ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 10:00 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:The Knights of Ren are relic hunters, they would be looking for more than one saber and Maz stole Anakins so... Ewan was called in at the last minute but Obi talking to Rey was well planned out, James Arnold Taylor recorded Obi's voice for the vision first.
@spacebaby45678

Still doesn't mean he's speaking to her because she's his granddaughter for definite in my opinion. Seems like objects and relics strong in the force "influence" or "echo" things in this new continuity. Since Obi-Wan was the guardian of the saber and of the Skywalkers for a long time, maybe Rey touching the lightsaber called to and summon Obi-Wan's spirit and since he is one with the Force and in a sort of "cosmic force space" (where force ghosts are in death) and know everything about the past, present and future, he would know Rey's future and the future of the Skywalkers, hence he could be speaking to Rey because he knows her destiny - a destiny that's "intertwined" with Kylo Ren and destined to bring the broken family back together - she is a scavenger who finds and mends things after all.
@AppleCrumble122

I know that I am a firm Kenobist, but I did not mention Rey being a Kenobi in this post, these are two separate issues. Obi talking to Rey, whichever actor, Alec, Ewan, or James, was well planned out way ahead of time, it was not a last minute throw in. That is all, whatever that means, an echo of Ghost Obi or Obi related to Rey.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 BVmDvJW
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 10:35 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:And to add to the confusion- the drawings of the KOR show that at least one has a light saber in his/her possession.
@ReyofLightSide

Lmao and the guy stabbed looks like a KOR with his cloaks

Jebus...right I'm done lol. It will be what it will be

Anakins

Obis

Or not even in the movie cuz it's old sith
@Gemini

If Kylo is holding Anakin's saber in Rey's vision, why bother to cut that scene out? Kylo says during the snow fight, "that light saber, it belongs to me!" It would in fact add to the continuity and make that moment more meaningful. But who knows, we shall see.
What is the secret? What would be the point?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 1:33 am

Look, that graphic novel was apparently published in Brazil first, then in Germany last October. The UK version took several months to appear, and it looks like the US version doesn't even have a release date yet. I read the German version, and felt it was clearly based on the junior novelisation.

This is why I don't look for any sort of clues in the comic adaptations. Lucasfilm are not going to tell Marvel artists any spoilers about future plot points in the trilogy; even less so to Italian comic book artists working for a Brazilian publishing company. What happens is that the artists are given the film, and probably the novelisation, and told, "here, turn this into a comic book". I'm pretty sure that's it. They're putting their own spin on something that's already there.

As for Egmont, they're a reputable company but that doesn't make them a reliable about canon facts. They also published Star Wars Graphics, which had that list of midi-chlorian counts we discussed here earlier. Well, the list was apparently made up by some guy called Supershadow, a sort of helmet faker/Mike Zeroh of his day. The person compiling Star Wars Graphics must have found that list online and assumed it was legit. Which is kind of embarrassing.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:14 am

1. While other media like books, comics etc are also canon, PH has confirmed that in case of any discrepancy the movie prevails. Hence any depictions in comics and graphic novels will not overwrite what was shown in the movie.

"the novel is finished before the movie. So it will never be the same. Where the movie differs, it wins."

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/678680351951085568

2.  Now regarding what is depicted in movies vs. trailer, as I have mentioned before, there were several scenes in the RO trailer that never made it to the movie and those scenes aren't canon either.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/818593436567736322

This second lightsaber similarly appeared in the trailer but did not appear in the movie, hence it is a deleted scene. It has been confirmed that deleted scenes in movies are not canon. PH has also confirmed there was nothing in Kylo's left hand in Rey's vision.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/831897036152664065

A similar confusion took place regarding jedi master Shaak Ti's death where TCW depicted Anakin killing her and a deleted scene in ROTS depicted Gen. Grievous killing her. It was confirmed that the TCW scene was the canon death and the deleted scene from ROTS wasn't canon.

So in the case of Rey's vision in TFA, we should go with what was shown in the movie version of Rey's vision and not the trailer.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 87fafd659d175ed06288f396a636c0d45cef55ae_hq
Non canon death in ROTS by Gen. Grievous's lightsaber

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 E66765cde1ae21af83bf58892e069aaa7339e579_hq
Canon death in TCW with Anakin's lightsaber

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:41 am

@spacebaby45678 I know you didn't. But I know it's one of the reasons why you think it which is valid, and I'm just giving you my valid speculation on why I think Kenobi spoke to Rey. Anyway, thanks for the tweet - I did not know that and it does indeed prove it was planned ahead of time when I though it wasn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 5:20 am

Btw look at that third panel "I'm not giving you anything...We'll see" *literally on top of her* reys change of face in that panel when he's so close, lmao Shocked

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Img_4114
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 6:38 am

@Gemini wrote:Btw look at that third panel "I'm not giving you anything...We'll see" *literally on top of her* reys change of face in that panel when he's so close, lmao Shocked

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Img_4114
@Gemini

OMG lol!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:18 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Look, that graphic novel was apparently published in Brazil first, then in Germany last October. The UK version took several months to appear, and it looks like the US version doesn't even have a release date yet. I read the German version, and felt it was clearly based on the junior novelisation.

This is why I don't look for any sort of clues in the comic adaptations. Lucasfilm are not going to tell Marvel artists any spoilers about future plot points in the trilogy; even less so to Italian comic book artists working for a Brazilian publishing company. What happens is that the artists are given the film, and probably the novelisation, and told, "here, turn this into a comic book". I'm pretty sure that's it. They're putting their own spin on something that's already there.

As for Egmont, they're a reputable company but that doesn't make them a reliable about canon facts. They also published Star Wars Graphics, which had that list of midi-chlorian counts we discussed here earlier. Well, the list was apparently made up by some guy called Supershadow, a sort of helmet faker/Mike Zeroh of his day. The person compiling Star Wars Graphics must have found that list online and assumed it was legit. Which is kind of embarrassing.
@Darth Dingbat

I wasn't aware the medochlorian list that came out last year was debunked. I'm a numbers person, so that's kind of disappointing. I loved that Chewie *just* met the minimum count to be a Jedi. Oh well...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:30 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Look, that graphic novel was apparently published in Brazil first, then in Germany last October. The UK version took several months to appear, and it looks like the US version doesn't even have a release date yet. I read the German version, and felt it was clearly based on the junior novelisation.

@Darth Dingbat

I wasn't aware the medochlorian list that came out last year was debunked. I'm a numbers person, so that's kind of disappointing. I loved that Chewie *just* met the minimum count to be a Jedi. Oh well...
@IoJovi

Well, as far as I know, it hasn't been "officially" debunked, as in by Pablo or someone. Would be quite interesting if someone were to ask Pablo how in the world that kind of shady information found its way to an official book.

But yeah, those numbers apparently came from this guy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SuperShadow
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 2:19 pm

Any mention of midichlorians automatically makes me think of the phone hacking episode of Parks and Recreation- where Leslie and Donna trick the local news reporter who's been doing it by planting a story about how the town's playground is dangerous for children because of the high midichlorian count in the sandbox.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:14 pm

@IoJovi wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@IoJovi

I'm disappointed too - I was the one who posted about the midichlorians on here Neutral Embarassed Shy Dunno Triste I mean I didn't take it as gospel but as it was in an officially released book I took it at some sort of value.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:18 pm

@Rogue Rey wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@IoJovi

I'm disappointed too - I was the one who posted about the midichlorians on here Neutral Embarassed Shy Dunno Triste I mean I didn't take it as gospel but as it was in an officially released book I took it at some sort of value.
@Rogue Rey

Oh, definitely! I find it very, very odd that something like that slipped into an official book. What's the point of an infographics book if the statistics therein are meaningless?

Makes me question the value of all "official" reference books and the like, frankly.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@IoJovi

@Rogue Rey

Oh, definitely! I find it very, very odd that something like that slipped into an official book. What's the point of an infographics book if the statistics therein are meaningless?

Makes me question the value of all "official" reference books and the like, frankly.
@Darth Dingbat

I'm starting to think that the books in general (outside of the ones that Pablo writes and the new canon novels) don't get a lot of review. Remember that the two novelizations for TFA weren't reviewed by anyone at LF before their release...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I wasn't aware the medochlorian list that came out last year was debunked.  I'm a numbers person, so that's kind of disappointing.  I loved that Chewie *just* met the minimum count to be a Jedi.  Oh well...
@IoJovi

I'm disappointed too - I was the one who posted about the midichlorians on here :| :oops: :shy: :dunno: :triste: I mean I didn't take it as gospel but as it was in an officially released book I took it at some sort of value.
@Rogue Rey

@Darth Dingbat

I have a previous job on my CV where the company had a major licensing deal with LF to use all of SW and Raiders for new product rollouts. This was prior to the Disney sale, so it wasn't exactly for a family friendly line of products. Though it was definitely meant to cash in on adult nostalgia. We never had anybody from LF showing up to check if the products were the dreaded 'canon.' But since then, I figure that like our other NorCal big name in pop culture, Charles Schultz and Peanuts, anything LF related starts as art and more importantly becomes a product line.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 6:56 pm

Laughing Laughing ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Screen11
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 7:06 pm

I love Mark so much Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 9:43 pm

jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 3:40 pm

In the last thread you were analysing the official poster for the 4th anniversary. It was real fun to read everything you saw there. It also made me think of something that may be crazy over-reaching but ... perhaps not so much. It's about the original trio and the ST trio as it appears in the poster, I mean Rey, Finn and Poe. The original trio was Luke, Han and Leia and we saw how Han and Leia linked their lives due to romantic love whereas the most important relationship for Luke, the main hero, was with the main antagonist, someone who he was also linked to by love, father-son love in this case. And this relationship was the most important one plotwise in the OT. The most important themes were also attached to it in the form of familial love, forgiveness and redemption.

In the ST, we have a heroine and two allies on her side, who may be linked by love too, perhaps just a bromance, which is not unimportant, but could be even more so if they decided to explore the possibility. And again, the hero, heroine in this case, has a crucial relationship with TFA's antagonist, Kylo Ren. This time it won't be familial love what joins them but romantic love, and this love once again wil become a vehicle to enable redemption for the antagonist, Kylo/Ben.

In the OT Luke and Vader ended up on the same side and defeating the Big Baddie, Palpatine. This time Rey and Kylo might join forces to finish Snoke. It would make sense.

This goes quite well with the poster and the dynamics we have seen so far. It would go really well with LF's love of parallelisms and ring composition too.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Img_0510
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:22 pm

Our resident Lil Kylo artist is part of an Oscar-winning team! Congratulations Brian Kesinger! (and he totally ships Reylo)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRBwtSThDCz/?taken-by=briankesinger

Now draw some more Lil Kylo with Lil Rey. Love
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 3:46 am

unfinished business

unfinished
free web image

There is also a short story published at starwars.com
Read Scorched, a Short Story Tie-In to Claudia Gray’s Bloodline

http://www.starwars.com/news/read-scorched-a-short-story-tie-in-to-claudia-grays-bloodline?cmp=smc%7C820983200

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Scorched-3-1024x419
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 5:40 pm

@SkyStar wrote:unfinished business

unfinished
free web image

There is also a short story published at starwars.com
Read Scorched, a Short Story Tie-In to Claudia Gray’s Bloodline

http://www.starwars.com/news/read-scorched-a-short-story-tie-in-to-claudia-grays-bloodline?cmp=smc%7C820983200

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Scorched-3-1024x419
@SkyStar

Yes, that little issue of your grandchildren fighting each other

Make love not war man!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:14 am

For those of you lately who've been re-watching Raiders, thought this was worth sharing. Not saying it has anything to do with future plot points, just the RJ's thoughts on the movie and its screenplay/story

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 3 Screen14

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:40 am

@snufkin wrote:For those of you lately who've been re-watching Raiders, thought this was worth sharing. Not saying it has anything to do with future plot points, just the RJ's thoughts on the movie and its screenplay/story

@snufkin

Indy fails at everything he does... isn't that a typical Solo trait? ;P (LIKE FATHER LIKE SON I'M TELLING YOU)
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:52 am

@Irina de France wrote:
@snufkin wrote:For those of you lately who've been re-watching Raiders, thought this was worth sharing. Not saying it has anything to do with future plot points, just the RJ's thoughts on the movie and its screenplay/story

@snufkin

Indy fails at everything he does... isn't that a typical Solo trait? ;P (LIKE FATHER LIKE SON I'M TELLING YOU)
@Irina de France

While re-watching the movie I was thinking, that if Kylo and Rey will be searching trough temple together and they encounter snakes, then it would be probably Kylo screaming or keeping up with the straight face while being absolutely terrified, because obviously Rey grew up on the desert planet and probably is not afraid of snakes. Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 7:47 am

@snufkin

On the ESB blu-ray release, there's an interview with Kasdan in which he describes the writer's job as it pertains to the protagonist of a story: as a writer you create a protagonist, string them up in a tree, and throw rocks at them. Razz
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum