ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Irina de France on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:08 pm

I'm sorry, I'm just...

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Eating-Popcorn-Soda

Vulnerable warlord is just the cherry on the cake.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:11 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 J7z3E3q

Okay, okay, slow down. You mean Kylo became weakened and even more conflicted after killing his Dad?

Well mark me down as totally shocked.

NOT

@MyOnlyHope

I love that part. I am so tired of people who see him as Super Dark Lord after killing Han. Were they actually wearing sunglasses instead of 3D glasses? Thank you LF for putting it in writing. If that does not spell out redemption... I do wonder now if they will promote him as super villain for TLJ. I was always convinced they would, but them setting the record straight on his conflicts being still there and him being "more lost than ever" makes me really wonder how they will promote him now. D*** I can't wait for this first trailer and for the TLJ panel(s) at the Convention.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:13 pm

When Lucasfilm copies your hobby thoughts/analyses/metas for official content:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Latest?cb=20131030215017
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

but I thought Kylo was just evil and Rey/Kylo are cousins? Razz
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:19 pm

Okay, okay, slow down. You mean Kylo became weakened and even more conflicted after killing his Dad?

NOT

@MyOnlyHope

I was JUST about to post this. Can we tattoo this on the forehead of every fanboy and anti who keeps going "b-but Kylo is EVILER now because he killed Han! He's totally in control and evil and committed to the dark side after that!"

Saying it was in the script didn't seem to be enough for those people. Now it's reiterated even stronger on the official site. Now what, antis?

But seriously, this official commentary says literally everything Reylos say about Kylo that make people scream at us for the dreaded, unforgivable fandom crime of "woobifying" him. It just kills me that our interpretations are validated at EVERY TURN!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:

NOT

@MyOnlyHope

I love that part. I am so tired of people who see him as Super Dark Lord after killing Han. Were they actually wearing sunglasses instead of 3D glasses? Thank you LF for putting it in writing. If that does not spell out redemption... I do wonder now if they will promote him as super villain for TLJ. I was always convinced they would, but them setting the record straight on his conflicts being still there and him being "more lost than ever" makes me really wonder how they will promote him now. D*** I can't wait for this first  trailer and for the TLJ panel(s) at the Convention.
@SanghaRen

Yes, exactly! The fact some people persisted in saying that Kylo was empowered, "eviler" and "darker" after killing Han always infuriated me. I'm sooo glad to see it confirmed in official writing what we all knew: that killing Han weakened Kylo. That doesn't spell out two-dimensional dark lord rising to me.

I think TLJ marketing for Kylo could portray him as a mysterious and dangerous entity. We don't know what he'll be like after his training and I could see LF wanting to keep up the mystery. I still think he'll be portrayed as menancing the first time we see him though.

Last edited by Kessel89 on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm

Guys it's John Williams' 85th birthday today!!!!!!

cheers cheers Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday Happy birthday

Fingers crossed for the most beautiful and epic Reylo theme!!!!
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm

'More lost than ever now.' Is my favorite bit from that. It tells me everything I need to know about where they are taking this character.

Wow, it didn't cement his fall to the dark side? Someone tell the fanboys.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:27 pm

@Kessel89

I don't see them marketing Kylo any differently than they did in TFA. Let the general audience keep thinking he's the "big bad". I think it'll make any character development for him more compelling because it's not what they expected going into the movie. Also, I think he will get worse before he gets better so, if anything, they'll market towards what his character might be like in the first act after being defeated by Rey.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:28 pm

@Helix wrote:'More lost than ever now.' Is my favorite bit from that. It tells me everything I need to know about where they are taking this character.

Wow, it didn't cement his fall to the dark side? Someone tell the fanboys.
@Helix

But that's not what Kylo wants!!! And if that's not what Kylo wants, then that's not where the story is going!!! (Stomps feet and slashes up her living room with a plastic crossguard lightsaber).
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kassadin on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:28 pm

This day is fantastic! Antis right now:
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Loadin10

Should we have a party? This is big news!
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Doctor10
kassadin
kassadin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm

Today is such a good reylo day!!! Kylo is suchh a romanticc   I love you I love you bounce
A handsome lost boy thinking about his mysterious intertwined destiny with a beautiful bad*** ugh will be the greatest love story of all time folks.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm

LOL Lucasfilm, just admit you stalk the Reylo tag on tumblr, ok?
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:32 pm

"He sensed his destiny and Rey's were somehow entertwined."

Yeah, because that's how COUSINS feel about each other Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

@Mana wrote:LOL Lucasfilm, just admit you stalk the Reylo tag on tumblr, ok?
@Mana

Or this board, for that matter. You'd think we were the ones writing this story... Laughing

(Waves to Kathleen Kennedy...)
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

@vaderito wrote:well, this is exploding all over Tumblr. Apparently, from the official SW site:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 5Q1hrSV

if "mysterious connection" and that image are supposed to depict/hint at cousins, someone's doing a piss-poor job.
@vaderito

OMG what when how why I just can't first Judi Dench mentioning the R word and now the sw site choosing that photo. Dumb question but I thought the connection between them was already something established by the movie itself and by things like "she found herself drawn to...'you'"? But if not I'm definetely happy that they made it official. I mean the scene that some people always label as abuse etc. is the scene that binds them forever. Kylo removes his mask for her, looks like a prince, fully awakens her powers, they see each other's most intimate feelings and vulnerabilities, and again at the end of the movie. It lays the foundations for how their future interactions and relationship will go.
And as always they made sure to stick the word "friendship" to Rey and Finn interactions, in case tfa didn't make it clear already lol.
Re: Rey being a Skywalker my opinion is probably biased because I've never believed her to be related to Luke or Leia, but it still leaves me flabbergasted that someone can look at the Reylo scenes or at things like Erik Maell's "The abduction" art and think "Yep, they're cousins". How???
Everytime there's a Reylo news my first thought always goes to the scene of Palpatine saying "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen" and it's definetely a good feeling Cool

Last edited by Hasi on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:39 pm

it still leaves me flabbergasted that someone can look at the Reylo scenes or at Erik Maell's "The abduction" art and think "Yep, they're cousins". How???
@Hasi

The Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief, postulates a series of emotions experienced by terminally ill Star Wars theories prior to their deaths, wherein the five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm

@vaderito wrote:
it still leaves me flabbergasted that someone can look at the Reylo scenes or at Erik Maell's "The abduction" art and think "Yep, they're cousins". How???
@Hasi

The Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief, postulates a series of emotions experienced by terminally ill Star Wars theories prior to their deaths, wherein the five stages are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
@vaderito

I loled.

Some people are CRAZY about these things on tumblr.

"Oh, the strange connection just means they are related."

All right. Rolling Eyes
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:42 pm

@nemapasara wrote:@Kessel89

I don't see them marketing Kylo any differently than they did in TFA. Let the general audience keep thinking he's the "big bad". I think it'll make any character development for him more compelling because it's not what they expected going into the movie. Also, I think he will get worse before he gets better so, if anything, they'll market towards what his character might be like in the first act after being defeated by Rey.
@nemapasara

They could or they could not. I am just really surprised by this move. Sure, the GA will not look into the website but then in my experience it's not the GA that is firmly convinced of Kylo being Vader 2.0 but only a certain faction of the fandom. And it's the fandom Lucasfilm is targeting when updating their website. I was expecting them to merrily let the different factions of the fandom fight it out until December. So why are they setting the record straight now? Why?? Was it always the plan to update this way (because heck, it's actually what's in the movie) and they are not even aware of the fans fighting? Or do they have something planned and needed to set the record straight? Or am I just overanalyzing? I wish I were a mouse in LF's marketing meetings. Let's say that I am intrigued now and can't wait for the first promotional stuff to come out.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:46 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:

@nemapasara

They could or they could not. I am just really surprised by this move. Sure, the GA will not look into the website but then in my experience it's not the GA that is firmly convinced of Kylo being Vader 2.0 but only a certain faction of the fandom. And it's the fandom Lucasfilm is targeting when updating their website. I was expecting them to merrily let the different factions of the fandom fight it out until December. So why are they setting the record straight now? Why?? Was it always the plan to update this way (because heck, it's actually what's in the movie) and they are not even aware of the fans fighting? Or do they have something planned and needed to set the record straight? Or am I just overanalyzing? I wish I were a mouse in LF's marketing meetings.
@SanghaRen

As much as I love TFA, I think the movie suffered a lot in the post-production. Lots of fundamental scenes being removed (the compassion scene), lots of scenes being done again (Rey & Finn, for example), everything edited to make the story fast-paced, etc.

With that, a lot of crutial plot points were missed by the fans (and the GA), especially Kylo Ren's pain and weakness after killing Han and Kylo Ren/Rey's connection. These things are the core of the new trilogy, and I think they wanted to set them straight and prepare the audience for what's coming.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:49 pm

@snufkin wrote:Oh it's a strange connection, alright. Between long lost cousins.

If they did end up going that route, I would just think of the ST as Arrested Development in Space and those two as George Michael and Maeby and laugh my a** off.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-31092-1369081284-6

@snufkin

Cousins and siblings are the most common connections one can have lol..no strangeness there...
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:53 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

@nemapasara

They could or they could not. I am just really surprised by this move. Sure, the GA will not look into the website but then in my experience it's not the GA that is firmly convinced of Kylo being Vader 2.0 but only a certain faction of the fandom. And it's the fandom Lucasfilm is targeting when updating their website. I was expecting them to merrily let the different factions of the fandom fight it out until December. So why are they setting the record straight now? Why?? Was it always the plan to update this way (because heck, it's actually what's in the movie) and they are not even aware of the fans fighting? Or do they have something planned and needed to set the record straight? Or am I just overanalyzing? I wish I were a mouse in LF's marketing meetings.
@SanghaRen

As much as I love TFA, I think the movie suffered a lot in the post-production. Lots of fundamental scenes being removed (the compassion scene), lots of scenes being done again (Rey & Finn, for example), everything edit to make the story more fast-paced, etc.

With that, a lot of crutial plot points were missed by the fans (and the GA), especially Kylo Ren's pain and weakness after killing Han and Kylo Ren/Rey connection. These things are the core of the new trilogy, and I think they wanted to set these things straight and prepare the audience for what's coming.

@Piper Maru

I liked that they tried to go with a show and not tell approach but I agree. I think there were some things were left too vague. I'm actually really disappointed that they didn't include the compassion line OR the deleted scene with Kylo in the Millennium Falcon. Two moments that would've fleshed out Kylo's character more in the perspective of the general audience. A part of me hopes that they wanted to push it back for TLJ because it would focus more on Kylo's backstory and motive. I think we could see a variation of the compassion line with Kylo and Snoke at the beginning of the movie and I'm also really hoping they wanted to save Kylo being on the Falcon for when Rey's there to witness his turmoil.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 4:56 pm

OMG! Me coming back from the theater and reading all the posts I have missed meanwhile:
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 20 Raw_112
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:00 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Hasi

@vaderito

Ahahaha yes at this point that's the only logical explanation I can imagine. Slowly but surely they will see the light, unless they keep ignoring things just because they don't suit the vision they have of the movie and they can't admit to themselves that they are wrong.
For the trailer I'm expecting them to show eviler Kylo too, even if things will obviously go in a different way...of course a certain part of the fandom will immediately say "See? He's a monster Rey will kill him etc. etc." and from this pov I sort of envy them because the next two movies will completely surprise them.

@Rogue Rey wrote:

Fingers crossed for the most beautiful and epic Reylo theme!!!!
@Rogue Rey

Happy birthday to John Williams! I think he will do an amazing job with a Reylo theme, like always. I just love that Rey and Kylo themes in tfa are already connected, no less than with notes from "Across the stars" too I love you

Last edited by Hasi on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:05 pm

This day gets better and better Smile
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum