Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:55 pm

Not spoilers but Mark talks about what he meant about disagreeing with Rian for a Russian magazine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/72e3wl/mark_hamill_interview_with_russian_scifi_magazine/

Some time ago, the whole Internet thundered your words that you were completely disagree with how Luke is shown in the new film. Obviously, you can not go into details about this yet. Could you at least tell how you envisioned an aged Luke?

I thought he would remain the same Luke, just older and more experienced. But, as it turned out, he experienced much and changed a lot. When I said that I did not agree with the image of Luke, created by Rian Johnson, then, perhaps, i expressed that too harsh. It would be more correct to say that I was greatly surprised by Rian's decisions. But I think that there is nothing wrong with that. Surprises are great. Especially in a movie like The Last Jedi, which aims to bring freshness into the saga and avoid the repetition of what has already been in the previous parts. The task of playing not the Luke I expected, was a kind of challenge for me. But I so deeply trust to Rian that I accepted his vision of the character.

More in the link above.

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:19 pm

LMAO! StarWars.com is trolling:

StarWars.com: I’d like to start off with an easy question. Luke is both Rey’s father and Snoke, correct?

Mark Hamill: [Laughs] Wow, you are good at lobbing me softballs. It’s really weird, because they sent us already to London and Berlin on a press junket. And I’m saying to my wife, “It’s really odd going out to do press for a movie that you’re not supposed to talk about. What are we going to talk about? The weather?” But everybody was really nice. And you know, I can talk about everything from Episode I through Rogue One and Force Awakens, but I just really can’t talk about Last Jedi in detail.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-last-jedi-speaks

More in the link.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:24 pm

@vaderito wrote:LMAO! StarWars.com is trolling:

StarWars.com: I’d like to start off with an easy question. Luke is both Rey’s father and Snoke, correct?

Mark Hamill: [Laughs] Wow, you are good at lobbing me softballs. It’s really weird, because they sent us already to London and Berlin on a press junket. And I’m saying to my wife, “It’s really odd going out to do press for a movie that you’re not supposed to talk about. What are we going to talk about? The weather?” But everybody was really nice. And you know, I can talk about everything from Episode I through Rogue One and Force Awakens, but I just really can’t talk about Last Jedi in detail.

More in the link.

@vaderito

Shocked

A bad day for Reywalkers!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:26 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

More in the link.

@vaderito

Shocked

@Darth_Awakened

Oh no they are ruining the twist of the century by talking about it Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:26 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, one can interpret it as that SW.Com wouldn't mention it if he was the father.

Also, bad day for Waterfall Kylo Fans:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Tumblr_owu3gpAoD01v3o2r3o1_540

This is the glacier area, not the waterfall one. Sad I've been there few days ago. @Darth Dingbat
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:34 pm

More in the link.

@vaderito

Already press junket? Who else was going because Daisy is filming her movie with Tom Holland.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:42 pm

@vaderito wrote:Not spoilers but Mark talks about what he meant about disagreeing with Rian for a Russian magazine:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/72e3wl/mark_hamill_interview_with_russian_scifi_magazine/

Some time ago, the whole Internet thundered your words that you were completely disagree with how Luke is shown in the new film. Obviously, you can not go into details about this yet. Could you at least tell how you envisioned an aged Luke?

I thought he would remain the same Luke, just older and more experienced. But, as it turned out, he experienced much and changed a lot. When I said that I did not agree with the image of Luke, created by Rian Johnson, then, perhaps, i expressed that too harsh. It would be more correct to say that I was greatly surprised by Rian's decisions. But I think that there is nothing wrong with that. Surprises are great. Especially in a movie like The Last Jedi, which aims to bring freshness into the saga and avoid the repetition of what has already been in the previous parts. The task of playing not the Luke I expected, was a kind of challenge for me. But I so deeply trust to Rian that I accepted his vision of the character.

More in the link above.
@vaderito

Lots of good stuff in that interview--thanks for posting that over here. Also:

You started talking about the events that happened to Luke over the decades separating the classical and new trilogies. Almost nothing is known about this from the new canon. Will the VIII episode reveal the veil of secrecy?

From "The Force Awakening" you know what fate befell the Jedi Academy, where Luke was preparing a new generation of knights, and that his nephew turned to the Dark Side of the Force and murdered other disciples. I guess Luke was dumbfounded and broken, which forced him to go into exile. Of course, this is only a small fraction of what happened to him in the years between "Return of the Jedi" and VIII episode, and I can not tell anything more about those times. But I think you will learn the details from the upcoming episode.

And:

I think this radical change can be explained by the desire of the studio to surprise the viewer with something new. A lot of books, comic books and games were published on Star Wars, my son got acquainted with most of them and told how strong Luke was in them. So much so that, perhaps, with the help of the Force, you can control a dozens lightsabers simultaneously. I remember thinking that if they decide to show it like that in the new episodes, then I do not have to do anything at all - I'll just have to stand before the green screen and wave with my hands, and the rest will be painted with the help of computer effects. And then, when I offered some ideas, I was often told that it was already in a book or a comic book. And the studio wanted to show Luke the way he had never been seen before.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:42 pm

OK, so from my convo with @kroi in Kenobi thread, do you think this Planet Iceland could be a new planet or just part of Ahch-to or Crait? IMO, that place looks like a totally different planet (compared to Ireland and Bolivian salt flats) but I could see it sold as a different part of Ahch-to (water) or Crait if we go by the ground here (not even similar to the Icelandic lava ground but definitely not salt flats):

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss08

But since Rey is in her end-of-Ahch-to/Crait outfit, they could technically introduce a new planet at the very end.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:51 pm

@vaderito wrote:OK, so from my convo with @kroi in Kenobi thread, do you think this Planet Iceland could be a new planet or just part of Ahch-to or Crait? IMO, that place looks like a totally different planet (compared to Ireland and Bolivian salt flats) but I could see it sold as a different part of Ahch-to (water) or Crait if we go by the ground here (not even similar to the Icelandic lava ground but definitely not salt flats):

But since Rey is in her end-of-Ahch-to/Crait outfit, they could technically introduce a new planet at the very end.
@vaderito

I have this (very unlikely) headcanon that Rey goes off somewhere to train with Kylo after Luke blows up the hut, but before she heads over to Crait.

That said, as unlikely as that is, I don't think that visiting a new planet/location between Ahch-To and Crait is out of the question--I think it makes some sense, given Rey's costume change and the possible time skip.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 2:55 pm

@IseeAnIsland @Kroi

It's Crait most likely.  I'm pretty positive cause that's the glacier behind Leia and studio reproduction of the same behind Rey and Finn:

@IseeAnIsland

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Tlj-bts-d23-09-leia-rey

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 MlMOF9y

This is the exact area where I was:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Maxresdefault

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Solheimajokull-glacier

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Solheimajokull-glacier

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Fyrir-vef-skaftafell-icelandic-moutain-guides_litil

of course, different time of the year brings some changes but I don't know, I don't see much similarity to Ahch-to beyond that there's water.

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:16 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:OK, so from my convo with @kroi in Kenobi thread, do you think this Planet Iceland could be a new planet or just part of Ahch-to or Crait? IMO, that place looks like a totally different planet (compared to Ireland and Bolivian salt flats) but I could see it sold as a different part of Ahch-to (water) or Crait if we go by the ground here (not even similar to the Icelandic lava ground but definitely not salt flats):

@vaderito

I have this (very unlikely) headcanon that Rey goes off somewhere to train with Kylo after Luke blows up the hut, but before she heads over to Crait.

That said, as unlikely as that is, I don't think that visiting a new planet/location between Ahch-To and Crait is out of the question--I think it makes some sense, given Rey's costume change and the possible time skip.
@ISeeAnIsland

A part of me wants this so much but then a part of me wants to keep bad Kylo but having that "soft" spot for Rey. Very Happy There's always something about those "bad boys" that gets me...
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

Didn't the D23 photo of Rey and Chewie in the Falcon where she has her pensive/concerned look have her with hair down and final act outfit? Which I guessed would be they're returning to Leia without Luke.

Sent from Topic'it App
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:27 pm

@snufkin wrote:Didn't the D23 photo of Rey and Chewie in the Falcon where she has her pensive/concerned look have her with hair down and final act outfit? Which I guessed would be they're returning to Leia without Luke.

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

I have a feeling that the trio splits when they leave Ahch-to - Kylo goes one way, Rey/Chewie/R2 another way, and Luke the third way. Makes sense considering there will be 3 ships - MF, submerged X Wing and crashed Silencer or shuttle.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:38 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Didn't the D23 photo of Rey and Chewie in the Falcon where she has her pensive/concerned look have her with hair down and final act outfit? Which I guessed would be they're returning to Leia without Luke.

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

I have a feeling that the trio splits when they leave Ahch-to - Kylo goes one way, Rey/Chewie/R2 another way, and Luke the third way. Makes sense considering there will be 3 ships - MF, submerged X Wing and crashed Silencer or shuttle.
@vaderito

That's my guess, too.

I think that the submerged X-wing can only mean that Luke won't initially be going back with Rey and Chewie, but there will be some dramatic "Han Solo in ANH" type scenario towards the end of TLJ where Luke magically reappears in his X-wing to re-join the fight.

I just don't know what to think/make of what Kylo will be doing post-Ahch-To. I don't see him voluntarily going to the Resistance. On the other hand, Snoke was already likely ****ed off at him when Kylo set off for Ahch-To...I can only imagine the reception he's going to get if he goes back there having failed AGAIN. Plus, we don't know if the Silencer will be in any condition to fly. I kinda think that the FO is going to show up on Ahch-To, causing everyone to quickly scatter, with a very torn Kylo going back with the FO because he doesn't feel like he has anywhere else to go.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 3:57 pm

@ISeeAnIsland yep, I still think that Exploding Hut may be due to FO attack rather than Luke Unleashed as fun as the second scenario may be. Luke gets angry but the attack coincidentally starts at the moment making it look like he did it...for about 3 seconds. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:09 pm

I can see him going back if he's not only realized how badly he's f**ked up in pursuit of the greater good, but how much of a threat Snoke is to Rey and whatever the big Force picture that ties the two of them together. It has to be those two details as a baseline and then depending on how their relationship is handled, he ditches her like her parents did because he's trying to protect her. Only question is how he gets back. If his ship crashed and he's stuck there, he needs a ride. Otherwise why is he hanging out there if he can leave at any time?

Sent from Topic'it App
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:19 pm

I think Leia is standing on Crait.....an unnamed planet that looked a lot like Crait appeared in the comics with wrecks of imperial and rebel starships lying around, and it had a white surface with a red sub-surface in some areas but in others the soil was dark with sparse vegetation and water bodies. Leia could be standing on the part with water bodies and darker soil.

As for the exploding hut, I believe Luke is using an advanced force technique (which appears in legends). It is used by both light and dark side users as a form of attack against enemies. I think this scene in the trailer takes place just after Luke blows up the hut.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Starwarsreax15f-1-web

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm

@snufkin wrote:I can see him going back if he's not only realized how badly he's f**ked up in pursuit of the greater good, but how much of a threat Snoke is to Rey and whatever the big Force picture that ties the two of them together. It has to be those two details as a baseline and then depending on how their relationship is handled, he ditches her like her parents did because he's trying to protect her. Only question is how he gets back. If his ship crashed and he's stuck there, he needs a ride. Otherwise why is he hanging out there if he can leave at any time?

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

Yeah, I've been pondering the same things. He's either stuck there because

A. He's a prisoner
B. His ship crashed, and he has no way off of Ahch-To
C. For as much as the first Jedi temple seems to be getting ignored, there's something there that he really wants, and he hasn't been able to get it yet.

As far as how he leaves, if it's with the FO, I see it being a spur-of-the-moment thing. Maybe he and Rey make a lot of progress--to the point where Rey starts to trust him, the FO shows up, and he has to make a split-second decision to send Rey off with Chewie, while he creates a diversion/distraction and heads back with the FO in an FO ship. That gives you the angst of Rey having been left (yet again)...and gives Kylo a chance for a huge, dramatic turn at the end when he's faced with Rey showing up on Snoke's ship.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:38 pm

@panki wrote:I think Leia is standing on Crait.....an unnamed planet that looked a lot like Crait appeared in the comics with wrecks of imperial and rebel starships lying around, and it had a white surface with a red sub-surface in some areas but in others the soil was dark with sparse vegetation and water bodies. Leia could be standing on the part with water bodies and darker soil.

As for the exploding hut, I believe Luke is using an advanced force technique (which appears in legends). It is used by both light and dark side users as a form of attack against enemies. I think this scene in the trailer takes place just after Luke blows up the hut.

@panki

Or it could surprised attack by FO who will get there at some point. Don't think Kylo leaves with Rey but with FO, furthermore dissapointing Snoke.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:41 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@panki wrote:I think Leia is standing on Crait.....an unnamed planet that looked a lot like Crait appeared in the comics with wrecks of imperial and rebel starships lying around, and it had a white surface with a red sub-surface in some areas but in others the soil was dark with sparse vegetation and water bodies. Leia could be standing on the part with water bodies and darker soil.

@panki

Or it could surprised attack by FO who will get there at some point. Don't think Kylo leaves with Rey but with FO, furthermore dissapointing Snoke.
@DarthRen

Maybe it is a FO attack but I still believe the background of this scene matches a particular force power where a jedi can disintegrate objects by causing them to explode and burn (note the especially bright flames on Kylo's left). Kylo has his crossguard up in a possibly defensive stance against Luke.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm

@panki wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@panki

@DarthRen

Maybe it is a FO attack but I still believe the background of this scene matches a particular force power where a jedi can disintegrate objects by causing them to explode and burn. Kylo has his crossguard up in a possibly defensive stance against Luke.
@panki

I sort of like this scenario with Luke more and gives more credit to that leak that Luke is unstable with his powers and one of the reason why he's hiding. Kylo leaves with FO, Rey and Chewie on MF and Luke X-Wing.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 5:03 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I can see him going back if he's not only realized how badly he's f**ked up in pursuit of the greater good, but how much of a threat Snoke is to Rey and whatever the big Force picture that ties the two of them together. It has to be those two details as a baseline and then depending on how their relationship is handled, he ditches her like her parents did because he's trying to protect her. Only question is how he gets back. If his ship crashed and he's stuck there, he needs a ride. Otherwise why is he hanging out there if he can leave at any time?

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

Yeah, I've been pondering the same things.  He's either stuck there because

A. He's a prisoner
C. For as much as the first Jedi temple seems to be getting ignored, there's something there that he really wants, and he hasn't been able to get it yet.

As far as how he leaves, if it's with the FO, I see it being a spur-of-the-moment thing. Maybe he and Rey make a lot of progress--to the point where Rey starts to trust him, the FO shows up, and he has to make a split-second decision to send Rey off with Chewie, while he creates a diversion/distraction and heads back with the FO in an FO ship.  That gives you the angst of Rey having been left (yet again)...and gives Kylo a chance for a huge, dramatic turn at the end when he's faced with Rey showing up on Snoke's ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

Not sure how much of a progress they can make in a space one single conversation for her to  trust or care that deeply. If Kylo leaves her behind, it mirrors her leaving him at the end of TFA and don't think she would feel bertrayed or angry because at that point don't think she'll feel for him much. That might change once he turn on Snoke and FO at the end of TLJ. To show her he means it and demonstrate it by his actions. She'll more likely be worried about Luke getting out of Ach-To with FO around.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 5:08 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

A. He's a prisoner

As far as how he leaves, if it's with the FO, I see it being a spur-of-the-moment thing. Maybe he and Rey make a lot of progress--to the point where Rey starts to trust him, the FO shows up, and he has to make a split-second decision to send Rey off with Chewie, while he creates a diversion/distraction and heads back with the FO in an FO ship.  That gives you the angst of Rey having been left (yet again)...and gives Kylo a chance for a huge, dramatic turn at the end when he's faced with Rey showing up on Snoke's ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

@panki wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@panki

@DarthRen

Maybe it is a FO attack but I still believe the background of this scene matches a particular force power where a jedi can disintegrate objects by causing them to explode and burn (note the especially bright flames on Kylo's left). Kylo has his crossguard up in a possibly defensive stance against Luke.
@panki

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to.  I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 5:13 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

A. He's a prisoner

@ISeeAnIsland

Not sure how much of a progress they can make in a space one single conversation for her to  trust or care that deeply. If Kylo leaves her behind, it mirrors her leaving him at the end of TFA and don't think she would feel bertrayed or angry because at that point don't think she'll feel for him much. That might change once he turn on Snoke and FO at the end of TLJ. To show her he means it and demonstrate it by his actions. She'll more likely be worried about Luke getting out of Ach-To with FO around.
@DarthRen

I assume that Rey and Kylo are going to have more than a single conversation before they get to the point of whatever conversation they're having when the hut blows up.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 5:25 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

A. He's a prisoner

@ISeeAnIsland

@DarthRen

I assume that Rey and Kylo are going to have more than a single conversation before they get to the point of whatever conversation they're having when the hut blows up.
@ISeeAnIsland

Kylo comes to Ach-To and fights Rey.

Both survive and let's say Kylo is their prisoner.

Then comes hut scene that Luke dislikes and explosing by him or FO. Then they get separated.

It seems this is the most likely chain of events than multiple conversations. Kylo then meets up with Rey at the end of the film and they fight Praetorian guards. I don't really expect Ach-To to be much more than we know. Luke rejoins fight and they move on to join war.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum