ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 36 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by snufkin on Thu 4 May - 15:51

I can see something for the 40th anniversary but a bunch of stuff just came out for SWC. So I'd be surprised if any new photos were happening so soon after that. Keep in mind that the TFA photos were to reintroduce a franchise taken over by Disney and after mixed feelings (ok outright disappointment over the PT). So different type of marketing campaign. If they do a cover story with photos, early Fall after the crowded summer release season seems more feasible. And anything with a pair of canoodling space nerds, maybe for IX's release *if* that's the direction the story goes.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 4 May - 16:34; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 36 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 4 May - 16:28

While waiting I stumbled upon a pre TFA Daisy interview that Hollywood Reporter tweeted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/next-gen-2015-new-star-836913?utm_source=twitter

Everyone wants to know who Rey's parents are. Do you know?

Yeah.

Will the viewer know after the first episode or not necessarily?

Questions will be answered, absolutely. The main question will be answered.

Poor Daisy she thought everyone would get it lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 4 May - 16:34

@Darth_Awakened wrote:While waiting I stumbled upon a pre TFA Daisy interview that Hollywood Reporter tweeted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/next-gen-2015-new-star-836913?utm_source=twitter

Everyone wants to know who Rey's parents are. Do you know?

Yeah.

Will the viewer know after the first episode or not necessarily?

Questions will be answered, absolutely. The main question will be answered.

Poor Daisy she thought everyone would get it lol!
@Darth_Awakened
I've seen this one, lol. Definitely fits well with what she said recently, that even something directly stated by a character (i.e. "I am your father") was considered a lie by a lot of fans after Empire. She thought people would get that she wasn't related to the OT3 considering the fact that the movie introduces her as a girl who thinks Luke is a myth, who has never met any of them and who has been waiting 15 years for her own family to come back for her, all while simultaneously revealing that the Skywalker family was torn apart as a result of their actual youngest member, Ben. No mention of or room for a secret missing daughter anywhere. Obviously Mark reassured her that if fans wouldn't believe something Vader actually said in his movie, they sure as hell weren't going to believe something that was only heavily implied by character, plot and background in hers.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 4 May - 16:49

Well, I hope this will be something interesting...

https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/860171350727700480
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 4 May - 16:57

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 4 May - 17:15

It is 10 a.m. west coast time....I still have hope something will be shared.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 4 May - 17:21

@Darth Dingbat

Given that it's from Breznican (and not some random buzzfeed writer or whatever), I found some of the wording in this article very interesting:

For everyone worried that Luke Skywalker might not have much of a role in the saga going forward, Johnson tells EW that his is the central story.

“Figuring out where his head was at was the very first thing I had to do when writing the movie. I had to crack this. And it had to be something for me that first and foremost made sense. Why did Luke Skywalker go off to this island?” Johnson says. “That was the starting point, and that’s what the entire movie explores.”

We know the vague details from The Force Awakens: After the events of Return of the Jedi, the Rebellion became a New Republic and Luke founded his own Professor X-like school for gifted students who displayed a sensitivity to the Force. One of them was his own nephew, Ben Solo, who became corrupted by the Knights of Ren (we still don’t know too much about them) and Supreme Leader Snoke (ditto.)

Taking the new name Kylo Ren, he helped slaughter his fellow students at the school. After that, his parents — Han Solo and Leia Organa — were driven apart, overcome by grief and shame. And Luke Skywalker retreated to a secret, sacred Jedi site on the island-world of Ach-To.

So does Breznican know something that many of us suspected--that Kylo didn't carry out the massacre alone, but was with the KoR when it happened?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 4 May - 17:50

Waiting on photos or some morsel

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 36 Giphy
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Thu 4 May - 18:11

Doesn't look like we're getting any photos today Sad
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 4 May - 18:15

I'm starting to think it might be only on May 25th - and even then...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 4 May - 18:20

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Wow still nothing?! Seems like a missed opportunity IMHO.
Joanna's previous tweets *seemed* to tease it so....
Maybe something changed at the last minute.
@ReyofLightSide

That's my thinking. She was awfully coy in her tweets yesterday. If she knew there wasn't anything coming, I think she would have come out and tried to at least hint at that. I'm betting something changed at the last minute.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 4 May - 18:27

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Wow still nothing?! Seems like a missed opportunity IMHO.
Joanna's previous tweets *seemed* to tease it so....
Maybe something changed at the last minute.
@ReyofLightSide

That's my thinking. She was awfully coy in her tweets yesterday. If she knew there wasn't anything coming, I think she would have come out and tried to at least hint at that. I'm betting something changed at the last minute.
@ISeeAnIsland

Don't say that. THERE'S STILL TIME!!!! Shocked
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 4 May - 18:37

No photos yet? There's still time, but I assumed they'd be released in the AM if it was going to happen... Sad

Has there been anything else done today to commemorate the Fourth?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 4 May - 18:55

Yeah I feel like we're past prime viewing hours when Vanity Fair would want to post something like that.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 4 May - 19:06

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 4 May - 19:56

Well that's disappointing.

"Happy Star Wars Day...here's nothing!"

Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 4 May - 20:09

@Xylo Ren wrote:Well that's disappointing.

@Xylo Ren

Well, at least Po-Zu - the company who made the shoes for Rey's costume - released their Star Wars collection for pre-order. Razz

https://po-zu.com/pages/home-star-wars

I already bought them last year (though as the dark brown pipers instead of this specific collection; but they both look the same anyway so that's fine) and will place my order for the BB-8 sneakers soon. Love
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 4 May - 20:21

If Carrie Fisher had some input into the script, fingers crossed that means it's not entirely Luke's story, especially to the detriment of Rey. The Breznican snippet is interesting in that:

1) Sound very PT-esque, which is part of the problem with how people have jumped to PT/school shooter type conclusions

2) At the same time, given the fanboy anxiety over the PT being an influence, it is interesting that they go this route because it's revisiting the scenario of what went wrong.

3) Outsider influence is something we've guessed at here, compounded by the family decision to not address trauma and the truth of what happened in the first place. Especially when maintaining a certain public image. But that makes it more complicated than just Ben was an awful power hungry space brat, shouldn't it?

4) Not to stir up that hornet's nest, but if Rey's role is to have to clean up this other family's messes, who else in the franchise has been put in that role other than Obi-Wan?

5) Who Luke was is still the most boring possible question to me personally. Couldn't have cared less about him in the OT, same goes for the ST and hope that he's in the same position as Han in TFA. Which actually, the question of who Han was as played out over the OT and ST is a far more interesting and complex question. Luke always bored me because he wanted to be heroic and had clear Daddy issues, versus the tension you see Han going back and forth between self protection/preservation versus starting to care for other people and sticking his neck out. And they never try to make him 'nice' (well maybe in RotJ) or likeable, he's an a**hole the entire time. That's what makes him risking his neck to try and get Leia out of harm's way in ESB and reaching out to Ben in TFA so powerful, it goes against his instincts for self preservation and avoiding any kind of emotional openness/vulnerability.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 4 May - 20:34

@Xylo Ren wrote:Well that's disappointing.

@Xylo Ren

I am home now wearing my Save Ben Solo tee and sulking.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 4 May - 20:38

@snufkin wrote:If Carrie Fisher had some input into the script, fingers crossed that means it's not entirely Luke's story, especially to the detriment of Rey. The Breznican snippet is interesting in that:

1) Sound very PT-esque, which is part of the problem with how people have jumped to PT/school shooter type conclusions

2) At the same time, given the fanboy anxiety over the PT being an influence, it is interesting that they go this route because it's revisiting the scenario of what went wrong.

3) Outsider influence is something we've guessed at here, compounded by the family decision to not address trauma and the truth of what happened in the first place. Especially when maintaining a certain public image. But that makes it more complicated than just Ben was an awful power hungry space brat, shouldn't it?

4) Not to stir up that hornet's nest, but if Rey's role is to have to clean up this other family's messes, who else in the franchise has been put in that role other than Obi-Wan?

5) Who Luke was is still the most boring possible question to me personally. Couldn't have cared less about him in the OT, same goes for the ST and hope that he's in the same position as Han in TFA. Which actually, the question of who Han was as played out over the OT and ST is a far more interesting and complex question. Luke always bored me because he wanted to be heroic and had clear Daddy issues, versus the tension you see Han going back and forth between self protection/preservation versus starting to care for other people and sticking his neck out. And they never try to make him 'nice' (well maybe in RotJ) or likeable, he's an a**hole the entire time. That's what makes him risking his neck to try and get Leia out of harm's way in ESB and reaching out to Ben in TFA so powerful, it goes against his instincts for self preservation and avoiding any kind of emotional openness/vulnerability.
@snufkin

Ok, I will be the contrarian. I think who Luke is and what happened to him is important in the context of the whole saga. I think that RJ & TPTB have to be careful not to ruin our youthful/hopeful vision of young Luke who goes off with Obi Wan on his grand adventure, otherwise we will think that Uncle Owen's conservative instincts where correct, that Luke would have been better off to stay on Tatooine and moisture farm.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 4 May - 20:44

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin

Ok, I will be the contrarian. I think who Luke is and what happened to him is important in the context of the whole saga. I think that RJ & TPTB have to be careful not to ruin our youthful/hopeful vision of young Luke who goes off with Obi Wan on his grand adventure, otherwise we will think that Uncle Owen's conservative instincts where correct, that Luke would have been better off to stay on Tatooine and moisture farm.

@spacebaby45678

I don't doubt that it's important, but if actually feels more contrarian to look at both Han and Leia's character arcs/roles when you're told both by the movies and a 40 year institutional culture built up by a male dominated fandom that Luke is the most important character. His role is important in that he was able to step in and both save his father and stop the Emperor as an open-hearted novice when the more experienced characters (starting with Obi-Wan) weren't able to. But if it's the central story of the next movie, you can only hope that it's handled the same way that Han's was, in a manner showing the growth/evolution of that person and also allowing them to have realistic faults/tragedies in their lives. And the tease from the trailer shot of him possibly having gone through something a la The Searchers is a far more interesting possibility than every single fanboy speculation we've all read that it'll be about Luke mowing down the bad guys and his awful nephew with bad a** saber tricks as part of a heart warming daddy-daughter duo with Rey.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Thu 4 May - 20:45

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 4 May - 20:47

@EchoBase

Tagging @Maria Antonietta because I know she'll love this. And yes, he and JW both are adorable!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Thu 4 May - 20:54

OMG SO CUTE!!!

ugh I wish we got more tho. This 4th was like...nonexistent. Strange, seeing as how its the 40th anniversary with a much anticipated film coming out. wellppp

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 4 May - 20:54

@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase

Tagging @Maria Antonietta because I know she'll love this. And yes, he and JW both are adorable!
@IoJovi

OH MY GOD HE'S THE CUTEST OF THE WORLD, DON'T SAVE ME
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum