Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:05 pm

OH MY GOD in this article they say that there is 6 inches Hera Syndulla coming out on Force Friday. I hope it does not look like the skinny one I saw in some stores which does not look like her at all. It's about time she gets something. Also Thrawn will get a 6 inches action figure. Stupid question: is Force Friday an international event or will I have to cry my eyes out looking at only the US collecting the goodies?

http://screenrant.com/force-friday-2017-toys-checklist/
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 4:01 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so I've been thinking a lot about how Ezra will succumb to the dark side in season 4. My theory stems from what the Inquisitor/Temple Guard spirit said to Kanan in the episode "Shroud of Darkness". He said something along the lines of "if you attempt to save him, you will perish for your failure" (not an exact quote). The Inquisitor has also told Kanan that "there are some things more terrifying than death". Forgive me if this has already been speculated, but what if Ezra kills Kanan? Now, I can't see Ezra deliberately striking Kanan down, but I can see a scenario play out where Ezra is about to strike out, in a blind rage, and Kanan attempts to stop him only to be cut down. What's more terrifying than death? How about accidentally killing your mentor, friend and father figure? That would be the final nail in the coffin for Ezra. His final step into shadow so to speak. This theory was sparked after I watched a clip from the "KoToR: Knights of the Fallen Empire" video game  where Thexan attempts to stop his brother, Arcann, from killing his father only to be accidentally killed himself. I don know, its crazy. LOL! But Filoni does like to say " there is always a bit of truth in legends". Wink
@TheBastardofMandalore

Why do you think Ezra will succumb to the dark side? He already faced the test and passed when Maul was trying to tempt him. In the last episodes he has shown nothing but a kind heart and a lot of maturity. I might be wrong but I don't see any hint that he'll fall to the dark side not in the last episodes of season 3 not in the trailer for season 4.

I always wonder why so many people seem to expect this ending for him and I don't understand what that would bring to the show. He is not Anakin, why should he follow the same trajectory? That someone or several characters might die, yeah, I could see that  Crying or Very sad , but dark side? There has to be some sort of closure for the show. The show ending with a character used as an example for kids (I believe it's still PG7 and 6 in some other countries) turning evil or even killing his mentor by mistake is like grim, very grim. I don't know but I don't see them going down this road especially not when they had the opportunity to make him fall earlier in the show and then had a chance to show his redemption.

The trailer shows a lot of battles, speaks of balance, Ezra is seen saving Sabine on the wolf and fighting alongside the Mandalorians. I expect some characters to sacrifice their lives. In terms of death, I unfortunately bet on Kanan dying. I don't want him to, really really not, but I could see him sacrifice himself for Ezra to achieve whatever. What would be really cool is if the last image of SWR shows Ezra on an island which the audience would recognize as being Ahch-To. Can you imagine? That would tie SWR neatly to the ST Very Happy
@SanghaRen

I hear you! I would love for Ezra to have a happy ending and I'm hoping he will. But I just have a feeling that this is where his story is headed. For me the foreshadowing of these past three seasons is too much to ignore. I can see him going down a darker path. Not necessarily joining the dark side but he will lose his way in one way or another.

As for the grim-ness of my speculation, I agree! It is a dark concept, but nothing the show hasn't tackled before despite it having a TV-Y rating. There has been child abduction, torture, maiming, forced suicide, mass genocide and martyrdom. There was an interview with Freddie (Kanan) regarding season 4 and he said that it will be darker and tackle some very tough, adult concepts. All this being said, I'm with you that I hope there is a nice tie off for the end of the series. Something bittersweet, yet hopeful.  
avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 4:37 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:OH MY GOD in this article they say that there is 6 inches Hera Syndulla coming out on Force Friday. I hope it does not look like the skinny one I saw in some stores which does not look like her at all. It's about time she gets something. Also Thrawn will get a 6 inches action figure. Stupid question: is Force Friday an international event or will I have to cry my eyes out looking at only the US collecting the goodies?

http://screenrant.com/force-friday-2017-toys-checklist/
@SanghaRen

I think it's only a US thing. But, I'm not completely sure. I think it has to do with international licensing/pricing legal hurdles. Those issues take a while to sort out. I would think they would try to have an Force-Friday for other regions as well. It might not fall on the same day as the US event but it would bring more money into Disney's merchandising machine and make international fans very happy.
avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by panki on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 1:35 am


panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12484
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 9:23 am

OMG Target ships to Germany. In case I don't find Hera here, I could have it shipped. I'll probably pay more for the shipping as the action figure, which costs 18 EUR. I think the face is not accurate, but it is probably close to what a non animated version of Hera would look like and I guess that is the goal.



I did not find Thrawn.

I also saw that Amazon FR sells Season 3 that will be released on October 10th in both French and English. I think I can get it shipped to Germany. Yes!!
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 3:54 pm

I'd have one request for Dave Filoni. Can we see just once Hera in other clothes and maybe even without headpiece? And Sabine in a dress Smile Just because. To please the fans. Oh, and Kanan in shorts and a hawaian shirt - I can picture him with a surfer look. DF: you don't have to include it in the show, you can add it as a bonus : the Ghost team having a day off.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Blackcanary on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:02 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:I'd have one request for Dave Filoni. Can we see just once Hera in other clothes and maybe even without headpiece? And Sabine in a dress Smile Just because. To please the fans. Oh, and Kanan in shorts and a hawaian shirt - I can picture him with a surfer look. DF: you don't have to include it in the show, you can add it as a bonus : the Ghost team having a day off.
@SanghaRen

There was actually a shot of Hera from the trailer (alongside Zeb wearing a DELIGHTFUL hat), where she seems to be undercover and wearing civilian clothes, so you're going to get at least part of your wish:

avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 222
Likes : 1179
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

@Blackcanary wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:I'd have one request for Dave Filoni. Can we see just once Hera in other clothes and maybe even without headpiece? And Sabine in a dress Smile Just because. To please the fans. Oh, and Kanan in shorts and a hawaian shirt - I can picture him with a surfer look. DF: you don't have to include it in the show, you can add it as a bonus : the Ghost team having a day off.
@SanghaRen

There was actually a shot of Hera from the trailer (alongside Zeb wearing a DELIGHTFUL hat), where she seems to be undercover and wearing civilian clothes, so you're going to get at least part of your wish:

@Blackcanary

Wow, I missed that shot. Yey bounce And look at these toned arms! She looks so different in that shot. The more I look at the trailer, the more impatient I grow. There's so many cool things in it.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 3:47 pm

So the 3rd season is released on home video in the US and there are some nice extracts from the bonus material. It's all in the Star Wars channel on YT.

Then there's an interview of Dave Filoni on StarWars.com which I think is nice.
http://www.starwars.com/news/dave-filoni-interview-star-wars-rebels-season-three

For the fourth season, we'll have more of Sabine's family issues and big battles where the spaceship designs and ways of fighting have been aligned with the team working on Rogue One. And I liked this question and answer on Yoda and OB1 telling Luke to destroy Vader.



An interview of Vanessa Marshall - someone else in this forum actually found that one.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/exclusive-vanessa-marshall-talks-star-wars-rebels-season-3-hera-vs-gamora-and-previews-final-season-a153501

No spoiler really, but she mentions being curious as to how Kanan and Hera's relationship develops. Really? There are people who want Kanan and Hera together as in #Kanhera ? I have like no idea where she gets that from Very Happy
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Blackcanary on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 12:16 pm

New trailer! Is it weird that i'm more excited for this than TLJ?



Also...Kanan is utterly doomed, isn't he? Crying or Very sad
avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 222
Likes : 1179
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 2:55 pm

@Blackcanary wrote:New trailer! Is it weird that i'm more excited for this than TLJ?



Also...Kanan is utterly doomed, isn't he? Crying or Very sad
@Blackcanary

This season looks amazing! I love you cheers

Yeah, unfortunately, I think Kanan's time is almost up... No
avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@Blackcanary wrote:New trailer! Is it weird that i'm more excited for this than TLJ?



Also...Kanan is utterly doomed, isn't he? Crying or Very sad
@Blackcanary

This season looks amazing! I love you cheers

Yeah, unfortunately, I think Kanan's time is almost up... No
@TheBastardofMandalore

Don't say this. I refuse to believe it. I'll hope until the end he makes it.

OMG! I am so excited. It looks so awesome. The wolves. I love wolves, I can't get enough of wolves. And a wolf with a Loth-cat, it's like Christmas! The battles. Hera fighting - remember some of us wished to see her in a close combat fight because she's supposed to be good at it. Christmas again. And Kanan saying "So I guess you never really thought about us" to Hera -> my heart skipped a couple of beats there. And Ezra's purple eyes.

Count me in to be more excited about SW Rebels than TLJ right now.







avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by jakkusun on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 11:06 am

@SanghaRen wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@Blackcanary wrote:New trailer! Is it weird that i'm more excited for this than TLJ?



Also...Kanan is utterly doomed, isn't he? Crying or Very sad
@Blackcanary

This season looks amazing! I love you cheers

Yeah, unfortunately, I think Kanan's time is almost up... No
@TheBastardofMandalore

Don't say this. I refuse to believe it. I'll hope until the end he makes it.

OMG! I am so excited. It looks so awesome. The wolves. I love wolves, I can't get enough of wolves. And a wolf with a Loth-cat, it's like Christmas! The battles. Hera fighting - remember some of us wished to see her in a close combat fight because she's supposed to be good at it. Christmas again. And Kanan saying "So I guess you never really thought about us" to Hera -> my heart skipped a couple of beats there. And Ezra's purple eyes.

Count me in to be more excited about SW Rebels than TLJ right now.







@SanghaRen

yeah! my house is more hyped for rebels right now, too.

i wonder if there will be connections to the thrawn book at all. i hope maybe pryce does some stuff, though she didn't do much in this trailer that i saw. it looks like it will connect to rogue one at least. i got excited when tarkin mentioned krennic and the stardust project to thrawn. it felt like everything was getting tied together, since thrawn was sort of investigating what that project might be in the thrawn book. it was good to see mon mothma and saw gerrara involved a lot, too.

i can't believe they are finally going to acknowledge the whole kanera thing. xD

im a little worried about both the mandalorians and kanan.

and yes the wolf + loth cat was so cute.

there was so much going on in this trailer. i only saw one tiny glimpse of kallus so i think he might not be doing a whole lot this season? idk hopefully that means he survives. haha
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 542
Likes : 2810
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm

Jeez, DF, you are really going to make me buy one of these, right?

avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

@SanghaRen

Dave's on a roll with these Loth-cat tweets. cat lol!

avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Blackcanary on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 6:58 am

@jakkusun wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@Blackcanary wrote:New trailer! Is it weird that i'm more excited for this than TLJ?



Also...Kanan is utterly doomed, isn't he? Crying or Very sad
@Blackcanary

This season looks amazing! I love you cheers

Yeah, unfortunately, I think Kanan's time is almost up... No
@TheBastardofMandalore

Don't say this. I refuse to believe it. I'll hope until the end he makes it.

OMG! I am so excited. It looks so awesome. The wolves. I love wolves, I can't get enough of wolves. And a wolf with a Loth-cat, it's like Christmas! The battles. Hera fighting - remember some of us wished to see her in a close combat fight because she's supposed to be good at it. Christmas again. And Kanan saying "So I guess you never really thought about us" to Hera -> my heart skipped a couple of beats there. And Ezra's purple eyes.

Count me in to be more excited about SW Rebels than TLJ right now.







@SanghaRen

yeah! my house is more hyped for rebels right now, too.

i wonder if there will be connections to the thrawn book at all. i hope maybe pryce does some stuff, though she didn't do much in this trailer that i saw. it looks like it will connect to rogue one at least. i got excited when tarkin mentioned krennic and the stardust project to thrawn. it felt like everything was getting tied together, since thrawn was sort of investigating what that project might be in the thrawn book. it was good to see mon mothma and saw gerrara involved a lot, too.

i can't believe they are finally going to acknowledge the whole kanera thing. xD

im a little worried about both the mandalorians and kanan.

and yes the wolf + loth cat was so cute.

there was so much going on in this trailer. i only saw one tiny glimpse of kallus so i think he might not be doing a whole lot this season? idk hopefully that means he survives. haha
@jakkusun

Filoni said at the panel that we'll see quite a bit of Thrawn and Pryce angling away at their separate agendas, which sounds really fun. Manipulative Imperials working for their own ends is exactly what i'm here for.

I was surprised at the lack of Kallus too, but then he wasn't in the season 3 trailer either (apart from as the distorted Fulcrum voice) and ended up having some really great material, so I think we'll quite a bit of him. One of the panel clips was of Hera leaving Rex and Kallus in charge of the Ghost (!), so he goes on at least one mission with them.

avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 222
Likes : 1179
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 7:04 pm

So, my son decided to reenact the Battle of Jakku at the park today. Apparently, in his head-canon, the Ghost was there too... Shocked  



Chopper and the Phantom were not spared either.

lol!
avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 06 Sep 2017, 1:30 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore : That is cute. I think you should buy him all the characters so he can also tell us what happens to them in his headcanon. You never know. Kids are sometimes more perceptive than us - less baggage to blind them. That reminds me that I really wonder if we'll see the final battle of Rogue One from the Ghost crew's point of view - hopefully a still complete crew, but I doubt it  Crying or Very sad

Here is an article on StarWars.com about the second trailer written by Lucasfilm's Star Wars social media strategist. I nearly choked reading the job title. Is he ever speaking with Pablo about his tweets?

http://www.starwars.com/news/5-highlights-from-the-star-wars-rebels-season-four-trailer
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1632
Likes : 8333
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 13 Sep 2017, 11:15 pm

So, this is an old theory that I'm sure has already been posted/speculated (to death) elsewhere but...could DJ be Ezra? I know Rian Johnson has gone on record saying that "DJ is his own person". However, one could argue that Anakin was his own person before he fell to the dark side. Obi-Wan even saw Anakin and Vader as two separate people.

Now, I almost gave up on this theory when the Funko DJ was released. His scars are on the opposite side of his face compared to Ezra.


Then, I found this on Tumblr...



Sooo, either Disney allowed Funko to mass produce a product, incorrectly, in order to keep DJ's identity a mystery or someone screwed up in the make-up department at Vanity Fair.  Question   scratch
avatar
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 315
Likes : 682
Date d'inscription : 2016-10-10
Localisation : California (USA)

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Blackcanary on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 2:52 am

Aren't Ezra and DJ different ethnicities though? DJ is Latino and Ezra seems to be middle eastern (especially if you look at his parents).
avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 222
Likes : 1179
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 2:58 am

Don't know if this was posted already, but some exclusive clips of Season 4 were shown at Fan Expo 2017

avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2593
Likes : 6002
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by panki on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 5:19 am

@Blackcanary wrote:Aren't Ezra and DJ different ethnicities though? DJ is Latino and Ezra seems to be middle eastern (especially if you look at his parents).
@Blackcanary

I would have agreed with this one but ethnicity as we know it doesn't exist in GFFA (I remember OI confirming this in an interview when he was asked about playing a Latin character).

So it is still plausible that DJ is Ezra considering the strong resemblance between BDT and the character.





And on this topic, LF has started showing characters crossover into different mediums, or show us the fate of their descendants in another medium. Its like they're developing a bunch of new important families for their future stories/movies in addition to the Skywalker family.

For instance, the new SW Adventures comics includes the grandson of Milo Graf, the protagonist of a book series called Adventures in Wild Space, who was fleeing the imperials as a little boy with his sister and was sheltered by Ezra Bridger's parents for a time. Even Ezra is present in the book but he is quite young. Thus we get a cross-over between a comic, a book series and a TV show.

So if Ezra survives Rebels and turns out to be DJ, I'll even re-visit Rey's lineage once more. Rey's Survival Guide has entries that match things in Ezra's diary, including their abilities, likes and dislikes and even childhood events/memories. But I'll wait for TLJ before I get too excited about this discovery.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12484
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Blackcanary on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 5:47 am

@panki

Interesting, hadn't heard that from Oscar.

Ezra's fate is definitely one of the biggest questions for season 4, and I could certainly see him turn out a DJ-esque cynical burnout if we see - for instance - Lothal destroyed and Kanan killed. Disillusionment might be a good explanation for his absence from the OT, and losing a good deal in his fight against the empire might also account for DJ's only-out-for-himself stance.

The rather odd scheduling (showing two episodes every week), seemingly designed to get season 4 aired by the time TLJ is released, might also point to Rebels having more notable relevance to TLJ than we could have expected.

We have titles for the start of season 4:
4×01-02 “Heroes of Mandalore: Part 1 & 2″ (October 16th, 2017)
4×03-04 “In the Name of the Rebellion: Part 1 & 2″ (October 23rd, 2017)
4×05 “The Occupation” (October 30th, 2017)
4×06 “Flight of the Defender” (October 30th, 2017)

Looks like a Saw Gerrera two-parter there, which i'm really looking forward to. I hope we get a Saw/Kallus confrontation at some point.
avatar
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 222
Likes : 1179
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Localisation : Bucks, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by Man Without A Star on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 6:03 am

avatar
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 169
Likes : 871
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-08
Age : 24
Localisation : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum