The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:36 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Does anyone know what time tickets will be on sale? Like, midnight EST? 9 am EST?
I can't believe it's almost here!
@ReyofLightSide

Word is right after the trailer airs during tomorrow’s football game but I’ll be refreshing the page all day.
@IoJovi

Thanks! I will be doing the same!
Stupid question- is it best to buy right from the theater site or Fandango, or is there a better source?
@ReyofLightSide

AMC is my theater of choice.  I actually haven’t been able to see if fandango is an option for AMC, but I could be wrong.  If someone else knows this info I’d be grateful.
@IoJovi

I was just on Fandango's website checking to see which theaters were listed for the Opening Night Fan Event and I didn't see any AMC theaters listed as showing it in my area.  I could have missed it, or they might add them later, but I didn't see any listed.  But since AMC's website does already have listings for the Fan Event in my area, I'm kind of thinking that AMC won't be listing it on Fandango.  But I could be wrong, of course.

All the fan events I've seen say they start at 6 pm on Thursday December 14th.  I really hope I can get tickets to it.  I just wonder if it's better to try to buy tickets through AMC's website or Fandango or some other site.  I don't really care that much which theater I go to.  I just don't want whatever site I try to crash.  And, of course, I'm afraid that no matter what site I try, the tickets might be sold out in like less than 10 seconds before I have a chance to buy them.

AMC's site says that tickets go on sale following the trailer tomorrow night.  Does that mean that as soon as the trailer ends, we all have to jump online and start trying to buy tickets?  I am going to be so hyper and anxious, between the trailer itself and trying to get tickets to that 6 pm showing.  bounce  Laughing
@Kyla Ren

I am thinking AMC hasn’t caught up to Fandango yet.  I originally thought same as you that we’d be ordering them directly from the website.  This morning for the fan events only three theaters we’re listed (all Regal), and now there are five.  The regular show times for movies playing now are showing AMC theaters on Fandango, so I think it’s just a matter of waiting for it to update.  It doesn’t make me any less crazy though.  

@IoJovi

Yes, you're probably right.  I've bought tickets to AMC showings through Fandango before.  I just thought that maybe for this special event they had decided not to list with Fandango.  But they very well might add their listings before tomorrow night.  I just really hope I can get tickets to the 6 pm showing somewhere.  I don't think I've ever been this anxious to see a movie before.  Actually, I don't really like crowds and chaos so I usually try to avoid openings of anything.  This really is a first for me. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

Right now I am 6:00pm or bust!!!!  There’s two theaters in my area doing the 6:00pm event.  One of them is an AMC theater and it’s not listed on Fandago’s website.  The other is Movie Tavern Fandango lists it out.

There are actually three others in my area, but they’re 3D and myself and a few others joining me can’t do 3D...

@Vaderito the 6:00pm is a special event that includes merchandise giveaways and bonus footage.  Only select theaters are doing it.  Hence why I’m 6:00pm or bust!!!

@IoJovi

Yes!  I really want those 6 pm tickets.  A bunch of theaters in my area are listing 6 pm showings.  I didn't see any details on Fandango's website about what exactly the fan events would entail, but on the AMC site they say there's a double feature of TFA/TLJ.  I hope that's at the 6 pm showings at all of the theaters and not just some of them.  I would love to see the two movies one right after the other. Smile
@Kyla Ren

The double feature that includes TFA at 3:00pm is only at a handful of theaters nationwide. There’s only one doing it in all of Atlanta and right now it’s too far to make it worth it. If you look on AMC’s website it lists all of the participating theaters, and if it’s fan event, double feature, or both.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:42 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Does anyone know what time tickets will be on sale? Like, midnight EST? 9 am EST?
I can't believe it's almost here!
@ReyofLightSide

Word is right after the trailer airs during tomorrow’s football game but I’ll be refreshing the page all day.
@IoJovi

Thanks! I will be doing the same!
Stupid question- is it best to buy right from the theater site or Fandango, or is there a better source?
@ReyofLightSide

AMC is my theater of choice.  I actually haven’t been able to see if fandango is an option for AMC, but I could be wrong.  If someone else knows this info I’d be grateful.
@IoJovi

I was just on Fandango's website checking to see which theaters were listed for the Opening Night Fan Event and I didn't see any AMC theaters listed as showing it in my area.  I could have missed it, or they might add them later, but I didn't see any listed.  But since AMC's website does already have listings for the Fan Event in my area, I'm kind of thinking that AMC won't be listing it on Fandango.  But I could be wrong, of course.

All the fan events I've seen say they start at 6 pm on Thursday December 14th.  I really hope I can get tickets to it.  I just wonder if it's better to try to buy tickets through AMC's website or Fandango or some other site.  I don't really care that much which theater I go to.  I just don't want whatever site I try to crash.  And, of course, I'm afraid that no matter what site I try, the tickets might be sold out in like less than 10 seconds before I have a chance to buy them.

AMC's site says that tickets go on sale following the trailer tomorrow night.  Does that mean that as soon as the trailer ends, we all have to jump online and start trying to buy tickets?  I am going to be so hyper and anxious, between the trailer itself and trying to get tickets to that 6 pm showing.  bounce  Laughing
@Kyla Ren

I am thinking AMC hasn’t caught up to Fandango yet.  I originally thought same as you that we’d be ordering them directly from the website.  This morning for the fan events only three theaters we’re listed (all Regal), and now there are five.  The regular show times for movies playing now are showing AMC theaters on Fandango, so I think it’s just a matter of waiting for it to update.  It doesn’t make me any less crazy though.  

@IoJovi

Yes, you're probably right.  I've bought tickets to AMC showings through Fandango before.  I just thought that maybe for this special event they had decided not to list with Fandango.  But they very well might add their listings before tomorrow night.  I just really hope I can get tickets to the 6 pm showing somewhere.  I don't think I've ever been this anxious to see a movie before.  Actually, I don't really like crowds and chaos so I usually try to avoid openings of anything.  This really is a first for me. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

Right now I am 6:00pm or bust!!!!  There’s two theaters in my area doing the 6:00pm event.  One of them is an AMC theater and it’s not listed on Fandago’s website.  The other is Movie Tavern Fandango lists it out.

There are actually three others in my area, but they’re 3D and myself and a few others joining me can’t do 3D...

@Vaderito the 6:00pm is a special event that includes merchandise giveaways and bonus footage.  Only select theaters are doing it.  Hence why I’m 6:00pm or bust!!!

@IoJovi

Yes!  I really want those 6 pm tickets.  A bunch of theaters in my area are listing 6 pm showings.  I didn't see any details on Fandango's website about what exactly the fan events would entail, but on the AMC site they say there's a double feature of TFA/TLJ.  I hope that's at the 6 pm showings at all of the theaters and not just some of them.  I would love to see the two movies one right after the other. Smile
@Kyla Ren

The double feature that includes TFA at 3:00pm is only at a handful of theaters nationwide.  There’s only one doing it in all of Atlanta and right now it’s too far to make it worth it.  If you look on AMC’s website it lists all of the participating theaters, and if it’s fan event, double feature, or both.
@IoJovi

Oh, no!  I'm so confused! Sad  I'll have to go back and check the website because I want to make sure I get tickets for the right showing.  I don't think I've ever felt this stressed about buying tickets to anything before. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:48 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:Oh, no!  I'm so confused! Sad  I'll have to go back and check the website because I want to make sure I get tickets for the right showing. I don't think I've ever felt this stressed about buying tickets to anything before. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

It is TOTALLY stressful!!! I’m feeling a bit better now that I have half an idea of what’s going on, but it took me an hour on the website to figure it out. Even now I don’t have all the info - I wish I knew if AMC would be part of Fandango or if I need to wait for them to show up on the AMC website. I’ve also heard stories of the fandango servers crashing for both TO and TFA with so many people getting on at once.

I have a few people from this forum along with my mom joining me for the TLJ weekend at my house, so that makes me doubly crazy!!! If worse comes to worse, I’ll grab a 7pm or 7:30 showing, but I want one of the special ones first and foremost...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:01 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:Oh, no!  I'm so confused! Sad  I'll have to go back and check the website because I want to make sure I get tickets for the right showing.  I don't think I've ever felt this stressed about buying tickets to anything before. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

It is TOTALLY stressful!!!  I’m feeling a bit better now that I have half an idea of what’s going on, but it took me an hour on the website to figure it out.  Even now I don’t have all the info - I wish I knew if AMC would be part of Fandango or if I need to wait for them to show up on the AMC website.  I’ve also heard stories of the fandango servers crashing for both TO and TFA with so many people getting on at once.

I have a few people from this forum along with my mom joining me for the TLJ weekend at my house, so that makes me doubly crazy!!!  If worse comes to worse, I’ll grab a 7pm or 7:30 showing, but I want one of the special ones first and foremost...

@IoJovi

Thanks for pointing out that the double feature isn't the same as the fan event. Smile  I'm glad you figured it out and because I was totally confused.  Laughing  But I think I'm less confused now.  Laughing  Anyway, I went back to AMC's website and found the following link that lists which theaters are doing the fan event, which are doing the double feature, and which are doing both.

https://www.amctheatres.com/star-wars?rel=starwarsoffers_flm_starwarsfanevent_promo#participating-theatres

Cool that you're having a TLJ weekend!  That's awesome! Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:04 pm

@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:Oh, no!  I'm so confused! Sad  I'll have to go back and check the website because I want to make sure I get tickets for the right showing.  I don't think I've ever felt this stressed about buying tickets to anything before. Laughing
@Kyla Ren

It is TOTALLY stressful!!!  I’m feeling a bit better now that I have half an idea of what’s going on, but it took me an hour on the website to figure it out.  Even now I don’t have all the info - I wish I knew if AMC would be part of Fandango or if I need to wait for them to show up on the AMC website.  I’ve also heard stories of the fandango servers crashing for both TO and TFA with so many people getting on at once.

I have a few people from this forum along with my mom joining me for the TLJ weekend at my house, so that makes me doubly crazy!!!  If worse comes to worse, I’ll grab a 7pm or 7:30 showing, but I want one of the special ones first and foremost...

@IoJovi

Thanks for pointing out that the double feature isn't the same as the fan event. Smile  I'm glad you figured it out and because I was totally confused.  Laughing  But I think I'm less confused now.  Laughing  Anyway, I went back to AMC's website and found the following link that lists which theaters are doing the fan event, which are doing the double feature, and which are doing both.

https://www.amctheatres.com/star-wars?rel=starwarsoffers_flm_starwarsfanevent_promo#participating-theatres

@Kyla Ren

Yes, that’s the link! I too have was relieved when I learned seeing TFA wasn’t a prerequisite for the fan event. Supposedly there’s a theater in Florida that’s running all 8 movies at once for a total of 22 hours in the theater!!!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:53 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Kyla Ren

@IoJovi

@Kyla Ren

Yes, that’s the link!  I too have was relieved when I learned seeing TFA wasn’t a prerequisite for the fan event.  Supposedly there’s a theater in Florida that’s running all 8 movies at once for a total of 22 hours in the theater!!!

@IoJovi

Wow!  I don't think I would have the staying power to watch all 8 at once.  But I'm sure there are some fans who would love to do that and it will probably sell out really fast. Smile
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm

Bottom line, I need my sleep!!! Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:20 pm

Woah, 22hrs straight?!

They'll probably sleep during the JarJar parts for the PT, and maybe at some parts of the OT. Very Happy

And definitely during the rathtars scene.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:14 am

And Happy TLJ Ticket Day everyone!

Let the page refreshing begin!!!  bounce  rendeer sunny
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 12:31 pm

@IoJovi wrote:And Happy TLJ Ticket Day everyone!

Let the page refreshing begin!!!  bounce  rendeer sunny
@IoJovi

Cinemark just put up a disclaimer that the tickets go on sale following the trailer release. Probably to many of us loitering on their website refreshing constantly. It's going to be a blood bath trying to get tickets I just know it lol.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 3:25 pm

I posted this in the other thread, but Fandango has the movie times up, when you click on them now they are not yet working.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 4:17 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I posted this in the other thread, but Fandango has the movie times up, when you click on them now they are not yet working.
@ReyofLightSide

Yeah they’ve been up since last night. AMC theaters still aren’t listed, but I did notice they added a couple of extra buttons to their website for ordering that weren’t there this morning.

I’m so excited!!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 5:53 pm

I was wondering. When does Rey change her hairstyle in TLJ? Usually I thought after fight with Kylo/Ben but could it be after that sea creature challenge?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 5:55 pm

@DarthRen wrote:I was wondering. When does Rey change her hairstyle in TLJ? Usually I thought after fight with Kylo/Ben but could it be after that sea creature challenge?
@DarthRen

She still has the three buns in that shot where she's running towards something/someone with the lightsaber. Reports from Ireland from those who claimed to have seen the fight shot said that she had no vest but had her three buns still. (One of the BTS shots corroborates this.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 5:58 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:I was wondering. When does Rey change her hairstyle in TLJ? Usually I thought after fight with Kylo/Ben but could it be after that sea creature challenge?
@DarthRen

She still has the three buns in that shot where she's running towards something/someone with the lightsaber. Reports from Ireland from those who claimed to have seen the fight shot said that she had no vest but had her three buns still. (One of the BTS shots corroborates this.)
@ISeeAnIsland

I saw a pic, blurry one what looked like Pinewood studios in London, with Rey loose hair and rain. Sort if it's a cliff scene or not but not sure about her clothes.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:09 pm

WEIRD. Fandago now shows tickets are available for purchase, but after I choose my seats, it says: "Sorry, we are unable to process your request." Anybody else having this issue?
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm

@IoJovi wrote:WEIRD.  Fandago now shows tickets are available for purchase, but after I choose my seats, it says: "Sorry, we are unable to process your request."  Anybody else having this issue?
@IoJovi
They are available for me, but when I clicked, I got put into a queue and it says I will have 20 minutes to purchase once they are available and my place in line comes up.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:35 pm

@jakkusun wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:WEIRD.  Fandago now shows tickets are available for purchase, but after I choose my seats, it says: "Sorry, we are unable to process your request."  Anybody else having this issue?
@IoJovi
They are available for me, but when I clicked, I got put into a queue and it says I will have 20 minutes to purchase once they are available and my place in line comes up.
@jakkusun

Tickets just went on sale at Cinemark. Got my tickets for TLJ I love you
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:47 pm

Just bought my ticket for IMAX, the first showing. It's the 2-D version because I'm not picky and I got the best seat in the house.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

Wahoo!!
@snufkin, are you safe? I can't remember if you live in the north ba.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

@Birdwoman - Dude, WTF happened? I was actually planning on being in Calistoga later this week and everything blew up today and it's being evacuated. Plus that awful story about the elderly couple who lived off of the Silverado Trail being killed because they weren't fast enough to get out before the fire hit their house. I'm right on the edge of the Gold Country/Sacramento, so close enough that the air is bad and you can't see the Atlas Range in the distance. But an old friend from another forum who lives in Petaluma has been posting about how she had to cancel her doctor's appointment in Santa Rosa today because the hospital she was going to had to be evacuated. It's pretty f**king scary.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:00 pm

I GOT MY TICKETS FOR 6:00PM THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

Also got a second viewing on Friday at 4:30pm...

Last edited by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:00 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Birdwoman - Dude, WTF happened? I was actually planning on being in Calistoga later this week and everything blew up today and it's being evacuated. Plus that awful story about the elderly couple who lived off of the Silverado Trail being killed because they weren't fast enough to get out before the fire hit their house. I'm right on the edge of the Gold Country/Sacramento, so close enough that the air is bad and you can't see the Atlas Range in the distance. But an old friend from another forum who lives in Petaluma has been posting about how she had to cancel her doctor's appointment in Santa Rosa today because the hospital she was going to had to be evacuated. It's pretty f**king scary.
@snufkin

Oh wow that's crazy. Stay safe, we need you to make it to December!
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:03 pm

I dunno what to do. The theater I want to go to isn't on Fandango. The website didn't have tickets for TLJ up yet so I called them. Girl told me they'll find out tomorrow when tickets will be available. WTF. Should I buy tickets at another theater where you can't pick your seats or wait and see on the other where you can... silent
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:06 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I dunno what to do. The theater I want to go to isn't on Fandango. The website didn't have tickets for TLJ up yet so I called them. Girl told me they'll find out tomorrow when tickets will be available. WTF. Should I buy tickets at another theater where you can't pick your seats or wait and see on the other where you can... silent
@Cowgirlsamurai

The theater doesn't have it's own website? That's really odd that she said they'll find out tomorrow.
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum