ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:19 am

@panki wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote:In all honesty, Poe felt like he was inserted in heavily into the rest of the movie "just because" and I think it's because it showed how he was going to be killed off originally as the beginning scenes with him were way better.
@Acritiqua

In the early drafts, Poe was an older war veteran, Snoke was an attractive woman, Kylo was a terminator style jedi killer, Rey/Kira lived in a swamp being raised by a grandfather type and Finn/Sam went through rituals (by aliens) once he escaped to be transformed into a hero.....characters and scripts evolve.

Poe wasn't a last minute insertion. If you go by the Art of TFA book, he underwent many iterations and is explicitly called one of the main characters....the fact that they had a comic series dedicated to his parents months before the release of TFA means his backstory was decided quite some time back, not a last minute addition.

Vader had barely 12 minutes and Leia had only a couple of lines in ANH....and they weren't characters "inserted" in the movie. I would wait for TLJ to make a call on Poe's importance to the story.
@panki

Yeah... I do think people overestimate certain aspects of Poe's character, but he's clearly important. The whole plot starts with him. He 1) set foot on Jakku to meet San Tekka (which led Kylo Ren there) 2) gave the map to BB-8 (who met Rey) 3) kill Finn's stormtrooper friend (who was the catalyst of his awakening). He doesn't have a lot of character development and is absent for the second act, but without him we wouldn't have our movie Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by fuhry on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 9:11 am

@DarthRen wrote:This is just more ammunition for people saying Rey, Finn and Poe are the new trio and Kylo is not important. Kinda dissapointed but maybe they want have his new looks cape, maybe modification for his helmet and scar saved for fans or trailer maybe. As long as his new design is worth that hype and hiding him. I'm cool with them somehow.
@DarthRen

Well, remember, the stuff that comes out pre-release might be misdirection.

Although, I remember when the posters for ESB came out and I was like, What? Han and Leia, what the hell?
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 9:32 am

@jakkusun wrote:Wow they really are going to keep Kylo hidden aren't they? And I was so used to him being on virtually every piece of merch. I'm really sad about this but at least it will keep me from buying way to much merch for a while? XD
@jakkusun

They really are. I'll be shocked if we get unmasked Kylo in any of the trailers. It's not impossible but I feel like they're going to save that reveal for the film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 9:47 am

Ok, I know Star Wars news is pretty slow right now....this link was posted on a reddit site: Star Wars speculation. I thought they had some nice photos of the leaked The Last Jedi set. Some I have seen and some I have not....

https://imgur.com/a/YpDeN

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 9:55 am

WhatGirl wrote:
@jakkusun wrote:Wow they really are going to keep Kylo hidden aren't they? And I was so used to him being on virtually every piece of merch. I'm really sad about this but at least it will keep me from buying way to much merch for a while? XD
@jakkusun

They really are. I'll be shocked if we get unmasked Kylo in any of the trailers. It's not impossible but I feel like they're going to save that reveal for the film.
@WhatGirl

Same here. Kylo is what everyone is buzzing about so it would be more prudent, business wise, to save major changes about him until the actual film. Rey is the lead so of course her face will be everywhere; Finn, and Poe aren't as popular among the GA as her and Kylo so it couldn't hurt to push their image to casual fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:00 am

@Darth Dementor wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@jakkusun

@WhatGirl

Same here.  Kylo is what everyone is buzzing about so it would be more prudent, business wise, to save major changes about him until the actual film.  Rey is the lead so of course her face will be everywhere; Finn, and Poe aren't as popular among the GA as her and Kylo so it couldn't hurt to push their image to casual fans.
@Darth Dementor

Poe is the most puzzling one for me. He's been consistently shown so far wearing a helmet and staring off into the distance. They put him next to Rey and Finn to make them look like a trio but Poe looks disconnected from them like he's really on his own. They seem to have marketed TFA this way also but these three characters never directly worked together as a group and I suspect they won't in TLJ either.

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:09 am

WhatGirl wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:Ok, I know Star Wars news is pretty slow right now....this link was posted on a reddit site:  Star Wars speculation.  I thought they had some nice photos of the leaked The Last Jedi set.  Some I have seen and some I have not....

https://imgur.com/a/YpDeN
@Birdwoman

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 3 RvMQvvM

Shocked
@WhatGirl

Prince Harry in an old A wing......as this was used by rebel pilots, this might belong to Luke, Wedge Antilles, Poe (his mother taught him to fly at age 6 using her old A wing) or Laura Dern's character (in case she is Evaan Verlaine).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:12 am

I love bearded Luke!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:47 am

WhatGirl wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@jakkusun

@WhatGirl

Same here.  Kylo is what everyone is buzzing about so it would be more prudent, business wise, to save major changes about him until the actual film.  Rey is the lead so of course her face will be everywhere; Finn, and Poe aren't as popular among the GA as her and Kylo so it couldn't hurt to push their image to casual fans.
@Darth Dementor

Poe is the most puzzling one for me. He's been consistently shown so far wearing a helmet and staring off into the distance. They put him next to Rey and Finn to make them look like a trio but Poe looks disconnected from them like he's really on his own. They seem to have marketed TFA this way also but these three characters never directly worked together as a group and I suspect they won't in TLJ either.
@WhatGirl

Poe is more connected with Finn. They had great chemistry in the two scenes they had together which is why most remember him. And it's a case of the right actor for the right role at the right time. If an average thespian had played him then he would have been written off in TFA like originally planned. It's more Oscars than anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 11:50 am

@Darth Dementor wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@jakkusun

@WhatGirl

Same here. Kylo is what everyone is buzzing about so it would be more prudent, business wise, to save major changes about him until the actual film. Rey is the lead so of course her face will be everywhere; Finn, and Poe aren't as popular among the GA as her and Kylo so it couldn't hurt to push their image to casual fans.
@Darth Dementor

From what I've seen people are more hyped for Luke than for Kylo. Finn and Poe are popular but maybe not as Kylo or Rey. These two are faces of this trilogy.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:05 pm

Yeah, so many people seem to be most interested in Luke and Rey, father training daughter, and the two of them together defeating the villains, and trampling that evil Kylo into the dust because he killed Han. That story is really not what I want to see, because I really want to see Rey and Kylo at the center of things, not the father-daughter tag team where it's almost like Rey can never achieve any independence.

The elaborate dance between heroine and the character representing her shadow/animus is really what I want to watch, because it's something I can relate to. And I feel it's crucial that Rey be the driver not Luke, not beneath a patriarchal umbrella where she cannot break free to make her own choices, for better or worse, which drive the plot. (Not to reduce Kylo to merely a representation btw.)

I feel like some people's online comments (not on this forum ofc) just seem to indicate wanting this story to be a warning to girls. Kylo is attractive but he's a jerk, and you mustn't have any fascination in his character and should keep things as impersonal as possible, and Luke should be present to keep Rey and Kylo from having scenes together. Maybe I'm going too far with this, but it's the feeling I get a lot.

I really want a female driven story since we do have a heroine, but not have it be disguised in Rey embodying patriarchal wisdom. Perhaps I find Luke as Rey's father to be rather threatening really to the story I would like to see. And many will mention her almost as an extension of Luke, or it can seem so reading between the lines.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm

@Acritiqua wrote: feel like some people's online comments (not on this forum ofc) just seem to indicate wanting this story to be a warning to girls. Kylo is attractive but he's a jerk, and you mustn't have any fascination in his character and should keep things as impersonal as possible, and Luke should be present to keep Rey and Kylo from having scenes together. Maybe I'm going too far with this, but it's the feeling I get a lot.
@Acritiqua

What's funny is, I actually do think Luke will be there to try to keep Rey and Kylo apart, but he'll end up inadvertently pushing them even closer together. I can't think of a better way to encourage two people to have a conversation than to forbid them from speaking to each other, tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:02 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote: feel like some people's online comments (not on this forum ofc) just seem to indicate wanting this story to be a warning to girls. Kylo is attractive but he's a jerk, and you mustn't have any fascination in his character and should keep things as impersonal as possible, and Luke should be present to keep Rey and Kylo from having scenes together. Maybe I'm going too far with this, but it's the feeling I get a lot.
@Acritiqua

What's funny is, I actually do think Luke will be there to try to keep Rey and Kylo apart, but he'll end up inadvertently pushing them even closer together. I can't think of a better way to encourage two people to have a conversation than to forbid them from speaking to each other, tbh.
@WhatGirl

Heh, typical Hormonal Horny Teenager behavior.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:04 pm

Star Wars News Net has a big new article on the future of SW:

Obi-Wan movie:

- Kathleen Kennedy and the rest of Lucasfilm fully intend to make an Obi-Wan movie set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, with Ewan McGregor in tow.
- I want to emphasize that it’s a movie, singular – not a trilogy.
- Rogue One’s Gareth Edwards could be returning to the director’s chair, as Kathleen Kennedy was happy with his work on that film.
- An announcement of an Obi-Wan movie might just be one of the big surprises at Celebration Orlando. And it’s not just a gut feeling: This possibility is supported by the existence of a few materials that were made in conjunction with the event.

Boba Fett & The Bounty Hunters

- Rest assured, the Boba Fett movie is not dead.
- As far as I can tell, the movie will most likely not be an origin story.
- It’s not strictly a Boba Fett movie, but a film about an ensemble of bounty hunters on an adventure.
- It sounds as though Fett is just one important component to the movie as opposed to the central character.
- The project is basically going to use the same pitch that it would have had if Trank had directed it. A script was not even ready at the point where Trank would have talked about his movie at Celebration Anaheim, the project has received further development thanks to Kinberg’s efforts.

Young adult SW movie:

- This Star Wars project is going to target the young-adult audience and have slight romantic themes to it.
- Said story is a tragedy…the “love story” angle has more in common with Han & Leia’s romance in The Empire Strikes Back than anything else.
- This is the first major step toward getting a Star Wars movie that’s directed by a woman.
- It doesn’t sound like this is going to be an adaptation of [Lost Stars].

General points on the future:

- There seems to be a plan for a hiatus on Star Wars movies – a plan that will happen after a few years after the end of the Sequel Trilogy.
- Star Wars on television is going to become a big focus over the next few years.
- The new series might be more in-tune with the existing story arcs of the Star Wars saga instead of “filling in gaps” like The Clone Wars and Rebels have.
- Lucasfilm will want to deliberately starve the market of Star Wars movies for a time.
- The powers that be are interested in making sure that there’s not a sense of fatigue.
- Since Star Wars is a generational thing, there will be a gap between the Sequel Trilogy’s end and the new trilogy’s arrival.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/do-not-post-lucasfilms-post-star-wars-episode-ix-plans.html
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:43 pm

@nonesuch wrote:Star Wars News Net has a big new article on the future of SW:

Obi-Wan movie:

- Kathleen Kennedy and the rest of Lucasfilm fully intend to make an Obi-Wan movie set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, with Ewan McGregor in tow.
- I want to emphasize that it’s a movie, singular – not a trilogy.
- Rogue One’s Gareth Edwards could be returning to the director’s chair, as Kathleen Kennedy was happy with his work on that film.
- An announcement of an Obi-Wan movie might just be one of the big surprises at Celebration Orlando. And it’s not just a gut feeling: This possibility is supported by the existence of a few materials that were made in conjunction with the event.

Boba Fett & The Bounty Hunters

- Rest assured, the Boba Fett movie is not dead.
- As far as I can tell, the movie will most likely not be an origin story.
- It’s not strictly a Boba Fett movie, but a film about an ensemble of bounty hunters on an adventure.
- It sounds as though Fett is just one important component to the movie as opposed to the central character.
- The project is basically going to use the same pitch that it would have had if Trank had directed it. A script was not even ready at the point where Trank would have talked about his movie at Celebration Anaheim, the project has received further development thanks to Kinberg’s efforts.

Young adult SW movie:

- This Star Wars project is going to target the young-adult audience and have slight romantic themes to it.
- Said story is a tragedy…the “love story” angle has more in common with Han & Leia’s romance in The Empire Strikes Back than anything else.
- This is the first major step toward getting a Star Wars movie that’s directed by a woman.
- It doesn’t sound like this is going to be an adaptation of [Lost Stars].

General points on the future:

- There seems to be a plan for a hiatus on Star Wars movies – a plan that will happen after a few years after the end of the Sequel Trilogy.
- Star Wars on television is going to become a big focus over the next few years.
- The new series might be more in-tune with the existing story arcs of the Star Wars saga instead of “filling in gaps” like The Clone Wars and Rebels have.
- Lucasfilm will want to deliberately starve the market of Star Wars movies for a time.
- The powers that be are interested in making sure that there’s not a sense of fatigue.
- Since Star Wars is a generational thing, there will be a gap between the Sequel Trilogy’s end and the new trilogy’s arrival.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/do-not-post-lucasfilms-post-star-wars-episode-ix-plans.html
@nonesuch

Thanks for posting.
This is actually big thing.
A lot of info to process. I'am absolutely curious about the next trilogy part - that part of the article seems a bit vague.

Also, Obi Wan movie seems intriguing as well.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

I'm glad they realize the danger of oversaturation and want to prevent that by providing various content in more than one form for different age groups. It's only natural they'd focus on TV content (+ one-off stories) at some point, especially if there will be a considerable time gap between this trilogy and a possible new one (e.g. 10+ years, perhaps greater in-universe skip). Supposing we don't get another RotJ-like ending at the end of IX, Kylo might embark on a journey of atonement and self-discovery, sometime afterwards during this blank period they could get together and a new trilogy afterwards could tell the story of the next generation, i.e. Rey and Kylo's offspring. We can't know for sure, but that's one of the likely options IMO. It all sounds good to me (if true).

P.S.: By "get together" I mean start a family, I reckon their feelings will be made clear in this trilogy for sure if that's the way they're going.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:49 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:I'm glad they realize the danger of oversaturation and want to prevent that by providing various content in more than one form for different age groups. It's only natural that they'd focus on TV content (+ one-off stories) at some point, especially if there will be a considerable time gap between this trilogy and a possible new one (e.g. 10+ years, perhaps greater in-universe skip). Supposing we don't get another RotJ-like ending at the end of IX, Kylo might embark on a journey of atonement and self-discovery, sometime afterwards during this blank period they could get together and a new trilogy afterwards could tell the story of the next generation, i.e. Rey and Kylo's offspring. We can't know for sure, but that's one of the likely options IMO. It all sounds good to me (if true).
@Queen of the Knights

Yeah, but at the same time, I admit I wouldn't want for Rey and Kylo to get together between trilogies. Because seriously, why waste two actors' great chemistry, and it would feel like such a cash grab if they just went like: "Find out how they got together in... this novel, only 30$ at Barnes and Noble!" Heh. It's just me, though.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:59 pm

YAAAAAAASSSSSS OBIIIIIII
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:YAAAAAAASSSSSS OBIIIIIII
@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 3 Giphy
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

Hmmm. This sounds like they probably won't get the same actors back. I think the new trilogy after the sequel trilogy will about about the generation after Kylo and Rey. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't know. Neutral

Kinda sad to hear there's a break coming but I guess it makes sense.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:41 pm

Also, concerning Kylo not being on merch, they're definitely hiding him. I was actually thrilled when I found out he wasn't on the box or in the sizzle. This is how I thought it would go all along.

VIII is Kylo's transformation film. He's not going to be some static character plastered to every box and gum wrapper. Furthermore, his changes are the true character and driving plot behind the movie.

Any picture with his mask and people will say "That merch is from TFA." Any picture without his mask will give away what he looks like in TLJ.

You might ask, "So what? They already gave away what Rey will look like TLJ."

For some reason, LF/Disney want to keep him hidden. Why?

Well, what is more beautiful, the chrysalis or the butterfly?
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

I'm happy to hear about the possibility of a Obi-Wan movie, especially since Ewan McGregor is awesome, available and the perfect age.

If there's going to be a trilogy after the ST that takes place several years later, I wonder if that means the ST story will have a ultimate resolution (so to speak after) at the end of Episode IX. I assume that means certain storylines won't be left hanging and each character's arc will be complete at the end?

It looks like Disney and LF want to branch out of the sagas to other aspects of SW with new characters which is good, but I was hoping to get more stories about the ST characters as well.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:48 pm

Kessel89 wrote:I'm happy to hear about the possibility of a Obi-Wan movie, especially since Ewan McGregor is awesome, available and the perfect age.

If there's going to be a trilogy after the ST that takes place several years later, I wonder if that means the ST story will have a ultimate resolution (so to speak after) at the end of Episode IX. I assume that means certain storylines won't be left hanging and each character's arc will be complete at the end?

It looks like Disney and LF want to branch out of the sagas to other aspects of SW with new characters which is good, but I was hoping to get more stories about the ST characters as well.
@Kessel89

There's plenty of room for spin-off novels, and comics. And we might get glimpses of them in TV shows too.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:New t-shirt designs are up as well, including one that gives a somewhat better view of Rey's costume change:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 3 Swffcf10
@ISeeAnIsland

The placement of Rey's lightsaber in Finn's back is unfortunate Laughing
(Too soon?)
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:00 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Also, concerning Kylo not being on merch, they're definitely hiding him. I was actually thrilled when I found out he wasn't on the box or in the sizzle. This is how I thought it would go all along.

VIII is Kylo's transformation film. He's not going to be some static character plastered to every box and gum wrapper. Furthermore, his changes are the true character and driving plot behind the movie.

Any picture with his mask and people will say "That merch is from TFA." Any picture without his mask will give away what he looks like in TLJ.

You might ask, "So what? They already gave away what Rey will look like TLJ."

For some reason, LF/Disney want to keep him hidden. Why?

Well, what is more beautiful, the chrysalis or the butterfly?
@Xylo Ren

My thoughts exactly!

Seeing Rey's new hairstyle/costume wasn't really ever going to have the same impact as when we finally get to see Kylo and the aftermath of his facial injury and the conflict he was clearly feeling at the end of TFA that could translate through his costume.

Luke had a costume evolution in the OT (as did Leia) but the baddies (Vader/Emperor) didn't so the fact that they're hiding Kylo away could = it has a big significance with/on the character, maybe?  I think I'm talking rubbish, but in my head it sounds legit!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum