Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by AceofWands on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:43 pm

Luke, Rey, Kylo, Leia. Family portrait!

It's true that Rose is too small.

for sake of symmetry at least, she should be as big as Hux.
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:47 pm

@gwendy85 wrote:Bigger version

Once again, Kylo and Rey are paralleling each other. I noticed though that we don't have flares this time.
@gwendy85

Definitely better than the TFA one. But I think I expected something like the teaser poster so I was a little underwhelmed at first, but this poster is looking better and better every time I look at it...
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Love Leia front and center, just a little bummed based on the full size image there's no writer's credit for Carrie. Also why is Poe featured on the right-hand side with the bad guys?!
@snufkin

That's a good point. If anything maybe it should have been finn to suggest his struggles with his past with the FO.
@AppleCrumble122

John Boyega has been hinting at a civil war at times.  I wonder if Poe and Finn end up on opposite sides.  I don't see Poe going FO, but I could see Poe having a different opinion than Finn.
@SoloSideCousin

I think there wasn't enough place on light side, + they wanted to paralel Poe and Finn as equal characters, like Rey-Kylo, and it they would put Finn on the dark side it could bu understood differently, but no one would think that Poe is dark sider

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:00 pm

@MoonFyre wrote:Haha, someone already did this

Two halves, just like Rian said.  Very Happy

I'm loving the red colors, and everyone looks great.
@MoonFyre

Yes, but more like

The "v" shape of Kylo's shuttle makes the bottom of the heart but whateverrrrrrr afro
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@MoonFyre wrote:Haha, someone already did this

Two halves, just like Rian said.  Very Happy

I'm loving the red colors, and everyone looks great.
@MoonFyre

Yes, but more like

The "v" shape of Kylo's shuttle makes the bottom of the heart but whateverrrrrrr afro
@Xylo Ren

OMG I love y'all so much right now Razz
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:07 pm

@AceofWands wrote:Luke, Rey, Kylo, Leia. Family portrait!

@AceofWands
maybe she isn't as important as we thought, like Finn wasn't as main hero as we thought before TFA. they are messing with us with marketing, we already know that.
and Rose bot being as important kind of makes sense for me, she is new, Has already was in TFA, if they wanted Rose to be so important maybe she would be in TFA, we know she was cast long time ago
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:19 pm

The pyramid formation is interesting, it makes very apparent that Luke's protegees will be Rey and Kylo.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:20 pm

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@AceofWands
maybe she isn't as important as we thought, like Finn wasn't as main hero as we thought before TFA. they are messing with us with marketing, we already know that.
and Rose bot being as important kind of makes sense for me, she is new, Has already was in TFA, if they wanted Rose to be so important maybe she would be in TFA, we know she was cast long time ago
@Anakin Skywalker
I think that really depends on how you define "important". If you have to be related in some way to the "mystical" elements of the universe: the Force, the Jedi, the Dark Side, the Skywalkers, etc. to be important then there are really only a few "important" characters. But IMO, it's clear that Rose is going to play a large part in Finn's story. They're going on a mission together which means they'll be sharing screen-time. I think her position on the poster reflects that pretty clearly, as she's right next to Finn's head. So she's an important character to Finn and to Finn's journey (and likely he to hers), and to me that's just another kind of important because there's no doubt Finn is still going to be one of the lead characters who has a decent cut of the film's screen time. Probably more than Kylo's, and he's 3x the size of Finn on the poster.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:25 pm

Looks like the poster is reviving the Reywalkers... “It does kind of scream family” apparently...

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Looks like the poster is reviving the Reywalkers... “It does kind of scream family” apparently...
@Mrs Ben Solo

Yeah, with Evil Big Daddy over everybody, lol.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@AceofWands
@Anakin Skywalker
I think that really depends on how you define "important". If you have to be related in some way to the "mystical" elements of the universe: the Force, the Jedi, the Dark Side, the Skywalkers, etc. to be important then there are really only a few "important" characters. But IMO, it's clear that Rose is going to play a large part in Finn's story. They're going on a mission together which means they'll be sharing screen-time. I think her position on the poster reflects that pretty clearly, as she's right next to Finn's head. So she's an important character to Finn and to Finn's journey (and likely he to hers), and to me that's just another kind of important because there's no doubt Finn is still going to be one of the lead characters who has a decent cut of the film's screen time. Probably more than Kylo's, and he's 3x the size of Finn on the poster.
@FrolickingFizzgig

large part in Finn's story, so she wouldn't be as big (on poster) as Finn, right? but I'm just guessing and remembering how misunderstanding SW marketing could be
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Looks like the poster is reviving the Reywalkers... “It does kind of scream family” apparently...
@Mrs Ben Solo

I saw that when it was first released, but I didn't want to say anything. Honestly you can read it as Reylo AND Reywalker, depending on which way you tilt your head. Laughing

I'm not worried about Reywalker at all at this point, so I'm just gonna sit back and laugh as they fall over themselves...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@AceofWands
@Anakin Skywalker
@FrolickingFizzgig

large part in Finn's story, so she wouldn't be as big (on poster) as Finn, right? but I'm just guessing and remembering how misunderstanding SW marketing could be
@Anakin Skywalker
Oh, I know, I just think it's easy and safe to assume that the character Finn is going to be spending time with on some secret infiltration mission will have way more screen-time than Hux, for example, who is technically bigger than she is on the poster. She has narrative relevance to one of the trilogy's major characters, whereas Hux is just a nazi nobody who is there to be evil.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

One of the first things I noticed is cut on Rey's arm, scar on Kylo's face, and the symmetry/symbolism that could pose.
I like the use of red once again.
I like teasing the Dark!Luke idea, but with some light on his face.
I like Leia in the middle.
I like Rey's hair partially down.
I like that Hux & Phasma made it in the poster. I'm surprised Snoke isn't. awww BB-9
Poe on the right side is...interesting...I agree it could just be for symmetry but I think it could be confusing & misconstrued a lot because of the divide.

Honestly I like the teaser poster w/ just Rey, Kylo & Luke better. And the individuals all in red.

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:32 pm

Who cares what the Reywalkers think? lol. They have their own twisted way of seeing things and we have ours. Lets not focus on their delusions.

@gwendy85 I think the lack of the flare could simply be a design preference. I love the theory regarding light flares between characters, but I think that was just a trademark thing by Streuzan, and the TFA lightflare was placed for a hint of familiarity to the old SW posters. TLJ poster definitely looks different and dark.

Also I love how Luke is cast in both the blue light of Rey's saber and red of Kylo's. As much as I enjoy the idea of Dark Luke, I'm excited about his implied duality.

I still want Luke to be a good guy, but I think that after TLJ or the ST, it's not only Kylo and Rey that'll achieve balance, but Luke aswell.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

I don’t care what the Reywalkers think just commenting on some of the discourse the poster has generated elsewhere. Like @IoJovi said, that interpretation can be made, plus there’s all the red and the allusion to blood and bloodlines. It doesn’t make it the correct interpretation, no more than any other Reywalker or Rey Solo theory, but it’s out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:54 pm

So what if it's out there? What do their interpretations matter anyway? For all I know they've been wrong for almost 2 years now, and no interpretations of theirs could sway anything at the last minute.

Not being cocky, just point out facts.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:56 pm

IT'S COMING!!!!!!!!! bounce
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:53 am

No Snoke and Poe on the side of FO. Interesting.

Other than that fairly standard theatrical poster but still looks amazing.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 9:06 am

This is either overthinking or absolutely genius observation. Hard to tell, when Lucas Films likes to remind us of themes, this is after all Anakin's/Darth Vader's legacy.

EDIT: IMAX poster for Star Wars The Last Jedi. Similar to The Force Awakens.

DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:22 pm

I sent the poster pic to my dad (original fanboy from the 1970s/80s in his high school & college years) last night & he kept sending me cropped screen shots of it saying "what's going on here? " & "who is this little kid?" and I was like "that's Rose, dad" ROFL
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:45 pm

@DarthRen wrote:This is either overthinking or absolutely genius observation. Hard to tell, when Lucas Films likes to remind us of themes, this is after all Anakin's/Darth Vader's legacy.

EDIT: IMAX poster for Star Wars The Last Jedi. Similar to The Force Awakens.

@DarthRen

Oh Lord, people will be using this as a Rey is a Skywalker sign.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:20 pm

I don't know if they see Rey as a Skywalker, but looking at this superimposition by someone (even the lower crait speeders resemble his suit design), I really feel this trilogy is also about Vader and his legacy (which has caused nothing but suffering for his children and grandson)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:46 pm

@panki wrote:I don't know if they see Rey as a Skywalker, but looking at this superimposition by someone (even the lower crait speeders resemble his suit design), I really feel this trilogy is also about Vader and his legacy (which has caused nothing but suffering for his children and grandson)

@panki

Yeah, Vader definitely has a role to play given how the Bloodline reveal horribly impacted everyone's lives. Also, the new canon is not treating Vader in a cutesy way. He murders people left and right in the new books, and at the end of RO he's like a bloodthirsty murder machine. Nobody is escaping the hell he created in the galaxy in just two generations.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:59 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Oh Lord, people will be using this as a Rey is a Skywalker sign.
@ReyofLightSide

The fact that anyone still thinks she's a Skywalker after JJ said her parents weren't in TFA is just mind-boggling.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum