The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by vaderito on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:45 am

So what are you making of this:

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_oxiajz6nJk1v9dpg4o1_540

They didn't mention Luke by mistake or marketing is taking a turn from Rey/Luke story to Rey/Kylo story with eevrything else as a backdrop?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49924
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:51 am

Probably means from the next generation it's focused on them as representation of the Light and Dark Side of the Force.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by vaderito on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:53 am



GMA teaser now on YT
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49924
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:57 am

I love it that Rey is touching the ground and move objects around, and then Kylo picks up his lightsaber. Then Luke being given his father's lightsaber. It's like an intro into what is going to happen.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:06 am

@DarthRen wrote:I love it that Rey is touching the ground and move objects around, and then Kylo picks up his lightsaber. Then Luke being given his father's lightsaber. It's like an intro into what is going to happen.
@DarthRen

would better without Luke, that would make soo Reylo )))
but anyway, Rey-Kylo_Luke like in poster... what other proof does it need that these 3 are MAIN characters, and Kylo-Rey are main in new generation...
they should continue Skywalker bloodline with twice force sensitive babies ))))
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 224
Likes : 737
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-26
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:36 am

Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by vaderito on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:49 am

@DarthRen wrote:Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
@DarthRen

Like

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49924
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:09 am

@vaderito wrote:So what are you making of this:

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_oxiajz6nJk1v9dpg4o1_540

They didn't mention Luke by mistake or marketing is taking a turn from Rey/Luke story to Rey/Kylo story with eevrything else as a backdrop?
@vaderito

Maybe it has something to do with the "two halves of a protagonist"?


Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:09 am

Words cannot express how I feel about this! cheers
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2780
Likes : 11721
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by snufkin on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:21 am

On the one hand, glad we can finally get something more concrete and getting closer to actually just seeing the damn movie and getting some answers. On the other hand, all of the “here’s a teaser for the teaser!” “Watch this show and this show!” irritate me to no end. Because I resent feeling like I’m being made to jump through hoops by TLJ’s corporate masters in order to feed their hype machine and generate ratings for shows on their that I’d never watch otherwise . Same with learning that tickets go on sale and it’ll be a slightly more civilized version of a Black Friday fistfight over sales merchandise. All of that doesn’t get me excited, it has the opposite effect. If Disney is good at doing one thing, it’s been bringing out my inner anti-capitalist from an early age. Excited for the move and nerding out/discussing it to death with ya’ll, but f**k this business of making me feel like a lemming.

As for the teaser, wondering when the Kylo picking up the saber business happens. First meeting with Snoke with orders to crush the Resistance and his feelings? Before or after the crushed/smoking helmet moment? There have to be parallel moments with Snoke, right? To show the scary humidifiers we think they’ll team up to fight against, the bring her to me moment that was foreshadowed, etc.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:31 am

@snufkin wrote:On the one hand, glad we can finally get something more concrete and getting closer to actually just seeing the damn movie and getting some answers. On the other hand, all of the “here’s a teaser for the teaser!” “Watch this show and this show!” irritate me to no end. Because I resent feeling like I’m being made to jump through hoops by TLJ’s corporate masters in order to feed their hype machine and generate ratings for shows on their that I’d never watch otherwise . Same with learning that tickets go on sale and it’ll be a slightly more civilized version of a Black Friday fistfight over sales merchandise. All of that doesn’t get me excited, it has the opposite effect. If Disney is good at doing one thing, it’s been bringing out my inner anti-capitalist from an early age. Excited for the move and nerding out/discussing it to death with ya’ll, but f**k this business of making me feel like a lemming.

As for the teaser, wondering when the Kylo picking up the saber business happens. First meeting with Snoke with orders to crush the Resistance and his feelings? Before or after the crushed/smoking helmet moment? There have to be parallel moments with Snoke, right? To show the scary humidifiers we think they’ll team up to fight against, the bring her to me moment that was foreshadowed, etc.
@snufkin

Cannot agree with you more. Im particularly upset about the early ticket sails - I hope they dont sell out before I can get one, because I desperately want to see this before all the spoilers appear on the net. My will power is zero!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2780
Likes : 11721
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:I love it that Rey is touching the ground and move objects around, and then Kylo picks up his lightsaber. Then Luke being given his father's lightsaber. It's like an intro into what is going to happen.
@DarthRen

would better without Luke, that would make soo Reylo )))
but anyway, Rey-Kylo_Luke like in poster... what other proof does it need that these 3 are MAIN characters, and Kylo-Rey are main in new generation...
they should continue Skywalker bloodline with twice force sensitive babies ))))
@Anakin Skywalker

Yes...very obviously the focus on these three - what is Lukes part in this? The hero? the mentor?.....the villain? The plot thickens.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2780
Likes : 11721
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

@snufkin wrote:On the one hand, glad we can finally get something more concrete and getting closer to actually just seeing the damn movie and getting some answers. On the other hand, all of the “here’s a teaser for the teaser!” “Watch this show and this show!” irritate me to no end. Because I resent feeling like I’m being made to jump through hoops by TLJ’s corporate masters in order to feed their hype machine and generate ratings for shows on their that I’d never watch otherwise . Same with learning that tickets go on sale and it’ll be a slightly more civilized version of a Black Friday fistfight over sales merchandise. All of that doesn’t get me excited, it has the opposite effect. If Disney is good at doing one thing, it’s been bringing out my inner anti-capitalist from an early age. Excited for the move and nerding out/discussing it to death with ya’ll, but f**k this business of making me feel like a lemming.

As for the teaser, wondering when the Kylo picking up the saber business happens. First meeting with Snoke with orders to crush the Resistance and his feelings? Before or after the crushed/smoking helmet moment? There have to be parallel moments with Snoke, right? To show the scary humidifiers we think they’ll team up to fight against, the bring her to me moment that was foreshadowed, etc.
@snufkin

My husband always has the game on anyway, and while I don’t usually pay any attention to it, at least it’ll already be on in my house... Laughing

I just wish I knew what time the trailer would air...



IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:46 am

My husband and I don't have syndicated tv, just HBO, Hulu, and Netflix. So I will be refreshing this page & youtube the whole night lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 7815
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33
Localisation : wherever Kylo Ren is

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by snufkin on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 10:57 am

@motherofpearl1 - I have a lifetime of resentment already built up as a music fan over the line waiting, jacked up prices, shows selling out in the first 5 minutes, scalpers, etc. This is the exact same business model and I’m like you, excited because I’ve been left hanging with answers and just want to find out at last. But I resent the Hell out of a campaign like this. Reminds me of the phrase, the amount of time you’re willing to wait in line for s*it is proportional to the amount of abuse you’re willing to endure from capitalism. Which is part of why I was a late comer to seeing TFA, because it was the same type of run up campaign.

@Iojovi - If they did TV spots in the past, it definitely wasn’t during football. Maybe SNL, when did Star Wars turn into the sort of thing that sports fans would be into? Anyways I’m when that saber shot happens in the film. Guessing it’s at the beginning with Snoke when he gets his go forth and be eeeeviill orders.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:02 am

@snufkin wrote:@motherofpearl1 - I have a lifetime of resentment already built up as a music fan over the line waiting, jacked up prices, shows selling out in the first 5 minutes, scalpers, etc. This is the exact same business model and I’m like you, excited because I’ve been left hanging with answers and just want to find out at last. But I resent the Hell out of a campaign like this. Reminds me of the phrase, the amount of time you’re willing to wait in line for s*it is proportional to the amount of abuse you’re willing to endure from capitalism. Which is part of why I was a late comer to seeing TFA, because it was the same type of run up campaign.

@Iojovi - If they did TV spots in the past, it definitely wasn’t during football. Maybe SNL, when did Star Wars turn into the sort of thing that sports fans would be into? Anyways I’m when that saber shot happens in the film. Guessing it’s at the beginning with Snoke when he gets his go forth and be eeeeviill orders.
@snufkin

I remember watching the trailer for TFA which initially aired during Monday night football.  Even then the running joke in our house was that mixing football and Star Wars seemed like an odd choice.  Nerds mixing with jocks and all...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by vaderito on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:03 am

It's noon, where is the poster????????????????
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49924
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:05 am

@vaderito wrote:It's noon, where is the poster????????????????
@vaderito

LOL I just posed this same question in the theaterical poster thread...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41504
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by snufkin on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:06 am

@iojovi - nerds love basketball and baseball, football is definitely not a sport where I’d imagine a fan overlap
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8161
Likes : 37560
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by vaderito on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:06 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:It's noon, where is the poster????????????????
@vaderito

LOL I just posed this same question in the theaterical poster thread...
@IoJovi

They are torturing us.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10336
Likes : 49924
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:12 am

@vaderito wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
@DarthRen

Like

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

It always struck me in that screenshot how gentle he looked with her, which was completely in contrast to the tone of their fight. He had every opportunity to kill her, like so many times. But he was remarkably careful with her, even when they were fighting. I expect a fair amount of payback in TLJ, but all the same, they went to lengths to show how soft he was with Rey in contrast to everyone else.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:12 am

Nerds love sports in general and football is the most popular, most televised sport in the US.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:15 am

RandomObserver wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
@DarthRen

Like

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

It always struck me in that screenshot how gentle he looked with her, which was completely in contrast to the tone of their fight. He had every opportunity to kill her, like so many times. But he was remarkably careful with her, even when they were fighting. I expect a fair amount of payback in TLJ, but all the same, they went to lengths to show how soft he was with Rey in contrast to everyone else.
@RandomObserver

In TLJ Kylo wil want to hurt her for what she did to him but I think ultimately can't hurt her too much. I mean his feelings won't go away like that. I'd imagine she's defeated, falls of the cliff and he jumps after her fighting his inner conflict with Light and Dark. Sounds better than Luke saving her or Rey knowing how to swim.

I think this time around Rey might be the one little more hesitant upon learning few things about him.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:20 am

@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
@DarthRen

Like

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

It always struck me in that screenshot how gentle he looked with her, which was completely in contrast to the tone of their fight. He had every opportunity to kill her, like so many times. But he was remarkably careful with her, even when they were fighting. I expect a fair amount of payback in TLJ, but all the same, they went to lengths to show how soft he was with Rey in contrast to everyone else.
@RandomObserver

In TLJ Kylo wil want to hurt her for what she did to him but I think ultimately can't hurt her too much. I mean his feelings won't go away like that. I'd imagine she's defeated, falls of the cliff and he jumps after her fighting his inner conflict with Light and Dark. Sound better than Luke saving her or Rey knowing how to swim.

I think this time around Rey might be the one little more hesistant upon learning few things about him.
@DarthRen

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. And if they make Rey know how to swim after spending her whole life on Jakku, it'll be like that scene in Prometheus, where expert archeologists are all friendly with the little parasite alien (who proceeds to kill them) when they know better, LOL. That would be a major eyeroll for the audience. Hopefully they don't do that.

I totally expect Kylo to PMS it and go after Rey with fury, but I agree with you. He's too emotionally driven.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:28 am

RandomObserver wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
@DarthRen

Like

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 5 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

It always struck me in that screenshot how gentle he looked with her, which was completely in contrast to the tone of their fight. He had every opportunity to kill her, like so many times. But he was remarkably careful with her, even when they were fighting. I expect a fair amount of payback in TLJ, but all the same, they went to lengths to show how soft he was with Rey in contrast to everyone else.
@RandomObserver

In TLJ Kylo wil want to hurt her for what she did to him but I think ultimately can't hurt her too much. I mean his feelings won't go away like that. I'd imagine she's defeated, falls of the cliff and he jumps after her fighting his inner conflict with Light and Dark. Sound better than Luke saving her or Rey knowing how to swim.

I think this time around Rey might be the one little more hesistant upon learning few things about him.
@DarthRen

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. And if they make Rey know how to swim after spending her whole life on Jakku, it'll be like that scene in Prometheus, where expert archeologists are all friendly with the little parasite alien (who proceeds to kill them) when they know better, LOL. That would be a major eyeroll for the audience. Hopefully they don't do that.

I totally expect Kylo to PMS it and go after Rey with fury, but I agree with you. He's too emotionally driven.
@RandomObserver

It would be like "okay Rey is amazing at everything." I love female characters that are strong and can show her strengths and also vulnerability. A lot of times in the movies only either bad*** or damsel in distress. In fact weakness and being vulnerable is what I like about characters. Why i'm so driven towards mainly Kylo Ren. I want to see Rey in his position emotionally struggle.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum