Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay?

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Is Kylo Ren a virgin?

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_lcap63%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 72 ]
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_lcap7%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_lcap20%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 23 ]
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_lcap10%Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 115

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Empty Re: Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay?

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 19 May 2016, 8:31 pm

@Krafty wrote:Hey guys, new kid on the block here!
I don't usually get involved in things like this, but I read through this whole thing and was amazed at how insightful it was!  Thumbs up
Now before I rattle off my thought, I noticed that there is an opinion sway between the ages of the people observing what is going on during the scenes. I'm probably one of the younger ones here being a teenager fresh out of High School. Now for me, Kylo/Ben really darts back and forth between innocence and a full-on seductive "he knows exactly what he's talking about" kind of thing. He carries himself with a swagger and confidence that from my experience from getting hit on by guys, says "you know you like what you see"...its very subtle, and lasts only as long as it takes for him to stride over to Rey. Its easy to get thrown off by how weirdly calm, and traitorously gentle he's being. Additionally, as soon as that mask comes off there is a veritable shift in the air. That pouty not-quite-smirk makes me think he knows he is a pretty-boy (I mean lets be honest, that first shot of him really is magnificent). Which in turn makes me think he's been exposed to at least some kind of flirtation from the opposite sex. Hmm, its really a toss up, because when he is not around Rey, and he has his mask off, he has a more innocent vibe. Still volatile, but awkward. I can sympathize.     

I actually watched some of Adam Driver's other on-screen appearances right after I saw the film because I was thinking his seductiveness might have been a mistake, so I wanted to see if he just comes off like that on a regular basis without even trying.
My discovery? Nope. Adam is an amazing actor and if it was not meant to be there it would not be there. What does this mean as far as virginity? Really, it could go either way again, in my opinion Wink
@Krafty

It's nice to see a newcomer jump right in!

I'm with you--I see swagger and "peacocking" as @IoJovi called it when he takes off the mask. He's expecting her to like what she sees. Plus, while we don't know how long he was running around with Luke, we do know that he was ~23 when he turned and joined the First Order. That leaves plenty of time for at least some teenage dabbling, IMO.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 19 May 2016, 8:33 pm

@Krafty

Yeah, there are a fair amount of us in the "not a virgin, but not very experienced" camp. Welcome! Smile
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Thu 19 May 2016, 9:55 pm

Thanks everyone! I just saw the film last week so I'm extremely late to the party!

I definitely think there is "peacocking" going on, for the same reason I think Kylo may have actually been genuinely hurt/offended by the "creature in a mask" comment which prompted him to take the mask off in the first place. He's already shown us he's sensitive, though he tries to hide it. I do think he wants Rey to like him, because clearly he has an affinity to her that he doesn't quite know how to handle.

As a girl, we are trained to pick up on certain "tells" from someone we are attracted to and vice versa. This can range from body language to eye contact, to word choice and tone. Every buzzer in my brain was lighting off like crazy through Rey and Kylo's interactions together. Not necessarily from Rey (even though I think she did in fact give him a tame once over. Because, why not?) but more so from Kylo. He may not have heaps of experience with this, so he perhaps unintentionally let his "tells" show. That could have been a misstep on Kylo's part, but if we saw it, Rey probably saw it or at least was vaguely aware of it. The more interesting thought is what if he was actually being so obvious because he wanted her to see his attraction "tell". This would suggest some kind of experience, or maybe an amateur attempt at seduction. So I think the "not a virgin but not very experienced" is certainly apropos for what is transpiring on screen. Smile
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 19 May 2016, 9:57 pm

@Krafty wrote:Hey guys, new kid on the block here!
I don't usually get involved in things like this, but I read through this whole thing and was amazed at how insightful it was!  Thumbs up
Now before I rattle off my thought, I noticed that there is an opinion sway between the ages of the people observing what is going on during the scenes. I'm probably one of the younger ones here being a teenager fresh out of High School. Now for me, Kylo/Ben really darts back and forth between innocence and a full-on seductive "he knows exactly what he's talking about" kind of thing. He carries himself with a swagger and confidence that from my experience from getting hit on by guys, says "you know you like what you see"...its very subtle, and lasts only as long as it takes for him to stride over to Rey. Its easy to get thrown off by how weirdly calm, and traitorously gentle he's being. Additionally, as soon as that mask comes off there is a veritable shift in the air. That pouty not-quite-smirk makes me think he knows he is a pretty-boy (I mean lets be honest, that first shot of him really is magnificent). Which in turn makes me think he's been exposed to at least some kind of flirtation from the opposite sex. Hmm, its really a toss up, because when he is not around Rey, and he has his mask off, he has a more innocent vibe. Still volatile, but awkward. I can sympathize.     

I actually watched some of Adam Driver's other on-screen appearances right after I saw the film because I was thinking his seductiveness might have been a mistake, so I wanted to see if he just comes off like that on a regular basis without even trying.
My discovery? Nope. Adam is an amazing actor and if it was not meant to be there it would not be there. What does this mean as far as virginity? Really, it could go either way again, in my opinion Wink
@Krafty

Welcome! And to the bolded, that has been discussed about how different (and more adult) they are in each other's presences versus when they're with the other characters (gifs for comparison)

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t184p475-archive-rey-and-kylo-beauty-and-the-beast-scavenger-and-the-monstah-their-bond-his-love-her-confused-feelings#27275
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:00 pm

@Krafty wrote:
Thanks everyone! I just saw the film last week so I'm extremely late to the party!

I definitely think there is "peacocking" going on, for the same reason I think Kylo may have actually been genuinely hurt/offended by the "creature in a mask" comment which prompted him to take the mask off in the first place. He's already shown us he's sensitive, though he tries to hide it. I do think he wants Rey to like him, because clearly he has an affinity to her that he doesn't quite know how to handle.

As a girl, we are trained to pick up on certain "tells" from someone we are attracted to and vice versa. This can range from body language to eye contact, to word choice and tone. Every buzzer in my brain was lighting off like crazy through Rey and Kylo's interactions together. Not necessarily from Rey (even though I think she did in fact give him a tame once over. Because, why not?) but more so from Kylo. He may not have heaps of experience with this, so he perhaps unintentionally let his "tells" show. That could have been a misstep on Kylo's part, but if we saw it, Rey probably saw it or at least was vaguely aware of it. The more interesting thought is what if he was actually being so obvious because he wanted her to see his attraction "tell". This would suggest some kind of experience, or maybe an amateur attempt at seduction. So I think the "not a virgin but not very experienced" is certainly apropos for what is transpiring on screen. Smile
@Krafty

I think that "amateur attempt at seduction" perfectly describes what I believe I saw onscreen.

When you view the interrogation scene the next time you watch TFA, pay attention to Rey's body language/facial cues. I didn't catch it until I started hanging out on the other thread at the other place, but she absolutely checks him out, too. She's just a lot more subtle about it.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:13 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@Krafty

I think that "amateur attempt at seduction" perfectly describes what I believe I saw onscreen.

When you view the interrogation scene the next time you watch TFA, pay attention to Rey's body language/facial cues. I didn't catch it until I started hanging out on the other thread at the other place, but she absolutely checks him out, too. She's just a lot more subtle about it.
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh good! So I didn't just think I saw it then!
I mean, I don't blame her. My exact words when Kylo took the mask off were: "Whoa! Not bad looking." I thought I saw her eyes dip down then come back up, but you're right its so subtle that it is easily overlooked.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 19 May 2016, 10:15 pm

Oh she definitely checks him out head to two no less than twice. Both times she also looks away quickly so she doesn't get caught. It's beautiful to watch.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 7:51 am

I'm pretty sure they are both 'virgo intacta'.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 8:19 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I'm pretty sure they are both 'virgo intacta'.
@motherofpearl1

There was some cherry popping in the interrogation scene, sex through the force lol!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Empty Nope

Post by Kaleyna on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:03 am

I can't imagine a man his age and his level of power is a virgin. There can be a huge difference between sex and love. Rey brings out feelings. Sex he's had before could have simply been slaking physical lust with no feelings involved.
Kaleyna
Kaleyna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:24 am

The Jedi promote celibacy, I have no idea how old Ben was when he was sent to Luke, I assume early teens, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have 'gotten lucky' during his stint with his uncle because of the Jedi teachings. Prior to that I think he had a fairly sheltered life, so again, I don't think he would have (ahem) indulged in the joys of the flesh.

Once he became Snoke's puppet I'm absolutely sure the 'puppetmaster' wouldn't have allowed him anywhere near a woman - not even 'just for sex', because Kylo craved love and affection - Snoke would never have risked 'carnal' feelings becoming affectionate ones. That would have led to his prize rebelling against his master. Hence his anger over Kylo's 'compassion' for Rey - he sensed his attraction to her. And as other posters have pointed out, the Knights of Ren bear a strong resemblance to the Knights Templar - who took a vow of celibacy.

But....I could be wrong.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleyna on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:44 am

I actually never watched Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith because I thought Phantom Menace was so bad so I think I missed a lot about the Jedi and their ways. I did find this online: "But Lucas revealed that despite their monastic regime, Jedi were permitted to have sex. 'Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships.' "
Kaleyna
Kaleyna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:24 pm

Now..that's opened a lot of possibilities!

Wow - those Jedi were truly hypocrites weren't they? Fine to do the nasty, not so fine to fall in love.. Mad Mad Mad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:25 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:I'm pretty sure they are both 'virgo intacta'.
@motherofpearl1

There was some cherry popping in the interrogation scene, sex through the force lol!
@Maria Antonietta

One of the most subtle erotic things I've seen.
That's chemistry folks. Twilight - read it and weep. Very Happy
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleyna on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 12:55 pm

One thing I loved in the interrogation scene is in the end she invades him! She makes him vulnerable and open to her. He doesn't "take what he wants". She does.
Kaleyna
Kaleyna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleyna on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 1:12 pm

On the scene where he removes his mask, I think she was totally shocked to see a handsome young man giving her an overall gentle look and who she felt a certain attraction to. It is much easier for us to demonize our enemies and imagine an ugly monster lurking behind the mask.

And let's be real - Kylo Ren gives GREAT sad puppy dog eyes.

Bad boy with sad puppy dog eyes = catnip. cat
Kaleyna
Kaleyna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 1:23 pm

@Kaleyna wrote:On the scene where he removes his mask, I think she was totally shocked to see a handsome young man giving her an overall gentle look and who she felt a certain attraction to. It is much easier for us to demonize our enemies and imagine an ugly monster lurking behind the mask.

And let's be real - Kylo Ren gives GREAT sad puppy dog eyes.

Bad boy with sad puppy dog eyes = catnip. cat
@Kaleyna

Yes!! Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 11:47 am

@Kaleyna wrote:One thing I loved in the interrogation scene is in the end she invades him! She makes him vulnerable and open to her. He doesn't "take what he wants". She does.
@Kaleyna

Which is why I get so mad when people drone on about it being 'abusive'.

Who's the abuse victim here - not Rey. That girl kicks a**.

It's Kylo who was abused (Snoke).
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 11:49 am

I don't know if it's allowed to recommend fanfic here, so take it down if it's a no - no.

If not..

This is a truly beautiful 'two virgins finding each other' fic...

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5652340
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I don't know if it's allowed to recommend fanfic here, so take it down if it's a no - no.

If not..

This is a truly beautiful 'two virgins finding each other' fic...

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5652340
@motherofpearl1

“…and especially that moment, with me and Adam, when we were just doing that moment when we’re (gestures with her hands, the lightsabers locking) …beckoning…finding the Force or whatever.

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Image11

I shouldn’t say that. Or whatever. Yeah, finding the Force, because I don’t know how to describe it. And you can feel the light. And it is that…it is that amazing thing, that you’ve come to know these two colors as representing these two things…”

Now we know what "whatever" means. Twisted Evil

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Tumblr_static_780djzyasesc0404sk8g0go0w
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 6STmGSK

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:42 pm

The more I see of Daisy the more I like her.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:51 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:The more I see of Daisy the more I like her.
@motherofpearl1

She's amazing! queen
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by naberrie93 on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 8:54 pm

I don't know...
Sometimes I think that he is a virgin... but after read Bloodlines, I realized that Ben Solo was, probably, a popular guy among the girls because his family... I mean, how many high class partys he attended or how many girls were after him. But maybe Snoke's influence was too powerful over him, and he didn't pay attention to that.

But I'm totally sure he "knows" things Twisted Evil . LOL

naberrie93
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:14 pm

@naberrie93 wrote:I don't know...
Sometimes I think that he is a virgin... but after read Bloodlines, I realized that Ben Solo was, probably, a popular guy among the girls because his family... I mean, how many high class partys he attended or how many girls were after him. But maybe Snoke's influence was too powerful over him, and he didn't pay attention to that.

But I'm totally sure he "knows" things Twisted Evil . LOL
@naberrie93

Seriously. The guy could seduce a piece of paper with the looks that he was giving Rey.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 04 Aug 2016, 9:30 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@naberrie93 wrote:I  don't know...

But I'm totally sure he "knows" things  :twisted: . LOL
@naberrie93

Seriously. The guy could seduce a piece of paper with the looks that he was giving Rey.
@ISeeAnIsland

Given all of the callbacks to the previous movies, it's interesting how this:

Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Tumblr_o0n753LNid1uzytvzo1_500

seems to come pretty close to this, including parent and child both having the ability to retain fabulous hair under a helmet
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Tumblr_n9y0bjcX6z1rs643mo1_500
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Tumblr_n9y0bjcX6z1rs643mo2_500
Virgin!Kylo: Yea or Nay? - Page 14 Tumblr_n9y0bjcX6z1rs643mo3_500
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum