ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 8:27 am

About Rian's influences:

A friend showed me some excerpts of Letter Never Sent yesterday and while I'm often skeptical when it comes to out-of-context parallels, that movie is VERY similar to Rey & Kylo's dynamic and a lot of scenes reminded me of their interactions in The Force Awakens. I'm very confident that their dynamic is still a top priority for the story.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1286
Likes : 10261
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 28
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 8:34 am

@Piper Maru wrote:About Rian's influences:

A friend showed me some excerpts of Letter Never Sent yesterday and while I'm often skeptical when it comes to out-of-context parallels, that movie is VERY similar to Rey & Kylo's dynamic and a lot of scenes reminded me of their interactions in The Force Awakens. I'm very confident that their dynamic is still a top priority for the story.
@Piper Maru

Their dynamic will be definitely the main story of the Force plot of ST. No doubt at that.
The only question is what will be the main cause of the deeper conflict - would they go with the full romance Reylo or something more subtle - how much I would love to see romance - I tend to believe it would rather be something more spiritual and subtle - probably evolving in the full romance at the end of the trilogy.
Kylo's redemption is the clue for anything else to happen afterwords.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by SkyStar on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 9:25 am

Growing up in the post-soviet country I have never encountered Letter Never Sent, can't explain why, but a lot of more mainstream movies where played on TV. Need to watch it this evening. The french poster looks interesting though (with the bridal carry):
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 1959_neotpravlennoe_pismo
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1386
Likes : 6384
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 28
Localisation : Latvia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 9:42 am

I have just finished watching the Masterpiece/ITV version of Victoria. I loved how the director used UST during the interactions between Victoria and Melbourne (even though I know that in real life this dynamic did not exist between Victoria and her Prime Minister) and with Albert, which they went on to fall in love and get married. I am hoping for that slow burn, tension filled romance for Kylo and Rey. It was fun and entertaining to watch the relationships unfold like that....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1182
Likes : 5151
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

@SkyStar wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:
@snufkin wrote:For those of you lately who've been re-watching Raiders, thought this was worth sharing. Not saying it has anything to do with future plot points, just the RJ's thoughts on the movie and its screenplay/story

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Screen14


@snufkin

Indy fails at everything he does... isn't that a typical Solo trait? ;P (LIKE FATHER LIKE SON I'M TELLING YOU)
@Irina de France

While re-watching the movie I was thinking, that if Kylo and Rey will be searching trough temple together and they encounter snakes, then it would be probably Kylo screaming or keeping up with the straight face while being absolutely terrified, because obviously Rey grew up on the desert planet and probably is not afraid of snakes. Very Happy

@Irina de France - Not for nothing the comment has been made here that the reason why Kylo is terrible at being a villain is that he takes after his old man. Who is introduced in the first movie as a smug and cocky criminal who's f***ing up at his job.

@SkyStar - Whatever's hidden in Jakku and they go looking for it, it'll be a test of the both of them individually and having to work together. And no doubt she's the better skillset for dealing with that situation thanks to growing up on Jakku. Maybe there will be a moment where they go from her feeling like he's the monster she has to face to realizing that there are other monsters that they're going to have to face together (either that or I'll fall back on my dumb joke that there's an Ikea hidden on Jakku and they have to survive shopping there and putting together some furniture without destroying each other).

Also as a lifelong film nerd, I LOVE the fact that Rian Johnson has dropped all of these classic and non-English language film influences into the coverage so far. Maybe it'll inspire some people to go watch them and get interested in movies outside of the Star Wars box (and the OT itself borrowed from influences like David Lean and Akira Kurosawa).

@Armadeus - my dream ST boxset would've had interviews with both him and Carrie Fisher about their writing/influence on the story and characters. And I'd love to know the specifics of what he expanded on or changed from Leigh Brackett's original story and screenplay. But the quote about ESB is that it's meant to also show the characters being tested in order to bring out more about who they are as people and their relationships. Which sure, so many fans have jumped on his "dark and weird" quote to justify their beliefs that certain plot points are going to happen (like "he's going to get eeeeevvvilller"). But the main comment from both the actors and writer/director is that TLJ will put them through their paces into tight situations where the characters are tested to learn who they are at their core. Or the "humanity" quote and the "how are people going to react to Rey doing _____" quotes.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

@SkyStar wrote:Growing up in the post-soviet country I have never encountered Letter Never Sent, can't explain why, but a lot of more mainstream movies where played on TV. Need to watch it this evening. The french poster looks interesting though (with the bridal carry):
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 1959_neotpravlennoe_pismo
@SkyStar

You might enjoy reading @nonesuch's analysis about its possible influence, which got a thumbs up from Rian Johnson, among other people : ).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by SkyStar on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 4:03 pm

@snufkin

Thank you for the link - it is always a pleasure to read a well thought out analysis. : )

I watched the movie and I did really enjoy the camera work and the overall atmosphere. After watching the movie I read an interview with Sergei Urusevski, the operator of the movie, and he admitted Letter Never Sent being one of two movies he himself liked the most. He said that whole concept of LNS was poetic, but in the same time there was still something missing, something unfinished. He wanted the viewer to become a participant in the expedition, he himself felt like an actor, showing emotional reaction to the events through the camera work, there was also a lot of improvising.

Nature really is changed, to show the depth of the human emotion. Even the seasons change illogically. When the expedition wants to return, it is cold autumn, bet when Tanya and Andrei finds diamonds - they are running in spring time because hope is found again. Sergei Urusevski found it strange that nobody saw this while watching the movie. Nature as a way to show human raw amotions reminds me of short stories by Ivan Bunin Dark alleys, where all the thunderstorms are associated with raw passion and love.
I would love Kylo to bring the bad weather to the island.

Speaking of the love triangle. Probably cliche, but while watching the movie I felt like yes, Sergei was similar to Kylo Ren - a brutal strength, mysterious predator. Though Andrei I saw more similar to how Kylo sees Ben Solo - weak and foolish. Sergei even pushes Andrei into lake while being enraged that Tanya is in love with this "weak" man. That happens after Andrei says that humans are different from animals in the way that they oppress their desires.

I felt like Tanya was fascinated by both of them, but Sergei was scary to her in the comparison of softer sided Andrei. I could speculate that it could be similar with Rey. She was afraid of Kylo, but was intrigued when she met Ben Solo, while going into Kylos mind.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1386
Likes : 6384
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 28
Localisation : Latvia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 4:13 pm

@SkyStar wrote:Thank you for the link - it is always a pleasure to read a well thought out analysis. : )

I watched the movie and I did really enjoy the camera work and the overall atmosphere. After watching the movie I read an interview with Sergei Urusevski, the operator of the movie, and he admitted Letter Never Sent being one of two movies he himself liked the most. He said that whole concept of LNS was poetic, but in the same time there was still something missing, something unfinished. He wanted the viewer to become a participant in the expedition, he himself felt like an actor, showing emotional reaction to the events through the camera work, there was also a lot of improvising.

Nature really is changed, to show the depth of the human emotion. Even the seasons change illogically. When the expedition wants to return, it is cold autumn, bet when Tanya and Andrei finds diamonds - they are running in spring time because hope is found again. Sergei Urusevski found it strange that nobody saw this while watching the movie. Nature as a way to show human raw amotions reminds me of short stories by Ivan Bunin Dark alleys, where all the thunderstorms are associated with raw passion and love.
I would love Kylo to bring the bad weather to the island.

Speaking of the love triangle. Probably cliche, but while watching the movie I felt like yes, Sergei was similar to Kylo Ren - a brutal strength, mysterious predator. Though Andrei I saw more similar to how Kylo sees Ben Solo - weak and foolish. Sergei even pushes Andrei into lake while being enraged that Tanya is in love with this "weak" man. That happens after Andrei says that humans are different from animals in the way that they oppress their desires.

I felt like Tanya was fascinated by both of them, but Sergei was scary to her in the comparison of softer sided Andrei. I could speculate that it could be similar with Rey. She was afraid of Kylo, but was intrigued when she met Ben Solo, while going into Kylos mind.
@SkyStar wrote:@snufkin

Thank you for the link - it is always a pleasure to read a well thought out analysis. : )

I watched the movie and I did really enjoy the camera work and the overall atmosphere. After watching the movie I read an interview with Sergei Urusevski, the operator of the movie, and he admitted Letter Never Sent being one of two movies he himself liked the most. He said that whole concept of LNS was poetic, but in the same time there was still something missing, something unfinished. He wanted the viewer to become a participant in the expedition, he himself felt like an actor, showing emotional reaction to the events through the camera work, there was also a lot of improvising.

Nature really is changed, to show the depth of the human emotion. Even the seasons change illogically. When the expedition wants to return, it is cold autumn, bet when Tanya and Andrei finds diamonds - they are running in spring time because hope is found again. Sergei Urusevski found it strange that nobody saw this while watching the movie. Nature as a way to show human raw amotions reminds me of short stories by Ivan Bunin Dark alleys, where all the thunderstorms are associated with raw passion and love.
I would love Kylo to bring the bad weather to the island.

Speaking of the love triangle. Probably cliche, but while watching the movie I felt like yes, Sergei was similar to Kylo Ren - a brutal strength, mysterious predator. Though Andrei I saw more similar to how Kylo sees Ben Solo - weak and foolish. Sergei even pushes Andrei into lake while being enraged that Tanya is in love with this "weak" man. That happens after Andrei says that humans are different from animals in the way that they oppress their desires.

I felt like Tanya was fascinated by both of them, but Sergei was scary to her in the comparison of softer sided Andrei. I could speculate that it could be similar with Rey. She was afraid of Kylo, but was intrigued when she met Ben Solo, while going into Kylos mind.
@SkyStar


Thanks for sharing the essay you read, that's additional great insight. We know from the details about IMAX cameras being used in Ireland that the scenes on Ache-to will be on an epic scale, including the role nature plays in the story and represents the themes and characters. And you're right about the two male characters who orbit around Tanya likely comparing most to the split in one man, between the strong public face he presents as Kylo Ren and the internal, "weak and foolish" Ben Solo he claims to destroy. It's not a coincidence that he first shows his face to Rey - she sees the man behind the mask and the man inside of him. That's hopefully a theme they'll explore and likely the reason why she's supposedly reluctant to kill him and possibly also willing to work with him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by SkyStar on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

@snufkin


There was also a diary that was written while filming.
A lot of interesting things there - the filming was extreme and dangerous. Some scenes they filmed in November in minus 40-50 Celsius. So they held camera under their furs, because it got frozen up after 20 frames. Also the male actors refused to use body doubles, so all of the freezing, burning etc they felt for real.

The scenes with the plane was incredibly shaky and all the actors got sick after that and the director even kind of joked in the diary, that it is a good thing they don't shoot in color, because the actors faces have gotten green from the nausea.

For the forest fire scene, they literally burned down whole forest, smeared the trees with petrol. Sergei Pavlovich, the operator wanted to film the burning fire by standing inside of it. So they wrapped him like a doll in asbestos and basically put him in the fire. The operator got caught on fire, but meanwhile was angry, because others where putting down the fire, hitting him on the back, but he was angry that they are not letting him to finish the filming. Also, the actress that was playing Tanya got her hands burned pretty bad and the director thought it is awful, because for her next scenes he could not use body double, he needed her.

It is stated, that the movie was quite criticized at the time - critics didn't like that there are no character development, siluetes used instead of people, suggested to write more dialogues.
Though for the makers of the movie it was not supposed to be a domestic movie - it was supposed to serve as a poem, a hyperbole.

Also there is more to it, but probably needs more time to translate etc.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1386
Likes : 6384
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 28
Localisation : Latvia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

@SkyStar wrote:@snufkin


There was also a diary that was written while filming.
A lot of interesting things there - the filming was extreme and dangerous. Some scenes they filmed in November in minus 40-50 Celsius. So they held camera under their furs, because it got frozen up after 20 frames. Also the male actors refused to use body doubles, so all of the freezing, burning etc they felt for real.

The scenes with the plane was incredibly shaky and all the actors got sick after that and the director even kind of joked in the diary, that it is a good thing they don't shoot in color, because the actors faces have gotten green from the nausea.

For the forest fire scene, they literally burned down whole forest, smeared the trees with petrol. Sergei Pavlovich, the operator wanted to film the burning fire by standing inside of it. So they wrapped him like a doll in asbestos and basically put him in the fire. The operator got caught on fire, but meanwhile was angry, because others where putting down the fire, hitting him on the back, but he was angry that they are not letting him to finish the filming. Also, the actress that was playing Tanya got her hands burned pretty bad and the director thought it is awful, because for her next scenes he could not use body double, he needed her.

It is stated, that the movie was quite criticized at the time - critics didn't like that there are no character development, siluetes used instead of people, suggested to write more dialogues.
Though for the makers of the movie it was not supposed to be a domestic movie - it was supposed to serve as a poem, a hyperbole.

Also there is more to it, but probably needs more time to translate etc.

@SkyStar

Thanks for that information, Russian is definitely not one of the languages I read. I did take a class in undergraduate on Soviet era film and this was definitely not a film or filmmaker included in the curriculum. So while I remember Vertov and Eisenstein from that class, we definitely did not see Letter Never Sent or learn about Kalatozov's films. Although that might be because he came from a later point in history than the other two.


snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by SkyStar on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 5:37 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:@snufkin


There was also a diary that was written while filming.
A lot of interesting things there - the filming was extreme and dangerous. Some scenes they filmed in November in minus 40-50 Celsius. So they held camera under their furs, because it got frozen up after 20 frames. Also the male actors refused to use body doubles, so all of the freezing, burning etc they felt for real.

The scenes with the plane was incredibly shaky and all the actors got sick after that and the director even kind of joked in the diary, that it is a good thing they don't shoot in color, because the actors faces have gotten green from the nausea.

For the forest fire scene, they literally burned down whole forest, smeared the trees with petrol. Sergei Pavlovich, the operator wanted to film the burning fire by standing inside of it. So they wrapped him like a doll in asbestos and basically put him in the fire. The operator got caught on fire, but meanwhile was angry, because others where putting down the fire, hitting him on the back, but he was angry that they are not letting him to finish the filming. Also, the actress that was playing Tanya got her hands burned pretty bad and the director thought it is awful, because for her next scenes he could not use body double, he needed her.

It is stated, that the movie was quite criticized at the time - critics didn't like that there are no character development, siluetes used instead of people, suggested to write more dialogues.
Though for the makers of the movie it was not supposed to be a domestic movie - it was supposed to serve as a poem, a hyperbole.

Also there is more to it, but probably needs more time to translate etc.

@SkyStar

Thanks for that information, Russian is definitely not one of the languages I read. I did take a class in undergraduate on Soviet era film and this was definitely not a film or filmmaker included in the curriculum. So while I remember Vertov and Eisenstein from that class, we definitely did not see Letter Never Sent or learn about Kalatozov's films. Although that might be because he came from a later point in history than the other two.


@snufkin

Yeah, I also took film classes and Kalatzov was never mentioned as well. As it seems that the movie was totally forgotten and only in the 1995 restored and showed in the USA by the financial support of Francis Coppola. That probably explains why Rian Johnson knows about it.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1386
Likes : 6384
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 28
Localisation : Latvia

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by snufkin on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:58 pm

@SkyStar wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:@snufkin


There was also a diary that was written while filming.
A lot of interesting things there - the filming was extreme and dangerous. Some scenes they filmed in November in minus 40-50 Celsius. So they held camera under their furs, because it got frozen up after 20 frames. Also the male actors refused to use body doubles, so all of the freezing, burning etc they felt for real.

The scenes with the plane was incredibly shaky and all the actors got sick after that and the director even kind of joked in the diary, that it is a good thing they don't shoot in color, because the actors faces have gotten green from the nausea.

For the forest fire scene, they literally burned down whole forest, smeared the trees with petrol. Sergei Pavlovich, the operator wanted to film the burning fire by standing inside of it. So they wrapped him like a doll in asbestos and basically put him in the fire. The operator got caught on fire, but meanwhile was angry, because others where putting down the fire, hitting him on the back, but he was angry that they are not letting him to finish the filming. Also, the actress that was playing Tanya got her hands burned pretty bad and the director thought it is awful, because for her next scenes he could not use body double, he needed her.

It is stated, that the movie was quite criticized at the time - critics didn't like that there are no character development, siluetes used instead of people, suggested to write more dialogues.
Though for the makers of the movie it was not supposed to be a domestic movie - it was supposed to serve as a poem, a hyperbole.

Also there is more to it, but probably needs more time to translate etc.

@SkyStar

Thanks for that information, Russian is definitely not one of the languages I read. I did take a class in undergraduate on Soviet era film and this was definitely not a film or filmmaker included in the curriculum. So while I remember Vertov and Eisenstein from that class, we definitely did not see Letter Never Sent or learn about Kalatozov's films. Although that might be because he came from a later point in history than the other two.


@snufkin

Yeah, I also took film classes and Kalatzov was never mentioned as well. As it seems that the movie was totally forgotten and only in the 1995 restored and showed in the USA by the financial support of Francis Coppola. That probably explains why Rian Johnson knows about it.
@SkyStar

You made me curious and yes, it was re-discovered in tandem with The Cranes Are Flying via Coppola and Scorsese and then shown at the Tribeca Film Festival:

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Letter%2BNever%2BSent

Daily Film Dose - Letter Never Sent

For decades, even being a Palme D’Or winner for The Cranes Are Flying, Kalatozov was off the cinematic radar, that is, until the rediscover of I Am Cuba by Martin Scorsese and Francis Coppola and its restoration by Milestone Films in the 90’s. The discovery of that film was akin to finding a Federico Fellini, or Stanley Kubrick toiling away behind the iron curtain unknown to the West. Years later the Criterion Collection restored and released The Cranes Are Flying in 2001. Looking on Kalatozov’s filmography I knew of the Letter Never Sent, released in between these two pictures, which made its unavailability immensely frustrating. A few years ago a print of Letter played at the Tribeca Film Festival, but it still remained unavailable to the public at large - until now.

And this should bode well for the 3 characters in the Force plot, both the interpersonal relationships and the larger adventure/trials they find themselves caught up in. Would imagine that poor Rey has something of a breakdown getting thrown into this situation at the moment when she's finally forced to admit to herself that her parents either abandoned her or were killed before they could return to Jakku

All the while a love triangle brews within the group between Tanya (Samojlova) and her lover Andrei and the forlorn attraction of poor Sergei who desperately pines after Tanya. The juxtaposition of this interpersonal conflict against the background of the most harrowing of climates on earth is staggering. But at all times Kalatozov’s weighs the scales evenly between the human experience and the spectacle of the adventure.

Part of Kalatozov’s modus operandi, which is perhaps why he was persona non grata for so many years, is the strong feelings of patriotism and support of the Soviet socialist agenda. There’s no doubt I Am Cuba is was made under strict propaganda rules. In the Letter Never Sent, the motivation of the four characters to succeed is firmly established for the good of the Soviet people as opposed to personal wealth. And never is there any conflict amongst the group for this. Regardless of one’s politics, their selfless devotion to their cause is so passionate we desperately want our heroes to live and survive.

and devotion to cause dovetails with @ISeeAnIsland's recent observations about Kylo's possible motivation in thinking that his mother was about to be killed and needing to prove himself to Snoke in order to carry out whatever mysterious cause he believes himself to be serving.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by IoJovi on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 7:09 pm

@SkyStar wrote:@snufkin

Thank you for the link - it is always a pleasure to read a well thought out analysis. : )

I watched the movie and I did really enjoy the camera work and the overall atmosphere. After watching the movie I read an interview with Sergei Urusevski, the operator of the movie, and he admitted Letter Never Sent being one of two movies he himself liked the most. He said that whole concept of LNS was poetic, but in the same time there was still something missing, something unfinished. He wanted the viewer to become a participant in the expedition, he himself felt like an actor, showing emotional reaction to the events through the camera work, there was also a lot of improvising.

Nature really is changed, to show the depth of the human emotion. Even the seasons change illogically. When the expedition wants to return, it is cold autumn, bet when Tanya and Andrei finds diamonds - they are running in spring time because hope is found again. Sergei Urusevski found it strange that nobody saw this while watching the movie. Nature as a way to show human raw amotions reminds me of short stories by Ivan Bunin Dark alleys, where all the thunderstorms are associated with raw passion and love.
I would love Kylo to bring the bad weather to the island.

Speaking of the love triangle. Probably cliche, but while watching the movie I felt like yes, Sergei was similar to Kylo Ren - a brutal strength, mysterious predator. Though Andrei I saw more similar to how Kylo sees Ben Solo - weak and foolish. Sergei even pushes Andrei into lake while being enraged that Tanya is in love with this "weak" man. That happens after Andrei says that humans are different from animals in the way that they oppress their desires.

I felt like Tanya was fascinated by both of them, but Sergei was scary to her in the comparison of softer sided Andrei. I could speculate that it could be similar with Rey. She was afraid of Kylo, but was intrigued when she met Ben Solo, while going into Kylos mind.
@SkyStar

What a fantastic take on LNS.  I watched it a year ago in February, and I admit I saw the love triangle between Sergei, Tanya and Andrei possibly representing one between Kylo, Rey and Finn.  Keep in mind this was before there were spoilers coming out that Rey and Kylo would be stranded together on Ach-To and she would share very little, if any screentime with Finn.

Your analysis fits so much better in the grand scheme of things, as I'm sure much of the Force plot will center around Kylo/Ben's war within himself to find out who he really is, and if he can come to find a way to integrate all aspects of himself, the dark and the light.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Rogue Rey on Sun 05 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image14
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image13
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image15
Looks like Obi-wan was being used in promo at the recent toy fair in NYC, this was reported by the Hadsbro twitter about Poe's helmet.  To do with the 40th anniversary of ANH I'm guessing, but just look at that lightsaber hold and stance.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 800
Likes : 3713
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 4:08 am

@Rogue Rey wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image14
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image13
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image15
Looks like Obi-wan was being used in promo at the recent toy fair in NYC, this was reported by the Hadsbro twitter about Poe's helmet.  To do with the 40th anniversary of ANH I'm guessing, but just look at that lightsaber hold and stance.
@Rogue Rey

We have better screen shots of the booth here in the Kenobi Files,

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_om22baDID71v3o2r3o1_540
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_olh36hdKRz1txs23jo1_500

Also a video of the whole Hasbro layout, if anyone is looking for other hints or clues, or just interested in the upcoming offeringS.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2947
Likes : 6858
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Gemini on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 5:08 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image14
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image13
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image15
Looks like Obi-wan was being used in promo at the recent toy fair in NYC, this was reported by the Hadsbro twitter about Poe's helmet.  To do with the 40th anniversary of ANH I'm guessing, but just look at that lightsaber hold and stance.
@Rogue Rey

We have better screen shots of the booth here in the Kenobi Files,

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_om22baDID71v3o2r3o1_540
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tumblr_olh36hdKRz1txs23jo1_500

Also a video of the whole Hasbro layout, if anyone is looking for other hints or clues, or just interested in the upcoming offeringS.

@spacebaby45678

I think hasbro have had an inkling of who she is since the Star Wars celebration in London.


When questioned about the video they were shown by Disney to base their toys on for episode 8, the toy maker for hasbro said they will be making an obi wan toy because of  rey kenobi.

They know and they can't wait to make money off it.

I don't think it's any kind of coincidence that he is depicted with the exact same stance as rey for episode 8. He has the same expression even.

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2432
Likes : 10201
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by jakkusun on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 8:17 pm

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/838917134105382913

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image32
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Image33

I'd want this one, of course. Smile I wonder why Daisy didn't sign it, though?
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 542
Likes : 2810
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Guest on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:37 pm

Rian Johnson tweets that the title 'The Last Jedi' means the final Jedi... as in, no more after that.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tlj-ti10

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Irina de France on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:42 pm

WhatGirl wrote:Rian Johnson tweets that the title 'The Last Jedi' means the final Jedi... as in, no more after that.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tlj-ti10
@WhatGirl

*starts chanting* Grey Jedi... Grey Jedi... Grey Jedi... whatever-the-eff-their-canon-name-will-be...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1947
Likes : 9601
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 23
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:49 pm

WhatGirl wrote:Rian Johnson tweets that the title 'The Last Jedi' means the final Jedi... as in, no more after that.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tlj-ti10
@WhatGirl

Shocked

Well, that's a bit of a spoiler to give out in a tweet.

ETA: I mean, look at any SW forum and most fans seem to have visions of the Jedi order being rebuilt post-ST.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30457
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by panki on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Rian Johnson tweets that the title 'The Last Jedi' means the final Jedi... as in, no more after that.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tlj-ti10
@WhatGirl

Shocked

Well, that's a bit of a spoiler to give out in a tweet.

ETA: I mean, look at any SW forum and most fans seem to have visions of the Jedi order being rebuilt post-ST.
@Darth Dingbat

They're preparing the audience in advance so there are no nasty shocks after months of anticipation. Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm

The Final Jedi!

No more Jedi and their silly codes!

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEZXAGs2Gf_tkgdP2DHqrpluobcjn5BLC7u9D0UeN4twBr9ppWOcQntNjH
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Guest on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:10 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Rian Johnson tweets that the title 'The Last Jedi' means the final Jedi... as in, no more after that.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tlj-ti10
@WhatGirl

Shocked

Well, that's a bit of a spoiler to give out in a tweet.

ETA: I mean, look at any SW forum and most fans seem to have visions of the Jedi order being rebuilt post-ST.
@Darth Dingbat

Yeah, I personally hoped/imagined Rey and Ben would build a new order of Jedi together.

Perhaps this means a future of Force users accepting both the light and darkness in themselves.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Kessel on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:Rian Johnson tweets that the title 'The Last Jedi' means the final Jedi... as in, no more after that.

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Tlj-ti10
@WhatGirl

Shocked

Well, that's a bit of a spoiler to give out in a tweet.

ETA: I mean, look at any SW forum and most fans seem to have visions of the Jedi order being rebuilt post-ST.
@Darth Dingbat

Yeah, I personally hoped/imagined Rey and Ben would build a new order of Jedi together.

Perhaps this means a future of Force users accepting both the light and darkness in themselves.
@WhatGirl

The bolded would be an interesting take because previously (in the OT and PT), there was always a clear deviation between the light and dark.  The Jedi were light and rejected the dark side of the Force, so it would be fascinating if the ST is more complex than that. I don't think the Jedi will disappear completely in the sense that I think Rey and Kylo are going to be the embodiment of a new generation of Force users. Especially since Kylo is supposedly a focal point of light and dark.

I'm curious to see Rian's take. I think it's likely he has something more unique planned for the ST than a typical story of a hero, Rey being trained by Luke to become a typical light side Jedi who then kills the typical Sith-like dark side villain, Kylo and restarts a new, typical Jedi order. I just don't see Rian creating such a straightforward and common story, especially with Rey Skywalker and Kylo fighting over the Skywalker legacy.  I also don't know how such a story could be stretched into two more movies.  I believe Rian has something more original up his sleeve.
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1934
Likes : 13563
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by EchoBase on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:56 pm

Rian posted also this today. The nature of evil....and a picture of a woman who kinda looks like Daisy. Sure, it's just a coincidence...

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 4 Img_9110
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2804
Likes : 12535
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum