The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:20 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/167087675813

I think it's interesting that they used that music from the TLJ teaser for this little video on Rey. The one that sounds like the music you hear when you first see Obi-wan in ANH (like so many people have brought up before):

https://youtu.be/s4UhQ4hZzRM?t=2m20s

https://youtu.be/s4UhQ4hZzRM?t=3m17s
@nemapasara

If Rey is not a Kenobi LF can quit dropping hints now...

@spacebaby45678

Right? And the "help me Obi Wan Kenobi" line used in the teaser trailer....
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 4:16 pm

They've actually singled out those notes in that little video.

Lucasfilm is reading this forum.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

Sooo the folks at LF decided to make my evening yesterday and reveal a close up of the “Mythosaur concept art”  during the most recent episode of Rebels Recon.

Note the central figure with the double light sabers and the gold shoulder armor (which could be indicative of rank).

Korkie’s cadet chevron is also gold.

Now, in regards to the light sabers, how did Korkie (if that is him) obtain them? Maybe they were a gift from Ahsoka? Or, what if Obi-Wan gave him Maul’s old saber(s) (since his staff is now in two pieces) in an attempt to redeem himself in his son’s eyes for failing Satine? I know it’s total headcanon/speculation but it’s a thought.

Also, another random note, PH mentioned that Thrawn’s assassin, Rukh, has such a keen sense of smell that he can identify someone’s planet of origin as well as identify a bloodline in some cases. Will Rukh “out” Korkie’s big secret (if they meet) in the second half of season 4?
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 3:31 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Sooo the folks at LF decided to make my evening yesterday and reveal a close up of the “Mythosaur concept art”  during the most recent episode of Rebels Recon.

Note the central figure with the double light sabers and the gold shoulder armor (which could be indicative of rank).

Now, in regards to the light sabers, how did Korkie (if that is him) obtain them? Maybe they were a gift from Ahsoka? Or, what if Obi-Wan gave him Maul’s old saber(s) (since his staff is now in two pieces) in an attempt to redeem himself in his son’s eyes for failing Satine? I know it’s total headcanon/speculation but it’s a thought.

Also, another random note, PH mentioned that Thrawn’s assassin, Rukh, has such a keen sense of smell that he can identify someone’s planet of origin as well as identify a bloodline in some cases. Will Rukh “out” Korkie’s big secret (if they meet) in the second half of season 4?
@TheBastardofMandalore

Ok, I am total cluelessness where in the video was the concept art?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 4:13 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Sooo the folks at LF decided to make my evening yesterday and reveal a close up of the “Mythosaur concept art”  during the most recent episode of Rebels Recon.

@TheBastardofMandalore

@spacebaby45678

LOL! My bad! It’s the last 25 seconds just after the preview for next week’s episode. It’s directly behind AG’s shoulder.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 4:21 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@TheBastardofMandalore

@spacebaby45678

LOL! My bad! It’s the last 25 seconds just after the preview for next week’s episode. It’s directly behind AG’s shoulder.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Ok thanks! Interesting isn't it that there are light sabers depicted in this concept...
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

@spacebaby45678

Interesting isn't it that there are light sabers depicted in this concept...

Yes, it is very interesting! We’re definitely not done with Mandalore yet in Rebels...
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sat 11 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

Saw this courtesy of @vaderito in the Spoilers/Rumors thread:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVE3YHlcAp/

Just want to make sure it gets put here for the record.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 2:24 am

meaningless fun to add a moment of levity Smile
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 4:30 pm

Hello there, come here my little friend. Don't be afraid. Obi Wan to R2-D2 ANH

Now let's see if we can figure out what you are my little friend and where you come from. Obi Wan to R2-D2 ANH

Where do you come from? Rey to BB8  TFA. 

I am just lucky I guess, unlike you my little friend. Rey to BB8 - Forces of Destiny Sands of Jakku
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 6:28 pm

Laughing
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 5:00 am

It occurs to me that there are a couple of things suspiciously missing from marketing for TLJ so far or any known spoilers and given that what we know so far TLJ seems to follow the general patterns of ESB & AOTC ...

One of the missing items... By simple deduction if something that  is always in the middle chapter and is so simple and basic  to the star wars universe is missing from TLJ premarketing, it must be part of a larger spoiler. Somehow this is part of Rey's back story, she maybe Mando herself or, she was dumped on Jakku by a bounty hunter.

A Mando/Bounty Hunter 

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 12:17 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:It occurs to me that there are a couple of things suspiciously missing from marketing for TLJ so far or any known spoilers and given that what we know so far TLJ seems to follow the general patterns of ESB & AOTC ...

One of the missing items... By simple deduction if something that  is always in the middle chapter and is so simple and basic  to the star wars universe is missing from TLJ premarketing, it must be part of a larger spoiler. Somehow this is part of Rey's back story, she maybe Mando herself or, she was dumped on Jakku by a bounty hunter.

A Mando/Bounty Hunter 

@spacebaby45678

Great observation! I wonder if DJ is said bounty hunter/space pirate that dumped Rey? BDT’s role in the film has been a closely guarded secret. We know very little about him other than he’s a code breaker/thief type hired by the Resistance.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 12:21 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:It occurs to me that there are a couple of things suspiciously missing from marketing for TLJ so far or any known spoilers and given that what we know so far TLJ seems to follow the general patterns of ESB & AOTC ...

A Mando/Bounty Hunter 

@spacebaby45678

Great observation! I wonder if DJ is said bounty hunter/space pirate that dumped Rey? BDT’s role in the film has been a closely guarded secret. We know very little about him other than he’s a code breaker/thief type hired by the Resistance.
@TheBastardofMandalore

No he is a hacker of some sort computer hacker maybe?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 10:08 pm

I love you

Source: rreykenobii
           Tumblr
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 2:42 am

I love you

Source: rreykenobii
           Tumblr
@TheBastardofMandalore

This is how Kenobis talks to the smols  Smile
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:03 am

This is a narrative reversal I don't believe Rey will fail but she will succeed in an unexpected way.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 9:37 am

Who are you?
“In myth, when we’re presented with children orphaned or suckled by animals, it’s generally a sign that their true parentage is actually a remarkable one and they’ll grow up to be great leaders, warriors, seers, magicians, or shamans. As they grow, their beauty, or physical prowess, or magical abilities betray a lineage that cannot be hidden by their humble upbringing. Rarely do we encounter a hero whose origins are truly low; at least one parent must be revealed as noble, supernatural, or divine. After a birth trauma and a miraculous survival always comes a span of time symbolically described as "exile in the wilderness,” where they hone their skills, test their mettle, and gather their armies, their allies, or their magic, before returning (as they always do) to the world that is their birthright" 
http://endicottstudio.typepad.com/articleslist/lost-and-found-the-orphaned-hero-in-myth-folklore-and-fantasy-by-terri-windling.html
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 2:23 pm

Ya'll OG Reynobist AB left a clue for those who pay attention to the details...

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 3:29 pm

So Rian Johnson designed this cover for EW.. and to me at first I was like so what? Those are stock publicity photos for TLJ . So I looked again and if has to be the background that he picked. Look closely at the background…It is the same background of the Death Star and Darth & Obi are on the same sides as Reylo, on the Supremacy? Nice Job RJ!

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:26 pm

There are two things that have now become Star Wars Cliche/Recurring Kenobi Themes .. Help.. and Obsessed Enemies...

"Rey doesn’t have his will to power over others. All she wants is to understand this ability that appeared within her – and to use it to help others. “She doesn’t really know what she wants,” Ridley tells EW. “She really is trying to do the right thing and morally, her compass is really pointing north.”

“The Resistance is really not that much to her,” the actress says. “I mean, she’s been left her whole life, and very quickly is eager to sort of help other people, which is wonderful. She wants to be part of something. I mean, everyone wants to be part of something.” DR

Recurring Theme Skywalkers obsessed with Kenobi's

"He hates her.This burns at him, too. He craves respect, so he has none to spare. It just wells up in him as more corrosive envy. " AD

"Ahem. So Vader’s obsession with him in the original trilogy timeline is often interpreted as hateful-rage-obsession, when in actuality I think he just…kinda loved the guy. Here’s some more evidence for the pile. Note how he doesn’t say that Obi-Wan was an idiot, or a fool, or a bad person or really anything actually negative about him here: he just says that Obi-Wan was an old man who thought he could help gifted kids (Anakin), but he couldn’t. THIS IS SO SAD YOU GUYS. He is acknowledging right here as DARTH VADER, ON THE DEATH STAR, that all Obi-Wan ever wanted to do was help him. You know. Because that’s what Obi-Wan DOES:"  Qoute Snark Wars.... https://snarkwars.com/2016/12/18/darth-vader-1-some-things-never-change/

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm

Keep up the good work @spacebaby45678.  I still like to check in here once in a while to see what's going on but I have to admit that at this point I'm just waiting for the movie to come out and put an end to the debate.  I've got tickets for Dec. 15 so I guess I'll get the answer then.  One more week or so then I think I'm going to go dark and avoid social media and avoid anything to do with Star Wars like the plague.  Even some of the stuff coming out now is more than I want to know before I see the movie (even though we saw it coming).

Of course I echo the sentiment that this whole Kylo--Rey relationship really sounds like it's being set up to parallel Anakin and Obi-Wan, but of course that's what we've been saying for a long time now, eh!  Wink

Cheers everyone.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:So Rian Johnson designed this cover for EW.. and to me at first I was like so what? Those are stock publicity photos for TLJ . So I looked again and if has to be the background that he picked. Look closely at the background…It is the same background of the Death Star and Darth & Obi are on the same sides as Reylo, on the Supremacy? Nice Job RJ!

@spacebaby45678

@spacebaby45678 wrote:So Rian Johnson designed this cover for EW.. and to me at first I was like so what? Those are stock publicity photos for TLJ . So I looked again and if has to be the background that he picked. Look closely at the background…It is the same background of the Death Star and Darth & Obi are on the same sides as Reylo, on the Supremacy? Nice Job RJ!

@spacebaby45678

Nice catch! I’ve said it before, but JJ absolutely shows their cat and mouse chase on SKB scene for scene and blocked like Vader and Obi-Wan on the Death Star.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:12 pm

@BigDeal2187 wrote:Keep up the good work @spacebaby45678.  I still like to check in here once in a while to see what's going on but I have to admit that at this point I'm just waiting for the movie to come out and put an end to the debate.  I've got tickets for Dec. 15 so I guess I'll get the answer then.  One more week or so then I think I'm going to go dark and avoid social media and avoid anything to do with Star Wars like the plague.  Even some of the stuff coming out now is more than I want to know before I see the movie (even though we saw it coming).

Of course I echo the sentiment that this whole Kylo--Rey relationship really sounds like it's being set up to parallel Anakin and Obi-Wan, but of course that's what we've been saying for a long time now, eh!  Wink

Cheers everyone.
@BigDeal2187

Got my tickets for Dec 16, I had to have selected seating, I won't do the scramble dance for center center seats like I did for TFA.. but I don't care at this point I am too far gone lol. Seriously, I was so good for TFA, the only thing I had seen were the trailers but I just don't care anymore at this point. it isn't that my curiosity has the best of me and I lack self discipline, I just really don't care enough this time around, I am in a different place in my life and in a different place in my relationship to Star Wars itself. I will never have that TFA experience again in my lifetime it was something special that I will always cherish and hold close to my heart, a moment that my whole family shared together. I really hope TLJ is a great movie. What will make it great  for me won't be about surprises and gasps but about actual execution of story, emotional moments and did RJ make it to that special touchstone of Star Wars feeling. I will see you back here on the 16 of December. Please come back and give your thoughts regardless of whatever lineage Rey turns out to be.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

@snufkin wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@spacebaby45678

Nice catch! I’ve said it before, but JJ absolutely shows their cat and mouse chase on SKB scene for scene and blocked like Vader and Obi-Wan on the Death Star.

@snufkin

Yup, but with three weeks to go I am ready to see Rey take a turn at her own story... The teaser, and the 2nd and 3rd trailer have all been synopsis of some Anakin & Obi Wan themes it has been there underneath the surface... Now is the time for me to learn her motivation, why is she doing what she is doing for me it is still unclear. Kylo is looking for hope and clarification. I hope I get clarification on Rey. The essential question that Luke asks is Who are you? We all wanna know Rey.. well some of us anyway....
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum