Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep - 15:40

*snipped several sections/images/quotes to reduce scrolling*

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

...

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to.  I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
@SoloSideCousin

I completely agree with you that there's a missing piece in all of this--when do Kylo and Leia meet up?

And we know it has to be a Resistance setting, given that we know that Snoke and Leia don't share any scenes (or at least that Andy didn't film any scenes with Carrie). To ME, I'm with you, that it makes the most sense that Kylo and Leia reunite post Ahch-To, from a narrative perspective. But I'm trying to be objective with the fact that it does look like Leia is wearing her gray coat in that BTS shot. Not only does the setting look like a Resistance ship (and not D'Qar), I just can't see how they'd waste the reunion between them on a scene so early in the movie. But she is wearing the gray coat, it appears.

Bothan-Spy has been pretty dead-on with his leaks so far. It's possible that the hut is blown in a FO attack (and there was that trailer shot of the MF vs. the TIES...does that happen over Ahch-To or over Crait?), but I'm inclined to believe Bothan-Spy's (informed) speculation that it's likely Luke who blows the hut. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I'll bet that Luke blowing the hut ends up being a pivotal moment in the film. Let's not forget Kylo's crude-looking stitches in that one BTS shot--I still think the most likely cause of those is Rey having to stitch him up on Ahch-To.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep - 15:49

The thing with Kylo is that based on Rian's comments, he'll dive deep into the character including relationship with Rey as two halves. However, nothing in previews shows Kylo outside of Mega and his Silencer during D'Qar battle, so my guess is that he's gotta be present on Ahch-to (duh, Ireland shoot) and Crait (either on the ground or in the orbit) otherwise when will we ever see all that development that is promised? If you look at the Crait in particular, it appears that everyone and their mother is there except Kylo, Luke and Snoke (whom nobody expects to leave his shagpad anyway). Fishy.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10376
Likes : 50085
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 25 Sep - 15:53

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:*snipped several sections/images/quotes to reduce scrolling*

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

...

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to.  I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
@SoloSideCousin

I completely agree with you that there's a missing piece in all of this--when do Kylo and Leia meet up?

And we know it has to be a Resistance setting, given that we know that Snoke and Leia don't share any scenes (or at least that Andy didn't film any scenes with Carrie).  To ME, I'm with you, that it makes the most sense that Kylo and Leia reunite post Ahch-To, from a narrative perspective. But I'm trying to be objective with the fact that it does look like Leia is wearing her gray coat in that BTS shot. Not only does the setting look like a Resistance ship (and not D'Qar), I just can't see how they'd waste the reunion between them on a scene so early in the movie. But she is wearing the gray coat, it appears.

Bothan-Spy has been pretty dead-on with his leaks so far. It's possible that the hut is blown in a FO attack (and there was that trailer shot of the MF vs. the TIES...does that happen over Ahch-To or over Crait?), but I'm inclined to believe Bothan-Spy's (informed) speculation that it's likely Luke who blows the hut. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I'll bet that Luke blowing the hut ends up being a pivotal moment in the film. Let's not forget Kylo's crude-looking stitches in that one BTS shot--I still think the most likely cause of those is Rey having to stitch him up on Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh yes! The stitches! I forgot about the stitches! (Does anyone have that picture easily on-hand? I can't picture it for some reason, but I know that there were stitches). Stitches would not come from FO medical care. Stitches would come from the Jakku School of Medicine via Dr. Rey. Very Happy

I also am going with BothanSpy's interpretation of the scene as well. If there was some FO presence, wouldn't there have been physical evidence of that, since they want to get more tactile?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4735
Likes : 22918
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep - 15:57

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:*snipped several sections/images/quotes to reduce scrolling*

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

...

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to.  I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
@SoloSideCousin

I completely agree with you that there's a missing piece in all of this--when do Kylo and Leia meet up?

And we know it has to be a Resistance setting, given that we know that Snoke and Leia don't share any scenes (or at least that Andy didn't film any scenes with Carrie).  To ME, I'm with you, that it makes the most sense that Kylo and Leia reunite post Ahch-To, from a narrative perspective. But I'm trying to be objective with the fact that it does look like Leia is wearing her gray coat in that BTS shot. Not only does the setting look like a Resistance ship (and not D'Qar), I just can't see how they'd waste the reunion between them on a scene so early in the movie. But she is wearing the gray coat, it appears.

Bothan-Spy has been pretty dead-on with his leaks so far. It's possible that the hut is blown in a FO attack (and there was that trailer shot of the MF vs. the TIES...does that happen over Ahch-To or over Crait?), but I'm inclined to believe Bothan-Spy's (informed) speculation that it's likely Luke who blows the hut. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I'll bet that Luke blowing the hut ends up being a pivotal moment in the film. Let's not forget Kylo's crude-looking stitches in that one BTS shot--I still think the most likely cause of those is Rey having to stitch him up on Ahch-To.
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh yes! The stitches! I forgot about the stitches! (Does anyone have that picture easily on-hand? I can't picture it for some reason, but I know that there were stitches). Stitches would not come from FO medical care. Stitches would come from the Jakku School of Medicine via Dr. Rey. Very Happy

I also am going with BothanSpy's interpretation of the scene as well. If there was some FO presence,  wouldn't there have been physical evidence of that, since they want to get more tactile?
@SoloSideCousin

Yes! The stitches! Can't forget the stitches! Smile

The only possible "evidence" of the FO being on Ahch-To was the rumored (by locals) scene that was shot with Rey and some stormtroopers when they were shooting in Ireland. However, I take this with a huge mountain of salt.

I do think it's possible that they get chased off of Ahch-To by the FO, just given that something has to motivate Rey to leave, likely without Luke. So, it's either a FO attack, or they get word of something that makes Rey leave and head to Crait (along the lines of ESB), or they decide that Luke is too dangerous/unstable/a lost cause. Unless we've got a Dark! Luke scenario, I think the last one is unlikely, given Rey's character.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by vaderito on Mon 25 Sep - 16:12

I'm posting all BTS and other published Kylo images. if you see stitches anywhere, let me know:

Spoiler:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 000263244hr
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 The-last-jedi-bts-8.03.57-PM
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Screen-Shot-2017-04-14-at-12.12.00-PM
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 TLJ-Kylo-04
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 98327382
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 QuH7Lzq
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Maxresdefault

@Iseeanisland @solosidecousin
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10376
Likes : 50085
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 25 Sep - 16:39

I've always regarded the three spaceship as possibly a Dark!Luke hint. Everyone goes their own way in their own ship.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 588
Likes : 2238
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-08

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 25 Sep - 17:00

@Kylo Men wrote:I've always regarded the three spaceship as possibly a Dark!Luke hint. Everyone goes their own way in their own ship.
@Kylo Men

Yeah, I could definitely see that.  Also given that Russian interview posted above, Luke is going to be very different from the powerful, optimistic Luke of ROTJ and the legends books. I also think the difference is going to amount to more than Luke having some angst in the first half of the movie only to get in his watery X-wing and save the day in the second.  

All of MH's rejected scenarios had Luke rescuing people. Luke rescued people over and over again in those Legend books. They are doing something different. As such, I think Luke will go missing for a while after Ahch-to.

The way I read the Russian article I see a number of possibilities for Luke to be different.

(1) He has lost his power to save anyone.  I really doubt this one because he is supposed to have that vaporizing power in the game.

(2) Luke has grown so bitter as to be destructively nihilistic,  where he looks at the world in a very skewed way, almost an "end of the world is upon us , so all this fighting is useless" way.

(3) Luke's power is out of control and he knows that he is a danger, hence the burying the X-wing underwater.

(4) Luke is mentally unstable (This could connect with Number 3). I see him either being Jekyll and Hyde or fanatical and dogmatic about the force in some way.

(5) Luke has become "dark" (which can connect to Number 2). He is so disillusioned or damaged or whatever that he is like a force anarchist and thinks the whole thing needs to burn (which could make him kind of an "apocalypse fanatic).  I found it interesting that MH said that the "Jedi must end" line was a Joker type line.

(6) Luke is "dark" due to some dark side possession. I find this one less likely because Mark seemed to indicate that Luke had had a real thought out transformation of viewpoint, but it's not impossible.

But in the end, a different Luke has to be a "not save the day" Luke, at least in any kind of traditional sense.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4735
Likes : 22918
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep - 17:11

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I can see him going back if he's not only realized how badly he's f**ked up in pursuit of the greater good, but how much of a threat Snoke is to Rey and whatever the big Force picture that ties the two of them together. It has to be those two details as a baseline and then depending on how their relationship is handled, he ditches her like her parents did because he's trying to protect her. Only question is how he gets back. If his ship crashed and he's stuck there, he needs a ride. Otherwise why is he hanging out there if he can leave at any time?

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

Yeah, I've been pondering the same things.  He's either stuck there because

A. He's a prisoner
B. His ship crashed, and he has no way off of Ahch-To
C. For as much as the first Jedi temple seems to be getting ignored, there's something there that he really wants, and he hasn't been able to get it yet.

As far as how he leaves, if it's with the FO, I see it being a spur-of-the-moment thing. Maybe he and Rey make a lot of progress--to the point where Rey starts to trust him, the FO shows up, and he has to make a split-second decision to send Rey off with Chewie, while he creates a diversion/distraction and heads back with the FO in an FO ship.  That gives you the angst of Rey having been left (yet again)...and gives Kylo a chance for a huge, dramatic turn at the end when he's faced with Rey showing up on Snoke's ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

@panki wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@panki wrote:I think Leia is standing on Crait.....an unnamed planet that looked a lot like Crait appeared in the comics with wrecks of imperial and rebel starships lying around, and it had a white surface with a red sub-surface in some areas but in others the soil was dark with sparse vegetation and water bodies. Leia could be standing on the part with water bodies and darker soil.

As for the exploding hut, I believe Luke is using an advanced force technique (which appears in legends). It is used by both light and dark side users as a form of attack against enemies. I think this scene in the trailer takes place just after Luke blows up the hut.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Starwarsreax15f-1-web
@panki

Or it could surprised attack by FO who will get there at some point. Don't think Kylo leaves with Rey but with FO, furthermore dissapointing Snoke.
@DarthRen

Maybe it is a FO attack but I still believe the background of this scene matches a particular force power where a jedi can disintegrate objects by causing them to explode and burn (note the especially bright flames on Kylo's left). Kylo has his crossguard up in a possibly defensive stance against Luke.
@panki

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to.  I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
@SoloSideCousin

They had scenes but then if Kylo and Leaia do have a scene outside of Crait. Where and when? Then he goes to FO or fights with Resistance? Is he really a prisoner because resistance would kill him because he is one of the main leaders of FO and wouldn't let him visit Leia in what doesn't look like a prison.

Is this shot of Rey when she looks at Kylo and Leia meeting or is it something else?

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 IwcD7gd

Setting seems like some ship. Not FO or Ach-To or Crait. Maybe that meeting of Kylo and Leia? What do you think?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2104
Likes : 6266
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 25 Sep - 17:30

@DarthRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I can see him going back if he's not only realized how badly he's f**ked up in pursuit of the greater good, but how much of a threat Snoke is to Rey and whatever the big Force picture that ties the two of them together. It has to be those two details as a baseline and then depending on how their relationship is handled, he ditches her like her parents did because he's trying to protect her. Only question is how he gets back. If his ship crashed and he's stuck there, he needs a ride. Otherwise why is he hanging out there if he can leave at any time?

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

Yeah, I've been pondering the same things.  He's either stuck there because

A. He's a prisoner
B. His ship crashed, and he has no way off of Ahch-To
C. For as much as the first Jedi temple seems to be getting ignored, there's something there that he really wants, and he hasn't been able to get it yet.

As far as how he leaves, if it's with the FO, I see it being a spur-of-the-moment thing. Maybe he and Rey make a lot of progress--to the point where Rey starts to trust him, the FO shows up, and he has to make a split-second decision to send Rey off with Chewie, while he creates a diversion/distraction and heads back with the FO in an FO ship.  That gives you the angst of Rey having been left (yet again)...and gives Kylo a chance for a huge, dramatic turn at the end when he's faced with Rey showing up on Snoke's ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

@panki wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@panki wrote:I think Leia is standing on Crait.....an unnamed planet that looked a lot like Crait appeared in the comics with wrecks of imperial and rebel starships lying around, and it had a white surface with a red sub-surface in some areas but in others the soil was dark with sparse vegetation and water bodies. Leia could be standing on the part with water bodies and darker soil.

As for the exploding hut, I believe Luke is using an advanced force technique (which appears in legends). It is used by both light and dark side users as a form of attack against enemies. I think this scene in the trailer takes place just after Luke blows up the hut.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Starwarsreax15f-1-web
@panki

Or it could surprised attack by FO who will get there at some point. Don't think Kylo leaves with Rey but with FO, furthermore dissapointing Snoke.
@DarthRen

Maybe it is a FO attack but I still believe the background of this scene matches a particular force power where a jedi can disintegrate objects by causing them to explode and burn (note the especially bright flames on Kylo's left). Kylo has his crossguard up in a possibly defensive stance against Luke.
@panki

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to.  I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
@SoloSideCousin

They had scenes but then if Kylo and Leaia do have a scene outside of Crait. Where and when? Then he goes to FO or fights with Resistance? Is he really a prisoner because resistance would kill him because he is one of the main leaders of FO and wouldn't let him visit Leia in what doesn't look like a prison.

Is this shot of Rey when she looks at Kylo and Leia meeting or is it something else?

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 IwcD7gd

Setting seems like some ship. Not FO or Ach-To or Crait. Maybe that meeting of Kylo and Leia? What do you think?
@DarthRen

From the second I saw that picture I thought that that was Rey looking at Kylo or Kylo and Leia. Now that could totally be my Reylo goggles talking obviously, lol. But what I have in mind at the moment is that Rey brings back Kylo sans Luke. I think it fits with what Maz was saying "someone who still could" and the irony of Rey being sent to get Luke and actually beings back Kylo.

I think that the only way that Kylo gets on that Resistance ship with his mother in such a way that he is standing in an open area and not a jail area is that someone has vouched for him. I think only Chewie and Rey can fit that role. (I think Kylo will have a major issue with Luke through most if not all of the movie based on AD's method acting refusal to hang out with MH). And Rey and Chewie can only vouch for him if they have spent time with him, and since we know he goes to Ahch-to, I think that "learning Kylo's story" will happen there. I think Rey, Chewie and Kylo will leave together either due to FO arrival or because they have a bad incident with Luke. (Kylo having a sympathetic backstory almost necessitates Luke having some kind of problem).

I think they arrive on Leia's Resistance ship and then Crait comes later. I don't know if Kylo is on Crait or he goes back to the FO, likely no longer loyal to them, but his presence with them might help Rey or Leia. (I am not sure he goes full-on Resistance. I think he might still have his own angle, but will be loyal to Rey and Leia and will have a serious problem with people like Snoke).

Again, this is filtered through Reylo lenses and could change with new information, but that is where my head is today. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4735
Likes : 22918
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 25 Sep - 18:00

Is is a very soft look she has on her face with whatever she is seeing.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 221
Likes : 1008
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 25 Sep - 18:58

Did I read the interview with Mark on sw.com right? Did he imply he was in scenes on canto bite? I thought he did, then corrected himself to say he visted sets even though he was not in the scene?


Last edited by Birdwoman on Mon 25 Sep - 20:27; edited 1 time in total

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1199
Likes : 5221
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by snufkin on Mon 25 Sep - 19:59

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Is is a very soft look she has on her face with whatever she is seeing.

@bashfulblueeyes3

Agreed! Catching up with the posts, but I've thought that if there's anybody Rey would be looking at with that expression, it'd be Kylo, especially in any potential reunion with Leia and given her pensive expression when she saw him with Han. And we know from Maz's line that "there's somebody who still could [come back]" was left open ended. Even if a lot of vocal fans have run with that can only mean her job is to be Luke's muse/inspiration to return to the fight. That definitely would not be her expression looking at Finn because their reunion is not going to be chill whatsoever.

As for post Ache-to scenarios, what I said before is my best guess. Maybe he'll come back with her to see his mom after Luke finally goes full crazy old wizard on them and blows up the hut. A big unanswered question is what's the role of the First Jedi Temple in the story. Because they teased it in the first movie and with the writers/directors dropping references to Raiders of the Lost Ark (which one of the writers wrote). I totally got sucked into speculating about that part of the story because of the mentions of that movie and Seven Samurai. The map plot point was a red herring because the point was actually to get the Darkside and the Light to meet and to reveal that the Light is a prodigy level Force user. Like Han said, there's a piece missing (the piece being Rey). It's possible that what they end up writing about Ache-to is to get those two characters together again for more about who they are to be revealed/developed and for their relationship to deepen. Then again, they've also mentioned Three Outlaw Samurai with its themes of honor/betrayal/understanding the other side and Letter Never Sent, so those may be better thematic influences to keep in mind instead of the Jedi equivalent to the IKEA test.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38101
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep - 20:25

@Birdwoman wrote:Did I read the interview with Mark on sw.com? Did he imply he was in scenes on canto bite? I thought he did, then corrected himself to say he visted sets even though he was not in the scene?
@Birdwoman

FWIW, it came out months ago that Mark visited the Canto Bight set but isn't supposed to be in any scenes there. I don't think that was any sort of slip-up.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Sep - 20:26

Rey hasn't got the bruise above her eye in that picture. Maybe it's before Crait as she seemed to have the bruise when flying the Falcon with Chewie and I think she had it during the BTS "peanuts dance" segment. Much as I'd love her to be looking at Kylo like that, I'm cautious when we know nothing of the context.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Sep - 20:28

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:Did I read the interview with Mark on sw.com? Did he imply he was in scenes on canto bite? I thought he did, then corrected himself to say he visted sets even though he was not in the scene?
@Birdwoman

FWIW, it came out months ago that Mark visited the Canto Bight set but isn't supposed to be in any scenes there. I don't think that was any sort of slip-up.
@ISeeAnIsland

Mark talks about how amazed he was by the Canto Bight Casino set in the interview he did with GQ magazine http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/mark-hamill-star-wars-the-last-jedi

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 25 Sep - 20:33

Oh ok, I did hear that he did not film in the casino. I know in the interview he talked about how amazing the set was and the costumes. I admit, I am trying to figure out who is force throwing that guy in bts reel.....hmmmm....
Do you think It could be new character that we have not been introduced too yet?

I realize I probably won't know until the movie hits.....lol

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1199
Likes : 5221
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Saracene on Mon 25 Sep - 20:57

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Rey hasn't got the bruise above her eye in that picture. Maybe it's before Crait as she seemed to have the bruise when flying the Falcon with Chewie and I think she had it during the BTS "peanuts dance" segment. Much as I'd love her to be looking at Kylo like that, I'm cautious when we know nothing of the context.
@Mrs Ben Solo

It could be that Rey is not looking at anyone in particular, but is simply lost in thought. I agree, it's easy to get swept away with your own biases without knowing the context.

Re: Rey as Luke's muse/inspiration, as much as I wouldn't want it I could easily see this being the actual story, or a part of the story, to be honest. Especially if TLJ begins with Rey and Luke not getting along at first. The idea of women in nurturing/supportive roles is so deeply ingrained in our culture I can see the filmmakers go along with something like this without seeing anything wrong with it.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2265
Likes : 14446
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 25 Sep - 21:46

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Rey hasn't got the bruise above her eye in that picture. Maybe it's before Crait as she seemed to have the bruise when flying the Falcon with Chewie and I think she had it during the BTS "peanuts dance" segment. Much as I'd love her to be looking at Kylo like that, I'm cautious when we know nothing of the context.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Doesn't she have the bruise while flying with Chewie on the MF? That has to be either leaving Ahch-to or a scenario we are unaware of. Perhaps that soft picture of Rey is from much later? We still know very little about the second half of the movie.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4735
Likes : 22918
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep - 22:07

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Rey hasn't got the bruise above her eye in that picture. Maybe it's before Crait as she seemed to have the bruise when flying the Falcon with Chewie and I think she had it during the BTS "peanuts dance" segment. Much as I'd love her to be looking at Kylo like that, I'm cautious when we know nothing of the context.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Doesn't she have the bruise while flying with Chewie on the MF? That has to be either leaving Ahch-to or a scenario we are unaware of. Perhaps that soft picture of Rey is from much later? We still know very little about the second half of the movie.
@SoloSideCousin

Maybe it's some as-yet-unseen angle of the Falcon interior, and Rey just walked in on Kylo cuddling a Porg. Very Happy (J/K)

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep - 22:09

@Saracene wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Rey hasn't got the bruise above her eye in that picture. Maybe it's before Crait as she seemed to have the bruise when flying the Falcon with Chewie and I think she had it during the BTS "peanuts dance" segment. Much as I'd love her to be looking at Kylo like that, I'm cautious when we know nothing of the context.
@Mrs Ben Solo

It could be that Rey is not looking at anyone in particular, but is simply lost in thought. I agree, it's easy to get swept away with your own biases without knowing the context.

Re: Rey as Luke's muse/inspiration, as much as I wouldn't want it I could easily see this being the actual story, or a part of the story, to be honest. Especially if TLJ begins with Rey and Luke not getting along at first. The idea of women in nurturing/supportive roles is so deeply ingrained in our culture I can see the filmmakers go along with something like this without seeing anything wrong with it.
@Saracene

Except then that turns Rey into a variation of a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, and also turns TLJ into Luke's story (not Rey's)...which regardless of the Lukefest marketing, is something that I'm confident we're not getting.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 25 Sep - 22:17

Sorry for the (UGH) triple-post, but Gangsta Rap Dude from reddit (who does seem to have somewhat of a track record) just posted this over on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/72i8bg/ok_heres_what_i_know/

Teasers (Roughly 10 second clips) will show up next week for the trailer on social media. Twitter and Instagram are what to watch.

These teasers will be BRAND NEW FOOTAGE.

The Praetorian Guards will feature in one of these teasers.

Kylo Ren will feature in at least two of these teasers.

Luke and to a lesser extent Rey will feature in the final one and it is amazing. (AND MSW was once again dead on about one of these scenes.)

The trailer will be October 8th on ESPN’s Monday Night Football at halftime.

The following week the international trailer will release with newer footage.

The TV ads will begin the second week of November, and tickets will go on sale.

It will also be announced before Last Jedi comes out that IX will be split in two parts.

I know more specific things but keeping them close to the vest so I can call out the inevitable fake leaks to come.

One quick thing to note... the MNF game will be on October 9th, not the 8th as stated in the spoiler.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by snufkin on Mon 25 Sep - 22:28

Splitting IX into 2 movies wouldn't be surprising given the # of blockbusters which have gone that route. Only objection would be if they drag out the story so much, the audience loses interest by then.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8245
Likes : 38101
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Mon 25 Sep - 23:26

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the (UGH) triple-post, but Gangsta Rap Dude from reddit (who does seem to have somewhat of a track record) just posted this over on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/72i8bg/ok_heres_what_i_know/

Teasers (Roughly 10 second clips) will show up next week for the trailer on social media. Twitter and Instagram are what to watch.

These teasers will be BRAND NEW FOOTAGE.

The Praetorian Guards will feature in one of these teasers.

Kylo Ren will feature in at least two of these teasers.

Luke and to a lesser extent Rey will feature in the final one and it is amazing. (AND MSW was once again dead on about one of these scenes.)

The trailer will be October 8th on ESPN’s Monday Night Football at halftime.

The following week the international trailer will release with newer footage.

The TV ads will begin the second week of November, and tickets will go on sale.

It will also be announced before Last Jedi comes out that IX will be split in two parts.

I know more specific things but keeping them close to the vest so I can call out the inevitable fake leaks to come.

One quick thing to note... the MNF game will be on October 9th, not the 8th as stated in the spoiler.
@ISeeAnIsland

Split in two parts?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2104
Likes : 6266
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 25 Sep - 23:58

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I can see him going back if he's not only realized how badly he's f**ked up in pursuit of the greater good, but how much of a threat Snoke is to Rey and whatever the big Force picture that ties the two of them together. It has to be those two details as a baseline and then depending on how their relationship is handled, he ditches her like her parents did because he's trying to protect her. Only question is how he gets back. If his ship crashed and he's stuck there, he needs a ride. Otherwise why is he hanging out there if he can leave at any time?

Sent from Topic'it App
@snufkin

Yeah, I've been pondering the same things.  He's either stuck there because

A. He's a prisoner
B. His ship crashed, and he has no way off of Ahch-To
C. For as much as the first Jedi temple seems to be getting ignored, there's something there that he really wants, and he hasn't been able to get it yet.

As far as how he leaves, if it's with the FO, I see it being a spur-of-the-moment thing. Maybe he and Rey make a lot of progress--to the point where Rey starts to trust him, the FO shows up, and he has to make a split-second decision to send Rey off with Chewie, while he creates a diversion/distraction and heads back with the FO in an FO ship.  That gives you the angst of Rey having been left (yet again)...and gives Kylo a chance for a huge, dramatic turn at the end when he's faced with Rey showing up on Snoke's ship.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think a scenario like this is very possible, except with one caveat ... when is Kylo with the Resistance?  We know from the BTS that he and Carrie are in the same scene.  That scene is not on D'Qar because D'Qar is very grungey/dug-out-of-a-cave looking.  That is a ship, and Leia is well-dressed, thus indicating that it isn't an emergency scene.  I also find it highly doubtful that he would see his mother before he sees Rey.  The Resistance would just arrest him and wouldn't let him go anywhere.  I mean I guess he could escape, but that seems like a waste of time.  I mean maybe that's what happens, but my gut tells me that he goes straight to Ahch-to after his dressing down from Snoke.  This would allow for the drama of the Silencer landing on Ahch-to and for Rey to have that intense running scene to meet him.

The FO might come to Ahch-to or not, but I think that Kylo comes back with Rey and Chewie.  He might be their prisoner.  He might not be.  I don't know.  But they would never let us see him with them in the cockpit before the movie comes out anyway, and we know that he is on that Resistance ship.  It's just a matter of when.  If he goes back to Snoke post-Ahch-to, would he leave the FO a second time to get to Leia's ship, and then confront Snoke a third time at the end? I don't know if they have time for all that back and forth.

@panki wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@panki wrote:I think Leia is standing on Crait.....an unnamed planet that looked a lot like Crait appeared in the comics with wrecks of imperial and rebel starships lying around, and it had a white surface with a red sub-surface in some areas but in others the soil was dark with sparse vegetation and water bodies. Leia could be standing on the part with water bodies and darker soil.

As for the exploding hut, I believe Luke is using an advanced force technique (which appears in legends). It is used by both light and dark side users as a form of attack against enemies. I think this scene in the trailer takes place just after Luke blows up the hut.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Starwarsreax15f-1-web
@panki

Or it could surprised attack by FO who will get there at some point. Don't think Kylo leaves with Rey but with FO, furthermore dissapointing Snoke.
@DarthRen

Maybe it is a FO attack but I still believe the background of this scene matches a particular force power where a jedi can disintegrate objects by causing them to explode and burn (note the especially bright flames on Kylo's left). Kylo has his crossguard up in a possibly defensive stance against Luke.
@panki

I agree.  Luke doesn't have that vaporizing power for nothing.  He's going to use it somewhere.  [b]I am actually doubtful of the FO coming to Ahch-to. I could be totally off, but I just get the feeling that the FO stuff (Hux and Phasma) is going to be really tied up fighting the straight Resistance (Poe, Finn, Leia and Rose) until Crait.  Even then I think Kylo and Rey's involvement with the FO will be very Snoke and/or Force plot centered.
@SoloSideCousin

1. I think it's not D'Qar. I doubt we'll see D'Qar in the movie at all (only probably from space during the attack/battle). More than one shots from the BTS point to FO attacking the Resistance "in space"

2. Also on the on the same page regarding FO coming to Anch To. I do believe "Anch To" is tied tghtly to Kylo's "personal interests" not the military and strategic plans of FO. Although it depends heavily on the Kylo's meeting with his "boss".
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 26 Sep - 0:06

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sorry for the (UGH) triple-post, but Gangsta Rap Dude from reddit (who does seem to have somewhat of a track record) just posted this over on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/72i8bg/ok_heres_what_i_know/

Teasers (Roughly 10 second clips) will show up next week for the trailer on social media. Twitter and Instagram are what to watch.

These teasers will be BRAND NEW FOOTAGE.

The Praetorian Guards will feature in one of these teasers.

Kylo Ren will feature in at least two of these teasers.

Luke and to a lesser extent Rey will feature in the final one and it is amazing. (AND MSW was once again dead on about one of these scenes.)

The trailer will be October 8th on ESPN’s Monday Night Football at halftime.

The following week the international trailer will release with newer footage.

The TV ads will begin the second week of November, and tickets will go on sale.

It will also be announced before Last Jedi comes out that IX will be split in two parts.

I know more specific things but keeping them close to the vest so I can call out the inevitable fake leaks to come.

One quick thing to note... the MNF game will be on October 9th, not the 8th as stated in the spoiler.
@ISeeAnIsland

Now, I apologize for double posting, but I failed to see this earlier.
Wow, it's lot of things. It seems reddit's Gangsta Rapper has somebody deep in the PR/marketing thing. And we'll be able to check his credibility very soon.

Episode IX split in two? huh that's huge if true.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum