ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by Rogue Rey on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:I noticed the depiction of the two sabers Rey is holding in the poster (Luke's blue and Kylo's red) is a representation of this symbol on the old manuscript bathed in light on that pedestal in the trailer. I've never seen this symbol before (?) It's written on some ancient looking paper. Perhaps the symbol of the first Jedi? Of course the poster is totally symbolic. Rey separates and bridges two uncle and nephew holding representations of their weapons. She will serve as a bridge between them.

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 5MmgoZB

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 17952461_10155192190277733_3027178308382720113_n

On another note, the way Kylo's mask is broken amidst all kinds of shattered glass and stuff makes me think we're getting a scene of Kylo having an emotional breakdown and destroying it himself. The scene clearly takes place aboard a ship. That's all that can be said for now.
@MyOnlyHope

I was thinking that too about Kylo's mask. It does look like the interior of a ship or FO facility and there is smoke coming from the eye socket of the mask. Maybe Snoke wants him to cover his face again, a bit like the scene with Anakin having the Vader mask fitted in ROTS but Kylo freaks and destroys it??? I love to speculate.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by Kessel on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:16 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:The burning thing behind Kylo, do you all think it might be the tree? Didn't MSW report about a scene of Kylo burning it down?
@ZioRen

To be honest, I'm not sure if anything's burning in that shot, besides Kylo's fiery lightsaber - the bright light on the left doesn't look like fire to me.

But who knows...
@Darth Dingbat

it's fire:

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr_ooerx93yzU1toh1cjo1_500

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr_ooerx93yzU1toh1cjo2_500
@vaderito

Yeah, it's definitely fire. I wonder if it's connected to the other burning images in the trailer. There's another image of Luke with R2 in front of what looks like a burning building. At first I thought it might be the past, but perhaps it's the present. Did Kylo and/or the FO (since Phasma is later shown walking out of the fire with stormtroopers) burn down that building and/or tree?
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:I noticed the depiction of the two sabers Rey is holding in the poster (Luke's blue and Kylo's red) is a representation of this symbol on the old manuscript bathed in light on that pedestal in the trailer. It's written on some ancient looking paper. Perhaps the symbol of the first Jedi? Of course the poster is totally symbolic. Rey separates and bridges two uncle and nephew holding representations of their weapons. She will serve as a bridge between them.

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 5MmgoZB

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 17952461_10155192190277733_3027178308382720113_n

On another note, the way Kylo's mask is broken amidst all kinds of shattered glass and stuff makes me think we're getting a scene of Kylo having an emotional breakdown and destroying it himself. The scene clearly takes place aboard a ship. That's all that can be said for now.
@MyOnlyHope

It's the middle of the Jedi Logo

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Il_fullxfull.769667001_sdf0

But that poster ain't Cousins and Luke, that's for sure. or Siblings and their Uncle.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

Okay I'm certain now. Kylo in the trailer is from the past. And he still has his spurting saber which symbolized being unfinished. So that "scar" was just a cut or something.

The picture of him in black is current Kylo, and the scar is in the right place.

Last edited by Acritiqua on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Okay I'm confused about the Kylo shot in the trailer because though it's in the wrong place, the thing on his face definitely looks like a scar. When you look at gifs of the scene you can see for sure it's not hair. I don't know what to think?
@ZioRen

It's a scar and it's in the slightly different place:

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Nauytt11

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr_o6cmpiR0tT1spz1xao4_400

His hair covers the scar on his forehead but it's there and it's thin, just like in TLJ image. The scar should be bigger on his cheek.

However, they changed the position, as you cna see.
@vaderito

I hope it is hair... That's quite the oversight. Suspect

Well, I guess now we know why they contemplated giving him a white eye.
bossbaby
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

Rose looks so lovely H-beating H-beating H-beating A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but it is surely a very Romantic(tm) name for this maintenance technician who gets swept up into Finn's story H-beating
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Rose looks so lovely H-beating H-beating H-beating A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but it is surely a very Romantic(tm) name for this maintenance technician who gets swept up into Finn's story H-beating
@Darth Dingbat

Rose looks super sweet.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:20 pm

@Kessel89

Kylo with the scar, saber and fire behind him = present

Luke falling on his knees in front of the burning temple/Luke and R2 in TFA = past (the night of the massacre)

I'd say Kylo burns the tree.

@darth Dingbat Introducing Rose with Across the Stars was the most ridiculous hint at romance ever. Love it!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:The burning thing behind Kylo, do you all think it might be the tree? Didn't MSW report about a scene of Kylo burning it down?
@ZioRen

To be honest, I'm not sure if anything's burning in that shot, besides Kylo's fiery lightsaber - the bright light on the left doesn't look like fire to me.

But who knows...
@Darth Dingbat

it's fire:

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr_ooerx93yzU1toh1cjo1_500

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr_ooerx93yzU1toh1cjo2_500
@vaderito

Yeah, it's definitely fire. I wonder if it's connected to the other burning images in the trailer. There's another image of Luke with R2 in front of what looks like a burning building. At first I thought it might be the past, but perhaps it's the present. Did Kylo and/or the FO (since Phasma is later shown walking out of the fire with stormtroopers) burn down that building and/or tree?
@Kessel89

The fire over his right shoulder looks like sparks more than fire - similar to the sparks you see when Poe and BB8 are running toward his X-wing and behind it blows up.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:21 pm

@vaderito wrote:@Kessel89

Kylo with the scar, saber and fire behind him = present

Luke falling on his knees in front of the burning temple/Luke and R2 in TFA = past (the night of the massacre)

I'd say Kylo burns the tree.
@vaderito

Totally agree.
When I first heard about the tree burning at Kylo's hands the first thing I did was facepalm because I would not put it past him.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:22 pm

Tbh, I'm not going to analyse individual scenes too much - remember Rogue One trailers? Or Jedi!Finn, anyone? Yeah. Look how that turned out.

But the overall mood of it, the look of it, snippets like books and and and... mmmmmhhhh.

Heavenly day.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:27 pm

Funny though, "I only know one truth" almost sounds like... Adam?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:27 pm

At my first viewing of the trailer I thought the shot with Falcon was over the salty planet.

I was wrong, there's no soil, just the sky. It still could be over Anch To. And it makes things interesting.
What's more those two ties behind it - look like regular Ties not super fancy Kylo's new one.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:28 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Funny though, "I only know one truth" almost sounds like... Adam?
@Darth Dingbat

I agree. I think it's him.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:I loved the trailer, some thoughts:

*Awesome music at the start, gives off a very fairtale-like vibe, fills you with a feeling of magic and anticipation.

*Kylo looks even more beautiful if that was even possible, the scar definitely suits him and is actually barely noticeable; he does have this reflective, sad look on his face, I absolutely LOVE this image, he looks gorgeous, a dark prince indeed Wink

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Screen16

*I don't think there can be more blatant confirmation that it's all about the two of them, it's literally spelt out in the trailer: "The light... the dark... the balance." Their themes follow one another, it's just perfect. The poster also focuses on the Force plot, it's wonderful.

*Luke's words about the Jedi' ending is quite telling IMO, we're in for something different going forward, a new era for the Force.

*Great panel, which also basically confirmed Rey's dissilusionment with her expected image of the legendary hero, Luke, as well as the fact that KMT & Finn will be thrown into an adventure together.

All in all, I think that most if not all of our key predictions so far are validated, another fantastic day for our fandom! I am extremely happy to share the excitement with all of you, bless you & I love you all! Claps

Here is the full panel:

@Queen of the Knights

OMAYGOD WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE?!?!?!?!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Queen of the Knights wrote:I loved the trailer, some thoughts:

*Awesome music at the start, gives off a very fairtale-like vibe, fills you with a feeling of magic and anticipation.

*Kylo looks even more beautiful if that was even possible, the scar definitely suits him and is actually barely noticeable; he does have this reflective, sad look on his face, I absolutely LOVE this image, he looks gorgeous, a dark prince indeed Wink

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Screen16

*I don't think there can be more blatant confirmation that it's all about the two of them, it's literally spelt out in the trailer: "The light... the dark... the balance." Their themes follow one another, it's just perfect. The poster also focuses on the Force plot, it's wonderful.

*Luke's words about the Jedi' ending is quite telling IMO, we're in for something different going forward, a new era for the Force.

*Great panel, which also basically confirmed Rey's dissilusionment with her expected image of the legendary hero, Luke, as well as the fact that KMT & Finn will be thrown into an adventure together.

All in all, I think that most if not all of our key predictions so far are validated, another fantastic day for our fandom! I am extremely happy to share the excitement with all of you, bless you & I love you all! Claps

Here is the full panel:

@Queen of the Knights

OMAYGOD WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE?!?!?!?!
@Rei of Sunshine

They showed it quickly on the panel! It was a blink and you'll miss it type of moment.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:31 pm

@Rei of Sunshine
I think this is the full thing?
ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr11
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:32 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Funny though, "I only know one truth" almost sounds like... Adam?
@Darth Dingbat I thought that Kylo said that line and then Luke finished the sentence (it's combining two separate lines from two different scenes). I feel like the part with Kylo in the trailer might be past him in a confrontation with Luke who tries to set right Kylo's misconceptions (as Luke sees them). Kylo responds with, "I only know one truth..." They are fundamentally opposed ideologically and neither can reach the other. Whatever Kylo believes the truth is (that he can put his faith in) may make what Luke is telling him sound like lies (or simply falsehoods that Luke persists in believing despite whatever it is that caused Kylo's disillusionment).

Last edited by Acritiqua on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm

They look like a band. Angsty band headshots.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm

Okay I'm listening to it obsessively now, and I'm not this forum's Adam Driver expert or anything, but I'm 99.9999% sure "I only know one truth" is him and not Luke.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:35 pm

This link has subtitles, at least I see them:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:35 pm

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Star-wars-8-millennium-falcon

Because it's fun to speculate. Do you think Kylo is with Rey on the Falcon in this scene? I'm going with 80%.
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm

Does anybody see a picture of an adorable human girl where that #CuteAlien is supposed to be? Maybe I need to get my eyes checked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm

@Krafty wrote:@Rei of Sunshine
I think this is the full thing?
ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 4 Tumblr11
@Krafty

I think it's awesome that they even dared to show that side of his face like at all! Even though it's shadowed and barely recognizable, that scar is not half bad!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm

BTW, first scene is Rey coming out of the tree. I think that this is what happens:

Luke leaves Rey in the tree

Rey has a vision of the massacre (cause she's distressed)

Rey gets out

EDIT: I was wrong, it's rocks behind her, not the tree.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum