The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:57 am

@vaderito wrote:So what are you making of this:

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_oxiajz6nJk1v9dpg4o1_540

They didn't mention Luke by mistake or marketing is taking a turn from Rey/Luke story to Rey/Kylo story with eevrything else as a backdrop?
@vaderito

This is giving me life rn.

Starwars.com (and basically Disney and LF in general):
The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Unknow12
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 12:23 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Also breathe ... just breathe during Rey and Kylo shots.
@DarthRen

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_o4h9deOvWa1v2g2ujo7_250

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
@vaderito

It always struck me in that screenshot how gentle he looked with her, which was completely in contrast to the tone of their fight. He had every opportunity to kill her, like so many times. But he was remarkably careful with her, even when they were fighting. I expect a fair amount of payback in TLJ, but all the same, they went to lengths to show how soft he was with Rey in contrast to everyone else.
@RandomObserver

In TLJ Kylo wil want to hurt her for what she did to him but I think ultimately can't hurt her too much. I mean his feelings won't go away like that. I'd imagine she's defeated, falls of the cliff and he jumps after her fighting his inner conflict with Light and Dark. Sounds better than Luke saving her or Rey knowing how to swim.

I think this time around Rey might be the one little more hesitant upon learning few things about him.

@DarthRen

Which is what I think will happen - Kylo will come bounding in, full of anger, only for the wind to be completely taken out of his sails to find out that she now has compassion for him!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm

@snufkin wrote:@motherofpearl1 - I have a lifetime of resentment already built up as a music fan over the line waiting, jacked up prices, shows selling out in the first 5 minutes, scalpers, etc. This is the exact same business model and I’m like you, excited because I’ve been left hanging with answers and just want to find out at last. But I resent the Hell out of a campaign like this. Reminds me of the phrase, the amount of time you’re willing to wait in line for s*it is proportional to the amount of abuse you’re willing to endure from capitalism. Which is part of why I was a late comer to seeing TFA, because it was the same type of run up campaign.

@Iojovi - If they did TV spots in the past, it definitely wasn’t during football. Maybe SNL, when did Star Wars turn into the sort of thing that sports fans would be into? Anyways I’m when that saber shot happens in the film. Guessing it’s at the beginning with Snoke when he gets his go forth and be eeeeviill orders.
@snufkin

I really want to see Kylo confront that space pervert at the end and shove his lightsabre Censored
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 12:42 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@motherofpearl1 - I have a lifetime of resentment already built up as a music fan over the line waiting, jacked up prices, shows selling out in the first 5 minutes, scalpers, etc. This is the exact same business model and I’m like you, excited because I’ve been left hanging with answers and just want to find out at last. But I resent the Hell out of a campaign like this. Reminds me of the phrase, the amount of time you’re willing to wait in line for s*it is proportional to the amount of abuse you’re willing to endure from capitalism. Which is part of why I was a late comer to seeing TFA, because it was the same type of run up campaign.

@Iojovi - If they did TV spots in the past, it definitely wasn’t during football. Maybe SNL, when did Star Wars turn into the sort of thing that sports fans would be into? Anyways I’m when that saber shot happens in the film. Guessing it’s at the beginning with Snoke when he gets his go forth and be eeeeviill orders.
@snufkin

I really want to see Kylo confront that space pervert at the end and shove his lightsabre Censored
@motherofpearl1

If anyone is going to kill SNoke, it will be Kylo or Kylo and Rey. But Kylo will play a pivotal part in doing so.

Btw agreed on Rey showing him compassion. They have unsused flashbacks of young Ben when Han and Leia left him with Luke, then with Luke training, possible than Academy slaughter and with Snoke. I believe one of the leakers that his story will be told in flashbacks to Rey.

I mean in EW Daisy said that Rey can't understand why Kylo what he did, killing Han and turning to the Dark Side. Why would she need to know that or even think aboutit if he feels only hate towards him? She will learn more about him.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 12:48 pm

I just received an email from AMC that advanced tickets are going on sale tomorrow! On sale date confirmed!!! cheers cheers cheers
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 1:12 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I just received an email from AMC that advanced tickets are going on sale tomorrow! On sale date confirmed!!!  cheers cheers cheers
@ISeeAnIsland

Some of the AMC theaters are doing fan events which include prizes, giveaways, and bonus content at 6:00pm Thursday Dec 14th.  I figured out which theater is doing it by me, and called ahead to make sure it's not in 3D.  I got the feeling Disney is holding these poor employees hostage because even thought the attendant knew the info, she was hesitant to give it to me.  I'm just like, I just need to make sure it's not in 3D!  She finally relented.  LOL

You'd think I was asking her to spare my first born, or something...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 5:55 pm

@vaderito wrote:So what are you making of this:

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_oxiajz6nJk1v9dpg4o1_540

They didn't mention Luke by mistake or marketing is taking a turn from Rey/Luke story to Rey/Kylo story with eevrything else as a backdrop?
@vaderito
Hmm, well, I've noticed that for a little over a month now they've ensured that Kylo takes one of the leading spots in advertisements. The shift was very obvious. At first, for like 2-3 months, we got nothing about Kylo at all, and now they're seeming to make up for that with Rian's interviews, articles, toys, etc. Of course nobody is going to outright reveal that Kylo ends up with Luke and Rey but they don't seem shy anymore about suggesting that these three characters are going to confront each other in some way in the film. So while i don't think it's fair to say Luke is going to be a backdrop character just based on recent advertising developments (he's absolutely going to play a pivotal role in the film, imo), I feel that many of us were right in assuming certain things about the very early advertisements were diversions. Not lies or even red-herrings, because I think the whole "Luke wants the Jedi to end omg why" thing is part of the mystery, it's just not the most important part. I mean, really, it was the first trailer hook and nothing more. If it was meant to be all secretive and stuff they wouldn't talk about it, which leads us back to Kylo. One might say that the "Luke mystery" diversion has been pretty effective if they're keeping the juicier plot twists for this new trailer or the movie itself. Only time will tell.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 5:59 pm

Does anyone know what time tickets will be on sale? Like, midnight EST? 9 am EST?
I can't believe it's almost here!
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Does anyone know what time tickets will be on sale? Like, midnight EST? 9 am EST?
@ReyofLightSide

Word is right after the trailer airs during tomorrow’s football game but I’ll be refreshing the page all day.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:01 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Does anyone know what time tickets will be on sale? Like, midnight EST? 9 am EST?
@ReyofLightSide

Word is right after the trailer airs during tomorrow’s football game but I’ll be refreshing the page all day.
@IoJovi

Thanks! I will be doing the same!
Stupid question- is it best to buy right from the theater site or Fandango, or is there a better source?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:05 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

Stupid question- is it best to buy right from the theater site or Fandango, or is there a better source?
@ReyofLightSide

AMC is my theater of choice. I actually haven’t been able to see if fandango is an option for AMC, but I could be wrong. If someone else knows this info I’d be grateful.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:06 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

AMC is my theater of choice. I actually haven’t been able to see if fandango is an option for AMC, but I could be wrong. If someone else knows this info I’d be grateful.
@IoJovi

Fandango is supposed to send a fan alert (if you sign up) to let you know when they are on sale, but I fear even that will be too late.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:10 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

Fandango is supposed to send a fan alert (if you sign up) to let you know when they are on sale, but I fear even that will be too late.
@ReyofLightSide

Oh I'm not depending on any alerts. I'm going to be refreshing the page as often as possible.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Can't believe Star Wars made me watch Cowboys game. f****, how low can I get for a piece of footage.

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 6 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:23 pm

@DarthRen wrote:Can't believe Star Wars made me watch Cowboys game. f****, how low can I get for a piece of footage.

@DarthRen

Do they air american football gams in the Czech Republic? Or are you watching it online? I have zero interest in football but at least my husband will already have it on. How convenient... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:Can't believe Star Wars made me watch Cowboys game. f****, how low can I get for a piece of footage.

@DarthRen

Do they air american football gams in the Czech Republic?  Or are you watching it online?  I have zero interest in football but at least my husband will already have it on.  How convenient...  Laughing
@IoJovi

Online like NBA, NHL and MLB ... actually I thought that I might kill two birds with one stone, watching my man Rodgers and co + some Star Wars ... and since Cowboys and Packers were going against each other, there would be some new Star Wars teaser. Well, at least Rodgers did what he does best.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:59 pm

waittt...tickets going up tonight?? or tomorrow?!
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:03 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

AMC is my theater of choice.  I actually haven’t been able to see if fandango is an option for AMC, but I could be wrong.  If someone else knows this info I’d be grateful.
@IoJovi

I was just on Fandango's website checking to see which theaters were listed for the Opening Night Fan Event and I didn't see any AMC theaters listed as showing it in my area.  I could have missed it, or they might add them later, but I didn't see any listed.  But since AMC's website does already have listings for the Fan Event in my area, I'm kind of thinking that AMC won't be listing it on Fandango.  But I could be wrong, of course.

All the fan events I've seen say they start at 6 pm on Thursday December 14th.  I really hope I can get tickets to it.  I just wonder if it's better to try to buy tickets through AMC's website or Fandango or some other site.  I don't really care that much which theater I go to.  I just don't want whatever site I try to crash.  And, of course, I'm afraid that no matter what site I try, the tickets might be sold out in like less than 10 seconds before I have a chance to buy them.

AMC's site says that tickets go on sale following the trailer tomorrow night.  Does that mean that as soon as the trailer ends, we all have to jump online and start trying to buy tickets?  I am going to be so hyper and anxious, between the trailer itself and trying to get tickets to that 6 pm showing.  bounce  Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

@rey09 wrote:waittt...tickets going up tonight?? or tomorrow?!
@rey09

According to AMC's website, they go on sale tomorrow night after the trailer airs during the football game.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:14 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@rey09 wrote:waittt...tickets going up tonight?? or tomorrow?!
@rey09

According to AMC's website, they go on sale tomorrow night after the trailer airs during the football game.
@Kyla Ren yess!!
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:15 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

AMC is my theater of choice.  I actually haven’t been able to see if fandango is an option for AMC, but I could be wrong.  If someone else knows this info I’d be grateful.
@IoJovi

I was just on Fandango's website checking to see which theaters were listed for the Opening Night Fan Event and I didn't see any AMC theaters listed as showing it in my area.  I could have missed it, or they might add them later, but I didn't see any listed.  But since AMC's website does already have listings for the Fan Event in my area, I'm kind of thinking that AMC won't be listing it on Fandango.  But I could be wrong, of course.

All the fan events I've seen say they start at 6 pm on Thursday December 14th.  I really hope I can get tickets to it.  I just wonder if it's better to try to buy tickets through AMC's website or Fandango or some other site.  I don't really care that much which theater I go to.  I just don't want whatever site I try to crash.  And, of course, I'm afraid that no matter what site I try, the tickets might be sold out in like less than 10 seconds before I have a chance to buy them.

AMC's site says that tickets go on sale following the trailer tomorrow night.  Does that mean that as soon as the trailer ends, we all have to jump online and start trying to buy tickets?  I am going to be so hyper and anxious, between the trailer itself and trying to get tickets to that 6 pm showing.  bounce  Laughing
@Kyla Ren

I am thinking AMC hasn’t caught up to Fandango yet. I originally thought same as you that we’d be ordering them directly from the website. This morning for the fan events only three theaters we’re listed (all Regal), and now there are five. The regular show times for movies playing now are showing AMC theaters on Fandango, so I think it’s just a matter of waiting for it to update. It doesn’t make me any less crazy though.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:23 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@Kyla Ren

I am thinking AMC hasn’t caught up to Fandango yet.  I originally thought same as you that we’d be ordering them directly from the website.  This morning for the fan events only three theaters we’re listed (all Regal), and now there are five.  The regular show times for movies playing now are showing AMC theaters on Fandango, so I think it’s just a matter of waiting for it to update.  It doesn’t make me any less crazy though.  

@IoJovi

Yes, you're probably right.  I've bought tickets to AMC showings through Fandango before.  I just thought that maybe for this special event they had decided not to list with Fandango.  But they very well might add their listings before tomorrow night.  I just really hope I can get tickets to the 6 pm showing somewhere.  I don't think I've ever been this anxious to see a movie before. Actually, I don't really like crowds and chaos so I usually try to avoid openings of anything.  This really is a first for me. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:25 pm

I'm confused. Is 6pm the movie showing or something before the movie at 7pm?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:27 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@Kyla Ren

I am thinking AMC hasn’t caught up to Fandango yet.  I originally thought same as you that we’d be ordering them directly from the website.  This morning for the fan events only three theaters we’re listed (all Regal), and now there are five.  The regular show times for movies playing now are showing AMC theaters on Fandango, so I think it’s just a matter of waiting for it to update.  It doesn’t make me any less crazy though.  

@IoJovi

Yes, you're probably right.  I've bought tickets to AMC showings through Fandango before.  I just thought that maybe for this special event they had decided not to list with Fandango.  But they very well might add their listings before tomorrow night.  I just really hope I can get tickets to the 6 pm showing somewhere.  I don't think I've ever been this anxious to see a movie before.  Actually, I don't really like crowds and chaos so I usually try to avoid openings of anything.  This really is a first for me. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

Right now I am 6:00pm or bust!!!!  There’s two theaters in my area doing the 6:00pm event.  One of them is an AMC theater and it’s not listed on Fandago’s website.  The other is Movie Tavern and Fandango lists it out.

There are actually three others in my area, but they’re 3D and myself and a few others joining me can’t do 3D either.

@Vaderito the 6:00pm is a special event that includes merchandise giveaways and bonus footage.  Only select theaters are doing it.  Hence why I’m 6:00pm or bust!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@ReyofLightSide

@IoJovi

@Kyla Ren

@IoJovi

Yes, you're probably right.  I've bought tickets to AMC showings through Fandango before.  I just thought that maybe for this special event they had decided not to list with Fandango.  But they very well might add their listings before tomorrow night.  I just really hope I can get tickets to the 6 pm showing somewhere.  I don't think I've ever been this anxious to see a movie before.  Actually, I don't really like crowds and chaos so I usually try to avoid openings of anything.  This really is a first for me. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

Right now I am 6:00pm or bust!!!!  There’s two theaters in my area doing the 6:00pm event.  One of them is an AMC theater and it’s not listed on Fandago’s website.  The other is Movie Tavern Fandango lists it out.

There are actually three others in my area, but they’re 3D and myself and a few others joining me can’t do 3D...

@Vaderito the 6:00pm is a special event that includes merchandise giveaways and bonus footage.  Only select theaters are doing it.  Hence why I’m 6:00pm or bust!!!

@IoJovi

Yes!  I really want those 6 pm tickets.  A bunch of theaters in my area are listing 6 pm showings.  I didn't see any details on Fandango's website about what exactly the fan events would entail, but on the AMC site they say there's a double feature of TFA/TLJ.  I hope that's at the 6 pm showings at all of the theaters and not just some of them.  I would love to see the two movies one right after the other. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum