The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Oct - 17:40

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Has this pic been posted here yet? (Apologies if it has--the forum was super busy today, and I might have missed it.)  I found this on another forum as evidence that it is, indeed, one of the guards in the original BTS video:

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 23 CcN9tLk
@ISeeAnIsland

Yep it could be the same guy.
@Darth_Awakened

Can we all just take a second here to appreciate Adam's bicep? Those are marine muscles. Pretty impressive he hasn't lost them after 15 years. Just saying.

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: General Discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 17:46

RandomObserver wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Has this pic been posted here yet? (Apologies if it has--the forum was super busy today, and I might have missed it.)  I found this on another forum as evidence that it is, indeed, one of the guards in the original BTS video:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

Can we all just take a second here to appreciate Adam's bicep? Those are marine muscles. Pretty impressive he hasn't lost them after 15 years. Just saying.
@RandomObserver

I think he works out almost every day and runs a lot. He mentioned it in some interview.

Gotta keep himself in a good shape.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Oct - 18:03

@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

@RandomObserver

I think he works out almost every day and runs a lot. He mentioned it in some interview.

@DarthRen

That's serious drive, because speaking from experience, there are certain military excercises (like diamond pushups, wide-arm pushups and regular pushups) which add a delineation to your arm sockets by the shoulder, and it's very easy once you get discharged and are out of the environment to lose those, even if you regularly hit the gym. The dude is dedicated.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 18:09

RandomObserver wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

That's serious drive, because speaking from experience, there are certain military excercises (like diamond pushups, wide-arm pushups and regular pushups) which add a delineation to your arm sockets by the shoulder, and it's very easy once you get discharged and are out of the environment to lose those, even if you regularly hit the gym. The dude is dedicated.
@RandomObserver

If Adam's commitment to his roles is as big as to other things, no wonder he works that frequently. Army taught him a lot in terms discipline, preparation and dedication he can apply in a civil life. What is baffling is that some people hate on him due to his past in the army, he wanted to make a difference after 9/11. They call him a racist for wanting to kill others and other ugly words.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Oct - 18:27

@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

If Adam's commitment to his roles is as big as to other things, no wonder he works that frequently. Army taught him a lot in terms discipline, preparation and dedication he can apply in a civil life. What is baffling is that some people hate on him due to his past in the army, he wanted to make a difference after 9/11. They call him a racist for wanting to kill others and other ugly words.
@DarthRen

People can be vicious, but it takes a good soul to volunteer for the military. It's not about wanting to kill people. It's about wanting to help others and be a better person through service. I have a feeling that after TLJ, those same uninformed people who criticize him will be changing their tune. I like that they put a vet in a lead role. It's better than some entitled millenial actor in California who has no concept or depth.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 18:38

RandomObserver wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth_Awakened

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

@RandomObserver

@DarthRen

People can be vicious, but it takes a good soul to volunteer for the military. It's not about wanting to kill people. It's about wanting to help others and be a better person through service. I have a feeling that after TLJ, those same uninformed people who criticize him will be changing their tune. I like that they put a vet in a lead role. It's better than some entitled millenial actor in California who has no concept or depth.
@RandomObserver

We're turning it into Adam Driver thread because it probably belongs to thread about him. Smile

Sense of patrotism, after 9/11 was understandable. I wouldn't blame anyone and in fact admire people willling to risk their lives. Adam is a breath of fresh air, smalltown boy as he calls himself with no manners. He even mentioned that he rather buys things for others than himself. He's a regular guy who has a talent, skills, success and that's it's easier to hate him.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 25 Oct - 18:52

Ok so Idk if you guys discussed this but after seeing the new BTS, it seems more likely than ever to me that the shot of kylo picking up the saber and rey torture scene are at same time? Because the red is very very prominent. As people were saying, can't really see him training with the guards. The saber shot also looks like it's a big moment- like Rian zoomed into it this key life altering moment that will define the rest of the story. Maybe it's when Kylo decides to save her from Snoke.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 19:03

@rey09 wrote:Ok so Idk if you guys discussed this but after seeing the new BTS, it seems more likely than ever to me that the shot of kylo picking up the saber and rey torture scene are at same time? Because the red is very very prominent. As people were saying, can't really see him training with the guards. The saber shot also looks like it's a big moment- like Rian zoomed into it this key life altering moment that will define the rest of the story. Maybe it's when Kylo decides to save her from Snoke.
@rey09

I was thinking about it. When he has a helmet, he simply kneels before Snoke at the beginning of the mpvie and picking up saber was leads us to believe it's that scene but it could be later on. Only thing that I'm not sure of is why would Kylo had his lightsaber on the floor. Why would he need to pick it up, to fight Rey infront of Snoke?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 25 Oct - 19:13

@DarthRen wrote:
@rey09 wrote:Ok so Idk if you guys discussed this but after seeing the new BTS, it seems more likely than ever to me that the shot of kylo picking up the saber and rey torture scene are at same time? Because the red is very very prominent. As people were saying, can't really see him training with the guards. The saber shot also looks like it's a big moment- like Rian zoomed into it this key life altering moment that will define the rest of the story. Maybe it's when Kylo decides to save her from Snoke.
@rey09

I was thinking about it. When he has a helmet, he simply kneels before Snoke at the beginning of the mpvie and picking up saber was leads us to believe it's that scene but it could be later on. Only thing that I'm not sure of is why would Kylo had his lightsaber on the floor. Why would he need to pick it up, to fight Rey infront of Snoke?
@DarthRen Yeah that's true. I haven't been able to think of anything that makes a lot of sense. I was thinking maybe Snoke while torturing her tells him to finish her off, as the last ultimate test for him, because Snoke knows damn well Rey is Kylo's weakness. So it's like a hold your breath will he wont he moment. Although I feel that at that point it will be obvious he will turn back but it's more of the emotions rushing through him for her at that point.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Wed 25 Oct - 19:15

@rey09

Every time I see this scene in the trailer, I have the same thought. Just a gut feeling. The whole scene is so slow-motioned and focussing on how he takes his saber, it must be a key scene.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Wed 25 Oct - 19:33

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kessel wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

Yep, looks like Kylo will be fighting the guards. I suppose he could be training with them, but I think it's more likely he also fights them, or maybe both at different times. It just seems more interesting and different if he's fighting them, and TLJ is supposed to be "different."

I just find it hard to believe Kylo won't be present in Snoke's throne room when Rey is there, especially since Snoke told him, "bring her to me."
@Kessel

If he's training with them, it's probably just to set up the fact that he'll be fighting against them later on in the movie.

Frankly, though, it sounds like Act I is going to be so packed for Kylo that I can't imagine them cramming a "training sequence" in there, too.
@ISeeAnIsland

I don't understand why Kylo should train with guards? he knows who to fight, he was training hes whole life, he isn't padawan or beginner like Rey. if he needs training from Snoke it should be about force and not something physical especially fight with NON FORCE SENSITIVE guards
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 25 Oct - 20:05

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kessel wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

Yep, looks like Kylo will be fighting the guards. I suppose he could be training with them, but I think it's more likely he also fights them, or maybe both at different times. It just seems more interesting and different if he's fighting them, and TLJ is supposed to be "different."

I just find it hard to believe Kylo won't be present in Snoke's throne room when Rey is there, especially since Snoke told him, "bring her to me."
@Kessel

If he's training with them, it's probably just to set up the fact that he'll be fighting against them later on in the movie.

Frankly, though, it sounds like Act I is going to be so packed for Kylo that I can't imagine them cramming a "training sequence" in there, too.
@ISeeAnIsland

I don't understand why Kylo should train with guards? he knows who to fight, he was training hes whole life, he isn't padawan or beginner like Rey. if he needs training from Snoke it should be about force and not something physical especially fight with NON FORCE SENSITIVE guards
@Anakin Skywalker

Maybe the Guards are not there to train him but to beat him as in punish him for losing to the little scavenger Rey
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 25 Oct - 20:23

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kessel wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@Kessel

@ISeeAnIsland

@Anakin Skywalker

Maybe the Guards are not there to train him but to beat him as in punish him for losing to the little scavenger Rey
@spacebaby45678

Ooh, I like that! Very fitting! Snoke does not seem to be the forgiving type. Twisted Evil
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 25 Oct - 20:42

Personally, I expect to see Kylo training with (or being punished by) the Guards near the start of the movie. They'll want to establish their strength and ability early on if they're meant to be taken as a big threat and look cool, which seems to be the intention considering the relentless marketing. And if they beat Kylo, or beat him down under Snoke's order, it'll only make it more satisfying if Rey and Kylo come back swinging together and take them down in the climax.

Just like Crait, I think we're going to revisit Snoke's throne room at least a couple of times throughout the movie. So there's no need to speculate as if everything in that red room all happens in the same place in the story.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 25 Oct - 20:48

@ZioRen wrote:Personally, I expect to see Kylo training with (or being punished by) the Guards near the start of the movie. They'll want to establish their strength and ability early on if they're meant to be taken as a big threat and look cool, which seems to be the intention considering the relentless marketing. And if they beat Kylo, or beat him down under Snoke's order, it'll only make it more satisfying if Rey and Kylo come back swinging together and take them down in the climax.

Just like Crait, I think we're going to revisit Snoke's throne room at least a couple of times throughout the movie. So there's no need to speculate as if everything in that red room all happens in the same place in the story.
@ZioRen

Exactly. It makes sense to show us what Praetrorians can do first and then have the two halves take on them. And as you also say, Throne Room's gonna pop up throughout the movie, we'll never get the right timeline on all those scenes. I think we should be satisfied that we have a good general grasp of the story outline and who is where most of the time, but we won't know all until first real leaks from public screenings start popping up (premiere, advance screening, press screening, etc).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Wed 25 Oct - 21:02

@ZioRen wrote:Personally, I expect to see Kylo training with (or being punished by) the Guards near the start of the movie. They'll want to establish their strength and ability early on if they're meant to be taken as a big threat and look cool, which seems to be the intention considering the relentless marketing. And if they beat Kylo, or beat him down under Snoke's order, it'll only make it more satisfying if Rey and Kylo come back swinging together and take them down in the climax.

@ZioRen

Sincerely, I would like to see Kylo kicking some a***s in this movie. I am tired of people calling him weak.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 25 Oct - 21:07

@Atenais wrote:

@ZioRen

Sincerely, I would like to see Kylo kicking some a***s in this movie. I am tired of people calling him weak.
@Atenais

Me too, but I think Kylo's badassery is directly linked to how confident he feels in himself and his place in the universe. Which is why he's so on the ball at the start of TFA, before his internal conflict came roaring to the forefront full force.

I think it'd be amazing if the theory of him fighting the Guards with Rey is true, and it's a scenario in which fighting with Rey feels like the most "right" thing in the galaxy at that moment. So he's able to kick a** and take names. And if he starts finding his place even more in IX, I expect that's when we'll see him at full strength. Which, if he's able to control his latent, incredibly intense power, would be quite a sight to behold!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 25 Oct - 21:14

@ZioRen wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@ZioRen

@Atenais

Me too, but I think Kylo's badassery is directly linked to how confident he feels in himself and his place in the universe. Which is why he's so on the ball at the start of TFA, before his internal conflict came roaring to the forefront full force.

I think it'd be amazing if the theory of him fighting the Guards with Rey is true, and it's a scenario in which fighting with Rey feels like the most "right" thing in the galaxy at that moment. So he's able to kick a** and take names. And if he starts finding his place even more in IX, I expect that's when we'll see him at full strength. Which, if he's able to control his latent, incredibly intense power, would be quite a sight to behold!
@ZioRen

Depending on how TLJ shakes out, I don't think it's out of the question for us to be shown BADA** Hero!Kylo come Episode IX.  He is indeed the lastremaining Skywalker descendant of the new generation after all.  Leia described her unborn child as "full of pluck and wit and steel" in Life Debt.  It's definitely not out of the question for it to play out this way.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 25 Oct - 21:20

@ZioRen wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@ZioRen

@Atenais

@ZioRen

Yes, I completely agree. In TFA, we saw Kylo completely deconstructed. As his confidence diminished, so did his competence.

It would be amazing to see him come full circle with his confidence in a scenario like you describe, with Rey and the Praetorian Guards. It would also be a unique turn for TLJ to take. Much more interesting than Kylo and Rey just fighting again or something similar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 25 Oct - 21:24

I figured there had to be a Kylo training scene early in TLJ just because of "It's time to complete his training," Snoke at the end of TFA. What better practice partners than the Praetorians? Although, "Bring her to me," and torturing/killing Rey could also be dark side training to Snoke to try and break Kylo even further.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 25 Oct - 21:26

@Kessel wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@ZioRen

@Atenais

@ZioRen

Yes, I completely agree. In TFA, we saw Kylo completely deconstructed. As his confidence diminished, so did his competence.

It would be amazing to see him come full circle with his confidence in a scenario like you describe, with Rey and the Praetorian Guards. It would also be a unique turn for TLJ to take. Much more interesting than Kylo and Rey just fighting again or something similar.
@Kessel

Exactly! And even if he ends TLJ off on his own with no idea where to turn and feeling lost, as I predict he will, there's no way he wouldn't think back to that one time he felt totally right amidst all the chaos, in spite of everything he has done, struggled with, and aspired to become, outside of the Resistance and the First Order and everything else, despite their antagonistic relationship in the past: when he was fighting at Rey's side.

Whoops, the romantic in me is coming out. Embarassed
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 25 Oct - 21:31

@ZioRen wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@ZioRen

@Atenais

@ZioRen

@Kessel

Exactly! And even if he ends TLJ off on his own with no idea where to turn and feeling lost, as I predict he will, there's no way he wouldn't think back to that one time he felt totally right amidst all the chaos, in spite of everything he has done, struggled with, and aspired to become, outside of the Resistance and the First Order and everything else, despite their antagonistic relationship in the past: when he was fighting at Rey's side.

@ZioRen

Perfect set up for Episode IX! Approves

Back to top Go down

Post by colibri on Wed 25 Oct - 21:46

@Kessel wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Atenais wrote:

@ZioRen

@Atenais

@ZioRen

@Kessel

@ZioRen

Perfect set up for Episode IX! Approves
@Kessel

I'd love that! I would really like to see Kylo and Rey fight against the Praetorian Guards. However, I wonder what a possible outcome of that fight may look like. Snoke can't be killed off so early in the trilogy, but I can't imagine him running away to save his life either.
colibri
colibri
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 25 Oct - 22:01

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I figured there had to be a Kylo training scene early in TLJ just because of "It's time to complete his training," Snoke at the end of TFA. What better practice partners than the Praetorians? Although, "Bring her to me," and torturing/killing Rey could also be dark side training to Snoke to try and break Kylo even further.
@Cowgirlsamurai

We'll have to see. I don't have the impression that Kylo has much to learn left regarding fighting style and skills. I rahter think that Snoke has another kind of training in mind. And like someone on the forum pointed out, the Pretorian are there to protect Snoke, including from Kylo himself. So I don't know if that would be his smartest idea to show Kylo how capable his guards are.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 22:08

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I figured there had to be a Kylo training scene early in TLJ just because of "It's time to complete his training," Snoke at the end of TFA. What better practice partners than the Praetorians? Although, "Bring her to me," and torturing/killing Rey could also be dark side training to Snoke to try and break Kylo even further.
@Cowgirlsamurai

We'll have to see. I don't have the impression that Kylo has much to learn left regarding fighting  style and skills. I rahter think that Snoke has another kind of training in mind. And like someone on the forum pointed out, the Pretorian are there to protect Snoke, including from Kylo himself. So I don't know if that would be his smartest idea to show Kylo how capable his guards are.
@reylo1992

Kylo is a skilled fighter who doesn't need that kind of training, but then Praetorian Guards has to be taken seriously. It's like that bowcaster that Chewie had. Showing us it can kill Stormtrooper instantly but Kylo was able to fight even after it.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 22:17; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum