ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by IoJovi on Thu 04 May 2017, 3:57 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase

Tagging @Maria Antonietta because I know she'll love this. And yes, he and JW both are adorable!
@IoJovi

OH MY GOD HE'S THE CUTEST OF THE WORLD, DON'T SAVE ME
@Maria Antonietta

Okay. I'll just let you drown in it. Have a great time!!! Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 04 May 2017, 4:17 pm

@EchoBase

YES! I knew they wouldn't leave us hanging today H-beating

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 May-the-force-be-ever-in-your-favor-mr-potter
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Thu 04 May 2017, 4:22 pm

We also have this which really made me laugh:

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Img_0012

"Team Kylo" celebrating as well Very Happy
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Img_0014

And Justin Trudeau's socks
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Img_0013
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 04 May 2017, 4:23 pm

Yeah, I'm actually really surprised about how...nothing this May the 4th was. I mean, the movie isn't coming out in that long now. By big, exciting movie standards anyways.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 04 May 2017, 4:26 pm

I'm surprised how many politicians have taken notice of May the 4th. I didn't think much of it when Germany's government social team on Facebook made a reference to it, or the German industrial assocation's Facebook page, but seeing Trudeau and Trump doing it is kind of funny. Laughing

edit; Wow, even the police department of Munich made a May the 4th post.
Is Star Wars important to German government? Is that why Germany is a republic? Shocked

Last edited by Rimfaxe96 on Thu 04 May 2017, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 04 May 2017, 4:27 pm

@EchoBase wrote:We also have this which really made me laugh:

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Img_0012

"Team Kylo" celebrating as well Very Happy
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Img_0014

And Justin Trudeau's socks
ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Img_0013
@EchoBase

I love the "Team Kylo" from AITAF! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 04 May 2017, 5:25 pm

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 04 May 2017, 5:32 pm

Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:04 pm

Pabs debunking the extra saber in the Force Back. R.I.P. all the theories. Laughing

https://twitter.com/animalweapon/status/860184346896076800
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:14 pm

@Helix wrote:Pabs debunking the extra saber in the Force Back. R.I.P. all the theories. Laughing

@Helix

Thanks for sharing this one. Smile
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:18 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:Pabs debunking the extra saber in the Force Back. R.I.P. all the theories. Laughing

@Helix

@IoJovi

I'm afraid it won't make a scrap of difference because people have screenshots of his previous tweets where he acknowledged the presence of a second lightsaber.

Personally, I doubt we will ever see or hear anything about it in the movies ever again, whether it was Luke's or Obi-Wan's. But this is such a contentious issue because so many theories have been hung on the second lightsaber being there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:20 pm

Then people have never heard of late game retcons. Laughing Whatever it was, it doesn't matter to the story they're going with anymore.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:29 pm

@Helix wrote:Then people have never heard of late game retcons. Laughing Whatever it was, it doesn't matter to the story they're going with anymore.
@Helix

I totally agree. We know the history of the lightsaber story got scrapped and that second lightsaber never even made the final cut of the movie. But until TLJ shows it's not part of the story folks will go on speculating. On their own heads be it, I guess, because when it all comes to nothing they'll be disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:32 pm

I've completely given up on speculating anything about the Forceback, to be honest. More and more I'm thinking that it was just a hodgepodge of ideas and most of them will amount to nothing that warrants all the theorizing about it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:53 pm

All you can take from the Forceback is the general left=past and right=future technique, along with a gigantic big flashing billboard telling Rey "Here's your big scary destiny and this black clad weirdo who you're not going to be able to avoid." At best, it's the moment where they finally reveal that Rey is part of the Force plot and that shows the parallel events that led to each of these two characters ending up on their own, separated from their families. Beyond that, there are plenty of details you can wonder about (my biggest is Obi-Wan being aware of her name and talking to her directly), but given the changes we've heard about via spoilers and actual press, hard to say which parts are meant to point to the eventual story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 04 May 2017, 7:56 pm

@snufkin wrote:All you can take from the Forceback is the general left=past and right=future technique, along with a gigantic big flashing billboard telling Rey "Here's your big scary destiny and this black clad weirdo who you're not going to be able to avoid." At best, it's the moment where they finally reveal that Rey is part of the Force plot and that shows the parallel events that led to each of these two characters ending up on their own, separated from their families. Beyond that, there are plenty of details you can wonder about (my biggest is Obi-Wan being aware of her name and talking to her directly), but given the changes we've heard about via spoilers and actual press, hard to say which parts are meant to point to the eventual story.
@snufkin

Exactly this. Well said!!!! cheers
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 04 May 2017, 8:04 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:All you can take from the Forceback is the general left=past and right=future technique, along with a gigantic big flashing billboard telling Rey "Here's your big scary destiny and this black clad weirdo who you're not going to be able to avoid." At best, it's the moment where they finally reveal that Rey is part of the Force plot and that shows the parallel events that led to each of these two characters ending up on their own, separated from their families. Beyond that, there are plenty of details you can wonder about (my biggest is Obi-Wan being aware of her name and talking to her directly), but given the changes we've heard about via spoilers and actual press, hard to say which parts are meant to point to the eventual story.
@snufkin

Exactly this.  Well said!!!!  :cheers:
@IoJovi

@vaderito really gets credit for figuring out the L to R part, because later I was reading something about the cinematic influences and got hit over the head with not just how David Lean used it in Lawrence of Arabia, but how much George Lucas cribbed that technique for the PT. Using that cinematic language in a Star Wars means something specific, the passage of time from the past to the future. Events on the lefthand side of the screen = the past and events on the righthand side of the screen= the future. And we know in that sequence Rey is in the center of the screen, pivoting back and forth between events in the past which culminated in the tragedy of the Skywalker family and her own abandonment to Unkar Plutt on Jakku, setting the stage for meeting Kylo/Ben in two different forests.

Also speaking of cinematic language, even if everybody's bummed over no Annie Leibowitz photos, Star Wars Day did prompt a slew of essays from Film School Rejects. This one is pretty great (and shout out to teachers like @MeadowofAshes) overview of the cinematic influences on the OT of Kurosawa and Ford, which we know from the shots shown for TFA and TLJ's trailer, the DNA is still there:

Shortly before the release of The Phantom Menace, Lucas sat down with fellow Joseph Campbell fanboy Bill Moyers to discuss his early fascination with the hero’s journey. Lucas stated that “telling an old myth in a new way…that’s how you pass down the meat and potatoes of your society to the next generation.” When he failed to acquire the rights to Alex Raymond’s Flash Gordon (since the Italian maestro Federico Fellini had them wrapped up with his own frustrated never-seen production), Lucas set about to recreate his own mythology. To do so, the young filmmaker understood that “all the influences you had in life come into play.” Star Wars is a symphony composed from his preoccupations with monomyth, Kurosawa, Westerns, science-fiction serials, war films, and countless other love affairs.

Lucas aped Kurosawa’s predilection for long lens photography as well as trapping his characters in a single frame whenever he could. “Kurosawa comes from a generation of filmmakers still influenced by silent films,” he said, “The quality of the image goes a long way in telling the story.”

Filmed just two years after Seven Samurai, John Ford produced his ultimate statement in The Searchers. The revenge story of John Wayne’s Ethan Edwards on the hunt for the Comanche that kidnapped his niece, and slaughtered his family is mirrored in Anakin’s Dark Side plummet during Attack of the Clones. We can all agree that the less said about that film the better, but Tatooine and the Tusken Raiders have been stand-ins for Monument Valley and Scar’s war party since A New Hope. When Luke returned to the moisture farm only to find Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru crisped into a fiery rubble, you immediately recall Ethan discovering the raided homestead.

Some have drawn parallels between Darth Vader’s visage and that of The Lightening, the maniacal electric madman that terrorizes the Marine Corps in The Fighting Devil Dogs. However, if you read the annotations to conceptual artist Ralph McQuarrie’s portfolio, Darth Vader’s designs resulted from Lucas’s fascination with samurai body armor, and McQuarrie’s own desire to explain how Vader breathed while jumping from ship to ship in the vacuum of space. Commissioned in 1975 after the completion of the second Star Wars draft, it’s easy to imagine Toshiro Mifune behind the mask, and Vader riding into battle atop a gunpowder black stallion.

The Art that Inspired Star Wars
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 05 May 2017, 2:11 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Helix

@IoJovi

I'm afraid it won't make a scrap of difference because people have screenshots of his previous tweets where he acknowledged the presence of a second lightsaber.

Personally, I doubt we will ever see or hear anything about it in the movies ever again, whether it was Luke's or Obi-Wan's. But this is such a contentious issue because so many theories have been hung on the second lightsaber being there.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I wonder if this tweet by PH has some connection to the lightsaber controversy....lol

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Funny

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 05 May 2017, 4:18 am

@panki

No idea if it has to do with the lightsaber - and I don't really care -, but I love that tweet from Pablo. Thanks for sharing. Craphead McGee on YouTube... Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenOrgana on Fri 05 May 2017, 7:34 am

Interesting exchange here about how much of the ST was "planned" by JJ, and how far they have to stick to it. Sounds like Rian and Colin have been given pretty much free reign to go off in another direction if they want to. JJ hadn't even worked out exactly why Luke was on Ahch-to.

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/860363091485249536

BenOrgana
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 May 2017, 7:50 am

@panki That's hilarious! Smile

I do wonder at times just how cohesive this ST will be when we look back over it. More and more, I get the impression TFA was a case of throwing lots of ideas out there and a lot of them will come to nothing. Rian will pick up on some stuff but only what took his fancy like what's up with Luke. Who knows where the plot will be when Colin takes over and what plot strands he cares about. Do they not mention Kylo because he's a walking spoiler or because they don't care about the character? I'm genuinely starting to wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 05 May 2017, 7:51 am

Let's hope they at least have some cohesive guidelines/ideas so we don't have the ST ending with Luke marrying a Rancor or something.

Edit: @Mrs Ben Solo beat me to the punch on this one.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Fri 05 May 2017, 7:54 am

@BenOrgana wrote:Interesting exchange here about how much of the ST was "planned" by JJ, and how far they have to stick to it. Sounds like Rian and Colin have been given pretty much free reign to go off in another direction if they want to. JJ hadn't even worked out exactly why Luke was on Ahch-to.

@BenOrgana

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10 - Page 37 Chrissy-Teigen-Golden-Globes-Cry-Face-GIF-Pictures

I really hope there was an over-arching idea of where they want the story to go and main plots. I mean these are three very different actors/writers and you have to want some kind of cohesiveness going on. I'm not worried about Rian but the criticism of Colin makes me anxious about how he'd wrap up the trilogy. I've been okay with the idea of Colin thinking that he'd write a story based on a loose skeleton of how everything's going to go. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that they're all on the same page at least.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 05 May 2017, 7:55 am

@BenOrgana wrote:Interesting exchange here about how much of the ST was "planned" by JJ, and how far they have to stick to it. Sounds like Rian and Colin have been given pretty much free reign to go off in another direction if they want to. JJ hadn't even worked out exactly why Luke was on Ahch-to.

@BenOrgana

Hmm... where did it say that JJ hadn't worked out why Luke was on Ahch-To? Was it in Breznican's article? (I found it a bit hard to read because ads kept popping up all over the page...)

As a compulsive planner I find this sort of thing puzzling Laughing It's one thing to plan things and then tweak the details, or come up with a brilliant alternative to something that's even better than the original idea, but leaving stuff like that completely open-ended seems so weird to me. Especially when you're dealing with mysteries - it would be like writing the first part of a murder mystery, throwing clues and red herrings here and there, and then handing the story over to a different writer with, "LOL I have no idea who the murderer is".

Mind you, I don't think Reylo would suffer from this, as Reylo and all its symbolism seems to be at the very centre of this trilogy, thematically speaking. Light, dark, balance, all that jazz. But, for example, Finn was left without a direction in TFA and seems like Rian will have to start Finn's story almost from scratch (if what John says is true that Finn is still deciding whether to run or stick with the Resistance). And backstory consistency re: Kylo and Luke is something I've had my doubts about for a while now, as you all know.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 05 May 2017, 8:00 am

Duh, I'm blind. "Why did Luke Skywalker go off to this island?" is right there Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum