ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:36 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:I don't think the MSW team are misogynistic or gatekeepers in the sw fandom at all. We might not agree with them on every point, but Jason and co really are very progressive. Sal's daughter has a podcast focused on Rebels and shipping which he likes to tout on ntip, they have female guests quite frequently and of course, Jason's wife has her own podcast on the network with a feminist angle. Just because people don't see 'reylo' right now, that doesn't make them the enemy.
@BastilaBey

His wife hates us with all her heart. But I stop now.
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:41 pm

MSW is going to protect their sources first, slap on the wrist or not. So don't expect an influx of spoilers if the time isn't right just because of Media Pass denial. In the long run, it pays off to keep sources undetected than jeopardize them for some petty vendetta.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:43 pm

WhatGirl wrote:I get the feeling that the scenes we want to hear about most were filmed on the secret set.

The trailers for TLJ will be very telling - not for what they show, but for what they don't show.
@WhatGirl

Definitely. And the most important thing is that we're not getting the dialogue via spoilers.
The shooting script Jason posted months before TFA, had the 90% of the scenes from the movie - with zero dialogue.

(to the point that my first reaction to it was: WTF! I'am not going to watch that piece of sith! lol)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:54 pm

I think that Croatian hackers were right. Does anyone remember everything that was spotted on their site before removal?

Which Reddit commentor? I want to go through his posts. There was another, similar one that even made a list of all Reddit fakers and than he deleted his account.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:58 pm

@vaderito wrote:I think that Croatian hackers were right. Does anyone remember everything that was spotted on their site before removal?

Which Reddit commentor? I want to go through his posts. There was another, similar one that even made a list of all Reddit fakers and than he deleted his account.
@vaderito

The only thing that I recall (that was translated and posted elsewhere) was that at the end of the movie "Kylo does something against the First Order" or something like that.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:00 pm

@BastilaBey wrote:I don't think the MSW team are misogynistic or gatekeepers in the sw fandom at all. We might not agree with them on every point, but Jason and co really are very progressive. Sal's daughter has a podcast focused on Rebels and shipping which he likes to tout on ntip, they have female guests quite frequently and of course, Jason's wife has her own podcast on the network with a feminist angle. Just because people don't see 'reylo' right now, that doesn't make them the enemy.
@BastilaBey

I don't think they are my enemy, I have no dog in this fight. But I have a right to an opinion as a grown, educated, independent business woman and life long star wars fan. I actually listened to their shows at the beginning of the year, my impression was that they where gate keeping and pandering to their base... which is a correct thing to do in the business that they are in, especially if the blog is the family business. I don't have any problem with that, but I don't have to play nice and pretend I don't hear what I hear... and censor my opinion be it wrong or right.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:01 pm

I thought we archived all of this stuff. Did you archive Croatian hack in the thread, @vaderito?

Anyway all this drama with Jason and Disney/LF is Pop corn
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:07 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I think that Croatian hackers were right. Does anyone remember everything that was spotted on their site before removal?

@vaderito

The only thing that I recall (that was translated and posted elsewhere) was that at the end of the movie "Kylo does something against the First Order" or something like that.
@ISeeAnIsland

Only thing I could find is the conversation between Forsythia and me way back in May.

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Guys, I can not access Tumblr now:
Could someone open this link : bonkai-diaries.tumblr.com/.../some-info-about-kylo-ren-actually-.
and write the whole sentence over here:

Anonymous said: Some info about kylo ren actually got leaked during march by a group of croatian hackers... It stayed online for only 10-20 min in croatian ...

croatian what?
@Darth_Awakened

It says: "Some info about kylo ren actually got leaked during march by a group of croatian hackers... It stayed online for only 10-20 min in croatian before the whole website got shut down. Much details are lost and judging by the looks of it the ones responsible for the leak have been tracked down and arrested. Not much is known about the info but the few people who have read it confirm that a part in the final act describes kylo doing smth really crazy and mindblowing against the first order. That's it. "
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:21 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

Only thing I could find is the conversation between Forsythia  and me way back in May.

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
Guys, I can not access Tumblr now:
Could someone open this link : bonkai-diaries.tumblr.com/.../some-info-about-kylo-ren-actually-.
and write the whole sentence over here:

Anonymous said: Some info about kylo ren actually got leaked during march by a group of croatian hackers... It stayed online for only 10-20 min in croatian ...

croatian what?
@Darth_Awakened

It says: "Some info about kylo ren actually got leaked during march by a group of croatian hackers... It stayed online for only 10-20 min in croatian before the whole website got shut down. Much details are lost and judging by the looks of it the ones responsible for the leak have been tracked down and arrested. Not much is known about the info but the few people who have read it confirm that a part in the final act describes kylo doing smth really crazy and mindblowing against the first order. That's it. "
@Darth_Awakened

Guys, this is real. I have a good feeling about this. It makes total sense because how else do you end Episode VIII? With him going back like nothing happened? There's a reason why confrontation between Kylo and Luke and Kylo and Rey and Kylo and two of them is happening in Episode VIII, not in Episode IX. It's a transition to something, it isn't the finale. So they have to end TLJ in a way that will blow minds in a way that's different and unexpected.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

I don't remember this at all. I must've missed it when this happened in May. Why didn't we screen cap and archive? >_<
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:30 pm

I archived it now. I think it wasn't archieved because it isn't OP. If someone took hacker screen than yes.

Could bonkers thing against FO be Renperor?  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:32 pm

It seems that it happened in March.

I first heard of it in May. Via the Tumblr account mentioned above. It seems it was in Croatian. And that it was up for only 20 minutes.

Must admit that I still think it's a myth. lol
There was no word in croatian press at all - and what's more important there was no word on Croatian hackers being arrested as well.
If anything that would have been a news - at least over here in Croatia.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:41 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:It seems that it happened in March.

I first heard of it in May. Via the Tumblr account mentioned above. It seems it was in Croatian. And that it was up for only 20 minutes.

Must admit that I still think it's a myth. lol
There was no word in croatian press at all - and what's more important there was no word on Croatian hackers being arrested as well.
If anything that would have been a news - at least over here in Croatia.
@Darth_Awakened

Maybe they weren't arrested?  Very Happy C'mon Croatian Hackers, repost that hack again!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:42 pm

Regardless of the hacker bit being true, I could see something like that happening as a big shocker at the end. It would probably surprise many people since in TFA Kylo is pretty loyal to Snoke and the FO ( even if he obviously has his own secret plans and ambitions ).
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:52 pm

Since everyone expects the twist/shocker/whatever to be another familial reveal, odds are that the twist/shocker/whatever is going to be something unexpected or it wouldn't be a twist/shocker. You can't expect those things. They either have an element of surprise or they are not that.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 1:58 pm

Then we shouldn't expect a surprise at all. Razz The surprise won't be a surprise at all since we'll know there will be one. Laughing Maybe the surprise is that there won't be one.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:00 pm

I would love for Kylo to betray the first order and then be on the run....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:05 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:I would love for Kylo to betray the first order and then be on the run....
@Birdwoman

It would be a good way to show him changing and a shocker for those expecting a more evil Kylo. I'd prefer that than a sudden betrayal in 9.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:17 pm

Some of the belief that Rey "must" be Luke's kid and that the big reveal will be his paternity/evil cousin dumped her on Jakku belief is predicated on the expectation that TLJ will copy the beats of ESB faithfully. Because TFA did that with the first movie. Which overlooks that TFA's already mined the major beats of ESB, both the conflict with the big bad and the central love story. It also overlooks that the big reveal of ESB isn't simply the reveal of a familial relation between the good guy and the bad guy. It's that bad guy is somebody whose personal desires/agenda are in conflict with the Master he serves and comes to a head over their complicated/emotional relationship with their antagonist. We've already seen that happen with Kylo, especially in trying to get Rey to join him with an appeal that was far more emotional than strategic. The crawl text and introductory scenes will play on the audience's expectations that he's going to be more evil and ruthless (especially in comparison to ESB), but the big shock will come from filling out the full details of the character. Including how he ended up making the choice to defect, how he was betrayed by people he trusted and in turn betrayed them, his true situation in relation to the Big Bad, and both his personal agenda/personal feelings for the heroine. And if he does some crazy s**t at the end, it's not that he's suddenly going to become a good guy or join the Resistance. It may even turn out that he's the only person Rey can trust.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:19 pm

Kylo turning against the First Order, probably caused by them landing Space Mama in a coma. Wasn't that a topic of discussion months ago?
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:21 pm

Him suddenly being a good guy would be poor writing, but it could potential something like that up.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:28 pm

Potential turncoat shocker in TLJ doesn't make him a good guy. It makes him a turncoat. It would be interesting to see what happens next because that's the meaty story. They haven't done that before in the movies. A really bad guy with really bad baggage switches sides and now what?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm

@Helix wrote:Him suddenly being a good guy would be poor writing, but it could potential something like that up.
@Helix

Yep, didn't the discussion revolve around him going Ronin due to said potential event?
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Helix wrote:Him suddenly being a good guy would be poor writing, but it could potential something like that up.
@Helix

Yep, didn't the discussion revolve around him going Ronin due to said potential event?
@MeadowofAshes

Fingers crossed with all the references to 3 Outlaw Samerai, 7 Samurai, and Kurosawa films. Not to mention Kasdan mentioning Kurosawa twice in his TFA press comments, including in reference to Han's character arc (and the man owns that character). My own personal wish for a Ronin scenario aside, it'd be revealing who he actually is and what he's been up to as part of his make a bargain with the Devil situation. And how Rey fits into it as somebody who's his equal in Force powers but also outside of the FO/Resistance framework. And how whatever happens to the two of them Ache-to (with the further mentions of Letter Never Sent, Bridge on the River Kwai, and Raiders) becomes a personal/emotional entanglement which ends up drving their relationship.

As for Leia :(. From the rumors  I had thought maybe that was a tip back to the PT (which RJ is a fan of) while allowing Carrie Fisher to stay close by while writing her book, provide her input to the movie, and prevent people from figuring out how big/small her screentime actually was going to be.

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Helix

@MeadowofAshes

It would give him good reason to hate and rethink his affiliation with the FO. Doesn't mean he's going 100% good ( don't think anyone is expecting that ), but it could lead to an enemy of my enemy thing at first.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum