ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Post by Kessel on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:06 pm

@rey09 wrote:Omggg I loveeee her hair!!! She looks SO much like an elf from LOTR lolll #obsessed
@rey09

Yes, that's what she reminds me of too on the packaging. She looks kinda like Tauriel with a touch of Legolas. Very pretty.

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Post by IoJovi on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:16 pm

Oh my gosh, Ray's hair.  I don't know which I like more - the fact that she's wearing a black undershirt, or that she just looks more....mature.

I love these little leaks and tidbits!  Jumping

Last edited by IoJovi on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:21 pm

Hahaha I love how we're all "damn Rey you look so PRETTY".

She was always beautiful, but in TFA she was adorable as a... kid. I don't know, she was very childlike. Now she looks like a woman.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Why release this now, I wonder? Confus It's not like any of the actual products will be released in a loooong time.
@Darth Dingbat

Wild guess - maybe it has something to do with New York Toy Fair that starts tomorrow?
@Darth_Awakened

That's my guess. I saw that one of the Star Wars people I follow (Jason, I think) retweeted something from a collectibles company (Funko?) that they'd be exhibiting at the toy fair.

My guess is that LF wanted to be first out of the gate with the merch/packaging pics, since it's probably pretty inevitable that we'll get a few leaks from that toy fair.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

People are saying SDCC is where were more likely to see a lot TLJ stuff, but there might be some behind closed door stuff for Press and ect at Toy Fair.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:09 pm

@Hasi wrote:OMG Rey looks beautiful! Those dirty Reylos were also right about the fact that she will wear a different hairstyle as a symbol of her coming of age story. I'm really starting to suspect that some of them are mind controlling JJ, Rian and the rest of tptb to make them film a Reylo version of the next two movies.
Also, she's wearing the same clothes of the photo that showed that new tiny Rey figurine! The grey jacket/vest with the black shirt and the white armbands are definetely the same, and they're completely different from her Ahch-To clothes at the end of tfa, especially the long pants and the boots. Don't remember if it was from Hasbro? Someone said that the figurine's hair were different but it was impossible to see...this photo answers that too. I am sooooo excited!
@Hasi

I agree. It looks like she's wearing the same outfit and hairstyle as she was in that blurry photo of that Hallmark ornament.

Now, in this from-the-shoulders-up view, it looks like she might have her old Jakku wrap thing on as an overlayer. However, from what I recall from what I could make out from the ornament, it almost looked like she could have been wearing a Jedi-style tunic on her top half. And remember from that ornament, she was clearly wearing full-length pants (not capris) that were tucked into a pair of boots that came up almost knee-height.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:15 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I think the main storylines are going to be Rey/Kylo - with Luke in a similar role to Obi Wan in the OT - and Finn/KMT. The others will provide support.
@motherofpearl1

That's what I think too. What people have to remember is it's just marketing, just like it was for TFA. And having Finn, Rey, and Poe on there gives kids from every background and diversity an awesome opportunity to place themselves in the Star Wars world, which I love. The marketing won't give any of the plotline away, just like it didn't do with TFA. LucasFilm is ninja-stealthy when it comes to guarding their secrets and plans. Certain government officials could take a leaf or two out of their book. Wink I was kind of rooting for Rey with her hair blowing in the breeze, but I am sure we will get a bit of that in TLJ.

@RandomObserver

The bit in bold really is it, especially after the original bullshit of not having Rey toys.  This is partially about giving kids toys where they can see themselves, especially as heroes. Used to see it  all the time as an ESL teacher and trying to find materials that reflected my students back to them, that stuff is powerful.

Other thoughts, so maybe somebody teaches her the ways of fabulous hair?? Speaking of which, the SW related Twitter feeds I follow (which all overlap with politics so it's never just SW realted) have include more than a few comments dragging him not appearing on the box. Which sure, not the hero and will be held back for dramatic on screen reveal.  I'm sure most of it is related to the Hasbro business. But I’m about as hardcore feminist and liberal as it comes and I’m always puzzled by the hate against that character as some kind of demonstration of ones political values. Especially when this place has certainly taught me that there are a lot of fans who self identify with him and that’s not because they’re wearing Fedora wearing MRAs. He’s hardly an avatar for real world Internet fascists that a lot of people seem to think that he is.

Certain government officials could take a leaf or two out of their book – having spent my entire childhood and adolescence being told that I had to watch everything I did because one of my parents had security clearance,  that statement made me LOL in agreement

@snufkin

Regarding the bolded: oh my God, yes. I'm so incredibly tired of people seeing Kylo as nothing but a simplistic representation of toxic masculinity. I mean, yes, "toxic masculinity" is at least part of why he's where he is - even RJ's Robert Bly influence attests to that, as Bly was largely focused on healing masculinity. But if I have to see yet another person confidently state that the ST is about a woman and men of colour banding together to symbolically destroy the evil white man, I'm going to scream. I honestly keep seeing iterations of this reading of the trilogy.

Not only is the character a lot more complex than that, not only is he the Solo-Skywalker of the trilogy, and not only is Bly about healing masculinity, not killing it - but it would seem like an incredibly poor business strategy to go for such a simplistic message, considering that the majority of Star Wars fans are still white men, and will likely remain the majority for quite some time.

THANK YOU. You just pinpointed what my main problem is with all this: I do acknowledge that Rey, Finn and Poe are the "heroic trio", but it's the trio of Rey, Finn and Kylo that carry the narrative. I mean, Poe as a main character is a red herring, but I have to admit I'm mildly annoyed that TPTB keeps on with that act, since that only gives some people more fuel to say "See? Poe is a main character! Not Crylo Ren!" and as you said, it's even more annoying when it's SJWs using to push their moral agenda.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:21 pm

Rey's hair!!! I hope she actually has this hair in the movie.
Btw, is it true that making star wars have some Rey and Kylo news??
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:21 pm

Love Rey's new hair and the ferocious expression and that she looks more womanly.

Not to read too much into a piece of merchandising, but while it portrays the heroic trio of characters they're all looking different ways, rather than facing something together. Which is probably reflective of the film with its separate storylines.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:30 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:Hahaha I love how we're all "damn Rey you look so PRETTY".

She was always beautiful, but in TFA she was adorable as a... kid. I don't know, she was very childlike. Now she looks like a woman.
@Piper Maru

Kylo: By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced.
Rey with her hair down: Hi.
Kylo: No that's not fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:49 pm

reylosaur wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Hahaha I love how we're all "damn Rey you look so PRETTY".

@Piper Maru

Kylo: By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced.
Rey with her hair down: Hi.
Kylo: No that's not fair.
@reylosaur

cheers
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:57 pm

@Mana wrote:Rey's hair!!! I hope she actually has this hair in the movie.
Btw, is it true that making star wars have some Rey and Kylo news??
@Mana

I haven't heard anything... where did you hear that, @Mana?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Why release this now, I wonder? Confus It's not like any of the actual products will be released in a loooong time.
@Darth Dingbat

Wild guess - maybe it has something to do with New York Toy Fair that starts tomorrow?
@Darth_Awakened

That's my guess. I saw that one of the Star Wars people I follow (Jason, I think) retweeted something from a collectibles company (Funko?) that they'd be exhibiting at the toy fair.

My guess is that LF wanted to be first out of the gate with the merch/packaging pics, since it's probably pretty inevitable that we'll get a few leaks from that toy fair.
@ISeeAnIsland

When title was released way back in January - I read somewhere the speculation of Disney releasing the title that early only because the mentioned Toy Fair was approaching.
I think it's highly possible we're gonna see some leaked goodies very soon.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:05 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:OMG Rey looks beautiful! Those dirty Reylos were also right about the fact that she will wear a different hairstyle as a symbol of her coming of age story. I'm really starting to suspect that some of them are mind controlling JJ, Rian and the rest of tptb to make them film a Reylo version of the next two movies.
Also, she's wearing the same clothes of the photo that showed that new tiny Rey figurine! The grey jacket/vest with the black shirt and the white armbands are definetely the same, and they're completely different from her Ahch-To clothes at the end of tfa, especially the long pants and the boots. Don't remember if it was from Hasbro? Someone said that the figurine's hair were different but it was impossible to see...this photo answers that too. I am sooooo excited!
@Hasi

I agree. It looks like she's wearing the same outfit and hairstyle as she was in that blurry photo of that Hallmark ornament.

Now, in this from-the-shoulders-up view, it looks like she might have her old Jakku wrap thing on as an overlayer. However, from what I recall from what I could make out from the ornament, it almost looked like she could have been wearing a Jedi-style tunic on her top half. And remember from that ornament, she was clearly wearing full-length pants (not capris) that were tucked into a pair of boots that came up almost knee-height.
@ISeeAnIsland

That's right, the Hallmark ornament! In the new photo Rey's tunic seems grey to me, different from the sand colored one she was wearing on Jakku, and the shirt underneath is black, even if the armbands looks similar.
This was the photo: grey tunic/wrap - check, white armbands - check. It wasn't clear if the dark thing was the tunic's collar or Rey's new hair but the new photo makes it clear that this is the new hairstyle, plastic version. The pants and the boots obviously aren't the same she was sporting in tfa.
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 6 N73id

Last edited by Hasi on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:11 pm

@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

That's right, the Hallmark ornament! In the new photo Rey's tunic seems grey to me, different from the sand colored one she was wearing on Jakku, and the shirt underneath is black, even if the armbands looks similar.
This was the photo: grey tunic/wrap - check, white armbands - check. It wasn't clear if the dark thing was the tunic's collar or Rey's new hair but the new photo makes it clear that this is the new hairstyle, plastic version. The pants and the boots aren't the same she was sporting in tfa.
@Hasi

I was just about to post this pic, but you beat me to it! Yeah, that's definitely not just her Jakku-outfit-with-a-dark-undershirt. If, by chance, that's still her same Jakku wrap overlayer (and I don't think it is), it's gotten dirty/darker, and she's chopped quite a bit of length off of it.
And it's nice to have confirmation that that's her hair, and not the collar of her vest.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:24 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

This was the photo: grey tunic/wrap - check, white armbands - check. It wasn't clear if the dark thing was the tunic's collar or Rey's new hair but the new photo makes it clear that this is the new hairstyle, plastic version. The pants and the boots aren't the same she was sporting in tfa.
@Hasi

I was just about to post this pic, but you beat me to it! Yeah, that's definitely not just her Jakku-outfit-with-a-dark-undershirt. If, by chance, that's still her same Jakku wrap overlayer (and I don't think it is), it's gotten dirty/darker, and she's chopped quite a bit of length off of it.
And it's nice to have confirmation that that's her hair, and not the collar of her vest.
@ISeeAnIsland

That looks almost identical to the picture we see shown on the new box art, blurry vision and all. It's not just a new image of Rey I'm excited about - it's the fact that it's a sign we are getting oh so close to the release...

10 months I know is far away, but over a year ago it was 24 months. There's a lot to be said for that thought... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:34 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

That looks almost identical to the picture we see shown on the new box art, blurry vision and all. It's not just a new image of Rey I'm excited about - it's the fact that it's a sign we are getting oh so close to the release...

10 months I know is far away, but over a year ago it was 24 months. There's a lot to be said for that thought... Laughing
@IoJovi

It also means we're all 14 months closer to death now!

No, wait, that wasn't a good thing. Let me try again:

It also means we've wasted 14 months of our lives obsessing daily over the potential canon status of a fictional relationship!

Er.

I'll get me coat...
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:35 pm

Rey looks so bada**!!!!

I can't believe it, we called that her hair would be let down after her Kylo encounter. She looks so much older, more mature!

What a knock out. Kylo is going to lose his d*mn head when he sees her.

CAN'T WAIT TO BUY ALL THE REY MERCH MY QUEEN CAN SLAY queen
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:40 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

It also means we've wasted 14 months of our lives obsessing daily over the potential canon status of a fictional relationship!

Er.

I'll get me coat...
@Darth Dingbat

We're 43 weeks away from December 15th, 2017 and The Last Jedi! In other words, we're just over one human pregnancy away from Reylo hopefully becoming canon!!! Jumping
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:41 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

Er.

I'll get me coat...
@Darth Dingbat

We're 43 weeks away from December 15th, 2017 and The Last Jedi! In other words, we're just over one human pregnancy away from Reylo hopefully becoming canon!!! Jumping
@ISeeAnIsland

Yay! Quick, one of us get pregnant now so we can collectively name the kid Reylo!
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:44 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

Er.

I'll get me coat...
@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

Yay! Quick, one of us get pregnant now so we can collectively name the kid Reylo!
@Darth Dingbat

LET'S HAVE A FORUM BABY
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:45 pm

@Irina de France wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Hasi

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

Er.

I'll get me coat...
@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

LET'S HAVE A FORUM BABY
@Irina de France

Our Empire needs children!
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:53 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 6 Post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-fjFt

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:54 pm

Hahaha you guys are the best.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 3:55 pm

Lol u guys
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum