ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb - 16:37

Why release this now, I wonder? Confus It's not like any of the actual products will be released in a loooong time.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb - 16:38

@nemapasara wrote:She does look amazing! I'm loving the much darker vibe, it feels like she's evolved (as cheesy as that sounds).
@nemapasara

Yes, she lost the childlike demeanor and looks more mature. Loved her expression as well, she seems ready to kill everyone with that saber lol.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 16 Feb - 16:45

@Piper Maru wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:She does look amazing! I'm loving the much darker vibe, it feels like she's evolved (as cheesy as that sounds).
@nemapasara  

Yes, she lost the childlike demeanor and looks more mature. Loved her expression as well, she seems ready to kill everyone with that saber lol.
@Piper Maru

She definitely looks ready for a fight. 

I wonder what you guys think of Finn's shirt? At first it reminded me of Han's but I can definitely see where people are getting Jedi robes from.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb - 16:49

Rey is wearing her hair down is significant. She wore buns for all her life, and I believe it's explained in Rey's Survival Guide that she kept the same hairstyle hoping that her family would recognize her. What's going to happen?
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 16 Feb - 16:51

Oh, Rey is so beautiful <3
Loving the red strokes on a white background.  cheers

I wonder if most of the merch had Kylo with mask on before, because they wanted to use him on merch while he isn't redeemed. So they went all the way. (Im probably grasping for straws)

Last edited by SkyStar on Thu 16 Feb - 17:20; edited 1 time in total
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 16 Feb - 16:52

Rey's hair partly down!
It confirms MSWs very early reports.

I really think that we're going to get more stuff very soon to chew on!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb - 16:52

They probably don't want to spoil Kylo's facial scar Smile
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb - 16:57

@nemapasara wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@nemapasara  

@Piper Maru

I wonder what you guys think of Finn's shirt? At first it reminded me of Han's but I can definitely see where people are getting Jedi robes from.
@nemapasara

It's probably a standard Resistance shirt. Poe had a similar shirt in a photo from Pinewood, if I remember correctly.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 16 Feb - 17:00

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:
@nemapasara  

@Piper Maru

@nemapasara

It's probably a standard Resistance shirt. Poe had a similar shirt in a photo from Pinewood, if I remember correctly.
@Darth Dingbat

Thanks! I understand why people think it's Jedi robes but I also feel it would've been weird? He doesn't seem to be part of the Force storyline. And there are promotional images of TFA with Poe in a similar shirt (x), so looks like you're right.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 16 Feb - 17:03

I don't know how to feel with the constant marketing of this new "trio". 

I know it's what people want to see, and LFL can't really market Kylo and Rey too much, just the odd movie poster teasers and such, and post movie release toy boxes.

But I think LFL showing this "trio" will probably disapoint people if Rey, Finn and Poe dont really spend significant time together or have developments together. We already know she's spending that development with Kylo and Luke instead.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb - 17:06

They're just playing with people's expectations about Star Wars (three heroes and a villain).

It's obvious that Finn and Poe are going to work with the Resistance and Rey and Kylo will be involved with the Force plot. Obviously, at some point their stories will overlap, but marketing doesn't care about that.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 16 Feb - 17:08

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I don't know how to feel with the constant marketing of this new "trio". 

I know it's what people want to see, and LFL can't really market Kylo and Rey too much, just the odd movie poster teasers and such, and post movie release toy boxes.

But I think LFL showing this "trio" will probably disapoint people if Rey, Finn and Poe dont really spend significant time together or have developments together. We already know she's spending that development with Kylo and Luke instead.
@Rei of Sunshine

Then again, they're all looking in different directions... not that I expect people to read anything into that.

I like Poe but I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of merchandise pushing him as one of the leads of this trilogy when he's clearly not. He got a few minutes of screentime in TFA and never even met Rey (in the film). If he's suddenly promoted to a lead in the future films, it's getting mighty crowded in the main characters department.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 16 Feb - 17:17

But where's my trash son ;_;
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Feb - 17:20

I'm also getting a 'Han Solo' vibe from Finn.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 16 Feb - 17:36

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:I don't know how to feel with the constant marketing of this new "trio". 

@Rei of Sunshine

Then again, they're all looking in different directions... not that I expect people to read anything into that.

I like Poe but I'm not going to lie, I'm not a huge fan of merchandise pushing him as one of the leads of this trilogy when he's clearly not. He got a few minutes of screentime in TFA and never even met Rey (in the film). If he's suddenly promoted to a lead in the future films, it's getting mighty crowded in the main characters department.
@Darth Dingbat

Good catch! As for Kylo, they probably don't want to spoil his facial scar, not to mention he's probably going to have the biggest costume change (new robes, cape, slightly changed helmet etc.)
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Feb - 17:48

I'm really curious as how they are going to present his facial injury. It can't be too bad as to spoil Adam's looks but it must be going to be impressive otherwise why keep a lid on it so to speak?
There was a poster here who speculated Kylo's appearance would 'improve' as his character became a better person - maybe his wounds aren't going to be fully healed at the beginning and might look worse? Personally I think a good twist is that when Reylo does happen Rey will actually find him more appealing with the scar because he's become a better person - not because she hurt him but because his love for her changes him.
I still think his scarring is not so much to punish Kylo as to make Rey feel some sort of guilt - I already saw a glimmer of it inher expression and the way she looks back in TFA.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Feb - 17:49

@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Darth Dingbat

I suspect Poe's a 'red herring' so to speak in order to distract people from that the real 'third person' is going to be Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow on Thu 16 Feb - 17:51

I'm secretly hoping that they will present Kylo's scar like when Belle first met Beast, i.e Show me you face scar
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 16 Feb - 17:52

@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Darth Dingbat

I'm in the minority here bit I feel we didn't get enough of Poe in TFA, especially considering Oscar Isaac is such an outstanding actor....and with the character's comic series doing so well (was initially only supposed to be a 7-comic series and now it is reached the 11th issue and going strong), its obvious he has a large fan following so they'll be silly to just ignore that and relegate his character to the role of sidekick...I'll be happy if he gets more screen time.... going by the rumors, I think there will be three plots-

- Force plot - Rey, Kylo and Luke
- Resistance plot (secret mission #1) - Finn, KMT, Phasma
-Resistance plot (secret mission #2) - Laura Dern, Poe, (Leia?)

On a separate note, I think Finn's shirt is a callback to Han's shirt in ANH.....after all, he sneaks on the DS with Luke and rescues Leia....maybe this is a hint that Finn will sneak on a star destroyer with KMT in episode 8?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 4 Starwarsday1screen

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 16 Feb - 17:56

@panki wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Darth Dingbat

I'm in the minority here bit I feel we didn't get enough of Poe in TFA, especially considering Oscar Isaac is such an outstanding actor....and with the character's comic series doing so well (was initially only supposed to be a 7-comic series and now it is reached the 11th issue and going strong), its obvious he has a large fan following so they'll be silly to just ignore that and relegate his character to the role of sidekick...I'll be happy if he gets more screen time.... going by the rumors, I think there will be three plots-

- Force plot - Rey, Kylo and Luke
- Resistance plot (secret mission #1) - Finn, KMT, Phasma
-Resistance plot (secret mission #2) - Laura Dern, Poe, (Leia?)

On a separate note, I think Finn's shirt is a callback to Han's shirt in ANH.....after all, he sneaks on the DS with Luke and rescues Leia....maybe this is a hint that Finn will sneak on a star destroyer with KMT in episode 8?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 4 Starwarsday1screen
@panki

Agree. I also think that 3 plots are very possible.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 16 Feb - 17:56

I don't think we have to think too much about this 'trio' thing.

Poe/Rey/Finn are the heroes. However, in the NARRATIVE, the story follows Rey, Kylo and Finn.

It's a fact. Poe is a supporting character.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 16 Feb - 17:57

Makingstarwars reported him having a costume change (which I am looking forward to), but also they described a scene of fight, where he is wearing the same outfit etc as in TFA. So what could that be, Rey having a vision similar to Lukes in TESB? I know I should not stress on that, but dunno why it is bothering me. Very Happy

Funny, I was thinking about Tyrion Lannister and his commited patricide that GOT fandom somehow doesn't see as a big deal, while Kylos is unforgivable. Because of course, Tyrions father was a crappy person and so patricide is ok in this case. That is so hypocritical.
Anyway Tyrions scar - ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 4 1141699_1443975973854_500_270
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 16 Feb - 17:57

From the Star Wars Facebook page:

Your first look at The Last Jedi product packaging dropping out of hyperspace on September 1 for Force Friday II.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14  - Page 4 16649288_1421762487875348_2396793598649891433_n

Too bad it doesn't reveal too much of Rey's new hairstyle. Looks like they just removed the lower buns.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 16 Feb - 17:59

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Why release this now, I wonder? Confus It's not like any of the actual products will be released in a loooong time.
@Darth Dingbat

Wild guess - maybe it has something to do with New York Toy Fair that starts tomorrow?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 16 Feb - 18:03

@Sylvia Snow wrote:I'm secretly hoping that they will present Kylo's scar like when Belle first met Beast, i.e Show me you face scar
@Sylvia Snow

Ah,that slow step into the light....

I can actually see that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum