ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 20 Feb - 20:38

@snufkin wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Someone translate Penelope please!!

Did she ask about REYLO??!?!!@?@!@!

(jk, I know it was something about Snoke! tongue )
@Xylo Ren

"Do you know who Snoke really is?"

Best part of these videos, especially with the last one, is that it turns into a goof on Murder of the Orient Express. Except instead of Poirot questioning the passengers to determine the murderer, you get her costar trying to solve the myster of spoilers.

Also man, Chris Pratt the movie star is so boring in comparison to Chris Pratt as he was on Parks and Recreation. That guy was funny, this guy is just one of the many movie Chris's.
@snufkin

I couldn't agree more about Chris Pratt. I thought he was cuter as Andy Dwyer (with the dad bod) than as Movie Star Chris Pratt.

Overall, I've thought that the whole series of videos was pretty clever, and I do really love the concept of them spoofing MOTOE with them.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 20 Feb - 21:25

@Xylo Ren

She also asked:

"What's the real size of Supreme Leader Snoke" Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 20 Feb - 21:33

@snufkin wrote:@vaderito - not that Trudeau isn't a good guy, just as an American I find it hysterical that everybody here knows who he is versus drawing a blank if you asked them who Stephen Harper is. People tend to pay attention more to a pretty face.  And I do think Oscar Isaac and Riz Ahmed's potential to date has been squandered by the movies they've been in. It's more a bit of stunt casting because they're both so good/respected and for their part, it's pure childhood nostalgia getting to participate.

Riz Ahmed shines like a star though! Razz

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Tumblr_oj46acgEsM1qezp3zo6_r1_400ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Tumblr_oj46acgEsM1qezp3zo7_r1_400

And Trudeau is a literally real life Disney prince, it's basically mandatory to drool over him and his magic kingdom of Canada.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 16807789_753342818173311_5656744294543356833_n

Hell, if he decides to grow his hair into Kylo Ren length I'm a goner. Embarassed

@Xylo Ren wrote:Aaaaaand it's up!

She drops some MAJOR SPOILERS!

(not)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQu_qmjBh-S/

youtube version:

Spoilers:

I died of laughter when Abrams showed up. xDD
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 20 Feb - 22:04

Wait..Penelope Cruz asked about Reylo?!?!?!?!?!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 20 Feb - 22:06

@Mana wrote:Wait..Penelope Cruz asked about Reylo?!?!?!?!?!
@Mana

Nope, she asked about Snoke.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 20 Feb - 22:16

@Mana wrote:Wait..Penelope Cruz asked about Reylo?!?!?!?!?!
@Mana

Judi Dench asked about Reylo (in the previous video, not the one posted today).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Mon 20 Feb - 22:32

With all the similarities, I thought it was cute that Emma had a Rey-esque hairstyle at the BatB press conference

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 2017-010
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 20 Feb - 22:40

I love how Penelope Cruz pronounces Snoke in the video: snook. Man, I need to brush up my Spanish - I understood what she says but it's speaking that is the problem for me. Beautiful language especially when it's Penelope speaking it.

@Rimfaxe96: Riz Ahmed has a sweet cuteness to him. I can't say it enough but Bodhi is the only character I connected to in Rogue One and it's really due to his performance. He brings a lot of realism to his character.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Mon 20 Feb - 22:52

And director for ep. 9 Colin Trevorrow is in the video  "anything you could tell us would be helpfull"
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 20 Feb - 23:01

@Blood Moon wrote:And director for ep. 9 Colin Trevorrow is in the video  "anything you could tell us would be helpfull"
@Blood Moon

That was him?! Hahaha. 

And who was that other guy who didn't talk at all?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 20 Feb - 23:05

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Blood Moon wrote:And director for ep. 9 Colin Trevorrow is in the video  "anything you could tell us would be helpfull"
@Blood Moon

That was him?! Hahaha. 

And who was that other guy who didn't talk at all?
@Rei of Sunshine

I was also looking at the guy thinking he looks familiar, but could not figure out who he was. We are some SW fans, not even recognizing episode IX's director... Laughing. Nice that both former and future directors are playing the game. So when do we get Rian, Adam, Mark, John and Oscar? And Chewie! It's getting addictive.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon on Mon 20 Feb - 23:15

Oke searched online, maybe Derek Connolly, screenwriter Jurassic World.. I didn't recognized Colin myself hahaha just saw his name in there.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 20 Feb - 23:16

@nemapasara wrote:With all the similarities, I thought it was cute that Emma had a Rey-esque hairstyle at the BatB press conference

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 2017-010
@nemapasara

Wow! That dress is even a little Star Warsy. Lol! She looks really nice. EW always dresses well.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 20 Feb - 23:23

@Blood Moon wrote:Oke searched online, maybe Derek Connolly, screenwriter Jurassic World.. I didn't recognized Colin myself hahaha just saw his name in there.
@Blood Moon

Yup, that appears to be Derek Connolly. He's Colin's writing partner.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 20 Feb - 23:53

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@Xylo Ren

"Do you know who Snoke really is?"

Best part of these videos, especially with the last one, is that it turns into a goof on Murder of the Orient Express. Except instead of Poirot questioning the passengers to determine the murderer, you get her costar trying to solve the myster of spoilers.

Also man, Chris Pratt the movie star is so boring in comparison to Chris Pratt as he was on Parks and Recreation. That guy was funny, this guy is just one of the many movie Chris's.
@snufkin

I couldn't agree more about Chris Pratt. I thought he was cuter as Andy Dwyer (with the dad bod) than as Movie Star Chris Pratt.

Overall, I've thought that the whole series of videos was pretty clever, and I do really love the concept of them spoofing MOTOE with them.
@ISeeAnIsland

I would rather see a movie about Burt Macklin and Janet Snakehole than any of the blockbusters he's appearing in.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Feb - 7:06

Nice to see this versus the usual complaints that R1 is a better movie than TFA or "JJ sucks." Sums up perfectly what made TFA special

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Screen11
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 21 Feb - 7:17

@snufkin

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Raw

Go Ben Ten Solo! You're 100% correct.

I don't claim to speak for anyone else but yes, the characters and relationships, not the plot, was what made TFA special to me and why I'm still obsessed with it a year later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 21 Feb - 7:19

@snufkin wrote:Nice to see this versus the usual complaints that R1 is a better movie than TFA or "JJ sucks." Sums up perfectly what made TFA special

@snufkin

In brief: It seems that KK and the entire Disney/LF did pull the best from JJ.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 21 Feb - 7:20

I see R1 lover/TFA haters always going 'TFA had good characters?' Yes, it does. That's why people latched onto them. TFA is a fun movie, with great characters, a whimsical adventure while also having high stakes. The charisma of the actors really sells you on them, even BB-8, who is just a puppet/CGI model. I love seeing them and how they interact with the old crew.

The movie is dark and it still manages to have these great fun characters and moments of light hearted fun. I connected to them and I want to see their story and how the plot will change them more than just knowing what the full scope of the plot is.

I wonder if TFA will end up being more beloved in the future after we have a ton more SW films.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Feb - 7:29

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@snufkin

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9 - Page 37 Raw

Go Ben Ten Solo! You're 100% correct.

I don't claim to speak for anyone else but yes, the characters and relationships, not the plot, was what made TFA special to me and why I'm still obsessed with it a year later.
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Nice to see this versus the usual complaints that R1 is a better movie than TFA or "JJ sucks." Sums up perfectly what made TFA special

@snufkin

In brief: It seems that KK and the entire Disney/LF did pull the best from JJ.

@AppleCrumble122 and @Darth_Awakened

I agree with the both of you! And I think a big credit for the characters and story also has to go to Lawrence "Wrote the definitive version of the OT characters" Kasdan and Carrie "Make the women smarter and the love scenes better.” Fisher. But as a fan of JJ's first series about a young woman and the people around her trying to find out who they are and their place in the world, Felicity, that's a major part of why I got engaged from the first viewing. Further, despite the moaning of heartbroken fanboys, this is really 2nd to ESB for the best portrayal of Han, showing him struggling both with his own demons/worst instincts and finally deciding what type of man he's going to be.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Feb - 7:34

@Helix wrote:I see R1 lover/TFA haters always going 'TFA had good characters?' Yes, it does. That's why people latched onto them. TFA is a fun movie, with great characters, a whimsical adventure while also having high stakes. The charisma of the actors really sells you on them, even BB-8, who is just a puppet/CGI model. I love seeing them and how they interact with the old crew.

The movie is dark and it still manages to have these great fun characters and moments of light hearted fun. I connected to them and I want to see their story and how the plot will change them more than just knowing what the full scope of the plot is.

I wonder if TFA will end up being more beloved in the future after we have a ton more SW films.
@Helix

That's a perfect executive summary of why it's a great movie. Maybe not great as in it'll be in the Criterion Collection or get less than sneering comments from fanboy purists. But it's both well written/characterized and also manages to be hugely enjoyable. I was obsessed with the OT and science fiction as a kid, but as I got older, I got obsessed with other things and moved on with my life. So I had zero expectations going in and was floored at how it managed to hook me in. I still feel like I started reading a book on a whim and as the story picked up and I got sucked in, you turn the last page and realize you have to wait for the author to write the next volume.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 21 Feb - 7:35

Fanboys would rather disparage the movie for apparently being a 'soulless Hollywood rehash' than see the things that make the movie so special. I find their tastes rather ironic, to be honest.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Feb - 7:48

@Helix wrote:Fanboys would rather disparage the movie for apparently being a 'soulless Hollywood rehash' than see the things that make the movie so special. I find their tastes rather ironic, to be honest.

@Helix

There's a certain line that a lot of people hit where they cross over from being enthusiastic and enjoying something to being a pedantic joyless pain in the a**. Certainly saw a lot of it when I was more into collecting records and going to shows or trying to get as many stamps in my passport (the obsessions which replaced my interest in Star Wars/science fiction). I'm pretty sure what makes this place special is that besides being predominantly female, is that we can talk about these movies and anything from classic movies to comic strips to soap operas in the context of Star Wars and the general reaction is "right on!" instead of being snobby about it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 21 Feb - 7:53

@snufkin wrote:

@Helix

There's a certain line that a lot of people hit where they cross over from being enthusiastic and enjoying something to being a pedantic joyless pain in the a**. Certainly saw a lot of it when I was more into collecting records and going to shows or trying to get as many stamps in my passport (the obsessions which replaced my interest in Star Wars/science fiction). I'm pretty sure what makes this place special is that besides being predominantly female, is that we can talk about these movies and anything from classic movies to comic strips to soap operas in the context of Star Wars and the general reaction is "right on!" instead of being snobby about it.
@snufkin

The thing that makes it super awful is that those people seem to enjoy it. They love raining on these parades and treat their take as the absolute gospel truth. So many SW sites are filled with these types. If they don't enjoy it anymore, they should perhaps move on and find something that does make them happy.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 21 Feb - 8:01

@Helix wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@Helix

@snufkin

The thing that makes it super awful is that those people seem to enjoy it. They love raining on these parades and treat their take as the absolute gospel truth. So many SW sites are filled with these types. If they don't enjoy it anymore, they should perhaps move on and find something that does make them happy.

@Helix

Ha, well speaking of music they're basically these guys

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum