Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 3:20 pm

If the trailer really hints
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see any clue in this brief promo?!
@Maria Antonietta

Naw, I am sure you are not the only one...
@spacebaby45678

@Birdwoman @PalmettoBlue

All evidence is subjective.. so grain of salt however

watch this video posted 5 months ago and it will explain the blurb from starwars.com there is a musical call back to Obi Wan in the teaser trailer.

@spacebaby45678

If the music really hints
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Star Wars tumblr are trying to drop a clue for you.. Smile

https://starwars.tumblr.com/post/167086657397/its-always-been-there
@spacebaby45678

Hello there! Wink
@reylo1992
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_oym5o3SRE41ujgfpb_500
@spacebaby45678

Love the way LF implies that "it's always been there" regarding the clues to her lineage Wink
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 3:37 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:If the trailer really hints
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see any clue in this brief promo?!
@Maria Antonietta

Naw, I am sure you are not the only one...
@spacebaby45678

@Birdwoman @PalmettoBlue

All evidence is subjective.. so grain of salt however

watch this video posted 5 months ago and it will explain the blurb from starwars.com there is a musical call back to Obi Wan in the teaser trailer.

@spacebaby45678

If the music really hints
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Star Wars tumblr are trying to drop a clue for you.. Smile

@spacebaby45678

Hello there! Wink
@reylo1992
@spacebaby45678

Love the way LF implies that "it's always been there" regarding the clues to her lineage Wink
@reylo1992

Exactly!

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Anigif_enhanced-11812-1434036377-3
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 10:06 pm

@Forsythia wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:Hi All,
I don't know if this is a spoiler.. maybe it is so I'll stick this here..

Was just looking at an image of the Praetorian guard and I noticed something I hadn't seen before..
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Pg10
Sorry this has already been mentioned, but it looks like their staff/swords/whatever you call them, can break in half and be used as two separate weapons..one for each hand..
You're right, it looks like two of the guards have the same weapon, one of them in one piece and the other broken in two pieces:
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Pg0110 Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Pg0210
It would be cool, if they suddenly break their weapon in the middle of the fight and use it like daggers.

The other two guards have different weapons, a staff and a sword:
Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Pg0410 Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Pg0310

I also noticed now for the first time, that there is a small laser next to the blade in some pictures. I guess that will be useful when fighting against someone who wields a lightsaber, because a normal blade would just be cut in half.

And there are only pictures of 4 different guards though Snoke has 8 guards, so I guess there'll be two identical guards/weapons of each, which would also fit with Snoke's symmetrical Throne Room.

I can't wait to see Rey and Kylo fight together against these guards bounce
@Forsythia

Thanks for sharing @Forsythia! These shots look amazing! Oh I see - so the Praetorian guards come in 'varieties' well that is even more cool - because their weapons will be doing different things...
Me thinks this fight is going to be cool Smile throw in some Rey and Ben/Kylo working together and bonding and I think it's really going to be epic!!

Thanks for pointing out the laser tip there - I'd not seen that before. That looks very interesting! I wonder if that is powered by a kyber crystal.. or if this is powered by Snoke's little force battery Wink Could be interesting slant for non jedi or sith to be using Kyber crystals...
Is it confirmed snoke's black ring is a kyber crystal or is this an educated guess at the moment?

I can't see Snoke hanging around for a confrontation - I think its more dramatic if that doesn't happen till IX.
I think they won't actually confront him till IX but that's just my guess.. as I've said previously, I think once whatever goes down goes down - it will be revealed Snoke was never there it was an illusion, they weren't really confronting him after all.
Instead, he's really off on Palpatine's old home address spaceship (what was it the eclipse? I can't remember).. lounging by the pool with his cocktail with an umbrella - (explains the gold dressing gown no?!)

Setting up IX for a fun hunt and final showdown! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 10:13 pm

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 AHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xOTUvOTI4L29yaWdpbmFsL1NXX0xKX28uanBn

Maybe a bit random.. but I've been meaning to ask: Does anyone else see there is a face here with this tree?!
I see eyes! I'm half expecting it to start talking at one point!!!!

[rofl. maybe it's the star wars version of audible! Wink ]
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:17 am

@DeeBee wrote:Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 AHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xOTUvOTI4L29yaWdpbmFsL1NXX0xKX28uanBn

Maybe a bit random.. but I've been meaning to ask: Does anyone else see there is a face here with this tree?!

@DeeBee

Oh wow! I never saw that until you pointed it out!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 3:46 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 AHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xOTUvOTI4L29yaWdpbmFsL1NXX0xKX28uanBn

@DeeBee

Oh wow! I never saw that until you pointed it out!
@SoloSideCousin

Ohh yes. Funnily enough I was watching LOTR Two Towers last night with my kids and my youngest was really scared of Treebeard despite me saying he’s a goodie
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:01 pm

I thought this Reddit thread was interesting! This person thinks they've connected scenes and figured out that Kylo blows Poe's x-wing to heck early in the movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7ap0z0/kylo_ren_destroys_poe_damerons_xwing_black_one/
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:40 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I thought this Reddit thread was interesting! This person thinks they've connected scenes and figured out that Kylo blows Poe's x-wing to heck early in the movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7ap0z0/kylo_ren_destroys_poe_damerons_xwing_black_one/
@ZioRen

I am really bad at understanding space battles, I always find them a confusing mess with ships shooting other ships, and I have no idea who is shooting who or what is happening Smile
So I can’t say if the deduction in that reddit post seems correct or not. But I would like it to be true. Kylo needs to do some cool and bad*** stuff in this movie. He ended TFA in a low losing to novice Rey and people generally consider him weak. So he needs to do some cool stuff (as he did in the beginning of TFA). And yes we know he is conflicted, but that is not a problem. He must be conflicted and strong.
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:42 pm

@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I thought this Reddit thread was interesting! This person thinks they've connected scenes and figured out that Kylo blows Poe's x-wing to heck early in the movie.

@ZioRen

I am really bad at understanding space battles, I always find them a confusing mess with ships shooting other ships, and I have no idea who is shooting who or what is happening Smile
So I can’t say if the deduction in that reddit post seems correct or not. But I would like it to be true. Kylo needs to do some cool and bad*** stuff in this movie. He ended TFA in a low losing to novice Rey and people generally consider him weak. So he needs to do some cool stuff (as he did in the beginning of TFA). And yes we know he is conflicted, but that is not a problem. He must be conflicted and strong.  
@LesCousinsDangereux

From what I can tell from the trailer, we definitely will be introduced to mega ace pilot Kylo very early in the movie. I mean, he's spinning and winding and crashing through that battlefield with a complete poker face on. He actually almost looks bored! So he'll certainly be a bad*** in that sense, until he faces the decision of blowing up mommy.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:45 pm

@ZioRen

It makes sense on several levels:

Kylo has command center with Leia in his cross hairs but opts to shoot a hangar instead. That satisfies 2 things - can't kill his mom but is still going to inflict damage to the Resistance by blowing up their fighter jets in the hangar

Establishes a sort of rivalry between him and Poe that plays into Poe/Leia surrogate family dynamics. It wouldn't work in a vacuum where Leia's real son isn't mentioned or has no effect.

It's a good balance to Poe sending a sapper team to bomb FO hangar (with Silencer in it as Poe likely hopes). I can imagine the dialog:

Poe: "You blew up the hanger with my ship, I blew up yours. We are even"

Kylo:"Nah, I crashed the Silencer on Ahch-to"

Poe:"WTF did you do that?"

Kylo:"Drunk flying, bro." :shrugs:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 12:52 pm

@vaderito wrote:

@ZioRen

Kylo has command center with Leia in his cross hairs but opts to shoot a hangar instead. That satisfies 2 things - can't kill his mom but is still going to inflict damage to the Resistance by blowing up their fighter jets in the hangar

Establishes a sort of rivalry between him and Poe that plays into Poe/Leia surrogate family dynamics. It wouldn't work in a vacuum where Leia's real son isn't mentioned or has no effect.

It's a good balance to Poe sending a sapper team to bomb FO hangar (with Silencer in it as Poe likely hopes). I can imagine the dialog:

@vaderito

These are all very good points! Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:
@vaderito wrote:

@ZioRen

@vaderito

These are all very good points! Smile
@LesCousinsDangereux

I really want to know why he crashes the Silencer on Ahch-To, assuming he does. Some sort of Force storm? Does Luke bring it down? Following on from there...how does he leave Ahch-To? Before the trailer, I felt like I had some sort of handle on the timeline, but since then - HA! - more fool me.

But yeah, my initial question remains - why would an expert pilot like Kylo crash? Who or what brings him down? And how does he leave?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

@DeeBee

Great observation- There are sentient trees who guard the paths between the underworld and surface of one planet in canon...though they are a little smaller than the tree in TLJ..maybe this is that is left of some ancient species. Smile

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Latest?cb=20120116144434

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm

@vaderito wrote:

@ZioRen

@vaderito

I see what you mean about the rivalry being related to Leia.. but for me, I think after TFA there will already be a personal animosity between Poe and Kylo - because of how Poe was tortured, and how Kylo sucked information about BB-8 and the plans for Poe's mind.

This was IMHO glossed over in TFA, but for a guy who is devoted to the cause, wanting to complete his mission and all.. I think Poe would have been quite broken about giving up the information while being tortured. not that Poe 'gave it up' but that he was powerless to stop Kylo from taking it. Coming up against power you are helpless to combat would shake a person's confidence to their core..
I do wonder if this will be factored into Poe's journey more in TLJ as there was no time for it in TFA.

I think there will be a big issue here with Poe accepting Kylo/Ben has anything to offer the resistance.. I can see this as being a big leadership growth moment for Poe when he lets his personal history with Kylo/Ben go and accepts what he can contribute...
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 10:30 pm

@panki wrote:

@DeeBee

Great observation- There are sentient trees who guard the paths between the underworld and surface of one planet in canon...though they are a little smaller than the tree in TLJ..maybe this is that is left of some ancient species. Smile

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 Latest?cb=20120116144434
@panki

Oh cool, thanks @panki I didn't know that Smile now I really don't want it to get burned down!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 04 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

@DeeBee

On my lap top (which is old and decrepit and poor lighting I guess) I had a hard time seeing a face for some reason, but on my phone I can't un-see it now! Like it was sooo visible all of a sudden! Like @MrsWindu said, treebeard!!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 1:13 am

Oh cool @SheLitAFire! Glad you can see it too Smile

I just came across this old post over in Nima Outpost: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t493p925-the-last-jedi-general-discussion#145131

@LastCrusadeLeft - thanks for sharing this!!! [It's a cartoon of Luke holding his compass] - where did you find this?
Have we seen any more pictures of it?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 2:12 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:

@DeeBee

On my lap top (which is old and decrepit and poor lighting I guess) I had a hard time seeing a face for some reason, but on my phone I can't un-see it now! Like it was sooo visible all of a sudden! Like @MrsWindu said, treebeard!!
@SheLitAFire

I saw the face.....nice to know Im not imagining it.........
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 2:58 am

@DeeBee wrote:Oh cool @SheLitAFire! Glad you can see it too Smile

I just came across this old post over in Nima Outpost: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t493p925-the-last-jedi-general-discussion#145131

@LastCrusadeLeft - thanks for sharing this!!! [It's a cartoon of Luke holding his compass] - where did you find this?
Have we seen any more pictures of it?
@DeeBee

Thank you for bringing this up. I wonder if this was official or somebody's fanart. However, now I do remember that there was some kind of visual reference to the compass in a coloring book. Does anyone have those coloring book pages saved?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 6:38 am

@DeeBee If they are indeed developing Poe and Kylo in that direction, then they should give them scenes in IX. Because there's a foundation for interesting dynamic that we haven't seen in SW movies before. Likewise Kylo/Finn. Those are relationships that need to happen.

@nonesuch Did Rose in a cockpit look similar to this:

https://imgur.com/a/ThRiR

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 TwvmAdk
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 2:27 pm

@vaderito wrote:@DeeBee If they are indeed developing Poe and Kylo in that direction, then they should give them scenes in IX. Because there's a foundation for interesting dynamic that we haven't seen in SW movies before. Likewise Kylo/Finn. Those are relationships that need to happen.

@nonesuch Did Rose in a cockpit look similar to this:

https://imgur.com/a/ThRiR

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - Page 37 TwvmAdk
@vaderito

The shape of Rose's cockpit definitely looks like what I saw.
nonesuch
nonesuch
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 05 Nov 2017, 2:47 pm

@nonesuch Thank you! Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 3:25 am

Gangsta Rap Guy made some interesting comments in this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7au14d/what_if_lukes_anger_pushed_ben_solo_to_the_dark/#bottom-comments

Including this:

Ok this is not an outright spoiler, but it’s an educated guess.

I do not believe Ben actually betrayed Luke.

I believe, in a sense, Luke betrayed Ben.

I wish I could elaborate but now is not the time.

He also makes a comparison to Looper farther down the thread.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 3:56 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:Gangsta Rap Guy made some interesting comments in this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7au14d/what_if_lukes_anger_pushed_ben_solo_to_the_dark/#bottom-comments

Including this:

Ok this is not an outright spoiler, but it’s an educated guess.

I do not believe Ben actually betrayed Luke.

I believe, in a sense, Luke betrayed Ben.

I wish I could elaborate but now is not the time.

He also makes a comparison to Looper farther down the thread.
@SoloSideCousin

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that ended as being the case.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Star Wars tumblr are trying to drop a clue for you..  Smile

@spacebaby45678

Hello there! Wink
@reylo1992
@spacebaby45678

SW twitter also gives clue about Kylo
http://reylotrashandproud.tumblr.com/post/167199640324/rekaaa96-nonibear11-kylos-voice-check

"Let the past die"
Background music: Anakin's betrayal
Sounds f****ing sad Sad
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum