first look at episode 8, coming soon at PopCultureQuest according to their tweets Pop corn Pop corn Pop corn
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:16 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@panki wrote:

@Magnolia_3.0

@panki

@WhatGirl

@ISeeAnIsland

I have to say that I also have a lot of headcanons of him being force dampened as well where he can focus his energies on some other talent or interest that he never could with the force because the destiny of being a force sensitive Skywalker was too heavy.  For some odd reason I always think of him doing something artistic because I think force or no force he is still rather different from his parents in that he seems to be a pretty sensitive guy.  At the same time I see him more as a David Fincher artist than some peaceful Chopin type ... because come on, he is Han and Leia's kid, lol.  He's going to like ordering people around, lol.  But I do like the Han and Leia similarities.  I mean they are already there, and I hope that they emphasize his likeness to his parents more and more. Maybe let's just make him into a Galactic Howard Hughes (sans the OCD): pilot, designer, innovator, leader, movie producer, legend ... all without the force. Very Happy  I swear this character never ceases to amaze me.  He can go in so many directions.
@SoloSideCousin

And let's not forget his interest in historical research!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 3:29 pm

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed that R1 already used the "hot date at Imperial archives = UST" story line.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum