Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 2:20 am

Can't they just simply say "We'll have Episode X" instead of "split Ep IX into two" which sounds silly. lol
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 3:40 am

Episode IX in two parts.  That's interesting.  And a little further down in the thread the OP says that they will be released a year apart.  I remember a long time ago on the now defunct IMDB boards, someone said that they were going to split IX in two.  Of course, people make things up all the time, so even if this is true, the IMDB poster might just have guessed correctly.

But anyway, as much as I hate waiting, I would actually be okay with having Episode IX in two parts if that's what they need to tell the story and wrap up all the arcs (especially Reylo) in a satisfying way.  I would especially be okay with it if it means we will get grand, sweeping, epic Reylo. Smile  I know some people have expressed concern that if we do get romantic Reylo it might seem rushed, but if they split IX into two parts, they should have plenty of time to develop their relationship and romance. Smile  And if the movies are only a year apart, I might actually be able to handle the wait. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 3:53 am

@Kyla Ren wrote:Episode IX in two parts.  That's interesting.  And a little further down in the thread the OP says that they will be released a year apart.  I remember a long time ago on the now defunct IMDB boards, someone said that they were going to split IX in two.  Of course, people make things up all the time, so even if this is true, the IMDB poster might just have guessed correctly.

But anyway, as much as I hate waiting, I would actually be okay with having Episode IX in two parts if that's what they need to tell the story and wrap up all the arcs (especially Reylo) in a satisfying way.  I would especially be okay with it if it means we will get grand, sweeping, epic Reylo. Smile  I know some people have expressed concern that if we do get romantic Reylo it might seem rushed, but if they split IX into two parts, they should have plenty of time to develop their relationship and romance. Smile  And if the movies are only a year apart, I might actually be able to handle the wait. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

I seem to recall another Reddit poster who made the same claim a while back. Might go spelunking in the archives to see if I can find them...

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 3:58 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:Can't they just simply say "We'll have Episode X" instead of "split Ep IX into two" which sounds silly. lol
@Rei of Sunshine

Technically it will still be a trilogy Episode VII, VIII and IX, even with 4 movies basically. But this is pretty important if true. It would fit that Kylo and Rey will get close in Episode IX and not Episode VIII. Slower romance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 3:59 am

@Blackcanary wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:Episode IX in two parts.  That's interesting.  And a little further down in the thread the OP says that they will be released a year apart.  I remember a long time ago on the now defunct IMDB boards, someone said that they were going to split IX in two.  Of course, people make things up all the time, so even if this is true, the IMDB poster might just have guessed correctly.

@Kyla Ren

I seem to recall another Reddit poster who made the same claim a while back. Might go spelunking in the archives to see if I can find them...

@Blackcanary

Interesting.  Could it be that they've been planning this for a while now?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 5:15 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:Can't they just simply say "We'll have Episode X" instead of "split Ep IX into two" which sounds silly. lol
@Rei of Sunshine

Technically it will still be a trilogy Episode VII, VIII and IX, even with 4 movies basically. But this is pretty important if true. It would fit that Kylo and Rey will get close in Episode IX and not Episode VIII. Slower romance.
@DarthRen

I won't have a problem with another movie especially if it serves Reylo well. But I'm speaking on technical terms... A 4-movie trilogy is just stupid. Call it a quadrilogy then. 4 does not make 3. There isn't anything wrong with making an Episode 10. Anyways Star Wars isn't based on a book like Harry Potter Deathly Hallows, Breaking Dawn, and Mockingjay that all had a Part 1 and Part 2.

Just call it Episode X and save people the confusing semantics
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 5:22 am

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@Blackcanary wrote:

@Kyla Ren

@Blackcanary

Interesting.  Could it be that they've been planning this for a while now?
@Kyla Ren

Hmmm. Well, I found the other post but i'm largely sceptical of it:

There is little to no time jump from the end of TFA

There will be 7 planets featured

Kylo Ren is not present for most of the film. Phasma has taken over the First Order military under General Hux's command. She is featured much more prominently. Don't worry though, Kylo is reintroduced in the third act. Everyone I've talked said he's "changed" and "way more of a threat"

Poe is gay. He will mention his boyfriend in a brief, almost throwaway line.

Snoke is the same species as Maz and just as tiny. They have some kind of connection.

Luke survives this movie.

Leia survives this movie.

Rey and Kylo Ren have some kind of confrontation in the climax of the film. From what I understand, this section of the script is simply called Rey and Ben and nothing more is stated. No setting, no lines. Multiple people I spoke with believe there is some major twist during this confrontation, and I was told Daisy was shaken up after a read with Adam for this scene.

Finn will wield a lightsaber again.

Luke has a new lightsaber. Not the one from Jedi. I got two different answers on the color of the blade. One person told me it was silver. One person told me it was white.

Both Kylo and Rey will use the force in "ways we haven't seen"

This movie ends with First Order winning.

Episode IX will be in two parts, released a calendar year apart. Dan Trachtenberg is directing part II
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 6:05 am

"Kylo Ren is not present for most of the film"..tbh, that is VERY doubtful. I just don't believe it to be the case. That just doesn't make sense for a protagonist.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 6:49 am

What? So did JJ decide it would be a two part thing? Or was Trevorrow writing part one of Episode 9 all along? scratch
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:35 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:What? So did JJ decide it would be a two part thing? Or was Trevorrow writing part one of Episode 9 all along? scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

No, it's just a BS reddit "leak".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 7:55 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the (UGH) triple-post, but Gangsta Rap Dude from reddit (who does seem to have somewhat of a track record) just posted this over on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/72i8bg/ok_heres_what_i_know/

Teasers (Roughly 10 second clips) will show up next week for the trailer on social media. Twitter and Instagram are what to watch.

These teasers will be BRAND NEW FOOTAGE.

The Praetorian Guards will feature in one of these teasers.

Kylo Ren will feature in at least two of these teasers.

Luke and to a lesser extent Rey will feature in the final one and it is amazing. (AND MSW was once again dead on about one of these scenes.)

The trailer will be October 8th on ESPN’s Monday Night Football at halftime.

The following week the international trailer will release with newer footage.

The TV ads will begin the second week of November, and tickets will go on sale.

It will also be announced before Last Jedi comes out that IX will be split in two parts.

I know more specific things but keeping them close to the vest so I can call out the inevitable fake leaks to come.

One quick thing to note... the MNF game will be on October 9th, not the 8th as stated in the spoiler.
@ISeeAnIsland

Now, I apologize for double posting, but I failed to see this earlier.
Wow, it's lot of things. It seems reddit's Gangsta Rapper has somebody deep in the PR/marketing thing. And we'll be able to check his credibility very soon.

Episode IX split in two? huh that's huge if true.
@Darth_Awakened

I agree. This list is very specific. He seems to like to hang around Reddit threads, and he likes to act like he has SW spoiler street cred. So either he's crazy or he knows something, because if a lot of this doesn't come true, those Reddit regulars will be merciless and never let him live it down and all his street cred will be out the window.

It's funny, all the Reddit guys commenting act like it's impossible that they would split Episode IX. OTOH, I could totally see them doing that. KK actually indicated in one interview that they were going to try to figure out if they were going to continue with the trilogy format or not. That was GL's thing. Bob Iger and KK won't be held hostage to a format if they don't think it works for them.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:00 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the (UGH) triple-post, but Gangsta Rap Dude from reddit (who does seem to have somewhat of a track record) just posted this over on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/72i8bg/ok_heres_what_i_know/

Teasers (Roughly 10 second clips) will show up next week for the trailer on social media. Twitter and Instagram are what to watch.

Luke and to a lesser extent Rey will feature in the final one and it is amazing. (AND MSW was once again dead on about one of these scenes.)

It will also be announced before Last Jedi comes out that IX will be split in two parts.

I know more specific things but keeping them close to the vest so I can call out the inevitable fake leaks to come.

One quick thing to note... the MNF game will be on October 9th, not the 8th as stated in the spoiler.
@ISeeAnIsland

Wow, it's lot of things. It seems reddit's Gangsta Rapper has somebody deep in the PR/marketing thing. And we'll be able to check his credibility very soon.

@Darth_Awakened

I agree. This list is very specific. He seems to like to hang around Reddit threads, and he likes to act like he has SW spoiler street cred. So either he's crazy or he knows something, because if a lot of this doesn't come true, those Reddit regulars will be merciless and never let him live it down and all his street cred will be out the window.

It's funny, all the Reddit guys commenting act like it's impossible that they would split Episode IX. OTOH, I could totally see them doing that. KK actually indicated in one interview that they were going to try to figure out if they were going to continue with the trilogy format or not. That was GL's thing. Bob Iger and KK won't be held hostage to a format if they don't think it works for them.
@SoloSideCousin

If there really is an Episode X (still think Ep IX Pt. II sounds stupid), and it'll be released a year after, does it mean that the ObiWan movie gets pushed back? Or the reason why the ObiWan movie still seems so vague and uncertain is because they plan to make Ep X instead?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:05 am

IX split is actually the only thing I can believe from this likely BS report. I was calling it since forever. They have too many characters to work with and too many loose threads. Is one movie enough to wrap it up? I'm not sold on it.

That said, those clips don't sound like a LF marketing strategy cause they like to drop trailers unannounced or something. Also, that international trailers with new footage get released a week after the domestic one is a known thing. You don't need inside knowledge.

descriptions are as vague as it gets:

"Kylo is in at least 2 of them" - 2 out of how many BTW? Surely such insider knows the number of clips since he says he knows the content.

"MSW was right about an awesome Luke scene" - remind me when MSW ever reported an awesome Luke scene that isn't the Ireland report that they backtracked on?

BS, I say.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:32 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

If there really is an Episode X (still think Ep IX Pt. II sounds stupid), and it'll be released a year after, does it mean that the ObiWan movie gets pushed back? Or the reason why the ObiWan movie still seems so vague and uncertain is because they plan to make Ep X instead?
@Rei of Sunshine

I could totally see them pushing back Obi-Wan for an Episode X. Obi-Wan will never make as much money as a saga film, nor probably as much as RO. Though RO relied on ANH to a certain extent, everyone in the world was meeting most of the new characters for the first time.

OTOH, Obi-Wan is going to have to rely pretty heavily on the OT and PT. That will be fine in markets that saw all those earlier episodes in the theater, but for places like China that will require some video streaming work to figure out who this guy is. Some will be fine doing that, but other people will not.

Also, they will be introducing the two SW World theme parks during the release time for Episode IX and a would-be X. Those theme parks are going to use the ST as a major guide, so having two movies then might keep the hype going that much longer.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:02 am

RO only made money because it came after TFA. None of those characters is ever going to be iconic and I see that all discussion about the movie died.

OB1 has better chance at popularity cause beloved iconic character + lightsabers. RO wasn't even a real Star Wars. The only thing that could screw OB1 boxoffice over is summer release. RO benefited from holiday legs.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:05 am

@vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:What? So did JJ decide it would be a two part thing? Or was Trevorrow writing part one of Episode 9 all along? scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito wrote:IX split is actually the only thing I can believe from this likely BS report. I was calling it since forever.
@vaderito

Make up your mind, lol.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:06 am

@vaderito wrote:RO only made money because it came after TFA. None of those characters is ever going to be iconic and I see that all discussion about the movie died.

OB1 has better chance at popularity cause beloved iconic character + lightsabers. RO wasn't even a real Star Wars. The only thing that could screw OB1 boxoffice over is summer release. RO benefited from holiday legs.
@vaderito

That and a lot of people didn't even know what R1 was about. I think what got people interested in it was the fact that Vader would be appearing in it.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:17 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito wrote:IX split is actually the only thing I can believe from this likely BS report. I was calling it since forever.
@vaderito

Make up your mind, lol.
@Cowgirlsamurai

The "leak" is BS. Good guessing passed as a leak is still a BS leak.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:35 am

@vaderito wrote:RO only made money because it came after TFA. None of those characters is ever going to be iconic and I see that all discussion about the movie died.
@vaderito

Heck, I can't even remember most of it. Mostly just me and my pal trying to keep our hysteric laughter down to quiet giggling during the overacted scene of the protagonist's dad's death scene.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 9:56 am

The themes parks is (unfortunately) key to why Disney purchased Pixar and Lucasfilm., Vulture had an article couple months back about Pixar's development slate being nothing but sequels and how that feeds into the parks. We're in the fortunate position that at least LF is trying something interesting with the ST and its characters (screaming traditionalist fans say otherwise) because that will eventually be fodder for theme park development.

As for R1, for all the die hards insisting that it's the better film because it's more Star Wars instead of a re-hash, it's the pot calling the kettle black. Also they f**king waste Ben Mendohlsson who was born to play unsettling bad guys and barely use Mass Mikkelson. The really good thing in that movie are when it gets to develop a character relationship (like Chirrut and Baze) or Diego Luna's performance. Otherwise I eye roll so hard any time I read a comment or essay about how it's better because of robot Tarkin, gratuitous Vader insert, "links up to the first movie, the robot from Rebels is in it" etc. R1 is definitely pitched to fans who are completists. Other than Vader, new characters aren't as memorable as the ST characters are.

Sent from Topic'it App
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:28 am

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@vaderito

Heck, I can't even remember most of it. Mostly just me and my pal trying to keep our hysteric laughter down to quiet giggling during the overacted scene of the protagonist's dad's death scene.
@Rimfaxe96

Deathbed scenes need to die, period. They are all bad and laughable and entirely a movie/literature cliche.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:47 am

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Rimfaxe96

I watched it during a flight and fall asleep (shame on me- but I was really tired Pardon ) - than I tried again on the flight back and realized it was really boring. The best part was the end with Vader... that was great.

Last edited by Night Huntress on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:58 am

I still have a hard time believing Episode IX will be divided into two parts. It's always been a trilogy so it would be quite a departure from the norm. I have no problem with it being divided if it's good for the story though.

Anything is possible, but I guess we'll see if there's an official announcement. I assume they'd make an announcement some time after TLJ comes out, but before production for Episode IX really begins.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:10 am

@Maria26 wrote:"Kylo Ren is not present for most of the film"..tbh, that is VERY doubtful. I just don't believe it to be the case. That just doesn't make sense for a protagonist.
@Maria26

Tbh comparing to others, he might have a lesser screen time, I mean this is primarly focused on Resistance and Luke/Rey plus Finn has his own mini arc. Kylo will have scene with Snoke and Hux most likely at the beginning, then to Ach-To, then possibly meeting with Leia and final battle. But we know that he'll be there for a good part of the movie.

I believe that leaker who said that Kylo has about similar screen time as Poe in this movie, and also pretty much like he had in TFA. If we have two other movis, it makes sense.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:17 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@Rimfaxe96

I watched it during a flight and fall asleep (shame on me- but I was really tired Pardon ) - than I tried again on the flight back and realized it was really boring. The best part was the end with Vader... that was great.
@Night Huntress

But that's a good thing. You want to fall asleep on a plane cause it shortens the flight. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum