ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@SoloSideCousin Great analysis! I speculated yesterday that Kylo might already (unwittingly) be on board with the whole dark + light = balance thing because of him being described as a focal point of light and dark. Plus, Snoke supposedly values Kylo for his light/dark so he could already have been indoctrinated in the ancient ways of the original Jedi or maybe some ancient order that came before them. Remember we don't know what Snoke and Kylo identify as yet as it's been clearly stated that they are not Sith. It does point to some ideological split between Ben and Luke in the past which Snoke exploited. Luke may have been too closed minded with his acolytes and treating Anakin's redemption with such reverence. He and Ben must have discovered stuff on their hunt for old Jedi law that gave Ben pause for thought, but maybe Luke shut him down and tried to hide/destroy books or other relics that contradicted his beliefs. In that context, the Vader reveal was probably the last straw for Ben, if he hadn't already turned by that point.

One more piggyback in terms of it being similar themes to do with a schism between original teacher and apprentice over the control of knowledge and actual practice. Going to guess they're drawing from some of the same general well of ideas about spirituality Susanna Clarke did (also where we've gotten into discussions in the past about the Phillip Pullman's, His Dark Materials trilogy). You could roughly say that Snoke = Gentleman with Thistledown Hair, Luke=Norrell, Ben= Strange, & Rey=Also equal Strange but also Flora. Also in terms of religion, hasn't it come up before but you have a director and the 3 lead actors who were all brought up in Evangelical households, two of whom are preachers' kids?

Various biographies refer to Susanna Clarke as the daughter of a Methodist minister. And she has a knack for portraying the rise and fall of institutions, their schisms, factions, and prejudices. Interestingly, in Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, magic exists right alongside the Church and all the other institutions of English life. In fact, Arabella’s bother is a clergyman, and seems to have no objection to her marrying a magician. Yet, as is typical of the religious and colonial chauvinism of the times, “Christian” and “human” are used interchangeably. No one questions why these terms of existential respect are not extended to other Beings like the fairies.

The conflict between Norrell and Strange (and their later followers, “Norrellites” and “Strangeites”) could represent so many philosophical disagreements throughout history: Platonism versus Aristotalianism, Enlightenment rationality versus Romantic feeling, scholasticism versus reformation. I see Norrell as a by-the-book Presbyterian and Strange as adding that extra dash of the Holy Spirit, perhaps the “experience” found in the Wesleyan Quadrilateral, or the charismatic practice of evangelicals.

What strikes me most about the book and the series, however, is the state of magic at the beginning of the story. It is a dead tradition—“theoretical” not “practical.” I can’t help but think of it as a critique of the sclerotic institution of the Church. It has become frozen in time like the statues at York Minster. When it does speak it spouts its ancient language to an uncomprehending society and argues about controversies that have long ceased to be important.

I don’t think it’s too much of a spoiler to say that eventually, Strange and Norrell find they must help each other—that they correct each others’ excesses and play off each others’ strengths. Coming from a “Norrellite” Christian tradition, I long for some of the “Strangite” elan, a “what-the-hell-let’s-try it” spirit of adventure, especially in our worship practices and our theology. Meanwhile, there is a movement of evangelicals in the Emergent Church trying to introduce ritual, tradition, and scholastic rigor to their branch of Christianity.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:As I recall, and I don't have the pictures to hand, but didn't that tree look scorched on those photographs that appeared in the tabloids? The fire might be extinguished before it or its contents are totally destroyed. *Goes to look for the photos*
@Mrs Ben Solo

Yes it did look scorched.  I also think that Luke is definitely coming out of the "tree cave" with that last "the Jedi must end" The Searchers shot.

Until something tells me different, I think that Kylo has been after those books all this time.  He might have sold it to Hux and Snoke that he wanted to kill Skywalker, but instead he wanted to knowledge.

Also, my husband and I were talking about the gloved hands near the book page.  He thinks it's Kylo's hand in a flashback.  He thinks this because (1) Rey never seems to wear a proper glove, but instead wears that half-glove thing connected to the armbands ... and Luke has always wore black gloves.  It's not a slam dunk by any means, but it's possible that Ben Solo had a more earth-toned palette at some point, and while wearing beige gloves he found that the book ... an old book that advocated use of both the light and the dark side of the force as a means of achieving balance.  I would think that this kind of theory would be very attractive to someone like Ben Solo who, if all this half-light/half-dark stuff is carried through, would really want to find another way more suited to him because he seems like someone who would be very poorly suited to a traditional Jedi lifestyle.

As a result, Ben could have been very enthusiastic about this find, while Luke would have been completely horrified.  To Luke the dark side is completely abhorrent because of how Obi-Wan and Yoda taught him and also because of how his own father was completely corrupted when he dove into it ... and perhaps most importantly of all, Luke could have some PTSD from his force lightning experience with the emperor.  Add this kind of discovery to maybe some discovery of the Jedi purging emotional forceusers (that would be warped by the experience and become the would-be Sith) and you get pretty good makings for a schism.

I don't know how Snoke would come into it at this point, though I imagine it will have something to do with Snoke giving some lip service to appreciating both sides of the force.  Snoke is still such a mystery.

But if anyone blows up the books, I will be shocked if it's not Luke.  Think about it.  If Luke is acting like the knowledge-hoarding old Jedi (remember part of the reason Anakin lost it was because the Council acted like censors on information), he will want to guard this information and not let it get out.  But if it looks like Kylo is going to get access to it and is going to impart it to Rey, I could see Luke losing it, preferring to destroy it than let it get out. 

Also, remember the old rumors about how Luke was supposed to have become really powerful, but at the same time have really poor force control.  If you think of it that way, Luke's blowing up the tree cave/hut could be a totally reactionary, instantaneous moment of fear.  Think of how Kylo threw Rey into the tree when she tried to shoot him.  I personally think that he never intended to do that.  I think he wanted to freeze her, but then was such an emotional mess that he lost control of his powers.  Luke could be the same.  Luke could be terrified by that information.  Luke could want the Jedi to end, less because it became corrupt later, but because he finds its earliest teachings to be corrupt.  Kylo could actually think the opposite.  He could think the more recent incarnations of the Jedi were terrible, but might think that the early Jedi, the "pre-Jedi purge of the Sith" Jedi were the way to go.

This of course is all speculation, but I do think that the books, which seem to definitely be in a tree, are a very big deal ... and if they are trying to normalize Kylo/Ben to some extent (as indicated by the "makes him look even hotter" scar and Adam Driver's mention of how TLJ emphasizes Kylo's humanity), I just don't see them putting a "burning of the library at Alexandra" on his plate as well.  OTOH, though that would sully Luke's image somewhat, I think he could carry it because he has so much built-in good will and because they will make his fear understandable based on his own personal experiences that everyone watched.

@darthren, @lily snape
@SoloSideCousin

It will fit my idea based of on the Bothan's spy theory. It wasn't a hut that exploded, it was the Tree. And as the rumor said it was Luke who did it.
I have only one problem with it: why he didn't do it earlier ? There had to be something provoking Luke to destroy it exactly at that point.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:00 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@SoloSideCousin Great analysis! I speculated yesterday that Kylo might already (unwittingly) be on board with the whole dark + light = balance thing because of him being described as a focal point of light and dark. Plus, Snoke supposedly values Kylo for his light/dark so he could already have been indoctrinated in the ancient ways of the original Jedi or maybe some ancient order that came before them. Remember we don't know what Snoke and Kylo identify as yet as it's been clearly stated that they are not Sith. It does point to some ideological split between Ben and Luke in the past which Snoke exploited. Luke may have been too closed minded with his acolytes and treating Anakin's redemption with such reverence. He and Ben must have discovered stuff on their hunt for old Jedi law that gave Ben pause for thought, but maybe Luke shut him down and tried to hide/destroy books or other relics that contradicted his beliefs. In that context, the Vader reveal was probably the last straw for Ben, if he hadn't already turned by that point.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thank you! :-)  Also thank you @motherofpearl. :-)

And on the bolded ... ooohhhh good thought on the Vader reveal!!! Ben may have had problems with Luke for a long time, but stayed with him in spite of them (and perhaps even resisted Snoke for a while out of loyalty to family and in the belief that Luke meant well), but when the Vader reveal comes up, Luke is just going to look like a total liar to Ben and all that previous "give him the benefit of the doubt" will just crumble away ... especially if Snoke has been telling Ben that Luke is a liar all the while.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:03 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:As I recall, and I don't have the pictures to hand, but didn't that tree look scorched on those photographs that appeared in the tabloids? The fire might be extinguished before it or its contents are totally destroyed. *Goes to look for the photos*
@Mrs Ben Solo

Yes it did look scorched.  I also think that Luke is definitely coming out of the "tree cave" with that last "the Jedi must end" The Searchers shot.

Until something tells me different, I think that Kylo has been after those books all this time.  He might have sold it to Hux and Snoke that he wanted to kill Skywalker, but instead he wanted to knowledge.

Also, my husband and I were talking about the gloved hands near the book page.  He thinks it's Kylo's hand in a flashback.  He thinks this because (1) Rey never seems to wear a proper glove, but instead wears that half-glove thing connected to the armbands ... and Luke has always wore black gloves.  It's not a slam dunk by any means, but it's possible that Ben Solo had a more earth-toned palette at some point, and while wearing beige gloves he found that the book ... an old book that advocated use of both the light and the dark side of the force as a means of achieving balance.  I would think that this kind of theory would be very attractive to someone like Ben Solo who, if all this half-light/half-dark stuff is carried through, would really want to find another way more suited to him because he seems like someone who would be very poorly suited to a traditional Jedi lifestyle.

As a result, Ben could have been very enthusiastic about this find, while Luke would have been completely horrified.  To Luke the dark side is completely abhorrent because of how Obi-Wan and Yoda taught him and also because of how his own father was completely corrupted when he dove into it ... and perhaps most importantly of all, Luke could have some PTSD from his force lightning experience with the emperor.  Add this kind of discovery to maybe some discovery of the Jedi purging emotional forceusers (that would be warped by the experience and become the would-be Sith) and you get pretty good makings for a schism.

I don't know how Snoke would come into it at this point, though I imagine it will have something to do with Snoke giving some lip service to appreciating both sides of the force.  Snoke is still such a mystery.

But if anyone blows up the books, I will be shocked if it's not Luke.  Think about it.  If Luke is acting like the knowledge-hoarding old Jedi (remember part of the reason Anakin lost it was because the Council acted like censors on information), he will want to guard this information and not let it get out.  But if it looks like Kylo is going to get access to it and is going to impart it to Rey, I could see Luke losing it, preferring to destroy it than let it get out. 

Also, remember the old rumors about how Luke was supposed to have become really powerful, but at the same time have really poor force control.  If you think of it that way, Luke's blowing up the tree cave/hut could be a totally reactionary, instantaneous moment of fear.  Think of how Kylo threw Rey into the tree when she tried to shoot him.  I personally think that he never intended to do that.  I think he wanted to freeze her, but then was such an emotional mess that he lost control of his powers.  Luke could be the same.  Luke could be terrified by that information.  Luke could want the Jedi to end, less because it became corrupt later, but because he finds its earliest teachings to be corrupt.  Kylo could actually think the opposite.  He could think the more recent incarnations of the Jedi were terrible, but might think that the early Jedi, the "pre-Jedi purge of the Sith" Jedi were the way to go.

This of course is all speculation, but I do think that the books, which seem to definitely be in a tree, are a very big deal ... and if they are trying to normalize Kylo/Ben to some extent (as indicated by the "makes him look even hotter" scar and Adam Driver's mention of how TLJ emphasizes Kylo's humanity), I just don't see them putting a "burning of the library at Alexandra" on his plate as well.  OTOH, though that would sully Luke's image somewhat, I think he could carry it because he has so much built-in good will and because they will make his fear understandable based on his own personal experiences that everyone watched.

@darthren, @lily snape
@SoloSideCousin

It will fit my idea based of on the Bothan's spy theory. It wasn't a hut that exploded, it was the Tree. And as the rumor said it was Luke who did it.
I have only one problem with it: why he didn't do it earlier ?  There had to be something provoking Luke to destroy it exactly at that point.
@Darth_Awakened

It's possible that Luke just didn't want to "burn books".  It's also possible that Luke couldn't quite get to all of them because he is only a single forceuser ... but knew that something old and serious was in there ... but then when two forceusers, one lightish, the other darkish, when working together can get in, Luke freaks out.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:08 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I have the same feeling for several reasons.
The film starts where the other ends - I think when Kylo goes to Ahct To he isn't fully recovered
If there's a scene where Kylo and Rey are in a hut together then what could possibly lead them to the stage where they talk rather than fight - is it because he saves her then is overcome by his injuries and Rey tries to help him?

@motherofpearl1
With what has been said above (or what is it in another thread?) about Bothan-Spy's leaks about Luke blowing up a Force hut... I'm starting to wonder if things don't go down like this:

- Snoke sends Kylo on Ahch-To even if he's not fully recovered;
- In the meantime, Rey learns something about Kylo that makes her more sympathetic towards him (because sure, there's a shot where we see her running with her lightsaber ignited and looking angry, but it doesn't mean it's the scene where Kylo arrives on Ahch-To);
- Kylo and Rey meet, and while Luke fights whoever is accompanying Kylo, they fight on their own. Rey tells him what she knows, and he is taken aback, but before he can add anything else, sea monster happens;
- They beat the sea monster, but Kylo is overcome by his injuries and Rey has to drag him to a hutt;
- They start talking, Kylo tells Rey that he has come to retrieve the books that can be found in the Force tree (because I'm pretty sure he has "personal interests" we are not privy to yet), and Rey agrees to help him;
- Luke overhears them, gets angry, and sets the Force tree on fire (exploding hut).
@Irina de France

Isn't sea monster part of her training? Rey was supposed fall of the cliff or disappear in the original Bothan's leaks and Luke sneaking up on Kylo but not wanting to kill him after diaptching his accompany.
@DarthRen

Yes, but it seems a bit steep just for training purposes!
@motherofpearl1

I just what Bothan original leaks said but yeah I'd imagine different types of training, althought since Luke is not a crazy guy ... who knows what he puts her through.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:09 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@darthren, @lily snape
@SoloSideCousin

I have only one problem with it: why he didn't do it earlier ?  There had to be something provoking Luke to destroy it exactly at that point.
@Darth_Awakened

It's possible that Luke just didn't want to "burn books".  It's also possible that Luke couldn't quite get to all of them because he is only a single forceuser ... but knew that something old and serious was in there ... but then when two forceusers, one lightish, the other darkish, when working together can get in, Luke freaks out.
@SoloSideCousin

I wonder as well: were these books something that Ben & Luke found and what provokes their crisis of faith and Luke took it with him to Anch To. Or was, so to say, a secret treasure of the first Jedi temple: some sort of "10 commandments" in terms of Jedi as we had speculated a lot before.
I can't remember exactly and precisely but Rian actually spoke on Twitter about Raiders of the Lost Arc and the influence on TLJ.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:14 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

I'm just gonna piggyback on here because I know you've also read the novel/seen the BBC miniseries. But we could see a rift between Luke and Ben a la Mr Norrell the knowledge hoarder and Jonathan Strange over investigating the more ancient and darker versions of magic.
@snufkin

Yes, I love Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell!

It is a good comparison, especially given the consequences that befell both Strange and Norrell (and others such as Lady Pole) for their separate stances and then being forced to unite and work together in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:16 pm

We aren't exactly sure on the timing of the Vader reveal vs. Ben turning, but I also think it was the last straw for Ben. We know Leia believed Ben was with Luke at the time, she kept thinking she needed to reach him to tell him about Vader, and then was too late and Ben found out. It could have even resulted in others turning on him when they find out.

Snoke may have been following Palp's model and telling Ben that Luke and Co. were trying to keep Ben less powerful and from his true calling in following Vader.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:20 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@darthren, @lily snape
@SoloSideCousin

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

I wonder as well: were these books something that Ben & Luke found and what provokes their crisis of faith and Luke took it with him to Anch To. Or was, so to say, a secret treasure of the first Jedi temple: some sort of "10 commandments" in terms of Jedi as we had speculated a lot before.
I can't remember exactly and precisely but Rian actually spoke on Twitter about Raiders of the Lost Arc and the influence on TLJ.
@Darth_Awakened

I was only thinking of Raiders of The Lost Arc in relation to the Ahch-To plot last night! In that movie, you had Indiana Jones and Beloc who were very similar in some ways. Beloc wanted what was inside the arc for his own glory, though, whereas Indiana Jones looked away. I only hope this doesn't end with Kylo getting his face melted off!

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:25 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:We aren't exactly sure on the timing of the Vader reveal vs. Ben turning, but I also think it was the last straw for Ben. We know Leia believed Ben was with Luke at the time, she kept thinking she needed to reach him to tell him about Vader, and then was too late and Ben found out. It could have even resulted in others turning on him when they find out.

Snoke may have been following Palp's model and telling Ben that Luke and Co. were trying to keep Ben less powerful and from his true calling in following Vader.
@ReyofLightSide

On the bold, this, and I imagine that Snoke could take it another serious leap further ... he could also say that Luke is advocating for false or even "heretical" and "dangerous" doctrine.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm

I wonder if Luke's temple* might have exploded somehow? I just wonder because I watched the teaser again and noticed there are burning bits and bobs scattered quite far from the burning building. Also the mysterious wreckage to the right of Luke; what is that?

*) Assuming it was a temple; it's actually a bit weird Luke's Jedi had such a big temple when Bloodline made it sound like they led a rather nomadic life.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:35 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I wonder if Luke's temple* might have exploded somehow? I just wonder because I watched the teaser again and noticed there are burning bits and bobs scattered quite far from the burning building. Also the mysterious wreckage to the right of Luke; what is that?

*) Assuming it was a temple; it's actually a bit weird Luke's Jedi had such a big temple when Bloodline made it sound like they led a rather nomadic life.
@Darth Dingbat

True- did something crash into it? Did Kylo or someone just make it explode in anger?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:36 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

I'm just gonna piggyback on here because I know you've also read the novel/seen the BBC miniseries. But we could see a rift between Luke and Ben a la Mr Norrell the knowledge hoarder and Jonathan Strange over investigating the more ancient and darker versions of magic.
@snufkin

Yes, I love Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell!

It is a good comparison, especially given the consequences that befell both Strange and Norrell (and others such as Lady Pole) for their separate stances and then being forced to unite and work together in the end.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Yeah I think that Rey's going to be the character who realizes this first and it may be part of DR's comment that she's not sure how audiences will take some of Rey's actions/choices in the next chapter given what they liked about her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:37 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@darthren, @lily snape
@SoloSideCousin

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

@Darth_Awakened

I was only thinking of Raiders of The Lost Arc in relation to the Ahch-To plot last night! In that movie, you had Indiana Jones and Beloc who were very similar in some ways. Beloc wanted what was inside the arc for his own glory, though, whereas Indiana Jones looked away. I only hope this doesn't end with Kylo getting his face melted off!

@Mrs Ben Solo

I hope not.
Actually, when we tend to speculate about the similarities in the movies or influences, we always sort of compare the story line or characters which is, of course, a natural thing to do.
However, I think that certain influences work more on the cinematographic level - more than literally on copy-pasting the story line or characters. Which is definitely not my area of expertise.
Who knows what Rian picked up in Raiders: theme, atmosphere or camera angles ?

Don't worry Beloc is not the last Skywalker, so he won't end melted.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:41 pm

Sorry for DP

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I wonder if Luke's temple* might have exploded somehow? I just wonder because I watched the teaser again and noticed there are burning bits and bobs scattered quite far from the burning building. Also the mysterious wreckage to the right of Luke; what is that?

@Darth Dingbat

Yep. I was pretty much shocked by it. I imagined something like a camp of Jesus and his followers somewhere in the wild and then:BAM!
a place that looks  like Taj Mahal.

Also someone mentioned that it looks pretty much weird that it was destroyed by only one person (i.e. Ben)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm

I just figured that the gloved hand belonged to Rey and that she had her scavenger gloves in her pack that she took to Ahch-to.

But hey of course we don't know anything at this point - it's all open for speculation.  But these gloves do look a little darker than the one seen in the trailer

ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 38 CwMdBE5KXRoIBEBLAAoaDB0aBlwdABddFREMBwURWwxdQVVSR0oaBgAaW0VQQ0JVUV0WAAIFRAMVFwFeVVJfXURTWQMEEw==
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:45 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_oofl7lgXBC1rgz8jq_400

I don't know where this might be from, but isn't there green in the background? So either green screen or Ahch-To, I would think...?
@Darth Dingbat

It does look like it's unfinished, as if they have more special effects to put in.
@motherofpearl1

he doesn't seem on Ahch-to cause I see some metal construct behind him.
@vaderito

When I first saw it I had the impression he is standing in a FO ship
@ReyofLightSide

Heck, Adam's eyelashes... Stretcher
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:58 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_inline_oofl7lgXBC1rgz8jq_400

I don't know where this might be from, but isn't there green in the background? So either green screen or Ahch-To, I would think...?
@Darth Dingbat

It does look like it's unfinished, as if they have more special effects to put in.
@motherofpearl1

@vaderito

@ReyofLightSide

@motherofpearl1

I love this picture of him, but I'll be honest those eyes are bugging me and I hope to god they're not yellow. I didn't like the yellow eyes in the prequels even though we were all absolutely certain Anakin was falling to the Darkside, and I sure as sith do not want them on Kylo. I am encouraged that this the only photo of him that's been released that has a hint of that though, so there's that.

Other than that though, I love the photo and it continues the them of the "little boy lost" expression on his face.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:04 pm

@IoJovi Yellow eyes at the beginning of the movie after Snoke gave him good scolding is no big deal. He can go from yellow eyes back to normal ones when he is far from Snoke's influence. I mean, what's the point of stranding him with Luke and Rey if he's going to be Snoke's Borg drone?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:14 pm

@vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Yellow eyes at the beginning of the movie after Snoke gave him good scolding is no big deal. He can go from yellow eyes back to normal ones when he is far from Snoke's influence. I mean, what's the point of stranding him with Luke and Rey if he's going to be Snoke's Borg drone?
@vaderito

I just don't care for the concept at all though, whether it means he's immersed in the Darkside, or if they became pink signalling he's on his way back to the light!!! It's cheesy and it takes the focus off of his beautiful face. I'm grateful the rest of the marketing pieces we've seen shows him with his normal brown eyes, so I'm happy about that. That makes me think it's just the lighting or the way it was shot, perhaps with a filter.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:14 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@motherofpearl1

@vaderito

@ReyofLightSide

@motherofpearl1

I love this picture of him, but I'll be honest those eyes are bugging me and I hope to god they're not yellow. I didn't like the yellow eyes in the prequels even though we were all absolutely certain Anakin was falling to the Darkside, and I sure as sith do not want them on Kylo. I am encouraged that this the only photo of him that's been released that has a hint of that though, so there's that.

Other than that though, I love the photo and it continues the them of the "little boy lost" expression on his face.

@IoJovi

Okay..
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/771332/Star-Wars-Kylo-Ren-The-Last-Jedi-Darth-Vader-Anakin-lightsaber-cloak-mask-scar

Now, we all know this is a load of rubbish. But I did read somewhere there was concept art of Kylo with one cloudy eye and it was dismissed.
So..perhaps they either decided to go with the 'eye' look after all or this was shot before they scrapped the look. Because it's only Kylo's right eye you can see clearly here.
Or maybe he's so full of anger at Rey that his eyes start out yellow and turn brown later on...but as many have pointed out he's not a Sith. Even Snoke, the uber baddie, doesn't have yellow eyes.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:14 pm

@IoJovi Yeha, the concept is stupid. off with yellow contacts.

@motherofpearl1 Express is getting their "scoops" from Mike Zeroh. No point linking them.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm

It's funny, but people are arguing that the scar isn't 'severe' enough, but the more you look at it the more painful it looks. Not repulsive - far from it - but ....ouch.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

@vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Yeha, the concept is stupid. off with yellow contacts.

@motherofpearl1 Express is getting their "scoops" from Mike Zeroh. No point linking them.
@vaderito

Like I said it's crap, but there was originally concept art somewhere where they considered it but scrapped it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:22 pm

The photo was clearly shot with some kind of pale filter. His skin looks totally grey (like a vampire, lol). Kylo isn't a Sith, Snoke isn't a Sith and neither of them is going to have yellow eyes. It's boggling my mind that this is getting as much attention as it is when we have an entire trailer full of a shattered mask and Rey saying "light and darkness, balance, it's so much bigger!", shots of Kylo all Byronic and the poster featuring the Ahch-To trio.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum