ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by IoJovi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:07 am

@Birdwoman wrote:What are the chances that Rey and Kylo take off on their own by the end of the movie?
@Birdwoman

Honestly I see this as the most likely scenario. I wouldn't call his death a happy ending (poor Leia!), and I can't see him rotting in a jail cell a happy ending either (see again: poor Leia). At the same time, I can't see Kylo being buddy-buddy with everyone in the Resistance and making friends with those like Poe Dameron, or even Finn. Therefore, I can totally see Rey and Kylo going off on their own, and finding the belonging they seek in each other.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:11 am

@IoJovi wrote:The truth is though, the safe option never makes for a compelling story, nor is it talked about 20 years later after the movie is released. Look at the Vader/Father reveal. 37 years later, it's one of the most iconic moments in cinematic history. Given Rian's quote from a few days ago that this movie will draw parallels from ESB, only this time with unique characters and stories, I am 110% he's talking about Reylo in this quote. A father/daughter reveal between Luke and Rey will shock nearly no one (except us maybe), while the introduction of a love story between Rey and Kylo is going have the Reywalkers crawling on the floor...

The part in bold made me laugh. I am sure Rian Johnson is aiming at shocking us. He's targeted us specifically since the beginning, even before TFA came out Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 10:26 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:What are the chances that Rey and Kylo take off on their own by the end of the movie?
@Birdwoman

Honestly I see this as the most likely scenario. I wouldn't call his death a happy ending (poor Leia!), and I can't see him rotting in a jail cell a happy ending either (see again: poor Leia). At the same time, I can't see Kylo being buddy-buddy with everyone in the Resistance and making friends with those like Poe Dameron, or even Finn. Therefore, I can totally see Rey and Kylo going off on their own, and finding the belonging they seek in each other.
@IoJovi

So can I.....and if Rey has to choose between Kylo and staying with her friends and she chooses to go with Kylo..
It'll be the first time someone has actually put him first.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:28 am

@Birdwoman

Quite decent, i'd say. Kylo won't be liked by many people. Rey is very forgiving as Carrie (miss her Cry ) said it. Chewie might forgive based on knowing little Ben prior to him becoming Kylo ren, killing Han and hurting others. Luke don't know if he'll be alive but guess he might have a hand in his downfall or would maybe feel partially responsible for it. Other than that don't think other people like Poe, Finn would like him. I

I said it before, can't see Kylo/Ben being with the Ressistance, FO or Jedi's. He might find his own way like his father did with Rey because other than her maybe Chewie. Any kids, marriage we've been talking about is material for books and other trilogy. At best we can get a kiss and them riding off to the sunset of some sorts.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:34 am

@IoJovi wrote:The truth is though, the safe option never makes for a compelling story, nor is it talked about 20 years later after the movie is released.  Look at the Vader/Father reveal.  37 years later, it's one of the most iconic moments in cinematic history.  Given Rian's quote from a few days ago that this movie will draw parallels from ESB, only this time with unique characters and stories, I am 110% he's talking about Reylo in this quote.   A father/daughter reveal between Luke and Rey will shock nearly no one (except us maybe), while the introduction of a love story between Rey and Kylo is going have the Reywalkers crawling on the floor...  
@IoJovi

I'd like to think that but something tells me this is about Rey's parents past, Luke and Kylo/Ben and Force = balance, light and darkness whatever Luke and Kylo/Ben have been doing. "Luke, I am your Father" was straight up out of nowhere but Reylo is being build slowly since TFA, so it won't be that shocking. Which is why I don't think this quote is about Reylo but rather something different and not so suspected.

Last edited by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 11:36 am

I think the 'shock reveal' of TLJ will be how Ben Solo came to be Kylo Ren. And that it will involve Luke.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:The truth is though, the safe option never makes for a compelling story, nor is it talked about 20 years later after the movie is released.  Look at the Vader/Father reveal.  37 years later, it's one of the most iconic moments in cinematic history.  Given Rian's quote from a few days ago that this movie will draw parallels from ESB, only this time with unique characters and stories, I am 110% he's talking about Reylo in this quote.   A father/daughter reveal between Luke and Rey will shock nearly no one (except us maybe), while the introduction of a love story between Rey and Kylo is going have the Reywalkers crawling on the floor...  
@IoJovi

I'd like to think that but something tells me this is about Rey's parents past, Luke and Kylo/Ben and Force = balance, light and darkness whatever Luke and Kylo/Ben have been doing. "Luke, I am your Father" was straight up out of nowhere but Reylo is being build slowly since TFA, so it won't be that shocking. Which is why I don't think this quote is about Reylo but rather something different and not so suspected.
@DarthRen

You'd think this would be true.  Reylo was obvious to me, even on my first viewing, and only got more in your face on each subsequent view.  Yet outside this forum when I go online elsewhere, everybody and their mother thinks Rey being Luke's daughter is the only way she can fit into the Skywalker saga.  That shocked the heck out of me the first time I ventured online to discuss what I thought I had seen.  Rey being Luke's hadn't even crossed my mind at that point and I are as surprised to see how many out there didn't even want to entertain other possibilities.  Simply because a saber calls to someone doesn't make parentage a canon fact, but many out there treat it as such.  For them, they are going to get that I Am Your Father moment in TLJ, only it won't involve any daddy reveals.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm

You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:31 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

@MeadowofAshes

Everyone else in the theatre would spit out their drinks in surpise and we'd all be just munching on our popcorn just chill.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:35 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

@MeadowofAshes

Everyone else in the theatre would spit out their drinks in surpise and we'd all be just munching on our popcorn just chill.
@Rei of Sunshine

Them:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 37 Giphy

Us:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 37 Giphy
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:37 pm

@Irina de France wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

@Rei of Sunshine

Them:

Us:

@Irina de France

Those gifs made me spit out my coffee. That WILL indeed be the case, won't it!!! lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:37 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Birdwoman

@IoJovi

Thank you for this post!
Every time I drown in the dark thoughts of Jedi!MonkRey possibility (aka progressive super woman that no need a romance) I need something like your post to remind me of Skywalker family and all the siths they have been through. Leia, first and foremost, then Luke, Anakin and Padme. I don't think Disney/LFL would go to the direction of no more Skywalkers.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:47 pm

@Birdwoman

Well, someone is flying the Falcon that's getting chased by the TIEs in that shot in the trailer.... Wink

I know that it's a favorite headcanon of mine of Rey and Kylo/Ben escaping in the Millennium Falcon together at some point and bickering over who gets to be the pilot vs. co-pilot, etc. HOWEVER, they made a point of telling us in TFA that the Falcon is easier to fly with both a pilot and a co-pilot (something that was never really emphasized in the OT), so I'd be shocked if that doesn't play into a future plot point at some point.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm

@snufkin wrote:I think I figured part of it out, at least for the part about Luke and some of what was being worked out between the movie and Bloodline. Bloodline is part of the backstory, but also part of the movie. Its Godfather Part II if you will.

We've discussed that a big part of the ST is about the idea of what would happen if Vader survived and had to live the rest of his life atoning/bearing responsibility for actions, right? It's not just about Ben, it's about Luke and Leia's very different experiences in coming to terms with the impact of their father's actions and deaths on their respective lives. We see this in Bloodline through her POV. She's in denial and trying to keep the truth from ever coming out, both to the public and to her son.

There's also the passage where she remembers the conversation with Luke about his experience. From Leia's POV, he's beatific (a word loaded with religious/spiritual meaning) in recalling the experience he shared with their father, including his return to the light and true identity. So based on that experience, Luke has a specific set of ideas/emotion going forward as a Jedi and most likely, that's why Leia and Han assume that Luke can fix that "too much Vader" problem their son has. The main problem being that Luke's experience ends with their fathers death. He never had to "go home" afterwards to face the music for his actions, including with his two surviving children.

Luke's POV about their father is far more idealistic, it's in the past and it's all good, versus Leia struggling to live with how their fathers actions have impacted both her personally, but other characters in the novel. Luke sees it as being in a very idealized version of the past. So I think part of what they have to do for him is to grapple with the realization, via his relationship with Ben, is that if his father had lived, things wouldn't have been quite so beatific or holy.
@snufkin

Luke always had the furthest to fall. When we first meet Leia she is already in the thick of the action going face to face with Vader. Luke is a farm boy dreamer, he hates the Empire but he's all "what can I do about it? It's all so far away" etc. He gets pulled into the action but he remains a dreamer. In ESB he gets a bit wiser to it, but even after Vader cuts his hand off any anger/resentment is directed more at Obi-Wan (and Yoda) "Ben, why didn't you tell me?" Leia acts with revulsion towards the reveal of Vader being Luke's father (I guess her own reaction was calm acceptance of the facts but deep revulsion and rejection of the idea Darth Vader was her father in any meaningful way). Leia always had her feet on the ground and she takes the facts but doesn't always accept them. Luke felt vindicated when Anakin Skywalker returned and he held onto it to the point where he won't even acknowledge his father as Darth Vader. Leia was denied the opportunity to see Darth Vader redeemed so accepting the Anakin Skywalker side is harder for her, but she does trust and believe in Luke, and she does seem to find some peace with it all after the Vader reveal in Bloodline. On the other hand, Luke appears to have been completely shattered by having to confront whatever happened with Ben/the a Vader reveal and the reaction to it etc. Leia was also devastated but it didn't break her or shake the foundations of her beliefs (seemingly) the way it has with Luke. But maybe the scales falling from his eyes will be a good thing if he now sees the force as "much bigger" than his previous narrower vision.

ETA @MeadowofAshes I think it speaks volumes that all involved, including Pablo who is no fan of romance, have had repeated opportunities to trash/mock Reylo and yet none of them have done so. Some have even liked Reylo art and made favourable noises about it.

I have also had the headcanon of Rey and Kylo going off somewhere together at the end of the ST. But then I wonder if that's fair to Rey. I guess if she's in love with him and he's all she wants, but what about her friends? I'm not sure. I guess we will see in TLJ as Daisy said Rey will be working out what she wants not what others expect of her.

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Birdwoman

Well, someone is flying the Falcon that's getting chased by the TIEs in that shot in the trailer.... Wink

I know that it's a favorite headcanon of mine of Rey and Kylo/Ben escaping in the Millennium Falcon together at some point and bickering over who gets to be the pilot vs. co-pilot, etc. HOWEVER, they made a point of telling us in TFA that the Falcon is easier to fly with both a pilot and a co-pilot (something that was never really emphasized in the OT), so I'd be shocked if that doesn't play into a future plot point at some point.
@ISeeAnIsland

Also, there is a reason Kylo boarding the Falcon was cut from TFA. I imagine it's for a scene with more impact, without the mask, in TLJ.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:04 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Birdwoman

Well, someone is flying the Falcon that's getting chased by the TIEs in that shot in the trailer....  Wink

@ISeeAnIsland

That is in my top three of scenes I want to see. They have to do it, especially with the bickering! I can see them both trying to sit in the pilot's seat at the same time. Didn't Carrie say Adam has a funny scene in this movie.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:09 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@IoJovi

@DarthRen

You'd think this would be true.  Reylo was obvious to me, even on my first viewing, and only got more in your face on each subsequent view.  Yet outside this forum when I go online elsewhere, everybody and their mother thinks Rey being Luke's daughter is the only way she can fit into the Skywalker saga.  That shocked the heck out of me the first time I ventured online to discuss what I thought I had seen.  Rey being Luke's hadn't even crossed my mind at that point and I are as surprised to see how many out there didn't even want to entertain other possibilities.  Simply because a saber calls to someone doesn't make parentage a canon fact, but many out there treat it as such.  For them, they are going to get that I Am Your Father moment in TLJ, only it won't involve any daddy reveals.
@IoJovi

I've going regularly on youtube, twitter, reddit and as time goes more and more people acknowledge the chances of Kylo and Rey under certain circumstances. Year ago many people would laugh but since then more evidence arised for this. mysterious connection, Bloodline, Daisy's liking of Reylo arts and of course filming news.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:17 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Birdwoman

@ISeeAnIsland

Also, there is a reason Kylo boarding the Falcon was cut from TFA. I imagine it's for a scene with more impact, without the mask, in TLJ.
@MeadowofAshes

I said the same thing. Thumbs up Saving the moment for the best occasion.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:20 pm

@MeadowofAshes

You might be partially right. It could be shocker but not on the level of OT "Luke, i'm your father" but still Reylo gets to be mentioned in the mainstrea media, Dame Judi Dench asked Daisy. So people have noticed it. In the OT nobody knew or it was just a lucky guess Darth Vader is Luke's father.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:27 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I think I figured part of it out, at least for the part about Luke and some of what was being worked out between the movie and Bloodline. Bloodline is part of the backstory, but also part of the movie. Its Godfather Part II if you will.

We've discussed that a big part of the ST is about the idea of what would happen if Vader survived and had to live the rest of his life atoning/bearing responsibility for actions, right? It's not just about Ben, it's about Luke and Leia's very different experiences in coming to terms with the impact of their father's actions and deaths on their respective lives. We see this in Bloodline through her POV. She's in denial and trying to keep the truth from ever coming out, both to the public and to her son.

There's also the passage where she remembers the conversation with Luke about his experience. From Leia's POV, he's beatific (a word loaded with religious/spiritual meaning) in recalling the experience he shared with their father, including his return to the light and true identity. So based on that experience, Luke has a specific set of ideas/emotion going forward as a Jedi and most likely, that's why Leia and Han assume that Luke can fix that "too much Vader" problem their son has. The main problem being that Luke's experience ends with their fathers death. He never had to "go home" afterwards to face the music for his actions, including with his two surviving children.

Luke's POV about their father is far more idealistic, it's in the past and it's all good, versus Leia struggling to live with how their fathers actions have impacted both her personally, but other characters in the novel. Luke sees it as being in a very idealized version of the past. So I think part of what they have to do for him is to grapple with the realization, via his relationship with Ben, is that if his father had lived, things wouldn't have been quite so beatific or holy.
@snufkin

Luke always had the furthest to fall. When we first meet Leia she is already in the thick of the action going face to face with Vader. Luke is a farm boy dreamer, he hates the Empire but he's all "what can I do about it? It's all so far away" etc. He gets pulled into the action but he remains a dreamer. In ESB he gets a bit wiser to it, but even after Vader cuts his hand off any anger/resentment is directed more at Obi-Wan (and Yoda) "Ben, why didn't you tell me?" Leia acts with revulsion towards the reveal of Vader being Luke's father (I guess her own reaction was calm acceptance of the facts but deep revulsion and rejection of the idea Darth Vader was her father in any meaningful way). Leia always had her feet on the ground and she takes the facts but doesn't always accept them. Luke felt vindicated when Anakin Skywalker returned and he held onto it to the point where he won't even acknowledge his father as Darth Vader. Leia was denied the opportunity to see Darth Vader redeemed so accepting the Anakin Skywalker side is harder for her, but she does trust and believe in Luke, and she does seem to find some peace with it all after the Vader reveal in Bloodline. On the other hand, Luke appears to have been completely shattered by having to confront whatever happened with Ben/the a Vader reveal and the reaction to it etc. Leia was also devastated but it didn't break her or shake the foundations of her beliefs (seemingly) the way it has with Luke. But maybe the scales falling from his eyes will be a good thing if he now sees the force as "much bigger" than his previous narrower vision.

ETA @MeadowofAshes I think it speaks volumes that all involved, including Pablo who is no fan of romance, have had repeated opportunities to trash/mock Reylo and yet none of them have done so. Some have even liked Reylo art and made favourable noises about it.

I have also had the headcanon of Rey and Kylo going off somewhere together at the end of the ST. But then I wonder if that's fair to Rey. I guess if she's in love with him and he's all she wants, but what about her friends? I'm not sure. I guess we will see in TLJ as Daisy said Rey will be working out what she wants not what others expect of her.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Also, remember how KK finally got JJ to agree to direct TFA? She presented him with the question: Who is Luke Skywalker?  If Luke is the same as he was in ROTJ there would be nothing to talk about.

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Birdwoman

Well, someone is flying the Falcon that's getting chased by the TIEs in that shot in the trailer....  Wink

@ISeeAnIsland

@MeadowofAshes

THIS! That Falcon scene in TFA was pure gold.  They have to have a replacement for it.  They have to show the Solo child on the Falcon.

Also, I agree with everyone that the awkward "who flies the Falcon" scene is a must.

I can see it going a couple of ways.  First the obvious one of "I fly it, no I do!"

But I see another possibility.  Kylo may not be comfortable flying it at first.  It may actually scare/upset him to do it.  But like @panki said, the ship needs a co-pilot, so he will have to step in ... and then as things get more hectic and he gets distracted from his guilt, I could see him playing a little bit of the "backseat driver" with snarky comments like saying flatly, "well you can do that if you want us to die right now" or something like "No!!! You don't press the button! You beat the button!" in full AD yelling glory. Frankly, if they don't have a moment where he pounds on the cockpit to keep it from shutting off (like Han did) then I will be a little disappointed. Very Happy  AD will do wonders with a moment like that and it will show his inner Solo. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm

I don't think many people would consider friends more important than true love. After all, most people build their own family and/or share their lives with the person they love and choose as a partner and companion for life. And who are Rey's friends now? Only Finn and Leia because she doesn't even know Poe. Leia would be happy if Rey chose Ben and loved him. And how long have Finn and Rey been friens? For two days? When Finn decided to leave for the Outer Rim he saw no problem in leaving her, so I don't think she would renounce true love to see Finn more often. This is not what most people would do.

If Rey wants something in her life she cannot have with Ben, I would understand it if she chose to leave him, but not for Finn. Finn will have his own love and family one day. If she wants to be a jedi, she won't share her life with Kylo but I don't think she wants to be a jedi, she wants a family.

Last edited by Reynak on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:33 pm

@MeadowofAshes Especially since they only mentioned it twice after more than a year and only after JJ commentary as a "Ehy! Have you have ever thought about the possibility of Rey and Kylo getting romantically involved?" nod to the fandom/general audience (probably also since a lot of them were still stuck on the "Rey= Luke's daughter, Kylo Ren evil blah blah"). From this pov they made it even more obvious that they were hiding something - I remember Daisy posting Finnrey or Damerey art without problems on her Instagram account at the beginning, and if the movie hadn't been clear enough that gave it away that there was nothing to hide when it comes to these pairings, especially considering that they were the movie's good guys and Daisy is friends with the actors. Her liking and/or commenting on some Reylo posts was different: they never mentioned or talked about their interaction, Kylo Ren was considered the Big Bad Evil villain who killed Han Solo, why would she like some romantic fan arts depicting the heroine and the evil villain if they're just going to fight for the next three movies? If you consider that Daisy did already know the direction of the story and of the characters and if you saw Reylo in the movie, that's completely normal. Maybe she only happens to be a fan of this kind of pairing, but other people involved also liked Reylo or follow Reylo fan accounts...that's too much of a coincidence. And yes it's the only pairing that hasn't been denied when they had no problems with the other ones (at swc no one denied Finnrose happening either). Not saying that Reylo will happen because the cast liked some posts- to me Reylo has always been very obvious in the movie and things like that or Matt Martin comparing Reylo to "I'm our father"reveal are just the nth confirmation of it happening.
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:37 pm

@Reynak wrote:I don't think many people would consider friends more important than true love. After all, most people build their own family and/or share their lives with the person they love and choose as a partner and companion for life. And who are Rey's friends now? Only Finn and Leia because she doesn't even know Poe. Leia would be happy if Rey chose Ben and loved him. And how long have Finn and Rey been friens? For two days? When Rey decided to leave for the Outer Rim he saw no problem in leaving her, so I don't think she would renounce true love to see Finn more often. This is not what most people would do.

If Rey wants something in her life she cannot have with Ben, I would understand it if she chose to leave him, but not for Finn. Finn will have his own love and family one day. If she wants to be a jedi, she won't share her life with Kylo but I don't think she wants to be a jedi, she wants a family.
@Reynak

I agree with this.  And also, the woman is a force sensitive flyer and the Falcon is hers.  She can visit anyone she wants when she wants.  In real life terms it would be like Finn living in LA and she in NYC and she has her own corporate jet that she can expertly fly.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm

@Reynak wrote:I don't think many people would consider friends more important than true love. After all, most people build their own family and/or share their lives with the person they love and choose as a partner and companion for life. And who are Rey's friends now? Only Finn and Leia because she doesn't even know Poe. Leia would be happy if Rey chose Ben and loved him. And how long have Finn and Rey been friens? For two days? When Rey decided to leave for the Outer Rim he saw no problem in leaving her, so I don't think she would renounce true love to see Finn more often. This is not what most people would do.

@Reynak

Well, I'll be blunt here: Rey ending up all alone as a celibate Jedi or separated from Kylo/Ben in the case she's involved romantically with him is actually pretty cruel.

I don't expect a cute Disney ending at all. I don't even expect a Reylo wedding (Finnrose has more chances of getting a nice white wedding at the end of IX, though), but a bittersweet ending, but honestly... Rey staying behind because duty says so is pretty out of character for her. It was made pretty clear in TFA that she valued relationships (may it be family or friends) above it all. Plus, it's also pretty cruel for Kylo/Ben as well: he comes from a family where they have put their jobs/duty before him, and he's suffered of it in more ways than one. If I was Kylo, if the love of my life would come and tell me: "Sorry, honey, I got to stay behind and help your uncle rebuild the Jedi Order, because that's the right thing to do!"... Like, ugh, no.

Bittersweet does not equal two lovers not being able to stay together. And honestly, if IX ends with Reylo being separated and we just jump to X and see their kids, I'd probably laugh my arse off at Disney when Del Rey will publish a novel with a summary going along the lines of: "Wonder what happened to Rey and Ben during the years between IX and X? Find out in this novel! Only 30$ at Barnes and Noble!"
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:49 pm

@Irina de France wrote:

@Reynak

Well, I'll be blunt here: Rey ending up all alone as a celibate Jedi or separated from Kylo/Ben in the case she's involved romantically with him is actually pretty cruel.

I don't expect a cute Disney ending at all. I don't even expect a Reylo wedding (Finnrose has more chances of getting a nice white wedding at the end of IX, though), but a bittersweet ending, but honestly... Rey staying behind because duty says so is pretty out of character for her. It was made pretty clear in TFA that she valued relationships (may it be family or friends) above it all. Plus, it's also pretty cruel for Kylo/Ben as well: he comes from a family where they have put their jobs/duty before him, and he's suffered of it in more ways than one. If I was Kylo, if the love of my life would come and tell me: "Sorry, honey, I got to stay behind and help your uncle rebuild the Jedi Order, because that's the right thing to do!"... Like, ugh, no.

Bittersweet does not equal two lovers not being able to stay together. And honestly, if IX ends with Reylo being separated and we just jump to X and see their kids, I'd probably laugh my arse off at Disney when Del Rey will publish a novel with a summary going along the lines of: "Wonder what happened to Rey and Ben during the years between IX and X? Find out in this novel! Only 30$ at Barnes and Noble!"
@Irina de France

Those kinds of stories need to be in movies, not in DelRey books, IMO.  Don't call it trilogy.  Call it anthology.  I don't care. But throw us a few bones with these characters.  You know that some kind of dramatic terribleness can be conjured up for the interim 20 years for Kylo/Ben, Rey, Poe and Finn, Rose ... including drama that will require the presence of all of them.  I mean even if Kylo and Rey go off to the Outer Rim for the quiet life, a movie can start with Finn coming to the door ... and Kylo answering it. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum