Forces of Destiny web series

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: Forces of Destiny web series

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 19 Nov 2017, 3:54 pm

Seems like they bundle up the episodes and there is now an introduction sequence and an ending sequence both with Maz. I did not watch the whole thing, but I don’t think there’s anything new in the episodes themselves. It just gives it a certain continuity.

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 7:43 pm

@CienaRee wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:

Not sure where to post this, but the first episode of Forces of Destiny is out. Rey is the cutest!
@Piper Maru

This was FANTASTIC!

I love how Rey ends up having compassion for a creature that normally would be terrifying to anybody else.
@IoJovi

Ahh,Rey is so compassionate and kind. I love you
But yeah she'll otally never feel anything but hatred towards Kylo eventhough she felt compassion towards a creature who was going to eat BB8. Rolling Eyes
@CienaRee

Only read the first page of this thread, but there are books based on the web series and found a really interesting bit about the compassion bit and how it discusses how Rey zones on where the location of the creature, definitely using some form of the force in her efforts.

Here is a link to it on amazon and just click on "look inside" option and pretty much gives close to the whole episode, in writing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Forces-Destiny-Adventures/dp/1368011225/ref=pd_sim_21_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BBQANQR5BXNG4P7GZFM0

Also, I find it interesting how it's Maz that is sitting down with the reader, by a campfire, chatting about tales, so to me places her a bit in the future.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 7:59 pm

And in a few days, it appears that a comic version of the web series is coming out??

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-rey/
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:19 pm

@Starliteprism Aw, poor Rey! We knew that her life on Jakku sucked and that BB-8 was her first real friend, but way to hit that point home,

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm

I just want my Reylo episode.

The only time they're antagonistic towards each other in TLJ while directly interacting is when they're both going for the saber, so whatever they choose to do for them with FoD should be interesting.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:52 pm

@ISeeAnIsland I'm just sorry we didn't get to see them interacting in some of that gorgeous landscape, especially the parts which looked straight out of Excalibur. You can bet whatever FoD episode he turns up in, there will be at least a couple Porgs or Fish Nuns involved.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:55 pm

@snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I'm just sorry we didn't get to see them interacting in some of that gorgeous landscape, especially the parts which looked straight out of Excalibur. You can bet whatever FoD episode he turns up in, there will be at least a couple Porgs or Fish Nuns involved.
@snufkin

I would have guessed that before the movie, but the doll for that pairing is wearing her Date Night outfit.  So, if you go by that, it should take place after she leaves Ahch-To and is at least en route to the Supremacy.

Who knows, though...maybe Rey and Kylo will get to spend some time together in Scotland in IX...

ETA: Maybe we get that cut scene of them stopping off at Kylo's quarters on the way to Snoke and making out on his twin bed listening to vinyl records.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:58 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - Date night outfit, LOL! You're probably right, in that it might explain how they would have him waiting for her to show up in the Snow White glass coffin.

Yes, she'll finally be his guest so they can go back to his quarters and listen to vinyl records while he shows her his latest finds from the Imperial Archives.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:00 pm

@snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland I'm just sorry we didn't get to see them interacting in some of that gorgeous landscape, especially the parts which looked straight out of Excalibur. You can bet whatever FoD episode he turns up in, there will be at least a couple Porgs or Fish Nuns involved.
@snufkin

That's one of the reasons why I'm hoping for them to encounter on Naboo or some place similar. We got amazing Force Bond scenes, but I doubt they'll spend most of IX communicating that way. They need to spend time face to face.

And considering the FoD episodes are light-hearted, I think the Reylo episode is going to bring on some goodness.

Does anyone know when new episodes will show up, by thr way?
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:02 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

I would have guessed that before the movie, but the doll for that pairing is wearing her Date Night outfit.  So, if you go by that, it should take place after she leaves Ahch-To and is at least en route to the Supremacy.

Who knows, though...maybe Rey and Kylo will get to spend some time together in Scotland in IX...

ETA:  Maybe we get that cut scene of them stopping off at Kylo's quarters on the way to Snoke and making out on his twin bed listening to vinyl records.
@ISeeAnIsland

I’m still laughing that it was officially called her “Jedi training outfit” when it was completely unrelated to that. Date night indeed.  That being said, if that name isn’t actually a red herring that it seems to be, and it is indeed the same outfit Rey wears when she studies the books, then it’s extremely unlikely we’ll be getting any kind of a time jump...

Here’s to hoping!  cheers
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:04 pm

@Irina de France I know that they have to amp up the drama in the next chapter, but those two are consistently the most interesting and most entertaining when they're interacting with each other. Like I hope that whatever story JJ has written for IX, it doesn't waste too much time on them being on opposite sides and gets them back together in the same frame.

Cartoons probably come out sometime after the scandalous Barbie dolls which supposedly send the wrong message to little girls : P.

@Iojovi - well part of Snoke being an a**hole towards Rey was calling her a True Jedi when she keeps fighting back against him.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:49 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

ETA:  Maybe we get that cut scene of them stopping off at Kylo's quarters on the way to Snoke and making out on his twin bed listening to vinyl records.
@ISeeAnIsland

I’m still laughing that it was officially called her “Jedi training outfit” when it was completely unrelated to that. Date night indeed.  That being said, if that name isn’t actually a red herring that it seems to be, and it is indeed the same outfit Rey wears when she studies the books, then it’s extremely unlikely we’ll be getting any kind of a time jump...

@IoJovi

Calling Rey's Date Night a "Jedi Training Outfit" is the biggest marketing misdirection since "Jedi Finn" in TFA.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 9:55 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

Calling Rey's Date Night a "Jedi Training Outfit" is the biggest marketing misdirection since "Jedi Finn" in TFA.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right? Can you imagine what an ecstatic state of euphoria our fandom would have been in had we known the purpose of this outfit when it was first released? Laughing

@snufkin I’d say just because Snoke mocks her as being a true Jedi doesn’t mean she is one. I’d even go as far as to say that she doesn’t begin her true training until she begins reading those books (which by the end of TLJ she hasn’t done yet). So I’d say if Rey has this same outfit starting at the beginning of the next film (just like in TLJ), then there will be little to no time jump.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:02 pm

I imagine a funny moment where Rey consults force ghost Luke on where she can find posh jedi clothes XD *anticipating mocking Luke*
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm thinking it's called "Jedi Training" because Rey proved herself to be a true successor of the Jedi while in that outfit, so it's like training in a way...

I love the term Date Night Outfit though. I'll never get over how she changed her outfit and fixed her hair to go see Kylo.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:08 pm

@Kessel wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

I'm thinking it's called "Jedi Training" because Rey proved herself to be a true successor of the Jedi while in that outfit, so it's like training in a way...

I love the term Date Night Outfit though. I'll never get over how she changed her outfit and fixed her hair to go see Kylo.
@Kessel

Yeah that's how I took Snoke's comment. He f**ks himself in the end because he doesn't listen to her warning that he'd underestimated her, Luke, and Ben. But we know at the end when she lifts the rocks and saves the remaining members of the Resistance, that it's Luke's earlier statement that the Jedi and nobody else have a monopoly on the Force. She'll study the books/history, but it's the payoff from the deleted Frog Nun Sex Party scene where Luke's a**holery includes telling her that being a Jedi is about acting to do the right thing (which is a riff off of Paige's statement that Rose tells Finn about at their introduction).
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 10:08 pm

@Kessel wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

@Kessel

And couldn’t figure out what to tell Chewie to tell Finn. She understood her own intentions well, even if she didn’t say them outloud to Luke.

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:24 am

Maybe the episode will show what happened when Rey was leaving Supremacy? Or perhaps when Holdo crashed into ship Kylo was still conscious and something else happened between them.
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Sun 07 Jan 2018, 2:03 pm

I can't wait to watch the Reylo episode, but can't imagine a concrete moment to place it... Confus
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:28 am

So, my pre-order for Rey and Kylo dolls from Forces of Destiny was suppose to be shipped out from today, but got an email to say that there has been a delay and on the actual amazon page, it suggests it's currently unavailable.

I wonder why the hold up. :-/
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:46 am

@Starliteprism wrote:So, my pre-order for Rey and Kylo dolls from Forces of Destiny was suppose to be shipped out from today, but got an email to say that there has been a delay and on the actual amazon page, it suggests it's currently unavailable.

@Starliteprism

Same here. Bummer. @SanghaRen did some research. They seem to be available in some Target stores. Maybe I will check on EBay later.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:58 am

@EchoBase wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:So, my pre-order for Rey and Kylo dolls from Forces of Destiny was suppose to be shipped out from today, but got an email to say that there has been a delay and on the actual amazon page, it suggests it's currently unavailable.

@Starliteprism

Same here. Bummer. @SanghaRen did some research. They seem to be available in some Target stores. Maybe I will check on EBay later.
@EchoBase

They have single packs of things, but don't think they have the two-pack available yet. I looked on the american amazon and it looks like it is now saying 30 March? I wonder if there is a delay in the episode?
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 3:24 pm

@Starliteprism wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@Starliteprism

@EchoBase

They have single packs of things, but don't think they have the two-pack available yet. I looked on the american amazon and it looks like it is now saying 30 March? I wonder if there is a delay in the episode?
@Starliteprism

I think the Target website message might mean that it will not be sold online, but only in stores.
https://intl.target.com/p/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-rey-of-jakku-and-kylo-ren-figure-2pk/-/A-52161349

GameStop says it’s not available.
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-rey-of-jakku-and-kylo-ren-figure-2-pack/150607

So I guess no one has them and we’ll have to wait. I still hope it’s because they are improving Kylo’s face. Especially the eyebrows and maybe the eyes too. Please, designers, look at this pic. Eyebrows: shorter flattened triangular form placed horizontally not shooting up to his temples. And almond eyes. Sorry, I know it’s not meant to be an exact copy.

At this rate I wonder when we get Luke. His twin sister is waiting for him.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:11 am

And Amazon UK just cancelled my order for the Kylo and Rey Forces of Destiny dolls as they couldn't source enough of them?
It still suggests a release on the 30 March in the States.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 2:48 pm

New episodes coming out, no Rey & Kylo though. Just Rey and Porgs

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next