ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by DarthRen on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 2:35 am

@AceofWands wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:[
@AceofWands

Depends on if Skywalker will still be continuing in the future. If Kylo/Ben dies and have a child, wouldn't that be too much like Darth Vader? I mean, Han would want him to return to home and live.
@DarthRen

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/10/kathleen-kennedy-confirms-saga-films.html

Well. No. Kathleen Kennedy Confirms Saga Films are About 'The Skywalker Family'

But I agree that dying is too much like Vader, OTOH, his journey is very different.
@AceofWands

OT, PT and current is about Skywalkers about we don't know what will happen in the future. Will it be still about Sykwalker or not? I hope so but then anthology films are doing a damn good job.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 5 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 2:46 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

I am super stoked about a possible Obi Wan movie, for all of the reasons given here.  There was so much crime/Hutt gangster stuff going on on Tatooine at the time that I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some potential for a standalone movie that was set there.

And if Rey is a Kenobi but not Obi Wan's granddaughter (e.g. a grandniece or something), they could lay the groundwork for that in an Obi-wan standalone.

I adore Ewan, and I would kill for the chance to see him reprise that role with a better script in a better movie.

@ISeeAnIsland

Me too. And Louis CK as one of Obi-Wan's friends on Tattooine because obviously they have chemistry!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 5 10aaf36bb702efe6027d5bbb409630ab

I just remember going to see The Phantom Menace because I'd already seen Trainspotting and was like "WTF?" the whole time at how subdued he was. Even if it's meant to be consistent with Sir Alec Guinness, it's like Obi-Wan is on Valium the whole time.

Hopefully all of the Easter Eggs related to Obi-Wan around Rey aren't there just to be nostalgic or an extra detail. Because somebody put a lot of time and effort into them. And I'm thinking of the cat and mouse sequence through SKB being like the first movie. Or how both actor voices used in the vision, Obi-Wan is the only character who knows both her name and what's going on with her, versus the repetition of "who's the girl, what girl? the girl I've heard so much about." He actually seems to know her.

If there's not some type of DNA relationship, then maybe another connection in his post Jedi life. And regardless of there being a connection or not, Lucasfilm will be mining her family's backstory for post-ST comic books and novels. As for smuggling, they've already dropped hints in Aftermath about Ben being an angel and a bandit. That sounds like Bloodline talking about future grandchildren (also there will be plenty of post-ST publishing material about what the main characters are up to).

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 2:59 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:If the ST makes it apparent that Rey and Kylo bone (i.e., we get a "fade to black" from a passionate kissing session), I could see Rey getting knocked up, and if Rey gets pregnant, I'd figure that Kylo is pretty much a goner.

So, as much as I'd love to see a Reylo makeout scene, I am hoping that it stops with that, and any insinuated sex is left to post-ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

Disney (and George Lucas) probably doesn't approve of my childhood conclusion that from Bespin up until getting him getting frozen, Han and Leia were knocking boots in ESB. And in RotJ after his rescue from Jabba, especially once they had access to the Ewok Village tree houses.

I hope that single mom Rey isn't an idea the filmmakers have ever floated. It seems awfully cruel to do that to her after the big trauma/dream of her life has to do with being separated from likely dead parents.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:06 am

Don't forget possible TV series, video games, toylines, cereal boxes to tell the story. Razz George would be proud.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:07 am

@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:If the ST makes it apparent that Rey and Kylo bone (i.e., we get a "fade to black" from a passionate kissing session), I could see Rey getting knocked up, and if Rey gets pregnant, I'd figure that Kylo is pretty much a goner.

So, as much as I'd love to see a Reylo makeout scene, I am hoping that it stops with that, and any insinuated sex is left to post-ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

Disney (and George Lucas) probably doesn't approve of my childhood conclusion that from Bespin up until getting him getting frozen, Han and Leia were knocking boots for the rest of ESB . And in RotJ after his rescue from Jabba. Probably also a couple of times in an Ewok Village tree house just to put it on their "weirdest place you've done it" list. I hope that single mom Rey isn't an idea the filmmakers have ever floated. It seems awfully cruel to do that to her after the big trauma/dream of her life has to do with being separated from likely dead parents.
@snufkin

I think Irving Kershner was quoted once saying something like "a kiss in SW equals sex." Also Leia stopped wearing white for the first time in Bespin. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:07 am

@Piper Maru wrote:Someone mentioned here the possibility of Ben becoming a smuggler like his father.

I never thought about it before, but it'd be an interesting turn of events. The Skywalker prodigy, the Force sensitive child who turns away from the Force entirely and becomes a thief like the non-sensitive father he rejected.
@Piper Maru

That was my idea. Sort of poetic given how much he hates Han for who he was as a smuggler.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:13 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

Disney (and George Lucas) probably doesn't approve of my childhood conclusion that from Bespin up until getting him getting frozen, Han and Leia were knocking boots for the rest of ESB . And in RotJ after his rescue from Jabba. Probably also a couple of times in an Ewok Village tree house just to put it on their "weirdest place you've done it" list. I hope that single mom Rey isn't an idea the filmmakers have ever floated. It seems awfully cruel to do that to her after the big trauma/dream of her life has to do with being separated from likely dead parents.
@snufkin

I think Irving Kershner was quoted once saying something like "a kiss in SW equals sex." Also Leia stopped wearing white for the first time in Bespin. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

Oh man, what does that say about her kissing Luke?! Don't want to go there, haha! You are right about how Han goes "ga ga" (Kasdan's script) when he sees her in that dark red outfit. I always figured that point on they were boning because of what they've already been through. And that's even before the truly traumatic stuff happens to them.

Hmm, so no longer wearing white? Rey's outfit does become more grey after her feeling the Force with Kylo.

@Helix

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 5 Spaceballs-yogurt-merchandising
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:19 am

If the kiss thing is true, no wonder Luke wasn't keen on hooking up again any time soon. Laughing
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:30 am

@Helix wrote:If the kiss thing is true, no wonder Luke wasn't keen on hooking up again any time soon. Laughing
@Helix

The chances there is another sister out there are no that high but given experiences. Kissing another girl, FFS not another sister. Very Happy

Last edited by DarthRen on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:40 am

@snufkin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@snufkin

@SoloSideCousin

Oh man, what does that say about her kissing Luke?! Don't want to go there, haha! You are right about how Han goes "ga ga" (Kasdan's script) when he sees her in that dark red outfit. I always figured that point on they were boning because of what they've already been through. And that's even before the truly traumatic stuff happens to them.

Hmm, so no longer wearing white? Rey's outfit does become more grey after her feeling the Force with Kylo.

@Helix

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 5 Spaceballs-yogurt-merchandising
@snufkin

I'd always figured that Han and Leia were boning from Bespin on, too. I think most people have that as their headcanon.

I think it was actually discussed on here a long time ago (probably before you joined, @snufkin) that Rey's grey outfit at the end of TFA signified sort of a loss of, um, Force virginity, so to speak. Rey's face as she's "feeling the Force" there with Kylo does look a bit...ecstatic.

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:52 am

@snufkin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

I am super stoked about a possible Obi Wan movie, for all of the reasons given here.  There was so much crime/Hutt gangster stuff going on on Tatooine at the time that I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some potential for a standalone movie that was set there.

And if Rey is a Kenobi but not Obi Wan's granddaughter (e.g. a grandniece or something), they could lay the groundwork for that in an Obi-wan standalone.

I adore Ewan, and I would kill for the chance to see him reprise that role with a better script in a better movie.

@ISeeAnIsland

Me too. And Louis CK as one of Obi-Wan's friends on Tattooine because obviously they have chemistry!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 5 10aaf36bb702efe6027d5bbb409630ab

I just remember going to see The Phantom Menace because I'd already seen Trainspotting and was like "WTF?" the whole time at how subdued he was. Even if it's meant to be consistent with Sir Alec Guinness, it's like Obi-Wan is on Valium the whole time.

Hopefully all of the Easter Eggs related to Obi-Wan around Rey aren't there just to be nostalgic or an extra detail. Because somebody put a lot of time and effort into them. And I'm thinking of the cat and mouse sequence through SKB being like the first movie. Or how both actor voices used in the vision, Obi-Wan is the only character who knows both her name and what's going on with her, versus the repetition of "who's the girl, what girl? the girl I've heard so much about." He actually seems to know her.

If there's not some type of DNA relationship, then maybe another connection in his post Jedi life. And regardless of there being a connection or not, Lucasfilm will be mining her family's backstory for post-ST comic books and novels. As for smuggling, they've already dropped hints in Aftermath about Ben being an angel and a bandit. That sounds like Bloodline talking about future grandchildren (also there will be plenty of post-ST publishing material about what the main characters are up to).
@snufkin

I'd seen both Trainspotting and Velvet Goldmine before the PT came out, and I was shocked that Ewan had been cast a lead role in a family-friendly movie trilogy at that time (especially given that most of his roles up to that point had been in fairly edgy movies). But I was super excited because I've always been a huge fan of his.

I agree that there has to be some connection between Rey and Obi-wan, although I'm not convinced that he's her grandfather. They could be related another way, or as cheesy as it sounds, I could even see it being some sort of Force guardian role or something where he guides her to help save Kylo in a way that he couldn't save Anakin or something.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 3:57 am

@ISeeAnIsland

I don't think they would go for a fade to black after a passionate kiss...

But you know, I remember ROTS, they showed shirtless Anakin in bed with Padme. Not subtle. But then it was married life, like doing it so much it's not even a thing. It's just funny as how people assume there's no sex in SW, and I thin there is.

I never thought Leia did anything with Han!!! Because in ESB, her "I love you" is the moment when she finally opens up. Up until then, she wasn't open to his advances ( as shown in the movie). Then after that he gets frozen and all that stuff. So yeah, in the Wookie hut, maybe, but after the celebration. She would be too focused before that. Plus Han and Leia were not getting along that well, with Han thinking she was into Luke and all that. And Leia, despite being compassionate, had this touch exterior, like this hard to crack egg, she is really awesome, but I think part of her ark is opening up. So... I don't think it would make sense for her to be receptive to his advances in ESB.

The thing is, though, that the actors were doing it! So maybe there's a vibe there that you guys pick up. I watched these movies when I was a child and nothing beyond kisses existed, and I still have that same idea, but I can see where people would get the feeling that they were doing it, cause the actors were.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:00 am

@AceofWands wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

But you know, I remember ROTS, they showed shirtless Anakin in bed with Padme. Not subtle. But then it was married life, like doing it so much it's not even a thing. It's just funny as how people assume there's no sex in SW, and I thin there is.

I never thought Leia did anything with Han!!! Because in ESB, her "I love you" is the moment when she finally opens up. Up until then, she wasn't open to his advances ( as shown in the movie). Then after that he gets frozen and all that stuff. So yeah, in the Wookie hut, maybe, but after the celebration. She would be too focused before that. Plus Han and Leia were not getting along that well, with Han thinking she was into Luke and all that. And Leia, despite being compassionate, had this touch exterior, like this hard to crack egg, she is really awesome, but I think part of her ark is opening up. So... I don't think it would make sense for her to be receptive to his advances in ESB.

The thing is, though, that the actors were doing it! So maybe there's a vibe there that you guys pick up. I watched these movies when I was a child and nothing beyond kisses existed, and I still have that same idea, but I can see where people would get the feeling that they were doing it, cause the actors were.
@AceofWands

I never thought that they were "doing it" until I was a young adult. Then the "Where's 3PO?" "Probably wondering what we're up to...*leans in for a kiss*" exchange hit me like a light bulb turning on.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:04 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@AceofWands

I never thought that they were "doing it" until I was a young adult. Then the "Where's 3PO?" "Probably wondering what we're up to...*leans in for a kiss*" exchange hit me like a light bulb turning on.
@ISeeAnIsland

It's true. And you mean in Bespin, she actually starts opening up and stuff...  And... I think there was something going on indeed.

OTOH, he's so surprised she's wearing red (with clothes that cover her entire body), I can't imagine he's seen anything yet.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:14 am

@ISeeanIsland - I already knew about Carrie Fisher's role in Shampoo and how her character turns the tables on Warren Beatty's character, so I was like "of course she'd end up doing it with Han." I do think it'll be weird seeing a Disney version of the Han Solo backstory when you know 1970s original movie Han probably wasn't living a life appropriate for a family friendly movie.

I may have been around for the discussion you mentioned. They both certainly enjoyed that moment on the cliff - if it was her loss of Force virginity, it's likely the first time it's probably really meant something to him and it has all to do with who he shared it with. Whatever Snoke's been is offering has to lose its appeal pretty quickly in comparison.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:24 am

@snufkin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@snufkin

@SoloSideCousin

@Helix

@snufkin

I don't know if I read somewhere that Bespin is where Leia and Han first hooked or I just have this delusion in my head but I always thought the same.
And yes, Rey and Kylo's two encounters (interrogation and light saber fight) had a lot of sweating and heavy breathing just like the (whispers) sex.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:30 am

@ReyofLightSide - that's why when I read comments about how even if Luke isn't Rey's father, then he'll be her father-like figure and protector because his big bad nephew has designs on her innocence and LOL. It just makes me think of that movie where Marky Mark is the bad boy after Reese Witherspoon's virginity (I remember seeing it in my hotel room on vacation) and her dad has to defend his family. It's literally the theme of a bunch of bad movies and some gross paternalistic attitudes about young women's agency and sexuality. They may be in for a shock because Rey sure did appear to enjoy that moment of feeling the Force with him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:41 am

@snufkin wrote:@ReyofLightSide - that's why when I read comments about how even if Luke isn't Rey's father, then he'll be her father-like figure and protector because his big bad nephew has designs on her innocence and LOL. It just makes me think of that movie where Marky Mark is the bad boy after Reese Witherspoon's virginity (I remember seeing it in my hotel room on vacation) and her dad has to defend his family. It's literally the theme of a bunch of bad movies and some gross paternalistic attitudes about young women's agency and sexuality. They may be in for a shock because Rey sure did appear to enjoy that moment of feeling the Force with him.
@snufkin

She sure did, didn't she!  That was the moment in the theater that a lightbulb went off and I realized where this story was headed.  The previous tropes discussed on this forum went over my head the first time, but that moment and those choker shots drove the point home.  My first thought was, "oh wow, with HIM?!?". I was wide eyed.

I personally am still wondering how so many people missed that scene, even if they didn't catch the others.

And yes, I can't wait to see Third Wheel Luke and how that plays out...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:46 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@ReyofLightSide - that's why when I read comments about how even if Luke isn't Rey's father, then he'll be her father-like figure and protector because his big bad nephew has designs on her innocence and LOL. It just makes me think of that movie where Marky Mark is the bad boy after Reese Witherspoon's virginity (I remember seeing it in my hotel room on vacation) and her dad has to defend his family. It's literally the theme of a bunch of bad movies and some gross paternalistic attitudes about young women's agency and sexuality. They may be in for a shock because Rey sure did appear to enjoy that moment of feeling the Force with him.
@snufkin

She sure did, didn't she! That was the moment in the theater that a lightbulb went off and I realized where this story was headed. The previous tropes discussed on this forum went over my head the first time, but that moment and those choker shots drove the point home. My first thought was, "oh wow, with HIM?!?". I was wide eyed.

I personally am still wondering how so many people missed that scene, even if they didn't catch the others.
@IoJovi

I don't think Rey will need Luke's help. She outsmarted Kylo the first time and mightily kicked his butt the second. Not sure if Luke will be impressed or horrified at how she handled Kylo.

In the choker shot of her right after she opens her eyes after *ahem* "feeling the Force" she looks positively in the afterglow and like she became a woman. Kylo is literally straddling her on the cliff. But yeah, it's alllllllllll in our heads! Shocked
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:47 am

@snufkin

Honestly, in the context of the Star Wars, "feeling the Force together" is far more intimate and powerful than doing the deed, especially in the circumstances Kylo and Rey were Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:48 am

@Piper Maru wrote:
@snufkin

Honestly, in the context of the Star Wars, "feeling the Force together" is far more intimate and powerful than doing the deed, especially in the circumstances Kylo and Rey were Laughing
@Piper Maru

If, by SOME chance they end up related, I will throw up in my mouth. Seriously. We can't unsee all of that.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:49 am

@IoJovi - I think the same people who missed out on that moment are the same ones who are still up in arms over how in Stranger Things (spoiler tags because there could be somebody who still hasn't seen it)
Spoiler:
Turns the Last Girl trope on its head by having Barb get killed while Nancy loses her virginity to the bad boy character. And instead of getting together with the nerdy friend with a crush on her, she stays with said bad boy because it's her choice, he gets his act together and becomes more mature/sensitive, and she's genuinely happy with him.
I'm still waiting for the major media outlet think piece about how the Awakens part has to do with both the Force and Sex in the ST awakening in these two characters. Here and what's been shared from Tumblr are probably the only places where it's recognized and judged without either scorn or moral hand wringing.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:50 am

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@snufkin

@SoloSideCousin

Oh man, what does that say about her kissing Luke?! Don't want to go there, haha!  You are right about how Han goes "ga ga" (Kasdan's script) when he sees her in that dark red outfit. I always figured that point on they were boning because of what they've already been through. And that's even before the truly traumatic stuff happens to them.

@Helix

@snufkin

I don't know if I read somewhere that Bespin is where Leia and Han first hooked or I just have this delusion in my head but I always thought the same.
And yes, Rey and Kylo's two encounters (interrogation and light saber fight) had a lot of sweating and heavy breathing just like the (whispers) sex.
@ReyofLightSide

Absolutely! It's just the 21st century movie version of what filmmakers had to do in the 30s and 40s to hint that some kind of sexual activity was happening without running afoul of the Hayes Code.  @snufkin and @Darth Dementor have talked quite a bit on this.

I recently started watching a lot of old movies for the first time thanks to @snufkin's influence, and WOW, I have been shocked at how much subtext is in some of these movies.  I mean for heaven's sake there is a bit in Roman Holiday where Audrey Hepburn's character wakes up and is wondering if she "lost something" and is checking to see if she still has underwear on, lol.

A SW saga movie will probably never have any kind of conspicuous sex, but my goodness JJ sure edited in a lot of facial expressions and utilized a lot of camera shots and sound effects (his cat sound, her heartbeat) and just plain breath sounds that would be quite at home in more adult fare.  I mean just think of how goofy that interrogation scene would have been if not for the sexual chemistry between the actors and the shots and facial expressions JJ used.  JJ knew exactly what he was doing, and so did the actors.  I don't know Daisy's other work, but Adam knows how to be completely unsexy when he wants to be and also insanely sexy when he wants to be in a performance.  He chose the latter option in those scenes.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:52 am

@Piper Maru wrote:
@snufkin

Honestly, in the context of the Star Wars, "feeling the Force together" is far more intimate and powerful than doing the deed, especially in the circumstances Kylo and Rey were :lol:
@Piper Maru

It is, especially for those two characters having this ability and sensitivity that can't be accessed or shared by most people. It's the first FS-FS relationship versus the previous two trilogies having it be between one person who's FS (Leia and Anakin) and their partner (Han and Padme) who isn't. They even emphasize it in Empire's End that Han knows his wife and son share a bond via an ability he'll never have or understand.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 4:55 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@snufkin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@snufkin

@SoloSideCousin

Oh man, what does that say about her kissing Luke?! Don't want to go there, haha!  You are right about how Han goes "ga ga" (Kasdan's script) when he sees her in that dark red outfit. I always figured that point on they were boning because of what they've already been through. And that's even before the truly traumatic stuff happens to them.

@Helix

@snufkin

@ReyofLightSide

Absolutely! It's just the 21st century movie version of what filmmakers had to do in the 30s and 40s to hint that some kind of sexual activity was happening without running afoul of the Hayes Code.  @snufkin and @Darth Dementor have talked quite a bit on this.

I recently started watching a lot of old movies for the first time thanks to @snufkin's influence, and WOW, I have been shocked at how much subtext is in some of these movies.  I mean for heaven's sake there is a bit in Roman Holiday where Audrey Hepburn's character wakes up and is wondering if she "lost something" and is checking to see if she still has underwear on, lol.

A SW saga movie will probably never have any kind of conspicuous sex, but my goodness JJ sure edited in a lot of facial expressions and utilized a lot of camera shots and sound effects (his cat sound, her heartbeat) and just plain breath sounds that would be quite at home in more adult fare.  I mean just think of how goofy that interrogation scene would have been if not for the sexual chemistry between the actors and the shots and facial expressions JJ used.  JJ knew exactly what he was doing, and so did the actors.  I don't know Daisy's other work, but Adam knows how to be completely unsexy when he wants to be and also insanely sexy when he wants to be in a performance.  He chose the latter option in those scenes.
@SoloSideCousin

It would look like the LEGO version, where Kylo is smily and flirty with Rey and she's all "you're ridic" Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum