ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Hmmm. This sounds like they probably won't get the same actors back. I think the new trilogy after the sequel trilogy will about about the generation after Kylo and Rey. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't know. Neutral

Kinda sad to hear there's a break coming but I guess it makes sense.
@Xylo Ren

I don't know that they won't get them back, but they will probably take on the mentor/parental role, rather than being the main characters.

That said, if there's going to be a generational gap like that, I would expect that to mean that Rey and Kylo's relationship won't be left ambiguous at the end of the ST.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by panki on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

@nonesuch wrote:Star Wars News Net has a big new article on the future of SW:

Obi-Wan movie:

- Kathleen Kennedy and the rest of Lucasfilm fully intend to make an Obi-Wan movie set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, with Ewan McGregor in tow.
- I want to emphasize that it’s a movie, singular – not a trilogy.
- Rogue One’s Gareth Edwards could be returning to the director’s chair, as Kathleen Kennedy was happy with his work on that film.
- An announcement of an Obi-Wan movie might just be one of the big surprises at Celebration Orlando. And it’s not just a gut feeling: This possibility is supported by the existence of a few materials that were made in conjunction with the event.

Boba Fett & The Bounty Hunters

- Rest assured, the Boba Fett movie is not dead.
- As far as I can tell, the movie will most likely not be an origin story.
- It’s not strictly a Boba Fett movie, but a film about an ensemble of bounty hunters on an adventure.
- It sounds as though Fett is just one important component to the movie as opposed to the central character.
- The project is basically going to use the same pitch that it would have had if Trank had directed it. A script was not even ready at the point where Trank would have talked about his movie at Celebration Anaheim, the project has received further development thanks to Kinberg’s efforts.

Young adult SW movie:

- This Star Wars project is going to target the young-adult audience and have slight romantic themes to it.
- Said story is a tragedy…the “love story” angle has more in common with Han & Leia’s romance in The Empire Strikes Back than anything else.
- This is the first major step toward getting a Star Wars movie that’s directed by a woman.
- It doesn’t sound like this is going to be an adaptation of [Lost Stars].

General points on the future:

- There seems to be a plan for a hiatus on Star Wars movies – a plan that will happen after a few years after the end of the Sequel Trilogy.
- Star Wars on television is going to become a big focus over the next few years.
- The new series might be more in-tune with the existing story arcs of the Star Wars saga instead of “filling in gaps” like The Clone Wars and Rebels have.
- Lucasfilm will want to deliberately starve the market of Star Wars movies for a time.
- The powers that be are interested in making sure that there’s not a sense of fatigue.
- Since Star Wars is a generational thing, there will be a gap between the Sequel Trilogy’s end and the new trilogy’s arrival.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/do-not-post-lucasfilms-post-star-wars-episode-ix-plans.html
@nonesuch

This is interesting news.....I can think of possibilities when it comes to the Boba Fett (and bounty hunters) movie and the YA love story:

1. There is concept art and an unfinished clip from some TCW episodes where Cade Bane is training a young Boba Fett to become a bounty hunter, and they have adventures along with other bounty hunters...though I still think it would make a better TV series than a movie.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 Season5WritersConferenceDaveNotes-44-400x517

2. The YA love story could be the romance between Ahsoka when she leaves the jedi order (and works as an agent for the jedi)  and smuggler Nyx Okami who doesn't really believe in the Force (again based on Dave Filoni art work for TCW)....we don't hear of Nyx during the Ahsoka novel so obviously things won't end well. There have been rumors of an Ahsoka anthology movie-maybe this is it.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 P18-part2-action-520x600

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:17 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Hmmm. This sounds like they probably won't get the same actors back. I think the new trilogy after the sequel trilogy will about about the generation after Kylo and Rey. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't know. Neutral

@Xylo Ren

That whole part was really vague, so I didn't read it as necessarily losing the current cast permanently.  I can see them wanting to make people eager and hungry for SW by not having a saga movie until like 7 years after Episode IX, but I really don't see them going beyond 10, and certainly not the 16 years between the OT and PT ... because business-wise it really doesn't make sense if you have this great team and you're going to chuck them for the "Fault Between Our Star Wars" or the Boba Fett movie?  Nothing against either one of those concepts, but those are niche concepts.  RO made half of what TFA made.  Both of those movies would make less than RO, IMO.  I don't need even know if I would bother to see the Boba Fett movie because I just never got that thing, and I am a big SW person, so what about the GA?

I have been reading a lot how Disney has been dominating this tentpole market in a way no one else can match.  They have an excellent formula with Marvel where they bring characters in and out.  They could do something very similar with the current team, but instead they are going to put more eggs in the YA romance basket?  I am not saying the YA romance shouldn't be done, but it will be niche, and it would be smart to have surer things in the pipeline ... and Rey, Kylo, Finn, Poe would be surer things.

Also, I got a very strong impression from the article that things are incredibly fluid at LF/Disney (the massive RO changes speak to this alone).  The only movie that really seems like a "go" is the Obi-Wan one, so if Bob Iger can't show off so much at shareholder's meeting in coming years about box office because things like "Fault between our Star Wars" underwhelmed, all of this speculation could come to naught and they will be on the phone with Daisy Ridley's agent.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

I don't know that they won't get them back, but they will probably take on the mentor/parental role, rather than being the main characters.

That said, if there's going to be a generational gap like that, I would expect that to mean that Rey and Kylo's relationship won't be left ambiguous at the end of the ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

Bolded was my thought exactly. It sounds promising.

Also, as much as I'd love to see an Obi Wan movie - I'am not sure how they could make much of the plot considering the period mentioned in the article.
Obi is on Tatooine, being an old hermit, and watching over Luke.
Not much to do IMO.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ISeeAnIsland

I always kind of thought that they would wrap up the Kylo/Rey story and any Reylo romance by the end of Episode IX.  It would be too much to let it drag on into X, XI, and XII.  I think the next trilogy will probably focus on their kid(s), with Kylo and Rey's roles not being as prominent.  But who knows.  Maybe it will depend on how people respond to the next two movies.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:24 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ISeeAnIsland

Also, as much as I'd love to see an Obi Wan movie - I'am not sure how they could make much of the plot considering the period mentioned in the article.
Not much to do IMO.
@Darth_Awakened

The only things I can imagine of interest in the movie would be Obi watching a young Luke grow, saving Jawas from Tusken raiders, fighting Jabba's thugs, maybe killing a Krayt dragon, communing with Qui Gon Jinn (a good opportunity for Liam Neeson to return) and Yoda through the force to find out what is happening in the galaxy and learning to become a force ghost....maybe they'll explore how the force works and show him writing instructions in his diary for Luke to use in the future?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:33 pm

@panki wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ISeeAnIsland

Not much to do IMO.
@Darth_Awakened

The only things I can imagine of interest in the movie would be Obi watching a young Luke grow, saving Jawas from Tusken raiders, fighting Jabba's thugs, maybe killing a Krayt dragon, communing with Qui Gon Jinn (a good opportunity for Liam Neeson to return) and Yoda through the force to find out what is happening in the galaxy and learning to become a force ghost....maybe they'll explore how the force works and show him writing instructions in his diary for Luke to use in the future?
@panki

Ewan is a big advantage of the possible movie, that's for sure. But I would rather see Obi Wan in some other period than wondering around Tatooine, watching Luke during binary sunset, or sit by the fire and meditating about the Force.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:45 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ISeeAnIsland

I thought about this too.

It will be clearly defined but not entirely sure having kids and family is what wll happen to Ben. It sounds good or perhaps too good to be true and a radical jump from previous trilogy or these films. Especially with Rian Johnson at the helm.

Seeing Ben live and trying to make up for mistakes he did in the past, having Millenium Falcon and a smuggler. That would be pretty poetic to become what his father were. I can't see him with the Ressistance as he will be hated, not with Jedi's or Sith's Light or Dark, more likely grey and doing his own way and living life. Luke/Rey/Kylo Ach-To arc might be just about it, new ways of the Force for example.

Last edited by DarthRen on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 4:47 pm

Well something interesting has to happen on tatooine, it can't all be about sitting there watching Luke. Lol. Maybe he leaves for a side mission? Maybe there's a ton of flashbacks, something....
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:08 pm

@Irina de France wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote: feel like some people's online comments (not on this forum ofc) just seem to indicate wanting this story to be a warning to girls. Kylo is attractive but he's a jerk, and you mustn't have any fascination in his character and should keep things as impersonal as possible, and Luke should be present to keep Rey and Kylo from having scenes together. Maybe I'm going too far with this, but it's the feeling I get a lot.
@Acritiqua

What's funny is, I actually do think Luke will be there to try to keep Rey and Kylo apart, but he'll end up inadvertently pushing them even closer together. I can't think of a better way to encourage two people to have a conversation than to forbid them from speaking to each other, tbh.
@WhatGirl

Heh, typical Hormonal Horny Teenager behavior.
@Irina de France

Attack of the Hormones! Seriously, some of the expectations you see for Luke's role in the next movie make it sound like people think it's going one of Reese Witherspoon's late 90s thrillers where she's an innocent girl whose virginity is in danger of being taken by a bad boy. If it turns out Luke's gone full weird space hobo after 6 years of talking to himself, she may have no choice given the lack of conversation partners other than Chewie.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:19 pm

I am almost certainly a minority on this and it's just a matter of perception, but it has always seemed to me that the once-in-a-lifetime things are more precious, i.e. I wouldn't like to see them milk the story & characters we have come to love unnecessarily. I have to confess I am not a great fan of the Marvel formula, it just loses all sense of uniqueness IMO and inevitably gets repetitive after a while even though each film is part of the continuity and they are usually well-made and fun. I will be satisfied if the current ST story has a clear conclusion yet leaves space for them to possibly pick it up later on, not necessarily after 10 years, but some breather space would be healthy. It is absolutely true that the saga films are what draws the majority of the audience, myself included. I just think that because they are that special, they should treat them with care and not make too many one after the other. They really hit the jackpot with this cast, it's one of the main reasons TFA was so loved (by most) so naturally people would want to see more of them so I doubt we'll lose them. I am a little bit sceptical about Adam's willingness to be heavily involved in another trilogy, but nothing so far had indicated he wouldn't and I would love to see more of Kylo, it's just that if they have a gap, realistically, it's more likely for them to have more of a mentor role than take the central stage again.

I have to say, I am not worried about Rey's origins, Kylo and Rey's development, redemption, trailers or leaks as I am pretty confident in our shared reading of the film and I am sure we are closer to the truth than 99% of the rest of the fandom. Very few things can tick me off. The one and only thing that annoys me every single time is when someone claims that Kylo is not popular. That's a real trigger. xD I don't want it to sound like I am favoritising him (which I totally am), but I genuinely don't believe TFA would have been as impressing and emotionally complex as it was without this character. He just elevates the film to a whole different level, both in terms of characterization and acting. The one thing that truly interests me and makes me watch is to see how they'll handle his story. I never cared about merch so I don't think about whether he's featured or not. I'm sure they will make more than enough Kylo TLJ merch and he'll lead the sales because people love him, especially children. But the fact they're keeping him under wraps on purpose right now is telling, I agree. TLJ will be an important film for Kylo, no doubt about it. Not only will we learn more about his backstory, but it may also be the film where he has to make a critical choice and start this journey towards salvation.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:47 am; edited 3 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:YAAAAAAASSSSSS OBIIIIIII
@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 Giphy
@spacebaby45678

Louis CK is gonna be so happy, hahahaha!

Seriously though, you don't waste a character or actor like that. And if it's done right, it would be what we'd all hoped for after he turned up in Trainspotting, something really amazing (versus just meh as the PT turned out to be).

Also while there'll be a break in movies, LF is a content producing company so there will be books, games, and comics with these characters. The biggest of all have to be whomever Rey's parents are. We'll get some detail to explain the mysteries of how she ended up on Jakku as an orphan and why she's so powerful af (also my guess - how they got mixed up with and murdered by Snoke and the FO). But the meat of their story, possibly even the potential tragic YA love story mentioned, will be left to publishing. Who knows, they may even turn up in something related to Obi-Wan. And not even the possibility of a family connection, but if they were people who he knew or had some connection with (let's say relatives), that would explain how he's not just aware of her through the Force, but able to communicate directly to her in the vision. And unlike the other characters, he knows her name. That's all speculation on my part, but her family are going to turn up in some of the publishing down the line.

As for Kylo's new outfit and appearance. These things take time. Just imagine how many hours Rey was probably asleep so that his stylist could carefully do the blowout for his hair to look perfect when he showed his face to her. That certainly wasn't in the Annie Leibowitz photo, which looked like a bad hair day.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:27 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ISeeAnIsland

It will be clearly defined but not entirely sure having kids and family is what wll happen to Ben. It sounds good or perhaps too good to be true and a radical jump from previous trilogy or these films. Especially with Rian Johnson at the helm.

Seeing Ben live and trying to make up for mistakes he did in the past, having Millenium Falcon and a smuggler. That would be pretty poetic to become what his father were. I can't see him with the Ressistance as he will be hated, not with Jedi's or Sith's Light or Dark, more likely grey and dong his own way and living life. Luke/Rey/Kylo Ach-To arc might be just about it, new ways of the Force for example.
@DarthRen

Well... if it's a generational story... and if it follows the Skywalkers. We can be sure of one thing! Skybabies! And who's the only Skywalker in town? Well... You get the story. It pretty much confirms Kylo will make babies. I wonder how, though?

I personally never thought AD would be back for more SW movies, and I have a feeling Kylo might bite the dust by the end of the ST, but not without leaving a trail.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

@Gemini wrote:Well something interesting has to happen on tatooine, it can't all be about sitting there watching Luke. Lol. Maybe he leaves for a side mission? Maybe there's a ton of flashbacks, something....
@Gemini

The novel Kenobi was a bestseller, and it was all based on the underground crime on Tatooine and settlers, very much like a western. I am sure the standalone would be good, I would have loved if Steven Spielberg would have directed, I am still not a fan of Gareth Edwards.

@snufkin

I am excited for Ewan, I know he really wants this.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 5:58 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Well something interesting has to happen on tatooine, it can't all be about sitting there watching Luke. Lol. Maybe he leaves for a side mission? Maybe there's a ton of flashbacks, something....
@Gemini

The novel Kenobi was a bestseller, and it was all based on the underground crime on Tatooine and settlers, very much like a western. I am sure the standalone would be good, I would have loved if Steven Spielberg would have directed, I am still not a fan of Gareth Edwards.

@snufkin

@spacebaby45678

Me too. And he's such a live wire, it'd be great to see that side of his personality come through more. Not that he had the option, trying to be consistent with Sir Alec Guinness. But non-Jedi chill sassy pants Obi-Wan please!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:08 pm

So I guess reylo won't be like Han and leia then?

I think reylo is more serious and profound than Han and leia

So one of the stand alones has a love story?

Fett or obi?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:16 pm

@Gemini wrote:So I guess reylo won't be like Han and leia then?

I think reylo is more serious and profound than Han and leia

So one of the stand alones has a love story?

Fett or obi?
@Gemini

A 3rd is a stand alone young adult sci fi with a romance like Han & Leia, I know my daughter will be happy. She is a writer and feels like the protaganist of ST are a tad too old. But I think Reylo will be something different. I can't wait to see what it all means.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:17 pm

WHAT, so I spend the day out and when I come here we have news about a Obi-Wan movie????????

OMG I'M SO HAPPY GUYS

Obi-Wan is my fav (thanks to Ewan, he was the best thing about the prequels) and I'm genuinely smiling here!
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:25 pm

@AceofWands wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ISeeAnIsland

Seeing Ben live and trying to make up for mistakes he did in the past, having Millenium Falcon and a smuggler. That would be pretty poetic to become what his father were. I can't see him with the Ressistance as he will be hated, not with Jedi's or Sith's Light or Dark, more likely grey and dong his own way and living life. Luke/Rey/Kylo Ach-To arc might be just about it, new ways of the Force for example.
@DarthRen

Well... if it's a generational story... and if it follows the Skywalkers. We can be sure of one thing! Skybabies! And who's the only Skywalker in town? Well... You get the story. It pretty much confirms Kylo will make babies. I wonder how, though?

I personally never thought AD would be back for more SW movies, and I have a feeling Kylo might bite the dust by the end of the ST, but not without leaving a trail.
@AceofWands

Depends on if Skywalker will still be continuing in the future. If Kylo/Ben dies and have a child, wouldn't that be too much like Darth Vader? I mean, Han would want him to return to home and live.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:25 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

@snufkin

@spacebaby45678

Me too. And he's such a live wire, it'd be great to see that side of his personality come through more. Not that he had the option, trying to be consistent with Sir Alec Guinness. But non-Jedi chill sassy pants Obi-Wan please!
@snufkin

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 Tumblr_o4xy46YqoF1v4ldhqo1_500
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15 - Page 4 Tumblr_o4xy46YqoF1v4ldhqo2_500
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 6:27 pm

@DarthRen wrote:[
@AceofWands

Depends on if Skywalker will still be continuing in the future. If Kylo/Ben dies and have a child, wouldn't that be too much like Darth Vader? I mean, Han would want him to return to home and live.
@DarthRen

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/10/kathleen-kennedy-confirms-saga-films.html

Well. No. Kathleen Kennedy Confirms Saga Films are About 'The Skywalker Family'

But I agree that dying is too much like Vader, OTOH, his journey is very different.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:10 pm

If the ST makes it apparent that Rey and Kylo bone (i.e., we get a "fade to black" from a passionate kissing session), I could see Rey getting knocked up, and if Rey gets pregnant, I'd figure that Kylo is pretty much a goner.

So, as much as I'd love to see a Reylo makeout scene, I am hoping that it stops with that, and any insinuated sex is left to post-ST.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:13 pm

Yesssss an Obi Wan movie!!! Very Happy
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini

@snufkin

@spacebaby45678

@snufkin

I am super stoked about a possible Obi Wan movie, for all of the reasons given here. There was so much crime/Hutt gangster stuff going on on Tatooine at the time that I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some potential for a standalone movie that was set there.

And if Rey is a Kenobi but not Obi Wan's granddaughter (e.g. a grandniece or something), they could lay the groundwork for that in an Obi-wan standalone.

I adore Ewan, and I would kill for the chance to see him reprise that role with a better script in a better movie.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:34 pm

Someone mentioned here the possibility of Ben becoming a smuggler like his father.

I never thought about it before, but it'd be an interesting turn of events. The Skywalker prodigy, the Force sensitive child who turns away from the Force entirely and becomes a thief like the non-sensitive father he rejected.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum