ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:59 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux!  Laughing

If Kylo is in the co-pilot seat I can see him taking on the snarky Princess Leia role with a serious of one liners about Rey's flying and/or the MF itself.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5988
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:01 pm

On Kylo's piloting skills, Pablo remarked that he's capable, and that it will be left for a story reveal:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Kylopi10

We see the Falcon being flown in the Last Jedi trailer. I think the pilot could be Kylo.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:02 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:What are the chances that Rey and Kylo take off on their own by the end of the movie?
@Birdwoman

Well, someone is flying the Falcon that's getting chased by the TIEs in that shot in the trailer.... Wink

I know that it's a favorite headcanon of mine of Rey and Kylo/Ben escaping in the Millennium Falcon together at some point and bickering over who gets to be the pilot vs. co-pilot, etc. HOWEVER, they made a point of telling us in TFA that the Falcon is easier to fly with both a pilot and a co-pilot (something that was never really emphasized in the OT), so I'd be shocked if that doesn't play into a future plot point at some point.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think we are quite a few who thought about that seeing the Falcon in the trailer. I am 95% sure we will get a bickering scene in the MF between these 2. It's just something you can't not put in there if you go with romantic Reylo.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1926
Likes : 9507
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by IoJovi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:02 pm

[quote="ReyofLightSide"]
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux! Laughing

@ReyofLightSide

That is one of my favorite Pablo tweets to date!

I lol'd at certainly not Hux...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41505
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:07 pm

WhatGirl wrote:On Kylo's piloting skills, Pablo remarked that he's capable, and that it will be left for a story reveal:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Kylopi10

We see the Falcon being flown in the Last Jedi trailer. I think the pilot could be Kylo.
@WhatGirl

I think his original ship crashes or is taken down on the island (MSW possible spoiler) and Kylo and Rey are flying the Falcon away in the shot from the trailer.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5988
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Hasi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:26 pm

@Reynak wrote:I don't think many people would consider friends more important than true love. After all, most people build their own family and/or share their lives with the person they love and choose as a partner and companion for life. And who are Rey's friends now? Only Finn and Leia because she doesn't even know Poe. Leia would be happy if Rey chose Ben and loved him. And how long have Finn and Rey been friens? For two days? When Rey decided to leave for the Outer Rim he saw no problem in leaving her, so I don't think she would renounce true love to see Finn more often. This is not what most people would do.

If Rey wants something in her life she cannot have with Ben, I would understand it if she chose to leave him, but not for Finn. Finn will have his own love and family one day. If she wants to be a jedi, she won't share her life with Kylo but I don't think she wants to be a jedi, she wants a family.
@Reynak
Yes mte. Friendship is not less important than romantic love, but this is a movie, and movies usually show a big difference when it comes to this. Rey and Finn are important to each other, and even if there might be some temporary falling-out, they'll always be friends, and nothing will take that away from them. TFA shows you twice that Rey and Finn's paths are going to diverge, and that they'll both find their own belonging in different places. Finn will have the Resistance, Poe and Rose and not only Rey wouldn't fit in this, she wouldn't even be his first choice either. Finn will be off doing his things leaving Rey alone or feeling like a burden and lonelier than ever. Her and Kylo are both Force sensitives, and both of them felt or were abandoned by their families leaving them feeling unloved and lonely. Their paths converge. And yes, Rey wouldn't be in jail, she'll be able to visit who she wants when she wants. If there's a thing I'm sure about is that if Rey wants to be/go with Kylo, it would be because she 100% wants it and loves him.
There's this orphaned girl who turns out to be Force sensitive and is just starting her journey. We already know what she wants, she seeks belonging. If Rey were a damsel in distress, then at the end of the story she would probably learn that she is strong and she can count on herself, but that's not the case since she is already independent and strong. As an orphan who grew up without her parents, the things she want the most is obviously a family, someone who will love her. I can't recall a story about an orphan who doesn't get a family in the end (Oliver Twist, The Rescuers...), unless it's meant to end in tragedy. But Rey is not a child, she's on the cusp of being a woman and this is a coming of age fairytale from childhood/teenage years to adulthood. She won't find new parents, but she will find her own family where she will finally belong and be loved. Enter Kylo, who also has Force powers, is played as an attractive young man, felt abandoned and unloved by his family, etc. They are visually presented as two sides of the same coin, they have a connection, their destinies are intertwined. 
Honestly if Kylo and Rey aren't together, that would basically be the same situation at the beginning of TFA all over again, both when it comes to them and the Force.


Last edited by Hasi on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 115
Likes : 781
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-04

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by snufkin on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:47 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I think I figured part of it out, at least for the part about Luke and some of what was being worked out between the movie and Bloodline. Bloodline is part of the backstory, but also part of the movie. Its Godfather Part II if you will.

We've discussed that a big part of the ST is about the idea of what would happen if Vader survived and had to live the rest of his life atoning/bearing responsibility for actions, right? It's not just about Ben, it's about Luke and Leia's very different experiences in coming to terms with the impact of their father's actions and deaths on their respective lives. We see this in Bloodline through her POV. She's in denial and trying to keep the truth from ever coming out, both to the public and to her son.

There's also the passage where she remembers the conversation with Luke about his experience. From Leia's POV, he's beatific (a word loaded with religious/spiritual meaning) in recalling the experience he shared with their father, including his return to the light and true identity. So based on that experience, Luke has a specific set of ideas/emotion going forward as a Jedi and most likely, that's why Leia and Han assume that Luke can fix that "too much Vader" problem their son has. The main problem being that Luke's experience ends with their fathers death. He never had to "go home" afterwards to face the music for his actions, including with his two surviving children.

Luke's POV about their father is far more idealistic, it's in the past and it's all good, versus Leia struggling to live with how their fathers actions have impacted both her personally, but other characters in the novel. Luke sees it as being in a very idealized version of the past. So I think part of what they have to do for him is to grapple with the realization, via his relationship with Ben, is that if his father had lived, things wouldn't have been quite so beatific or holy.
@snufkin

Luke always had the furthest to fall. When we first meet Leia she is already in the thick of the action going face to face with Vader. Luke is a farm boy dreamer, he hates the Empire but he's all "what can I do about it? It's all so far away" etc. He gets pulled into the action but he remains a dreamer. In ESB he gets a bit wiser to it, but even after Vader cuts his hand off any anger/resentment is directed more at Obi-Wan (and Yoda) "Ben, why didn't you tell me?" Leia acts with revulsion towards the reveal of Vader being Luke's father (I guess her own reaction was calm acceptance of the facts but deep revulsion and rejection of the idea Darth Vader was her father in any meaningful way). Leia always had her feet on the ground and she takes the facts but doesn't always accept them. Luke felt vindicated when Anakin Skywalker returned and he held onto it to the point where he won't even acknowledge his father as Darth Vader. Leia was denied the opportunity to see Darth Vader redeemed so accepting the Anakin Skywalker side is harder for her, but she does trust and believe in Luke, and she does seem to find some peace with it all after the Vader reveal in Bloodline. On the other hand, Luke appears to have been completely shattered by having to confront whatever happened with Ben/the a Vader reveal and the reaction to it etc. Leia was also devastated but it didn't break her or shake the foundations of her beliefs (seemingly) the way it has with Luke. But maybe the scales falling from his eyes will be a good thing if he now sees the force as "much bigger" than his previous narrower vision.

ETA @MeadowofAshes I think it speaks volumes that all involved, including Pablo who is no fan of romance, have had repeated opportunities to trash/mock Reylo and yet none of them have done so. Some have even liked Reylo art and made favourable noises about it.

I have also had the headcanon of Rey and Kylo going off somewhere together at the end of the ST. But then I wonder if that's fair to Rey. I guess if she's in love with him and he's all she wants, but what about her friends? I'm not sure. I guess we will see in TLJ as Daisy said Rey will be working out what she wants not what others expect of her.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Also, remember how KK finally got JJ to agree to direct TFA? She presented him with the question: Who is Luke Skywalker?  If Luke is the same as he was in ROTJ there would be nothing to talk about.

Yeah I think that's maybe part of what was eluded to in MH's comments about talking with RJ. Not so much the Dark Luke scenario he's talked about before, but in showing Luke's own turmoil and going through the process of having the scales fall from his eyes. In continuing to grow/evolve in a more complicated way for both the character and his vision of the Force as things were left at the end of the OT. The way the two characters were always written, Leia was the pragmatist versus Luke being the idealist. But I thought it was interesting in Bloodline how they're both hinted at being in denial in a way about what happened with their biological father. He seems to have tucked it into that idealistic vision of a deceased heroic father that he had in the OT versus her clearly struggling in her daily life with the unspoken ramifications, but always putting off "until the time is right" to tell Ben the truth. But yeah, I think the ST for Luke is going to be about coming to terms with who his father was and the legacy that's shown in Bloodline. And in realizing that when it comes to Ben, it's the reality of what would've happened if their father had survived after everything that they had gone through/he'd done. Even with Leia, she has a moment in Bloodline of finally identifying with him and realizing how circumstances could drive somebody into those actions.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8336
Likes : 38680
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by snufkin on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 2:58 pm

@SkyStar wrote:
@snufkin

Freud thought that religion formed when sons killed their cruel father. The shame and guilt of patricide made them worship their father like a saint. I was thinking how it fits with Kylo and it really does not, because Han maybe was a bad father, but he wasn't a tyrant of some sort.
But really it fits with Luke quite nicely. He did not kill Vader, but he was the reason why his father died. Even Snoke pointed that out to Kylo - Vader gave into his emotions and that is why Vader and Empire met their end.
Perhaps deep down (really the core of it) Luke felt guilt that he was the reason why his father died, so based on that he constructed the image of his father as a saint like a martyr and the new religion was born.

@SkyStar

This is excellent, thank you! Especially when the roots of the OT and Luke/Vader were in GL's struggle with his own father (who ended up influencing him as a business mogul). I think you're on to something, Luke's way of coping with what happened was to construct the mental/emotional model of his father as being a saint/martyr and that formed the roots of what he was doing.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8336
Likes : 38680
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 3:38 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux!  Laughing

If Kylo is in the co-pilot seat I can see him taking on the snarky Princess Leia role with a serious of one liners about Rey's flying and/or the MF itself.
@ReyofLightSide

He's playing with people. Unless Kylo has some deep affection towards Snoke = his sugar daddy. He has pretty clearly fascination with Rey but if he said anything that points towards Reylo, he could be in trouble over that. PH is way too smart cat for that.

I do think Kylo is with Rey at some point working together, after Luke is not the shiny knight Rey thought he is and she would have to work with Kylo. Get to know him. I can see and it would be thematically approapriate to see Kylo flying MF at some point and with Rey as the bonus. Considering how much Kylo hated Han, it would be poetic if the decided at the end ot fly with MF.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2104
Likes : 6266
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by nemapasara on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 3:52 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux!  Laughing

If Kylo is in the co-pilot seat I can see him taking on the snarky Princess Leia role with a serious of one liners about Rey's flying and/or the MF itself.
@ReyofLightSide

He's playing with people. Unless Kylo has some deep affection towards Snoke = his sugar daddy. He has pretty clearly fascination with Rey but if he said anything that points towards Reylo, he could be in trouble over that. PH is way too smart cat for that.

I do think Kylo is with Rey at some point working together, after Luke is not the shiny knight Rey thought he is and she would have to work with Kylo. Get to know him. I can see and it would be thematically approapriate to see Kylo flying MF at some point and with Rey as the bonus. Considering how much Kylo hated Han, it would be poetic if the decided at the end ot fly with MF.
@DarthRen

It'd be poetic if the thing that ends up giving him freedom is flying off in the Millennium Falcon. It'd hark back on what LST said about Kylo not being able to deny who his family is and where he came from. The more he tries to deny it, the more detrimental it is to him.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 469
Likes : 3190
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 3:57 pm

@nemapasara wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux!  Laughing

If Kylo is in the co-pilot seat I can see him taking on the snarky Princess Leia role with a serious of one liners about Rey's flying and/or the MF itself.
@ReyofLightSide

He's playing with people. Unless Kylo has some deep affection towards Snoke = his sugar daddy. He has pretty clearly fascination with Rey but if he said anything that points towards Reylo, he could be in trouble over that. PH is way too smart cat for that.

I do think Kylo is with Rey at some point working together, after Luke is not the shiny knight Rey thought he is and she would have to work with Kylo. Get to know him. I can see and it would be thematically approapriate to see Kylo flying MF at some point and with Rey as the bonus. Considering how much Kylo hated Han, it would be poetic if the decided at the end ot fly with MF.
@DarthRen

It'd be poetic if the thing that ends up giving him freedom is flying off in the Millennium Falcon. It'd hark back on what LST said about Kylo not being able to deny who his family is and where he came from. The more he tries to deny it, the more detrimental it is to him.
@nemapasara

Slightly OT: LOOK HOW MAJESTIC IS THAT HAIR FLIP IN YOUR SIGNATURE GIF OMG
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2790
Likes : 12391
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 33
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 4:07 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux!  Laughing

If Kylo is in the co-pilot seat I can see him taking on the snarky Princess Leia role with a serious of one liners about Rey's flying and/or the MF itself.
@ReyofLightSide

He's playing with people. Unless Kylo has some deep affection towards Snoke = his sugar daddy. He has pretty clearly fascination with Rey but if he said anything that points towards Reylo, he could be in trouble over that. PH is way too smart cat for that.

I do think Kylo is with Rey at some point working together, after Luke is not the shiny knight Rey thought he is and she would have to work with Kylo. Get to know him. I can see and it would be thematically approapriate to see Kylo flying MF at some point and with Rey as the bonus. Considering how much Kylo hated Han, it would be poetic if the decided at the end ot fly with MF.
@DarthRen

It'd be poetic if the thing that ends up giving him freedom is flying off in the Millennium Falcon. It'd hark back on what LST said about Kylo not being able to deny who his family is and where he came from. The more he tries to deny it, the more detrimental it is to him.
@nemapasara

Slightly OT: LOOK HOW MAJESTIC IS THAT HAIR FLIP IN YOUR SIGNATURE GIF OMG
@Maria Antonietta

Agree but one thing I wonder about that scene is, Kylo doesn't seem like he wants to kill her but that clip looks like he was trying to take her head off.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5988
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:You have to think of the way things have been kept under wraps though. No one involved in the movie mentions Reylo, but they won't deny it either (unlike Kylux and StormPilot). Even the villainous crush aspect is addressed indirectly. (When asked if Kylo was gay, Pablo said to go with what TFA told us.)

Reylo in some form is definitely the shocker, lol.
@MeadowofAshes
@DarthRen

Gee, why would Pablo say go with what TFA told us? Cause I saw Kylo falling apart around the pretty scavenger and getting as close to her as possible. Didn't see him doing that with Finn, Poe, and certainly not Hux!  Laughing

If Kylo is in the co-pilot seat I can see him taking on the snarky Princess Leia role with a serious of one liners about Rey's flying and/or the MF itself.
@ReyofLightSide

He's playing with people. Unless Kylo has some deep affection towards Snoke = his sugar daddy. He has pretty clearly fascination with Rey but if he said anything that points towards Reylo, he could be in trouble over that. PH is way too smart cat for that.

I do think Kylo is with Rey at some point working together, after Luke is not the shiny knight Rey thought he is and she would have to work with Kylo. Get to know him. I can see and it would be thematically approapriate to see Kylo flying MF at some point and with Rey as the bonus. Considering how much Kylo hated Han, it would be poetic if the decided at the end ot fly with MF.
@DarthRen

It'd be poetic if the thing that ends up giving him freedom is flying off in the Millennium Falcon. It'd hark back on what LST said about Kylo not being able to deny who his family is and where he came from. The more he tries to deny it, the more detrimental it is to him.
@nemapasara

Slightly OT: LOOK HOW MAJESTIC IS THAT HAIR FLIP IN YOUR SIGNATURE GIF OMG
@Maria Antonietta

Agree but one thing I wonder about that scene is, Kylo doesn't seem like he wants to kill her but that clip looks like he was trying to take her head off.
@ReyofLightSide

Don't worry, it's like a dance Wink
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2790
Likes : 12391
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 33
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Saracene on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 4:54 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:What are the chances that Rey and Kylo take off on their own by the end of the movie?
@Birdwoman

I think that, after sharing scenes in TLJ,  Rey and Kylo will be separated by the end of the film.

To be honest, I just don't see them a "sexy bickering" kind of romance, there's just way too much heavy stuff involved.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2355
Likes : 15115
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Kessel on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:21 pm

Wasn't there a supposed spoiler/rumor that TLJ ends with Rey back in the custody of the FO/Kylo for some unknown reason?

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1941
Likes : 13609
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:24 pm

Kessel89 wrote:Wasn't there a supposed spoiler/rumor that TLJ ends with Rey back in the custody of the FO/Kylo for some unknown reason?
@Kessel89

Yes. It was from a poster on another site who's gotten at least one thing right (Kylo coming to Ahch-To, Kylo and Rey sharing scenes there...before it broke anywhere else) but whose overall reliability is still undetermined.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:25 pm

Kessel89 wrote:Wasn't there a supposed spoiler/rumor that TLJ ends with Rey back in the custody of the FO/Kylo for some unknown reason?
@Kessel89

Yes. Yes, there was. Perhaps Rey and Ren, while flying the Falcon, end up back in FO custody and Ren has to fake that he's kidnapped her (also leaving the audience with the cliffhanger of "did he or didn't he trick her?")
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11122
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Guest on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:48 pm

From engaging with some of the most vocal Star Wars fans on Twitter the consensus there seems to be PT = Anakin messing everything up and getting the Jedi stuff wrong & OT = Luke getting it right and bringing the Jedi back to where they should be. They think The Last Jedi will be Luke having a little wobble before Rey restores his faith and makes him believe the Jedi were a great bunch of lads and lasses again. It's got to be more profound than that, even if Star Wars is for 12-year-olds. Kids can handle deep concepts no problem, it's the adults who get their ideas set in stone! Anyway, there is no room in this for what Kylo might bring to the table other than, like Anakin, he's just wrong and a saboteur of good clean Jedi living. Also, why should Rey be so invested in the Jedi at this point? I guess it might be a romantic notion to her based on the legends she heard on Jakku but will it match the reality? It also presumes Luke is 100% blameless in all this and if it wasn't for his pesky naughty nephew everything would've been hunky dory at his Jedi bible camp. I don't foresee a character assassination here as Rian Johnson admitted that Luke is his favourite Star Wars character, but there's got to be something deeper going on here, surely. I am sceptical that the ST will do away with the Jedi, they're just too intrinsic and iconic a part of George Lucas' vision. I don't see it being a case of business as usual with Rey getting Luke back to the same old same old, though. If there is nothing wrong with the Jedi as they stand (as some fans claim) why do they keep falling apart? There is still room for the classic interpretation of the Jedi anyway, no matter what emerges with Luke, Rey and Kylo. We only have to look at how different religious groups interpret the bible. The conflict will never be completely solved or else there would be no more stories to tell.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:54 pm

@Saracene wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:What are the chances that Rey and Kylo take off on their own by the end of the movie?
@Birdwoman

I think that, after sharing scenes in TLJ,  Rey and Kylo will be separated by the end of the film.

To be honest, I just don't see them a "sexy bickering" kind of romance, there's just way too much heavy stuff involved.
@Saracene

Well, I would not see a Han/Leia bickering but he seems to be quite good at saying/doing the wrong thing at the wrong time in a nerdy way and she can be quite snappish so that is an interesting combination for a bickering scene which I would not see as sexy bickering, but as a "cleaning the air" bickering that can still bring some smiles on the audience's faces. We shall see.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1926
Likes : 9507
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by MindAndMagic on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:55 pm

@Saracene wrote:
To be honest, I just don't see them a "sexy bickering" kind of romance, there's just way too much heavy stuff involved.
@Saracene

Agreed. I know we as fans have all kinds of fun headcanons, but realistically I don't see such dialogue or even any cutesy moments between them. Their dynamic is very different from Finn and Rey's, it bears the central drama of the plot. They are also very different from Han and Leia and more similar to Anakin and Padme, thematically at least. After all, we know they'll spend at least the first half of the film as enemies, having another clash, they'll have to deal with the barrier between them and establish a mutual understanding first and foremost. Anything too playful would feel out of place, although I can imagine Rey or Kylo making some snarky remarks once they are on the same side or if they find themselves in a life-threatening situation and have to defend each other (which I totally see happening in IX, especially if they confront Snoke together). Other than that, just like I refrain from overromanticizing their relationship in TFA despite the undeniable tension, I don't have any expectations for this type of dialogue in the future. FinnRose would be much better suited for that depending on how they choose to go about it. IMO the latter will be a perfect mixture of dramatic and humorous.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 516
Likes : 5322
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-22
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:From engaging with some of the most vocal Star Wars fans on Twitter the consensus there seems to be PT = Anakin messing everything up and getting the Jedi stuff wrong & OT = Luke getting it right and bringing the Jedi back to where they should be. They think The Last Jedi will be Luke having a little wobble before Rey restores his faith and makes him believe the Jedi were a great bunch of lads and lasses again. It's got to be more profound than that, even if Star Wars is for 12-year-olds. Kids can handle deep concepts no problem, it's the adults who get their ideas set in stone! Anyway, there is no room in this for what Kylo might bring to the table other than, like Anakin, he's just wrong and a saboteur of good clean Jedi living. Also, why should Rey be so invested in the Jedi at this point? I guess it might be a romantic notion to her based on the legends she heard on Jakku but will it match the reality? It also presumes Luke is 100% blameless in all this and if it wasn't for his pesky naughty nephew everything would've been hunky dory at his Jedi bible camp. I don't foresee a character assassination here as Rian Johnson admitted that Luke is his favourite Star Wars character, but there's got to be something more profound going on here, surely. I am sceptical that the ST will do away with the Jedi, they're just too intrinsic and iconic a part of George Lucas' vision. I don't see it being a case of business as usual with Rey getting Luke back to the same old same old, though. If there is nothing wrong with the Jedi as they stand (as some fans claim) why do they keep falling apart? There is still room for the classic interpretation of the Jedi anyway, no matter what emerges with Luke, Rey and Kylo. We only have to look at how different religious books interpret the bible. The conflict will never be completely solved or else there would be no more stories to tell.



@Mrs Ben Solo

I've listened to the latest fangirl podcast (I really enjoy them, Tricia and her colleagues) and the guy said: "So, the next movie will focus on Luke and Rey, it's their movie". No, it's not. It's not like Luke, Rey is the heroine, not the hero. It's different. Luke is the older generation. He's the powerless father, he's gonna be depressed or angry, or both. And Rey cannot stay there with him forever, she needs to get away from that old authoritative, patriarchal dude. It's not about him anymore. And to quote ex. producer Rick Carter: "It's the story of 2 people". These 2 people are Rey and Ren, not Rey and anyone else. So I know what you're talking about. Everybody saying: "Luke will be disillusioned and Rey will persuade him to restore the Jedi Order". mmmh I don't think so.
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2790
Likes : 12391
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 33
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 6:03 pm

Wasn't there a rumor at one point Rey will be emotionally hurt and go back to Jakku?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1230
Likes : 5405
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by MeadowofAshes on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 6:06 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:Wasn't there a rumor at one point Rey will be emotionally hurt and go back to Jakku?
@Birdwoman

I don't remember if that rumor involved Rey going back to Jakku (I know several of us here have said it'd be hilarious for Finn to have to go back with her at some point Laughing). But Daisy did say Rey would be put through the emotional wringer.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 11122
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 6:12 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:Wasn't there a supposed spoiler/rumor that TLJ ends with Rey back in the custody of the FO/Kylo for some unknown reason?
@Kessel89

Yes. Yes, there was. Perhaps Rey and Ren, while flying the Falcon, end up back in FO custody and Ren has to fake that he's kidnapped her (also leaving the audience with the cliffhanger of "did he or didn't he trick her?")
@MeadowofAshes

I think that's a very plausible ending possibility. And I think the odds of an ending like that happening skyrocket if they've kissed and/or Rey has started to return his feelings before the end of TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 14

Post by Helix on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm

It's about Rey, Kylo, and Luke, but mostly the Kylo/Rey thing. Other pretty reliable leaks tell us that much. Luke already had his time in the lime light, now the story is about Rey coming in and helping him and Kylo see the errors of their ways after whatever happened at Old Uncle Luke's Bible Camp. Clearly both of them messed up and need help getting back on the right path. I think Luke is far from blameless and I think some of this 'crazy, darker' Luke stuff may have emerged before the whole debacle with the Padawans and Ben.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2506
Likes : 10490
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum