ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Rogue Rey on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 3:03 pm

WhatGirl wrote:Kylo: Our destinies are intertwined, but how?

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Tumblr_od5k730lUO1r2b86ro1_500
@WhatGirl

LOL I love it Razz Razz
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 3:08 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Tumblr_od5k730lUO1r2b86ro1_500
@WhatGirl

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 2uo27pu
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 3:24 pm

@Maria Antonietta

Rey: He sort of looks like a prince, and it makes no sense.

They're both so confused, it's adorable. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 4:09 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

Rey: He sort of looks like a prince, and it makes no sense.

They're both so confused, it's adorable. Razz
@WhatGirl

This whole exchange has me lol!

Thanks guys.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 7:32 pm

@Irina de France wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:Ahem

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Image10

I know Pablo said the TFA writers weren't aware of bastila and revan but I'm gonna go ahead and say this parallel is a plus for the force bond theory.
@BastilaBey

Seriously, there are times where I feel like saying that Pablo saying there was no inspiration taken from Revan and Bastila for Kylo and Rey as BS. I mean, if it's all coincidences, they make very funny coincidences.
@Irina de France

Ikr!? My siblings and I started playing KOTOR recently and now I think I ship reylo more than ever. XD there are just too many similarities.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 8:52 pm

@jakkusun wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Image10

I know Pablo said the TFA writers weren't aware of bastila and revan but I'm gonna go ahead and say this parallel is a plus for the force bond theory.
@BastilaBey

Seriously, there are times where I feel like saying that Pablo saying there was no inspiration taken from Revan and Bastila for Kylo and Rey as BS. I mean, if it's all coincidences, they make very funny coincidences.
@Irina de France

Ikr!? My siblings and I started playing KOTOR recently and now I think I ship reylo more than ever. XD there are just too many similarities.
@jakkusun

I think Pablo is a lie teller on this. Puh-leeze, the writers were not aware of Revan and Bastila? Pffffffftttt. They check and cross-check everything.
But if Pablo admits it, then Reylo is out of the bag.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:

@WhatGirl

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 2uo27pu
@Maria Antonietta

Professor Severus Ren as math teacher and his student Rey Potter. study

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:13 am

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@jakkusun wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Irina de France

@jakkusun

I think Pablo is a lie teller on this. Puh-leeze, the writers were not aware of Revan and Bastila? Pffffffftttt. They check and cross-check everything.
@ReyofLightSide

When I first saw pictures of both Revan and Bastilla in January of last year, I was blown away. I thought there was no way this could have been a coincidence. I mean, look at them!

I very rarely accuse Pablo of lying (I leave that task to the Reywalkers and Rey Soloists), but in this case I really don't have an explanation. There's no way Rey and Ren's aesthetic can be an accident when it comes down to how similar they look to Revan and Bastilla. That's not even including the Force bond theory that goes with it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 1:36 am

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 6:55 am

@DarthRen

Yes, over in the Tweets/Instagram thread. That's some clever Disney marketing, no? Twisted Evil
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:12 am

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:08 pm

@Kylo Rey I love Rey's face. Laughing
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:21 pm

I especially loved the part when he said Leia putting a foot up Han's bottom was one of the starting points for making him change from a selfish rogue to a selfless hero. This video really highlights how Ben is just like his dad and is already on the same path as him; turning from a person with questionable morals to someone who has a good heart underneath a rough exterior.

And here is another video by the same source and his thoughts on Ben's internal struggle with Kylo Ren. I agree with most of the video until the end, which he does say is just his theory and is more than likely wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

@DarthRen

I noticed the Beast saying it in the latest trailer and I was like "Oh come ON! Can it be any more obvious??" Twisted Evil
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 12:32 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:
I especially loved the part when he said Leia putting a foot up Han's bottom was one of the starting points for making him change from a selfish rogue to a selfless hero.  This video really highlights how Ben is just like his dad and is already on the same path as him; turning from a person with questionable morals to someone who has a good heart underneath a rough exterior.

And here is another video by the same source and his thoughts on Ben's internal struggle with Kylo Ren.  I agree with most of the video until the end, which he does say is just his theory and is more than likely wrong.
@Darth Dementor

I agree with the first video that they need to show Han the way people initially remember him - a selfish swaggering smuggler and not like everyone's best friend.  The Han I always remembered from the OT was almost a reluctant hero who only did what he did if it benefited him, he never came across to me as a overly nice guy, not even toward the end of the OT.  I always loved Han because of this, because he wasn't a ready made good guy, he was rough around the edges and very cold at times.  I just hope they keep the edge to the character.

And like the video said this selfish, very individual restlessness of Han could have had the biggest impact on his son - especially given certain lines in Aftermath: Empire's End about the relationship between Father and son.  And with TFA showing that their relationship was fractured beyond repair,  I hope that they address what exactly went wrong.

Also agree with the point that perhaps Ben is too much like his Father - assuming that Han was a really cold bad*** with very selfish reasons for what he does and the only reason he changed was because of the love of a woman - it would mean that his son will only change because of the love of a woman.  Go Rey!!!!  Bring the boy back from the dark and show that the sacrifice that Han made (the ultimate selfless act he would ever make) mean something and not just be something that happened.  Han's sacrifice had to mean something.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 7:12 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@jakkusun wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Irina de France

@jakkusun

@ReyofLightSide

When I first saw pictures of both Revan and Bastilla in January of last year, I was blown away.  I thought there was no way this could have been a coincidence.  I mean, look at them!  

I very rarely accuse Pablo of lying (I leave that task to the Reywalkers and Rey Soloists), but in this case I really don't have an explanation.  There's no way Rey and Ren's aesthetic can be an accident when it comes down to how similar they look to Revan and Bastilla.  That's not even including the Force bond theory that goes with it.
@IoJovi

I think Pablo could not admit this. How could he without spoiling the big twist they went great lengths to hide? They went as far as making Kylo kill his own father. If he hadn't, everybody would have seen redemption and romance coming from the get go. everybody'd have said it was absolutely predictable. Only the mystery around Rey's origins and Kylo's mysterious reasons and horrible actions could prevent everybody from expecting a romance between the last Skywalker, a young and attractive FS and the cinderella-like young girl, as powerful in the Force as him, who he happened to meet while they were both alone in the middle of a green forest. Everything seemed to disappear while they beheld each other in the woods, as if that meeting was crucial, more important that the battle taking place or any other thing.

Come on, it would have been obvious except for the possibility of Reywalker and if Kylo's patricide never happened. As for Revan and Bastilla, nothing can make me unsee what anyone can notice as simply as looking at Kylo's shoulder length hair, black robes, mask and light-sabre.

It's the same with Rey, her weapon is exactly the same shape as Bastilla's saber. This would have been enough to join the dots even before knowing of the Force Bond. They may give it any other name but there's a transcendental connection between the two where the Force is involved. If Revan and Bastilla belonged to a different franchise it would have seemed plagiarism. I can't believe all this is just a coincidence, I'm not gullible enough for that. But I don't think what Pablo did was wrong when he denied the inspiration because there was nothing else he could do. This is not just one of those romances that we see in actions flicks, romances that don't really move the plot forward. I think this one matters, this one will affect the plot greatly and letting it out of the bag would have been like spoiling the "I am your father" discovery in the OT.

Admitting Kylo and Rey are very much like Revan and Bastilla was something Pablo couldn't do.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 7:50 am

Don't reach but the image of Beast's painting resembling Kylo's scar is funny:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRErxHdDy2K/

Remember, it means nothing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:16 am

@Reynak wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@jakkusun wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:

@BastilaBey

@Irina de France

@jakkusun

@ReyofLightSide

When I first saw pictures of both Revan and Bastilla in January of last year, I was blown away.  I thought there was no way this could have been a coincidence.  I mean, look at them!  

I very rarely accuse Pablo of lying (I leave that task to the Reywalkers and Rey Soloists), but in this case I really don't have an explanation.  There's no way Rey and Ren's aesthetic can be an accident when it comes down to how similar they look to Revan and Bastilla.  That's not even including the Force bond theory that goes with it.
@IoJovi

I think Pablo could not admit this. How could he without spoiling the big twist they went great lengths to hide? They went as far as making Kylo kill his own father. If he hadn't, everybody would have seen redemption and romance coming from the get go. everybody'd have said it was absolutely predictable. Only the mystery around Rey's origins and Kylo's mysterious reasons and horrible actions could prevent everybody from expecting a romance between the last Skywalker, a young and attractive FS and the cinderella-like young girl, as powerful in the Force as him, who he happened to meet while they were both alone in the middle of a green forest. Everything seemed to disappear while they beheld each other in the woods, as if that meeting was crucial, more important that the battle taking place or any other thing.

Come on, it would have been obvious except for the possibility of Reywalker and if Kylo's patricide never happened. As for Revan and Bastilla, nothing can make me unsee what anyone can notice as simply as looking at Kylo's shoulder length hair, black robes, mask and light-sabre.

It's the same with Rey, her weapon is exactly the same shape as Bastilla's saber. This would have been enough to join the dots even before knowing of the Force Bond. They may give it any other name but there's a transcendental connection between the two where the Force is involved. If Revan and Bastilla belonged to a different franchise it would have seemed plagiarism. I can't believe all this is just a coincidence, I'm not gullible enough for that. But I don't think what Pablo did was wrong when he denied the inspiration because there was nothing else he could do. This is not just one of those romances that we see in actions flicks, romances that don't really move the plot forward. I think this one matters, this one will affect the plot greatly and letting it out of the bag would have been like spoiling the "I am your father" discovery in the OT.

Admitting Kylo and Rey are very much like Revan and Bastilla was something Pablo couldn't do.
@Reynak

Yeah I wasn't really mad or upset with Pablo for saying that, I was like....huh? scratch

It makes sense that he couldn't come out and say, "Oh yeah total inspiration. They're going to be the central romance of the trilogy." The cat would be out of the bag for many who didn't pick up on Reylo, and the surprise for them would be ruined. Keep in mind we are talking about the GA who couldn't care less about Reywalker or Reylo - they just want a good story with a great twist. Reylo will do that for them, and it will be a beautiful story.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

This is mostly an irrelevant point that probably doesn't belong here, but as Raiders was mentioned on here (I think?!) I'm dropping this here:

Has anyone noticed that Marion's Theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Princess Leia's theme are quite similar.

I was playing Marion's theme earlier and asked my Dad what film it was from and he said Star Wars.

Marion's Theme

Princess Leia's Theme.

And yes I do know that they were both composed by John Williams!!!!

Also side point - Harrison Ford smirks a lot in Raiders when around Marion (who just so happens to be a petite outspoken pretty self reliant brunette) just like when he was around Carrie in SW (also another petite smart mouthed tough brunette)

And then you get the product of Han and Leia smirking when in the presence of Rey (a petite - in comparison to Adam - fierce brave brunette).

I think Larry K is sending subliminal messages - tall dark haired guy + shorter brunette girl = H-beating H-beating
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 5:53 pm

@Rogue Rey wrote:This is mostly an irrelevant point that probably doesn't belong here, but as Raiders was mentioned on here (I think?!) I'm dropping this here:

Has anyone noticed that Marion's Theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Princess Leia's theme are quite similar.

I was playing Marion's theme earlier and asked my Dad what film it was from and he said Star Wars.

Marion's Theme

Princess Leia's Theme.

Also side point - Harrison Ford smirks a lot in Raiders when around Marion (who just so happens to be a petite outspoken pretty self reliant brunette) just like when he was around Carrie in SW (also another petite smart mouthed tough brunette)

And then you get the product of Han and Leia smirking when in the presence of Rey (a petite - in comparison to Adam - fierce brave brunette).

I think Larry K is sending subliminal messages - tall dark haired guy + shorter brunette girl = H-beating H-beating
@Rogue Rey

The themes are similar (I always thought that) and yes, Leia and Marian are both take-no-sh*t types straight out of the Golden Age of Hollywood. I loved Raiders, but I have zero interest in the ones where it's a different LI for him than Marian because they're just boring and forgettable blondes. And both actresses preceded those roles playing young women who could more than handle themselves, but also the men around them. Carrie Fisher was in Hairspray as the 17 year old who flummoxes and seduces Warren Beatty's playboy character and Karen Allen was in Animal House, as the co-ed who was too smart and sophisticated for college boys so she dates Donald Sutherland's professor.

Ha, so this would be a good question for Lawrence Kasdan how much Rey is a 'type' the way those two are. Meaning the type of gal who's 5 steps ahead of the man chasing after her. If you do read the Cinephilia and Beyond story about Raiders, it includes his original script draft and an interview about her full backstory. Which is where you start to wonder how much of getting to finally do things the wanted with Star Wars and Raiders made it into the ST, including part of Marian's backstory (dragged around the world by relic hunting parent and then trapped in a rought and dangerous backwater when they're killed) made it into Rey's.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 7:04 pm

Just popping in to see if anybody knows what's going on with the SW's wiki page. I didn't look.
There is some uptick in chatter going on about it disproving Reylo. Normal silliness.

Clearly this is just somebody screwing with the page for no reason other than the fact that they can... its wiki so that means anyone can just go in and edit it, I think.

Always something never nothing, right?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Emma
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm

@Krafty wrote:Just popping in to see if anybody knows what's going on with the SW's wiki page. I didn't look.
There is some uptick in chatter going on about it disproving Reylo. Normal silliness.

Clearly this is just somebody screwing with the page for no reason other than the fact that they can... its wiki so that means anyone can just go in and edit it, I think.

Always something never nothing, right?
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 5 Emma
@Krafty

I wouldn't pay it any mind. It's fan-based, anyway. Someone has too much time on their hands and wants to ruffle feathers. It's what's on the official SW website that matters, and clearly in the words of Effie Trinket, the odds are ever in our favor. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 1:35 am

@Rogue Rey wrote:This is mostly an irrelevant point that probably doesn't belong here, but as Raiders was mentioned on here (I think?!) I'm dropping this here:

Marion's Theme

Princess Leia's Theme.

@Rogue Rey

Speaking of it, I re-watched Raiders of Lost Ark yesterday and one of the themes really reminded me of Kylo's arriving at battle. The one near the end, where Nazis are opening the ark:

Btw, I really love Kylos theme, first when I was listening to it sounded menacing, but now just feels quite tragic to me. Still everytime when I hear the fast part I imagine him flaying on a tie and making reckless moves.

@Krafty Yeah, that wiki post really was a cry of a desperate troll. It is like they don't have any textual evidence and they make their own and that is how fake news are spread. Evil or Very Mad
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 8:26 am

Regarding the conclusion of the ST, here's what Lawrence Kasdan had to say about the ending of IX:

Kasdan wrote:We talked about [the ending] — and there’s a certain thing that people who are involved with it feel should happen. There’s a kind of movement that happens. But it’s not in your control. It’s going to veer off with Rian, and it’s going to veer off another way with Colin.

Hmmmm...

Source:

http://www.slashfilm.com/lawrence-kasdan-on-setting-up-star-wars-episode-8-more/
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

@Armadeus wrote:Regarding the conclusion of the ST, here's what Lawrence Kasdan had to say about the ending of IX:

Kasdan wrote:We talked about [the ending] — and there’s a certain thing that people who are involved with it feel should happen. There’s a kind of movement that happens. But it’s not in your control. It’s going to veer off with Rian, and it’s going to veer off another way with Colin.

Hmmmm...

Source:

http://www.slashfilm.com/lawrence-kasdan-on-setting-up-star-wars-episode-8-more/
@Armadeus

Well, that's kind of annoyingly vague.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum