Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by AceofWands on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm

@shii405 wrote:At least 7 Japanese media have published articles saying that poster is real, so I would dare to confirm this poster is the real poster that will be displayed in movie theater in Japan. Some articles mentioned that Rey positioning in the center means she will be in the middle of dark and light and she might have to choose. But they also mentioned the trailer showed Kylo unmasked himself, which means the "Light? Or darkness?" part might meant for Kylo Ren.
@shii405

Good to know. I guess it's the real thing, then.
avatar
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 2654
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-11
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by RosiePancake on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 5:21 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Apparently this is the Japanese theatrical poster for TLJ. Fanboys will be frothing at the mouths to finally see Luke holding a lightsaber. He looks great, though. Love it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Atleast Finn is no longer minimized! That's an improvement
@Rei of Sunshine

The poster, which minimized Finn 's role, was the official poster for China, not Japan Very Happy

http://www.adweek.com/creativity/chinese-version-force-awakens-poster-noticeably-downplays-only-black-actor-168464/

avatar
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 318
Likes : 1666
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:27 pm


_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 1141
Likes : 5057
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:31 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Apparently this is the Japanese theatrical poster for TLJ. Fanboys will be frothing at the mouths to finally see Luke holding a lightsaber. He looks great, though. Love it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Damn, our girl looks fierce! But I'm perplexed at the rearrangement of her and Luke. I'm not mad, just perplexed. I actually like her expression in this poster better.
avatar
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1890
Likes : 7130
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 6:34 am

I dont think just change positions make Rey as "villain" as it was Luke, background, lighting, hood... Luke really looks villain way in firt poster.
though I don't believe he will be villain )))

p.s. and they added porg Smile))
avatar
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 221
Likes : 730
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-26
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 6:36 am

Hm, I don't know... I prefer the US- Version of the poster Confus
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1568
Likes : 7431
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:36 am

I like this poster personally. There’s a good balance to the poster and I do like that Luke and Kylo are turned towards opposite directions. Uncle and nephew with diverging views and Rey stuck in the middle above it not knowing which view is the “right” one. I am very intrigued by the dynamics between Luke and Kylo. I really want to know what happened between them and that poster to me reflects that question. The family drama is more in focus too with the three Skywalkers Luke, Ben and Leia close together. I like it.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1607
Likes : 8228
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:55 am

@SanghaRen wrote:I like this poster personally. There’s a good balance to the poster and I do like that Luke and Kylo are turned towards opposite directions. Uncle and nephew with diverging views and Rey stuck in the middle above it not knowing which view is the “right” one. I am very intrigued by the dynamics between Luke and Kylo. I really want to know what happened between them and that poster to me reflects that question. The family drama is more in focus too with the three Skywalkers Luke, Ben and Leia close together. I like it.
@SanghaRen

I agree with a lot of this! Thinking about it more, I think I love them both equally. I love the big ominous Luke in the 1st poster. But I do like the family dynamics of Luke & Ben back to back in the 2nd poster, as well as Rey looking amazing (obviously, I made it my avatar lol) & the center between those two men, similar to how she was the center & place between them in the teaser poster from last spring.
avatar
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1890
Likes : 7130
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

This Japanese poster with Rey and Luke swapping places, raises two questions for me:

1) Do you think there will be a 3rd variation of the poster with Kylo the bigger figure in the middle? These 3 form a triangle and we can have a meaningful interpretation of the triangle with either of the three of them being in the middle.

2) Luke is holding the [blue] lightsaber in this poster. Do you think he will use it in the movie? (I had not thought of this before, but now I wonder if he will)
avatar
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 130
Likes : 514
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-30
Localisation : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by AceofWands on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 5:27 pm



So, sorry for my skepticism about the poster. It wasn't on any decent media channel.

So, this poster:

1. Rose is as big as the porg.  And smaller than Hux. Small rose is a problem on the other poster as well. I mean, even if her role is not that big, at least for the sake of composition, her face should have been bigger. And don't make me get started on the issue of representation.

2. I swear, if I didn't know the movie or the characters I'd think this is about a love triangle where the fierce girl has to choose between the two men. Ruke lives, baby. Now seriously, maybe this really has a meaning? Like at some point she has to decide between Luke and Kylo (nor romantically, of course)

3. Wondering why Poe is on the dark side. "Cause there wasn't room on the other side" is a lame explanation.

4. Why is Luke with the lightsaber? Does he light it up and test it before returning it to Rey? I can see that it's there for visual composition, but still...  That said, I would personally love to see Luke with a lightsaber in TLJ. As long as he doesn't overwhelm the plot, some cool bad*** moments would be nice.
avatar
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 2654
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-11
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 5:42 pm

@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:This Japanese poster with Rey and Luke swapping places, raises two questions for me:

1) Do you think there will be a 3rd variation of the poster with Kylo the bigger figure in the middle? These 3 form a triangle and we can have a meaningful interpretation of the triangle with either of the three of them being in the middle.

2) Luke is holding the [blue] lightsaber in this poster. Do you think he will use it in the movie? (I had not thought of this before, but now I wonder if he will)
@LesCousinsDangereux

@Darth Ren had a very interesting interpretation about the switch. If I remember, he thought that Luke, Kylo and Rey are the Three Outlaw Samurai who are supposed to swithc/question their allegiance. Thus, the switch in the poster could represent that. If that interpretation is right, maybe we will get a third poster like we suggest. Pretty confusing for the audience. My brother reacted to the first official poster, saying: "Gee! Luke has the place of the bad guy, because in all SW the bad guy is always in the background!". I have showed him the international poster and asked: "Do you still think that Luke is the bad guy now? Wink About your second point, yeah I tend to think that Luke will use the Skywalker lightsaber at some point. It depends on what you think about his trajectory.Since I tend to think that Luke will come back to his sense in the end of the movie and show up unexpectedly on Crait. Now, who is he going to fight with that lightsaber, knowing that Rey is supposed to have it but that she will end up wounded at some point?
avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5482
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 5:45 pm

@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:This Japanese poster with Rey and Luke swapping places, raises two questions for me:

1) Do you think there will be a 3rd variation of the poster with Kylo the bigger figure in the middle? These 3 form a triangle and we can have a meaningful interpretation of the triangle with either of the three of them being in the middle.

2) Luke is holding the [blue] lightsaber in this poster. Do you think he will use it in the movie? (I had not thought of this before, but now I wonder if he will)
@LesCousinsDangereux

1) No, because all the posters so far (teaser poster, main poster, international poster) are showing Rey as "torn" between Luke and Kylo / Luke as a "divisor" between Rey and Kylo. That's the dynamic they're trying to convey through the visuals. Kylo is conflicted, but with himself.

2) Nope.
avatar
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1270
Likes : 10128
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 27
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 6:24 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@LesCousinsDangereux wrote:This Japanese poster with Rey and Luke swapping places, raises two questions for me:

1) Do you think there will be a 3rd variation of the poster with Kylo the bigger figure in the middle? These 3 form a triangle and we can have a meaningful interpretation of the triangle with either of the three of them being in the middle.

2) Luke is holding the [blue] lightsaber in this poster. Do you think he will use it in the movie? (I had not thought of this before, but now I wonder if he will)
@LesCousinsDangereux

1) No, because all the posters so far (teaser poster, main poster, international poster) are showing Rey as "torn" between Luke and Kylo / Luke as a "divisor" between Rey and Kylo. That's the dynamic they're trying to convey through the visuals. Kylo is conflicted, but with himself.

2) Nope.
@Piper Maru

1) Yes but one one can say that Kylo is torn between his past (Luke representing his family whom he betrayed/abadoned to join Snkoke) and his possible future with the scavenger he finds so intriguing... Smile Generaly, with some stretch of the imagination one can find some sort of interpetation for any possible triangle (even one with say Hux, Chewie and Rose Smile

2) I also think it is unlikely. Luke will turn up late on Crait sans lightsaber, as Rey will have it with her (she needs it to fight the PG with Kylo, as per the BTS).


Last edited by LesCousinsDangereux on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 130
Likes : 514
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-30
Localisation : London, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by AceofWands on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:21 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:

@DarthRen had a very interesting interpretation about the switch. If I remember, he thought that Luke, Kylo and Rey are the Three Outlaw Samurai who are supposed to swithc/question their allegiance. Thus, the switch in the poster could represent that. If that interpretation is right, maybe we will get a third poster like we suggest. Pretty confusing for the audience. My brother reacted to the first official poster, saying: "Gee! Luke has the place of the bad guy, because in all SW the bad guy is always in the background!". I have showed him the international poster and asked: "Do you still think that Luke is the bad guy now? ;) About your second point, yeah I tend to think that Luke will use the Skywalker lightsaber at some point. It depends on what you think about his trajectory.Since I tend to think that Luke will come back to his  sense in the end of the movie and show up unexpectedly on Crait. Now, who is he going to fight with that lightsaber, knowing that Rey is supposed to have it but that she will end up wounded at some point?
@reylo1992

As to Rey in the background, I don't know, we get a sort of Imperial March when she is introduced... We don't know the extent to which she has her inner darkness and how it will impact the plot.

The idea of harbinger of doom is still pretty much possible.

So I don't know, I still think that big head in the background represents villains, in the same way that music with dissonant notes represents villains, and we're getting both for Rey. I think it's cool!


Last edited by AceofWands on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 860
Likes : 2654
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-11
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by DarthRen on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:26 pm

@AceofWands wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:





@DarthRen had a very interesting interpretation about the switch. If I remember, he thought that Luke, Kylo and Rey are the Three Outlaw Samurai who are supposed to swithc/question their allegiance. Thus, the switch in the poster could represent that. If that interpretation is right, maybe we will get a third poster like we suggest. Pretty confusing for the audience. My brother reacted to the first official poster, saying: "Gee! Luke has the place of the bad guy, because in all SW the bad guy is always in the background!". I have showed him the international poster and asked: "Do you still think that Luke is the bad guy now? ;) About your second point, yeah I tend to think that Luke will use the Skywalker lightsaber at some point. It depends on what you think about his trajectory.Since I tend to think that Luke will come back to his sense in the end of the movie and show up unexpectedly on Crait. Now, who is he going to fight with that lightsaber, knowing that Rey is supposed to have it but that she will end up wounded at some point?
@reylo1992

As to Rey in the background, I don't know, we get a sort of Imperial March when she is introduced... We don't know the extent to which she has her inner darkness and how it will impact the plot.

The idea of harbinger of doom is still pretty much possible.

So I don't know, I still think that big head in the background represents villains, in the same way that music with dissonant notes represents villains, and we're getting both for Rey. I think it's cool!

@AceofWands

Hint at her parentage and background would fit.

It would be symbolic, when she was introduced in TFA and she came from the darkness to the light of Jakku. Kylo the exact opposite. They even said this was supposed to be symbolic and Rey had Stormtroopers googles on. Imperial March to it. Zen
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6149
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Ostrava/Prague/Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by PalmettoBlue on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

@RosiePancake wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

Apparently this is the Japanese theatrical poster for TLJ. Fanboys will be frothing at the mouths to finally see Luke holding a lightsaber. He looks great, though. Love it.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Atleast Finn is no longer minimized! That's an improvement
@Rei of Sunshine

The poster, which minimized Finn 's role, was the official poster for China, not Japan Very Happy

http://www.adweek.com/creativity/chinese-version-force-awakens-poster-noticeably-downplays-only-black-actor-168464/

@RosiePancake

Pardon me if someone has said this, but is it me, or is Rey’s body turned towards Kylo?
I’m reading into this.
avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 612
Likes : 2623
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:42 pm

I thought it looked like the same positioning of her individual poster from the summer, except in that we couldn't see her eyes
avatar
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1890
Likes : 7130
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by rey09 on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

Sorry if posted before- found this interesting quote on tumblr 

"I am a native Japanese speaker and the words in advertisements bring the image of a fate of romance. Japan advertisement is different because Star Wars is not a classic culture of Japan. We don't care about the "surprise" so much. We just want a story which we can enjoy in a theater. And theater is very expensive so we want to understand the movie properly before we can see it. So I think it's very important to pay attention to Japanese advertisement. It is honest compared to American one."
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1309
Likes : 6280
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by PalmettoBlue on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 8:27 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:I thought it looked like the same positioning of her individual poster from the summer, except in that we couldn't see her eyes
@SheLitAFire

I agree. But I also read into the fact that she and Kylo’s bodies were facing the same direction this summer. I can’t get away from it!
avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 612
Likes : 2623
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:00 pm

@rey09 wrote:Sorry if posted before- found this interesting quote on tumblr 

"I am a native Japanese speaker and the words in advertisements bring the image of a fate of romance. Japan advertisement is different because Star Wars is not a classic culture of Japan. We don't care about the "surprise" so much. We just want a story which we can enjoy in a theater. And theater is very expensive so we want to understand the movie properly before we can see it. So I think it's very important to pay attention to Japanese advertisement. It is honest compared to American one."
@rey09
@shii405
You speak Japanese, right? I'm curious about how the movie is being presented in Japan vs. North America... I'm not sure if you're actually from Japan. I'm sorry to make assumptions if I am. Just find this interesting. Smile
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35013
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by shii405 on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:14 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@shii405
You speak Japanese, right? I'm curious about how the movie is being presented in Japan vs. North America... I'm not sure if you're actually from Japan. I'm sorry to make assumptions if I am. Just find this interesting. Smile
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm not a Japanese but I speak Japanese, currently living in Japan and I have been observing and following the Japanese entertainment industry for 15 years. I also follow Japanese Star Wars fandom. What is your question again? Do you mean TFA or TLJ marketing? Can you be more specific?
avatar
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 438
Likes : 2967
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:18 pm

@shii405 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@shii405
You speak Japanese, right? I'm curious about how the movie is being presented in Japan vs. North America... I'm not sure if you're actually from Japan. I'm sorry to make assumptions if I am. Just find this interesting. Smile
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm not a Japanese but I speak Japanese, currently living in Japan and I have been observing and following the Japanese entertainment industry for 15 years. I also follow Japanese Star Wars fandom. What is your question again? Do you mean TFA or TLJ marketing? Can you be more specific?
@shii405
Sorry, should have specified. I'm curious about your thoughts on this, which was posted by another Japanese fan:

"I am a native Japanese speaker and the words in advertisements bring the image of a fate of romance. Japan advertisement is different because Star Wars is not a classic culture of Japan. We don't care about the "surprise" so much. We just want a story which we can enjoy in a theater. And theater is very expensive so we want to understand the movie properly before we can see it. So I think it's very important to pay attention to Japanese advertisement. It is honest compared to American one."
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35013
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by shii405 on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:43 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@shii405
Sorry, should have specified. I'm curious about your thoughts on this, which was posted by another Japanese fan:

"I am a native Japanese speaker and the words in advertisements bring the image of a fate of romance. Japan advertisement is different because Star Wars is not a classic culture of Japan. We don't care about the "surprise" so much. We just want a story which we can enjoy in a theater. And theater is very expensive so we want to understand the movie properly before we can see it. So I think it's very important to pay attention to Japanese advertisement. It is honest compared to American one."
@FrolickingFizzgig

Oh, I agree with that. Local movies are very strong and it is very difficult to market foreign movies and songs in Japan, so marketing has to be very aggressive. I agree that Japanese marketing would be more straight forward than American. And as I said before, there is a large Reylo fanbase here, Disney Japan might have observed that and tailored the marketing to fit the majority's taste. The Reylo fans even make Reylo fanmanga(comics) and they are circulated among hardcore fans. Actually, imo, Japanese audience caught Reylo earlier than any other part in the world. On Day 1 of TFA, I immediately saw a sum of tweets fangirling Kylo Ren "The way he always tilt his head to the side is so cute!" "Kylo kneeling in front of sleeping Rey is so romantic" "That bridal carry! Apparently Kylo can be a gentleman too!" I have watched TFA but I have not really seen Reylo back then and still thought they just the usual enemies... so I was like "Err...." LOL
So far, I only see GA and Reylo (and some ReyFinn) in Japanese SW fandom, I have not seen a single tweet of anti-Reylo, I think it is because "enemies turn lovers" stories quite common in Japanese anime.
I have to disagree a bit on her opinion that SW is not a classic culture of Japan. SW has a huge fanbase in Japan and it is the only Hollywood movie franchise that has become a huge success... Star Trek, Marvel etc are not so big in Japan. SW is big here since A New Hope. I think it was because George Lucas said that Star Wars was inspired by Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. Lightsaber fights often associated with samurai swordplay. So Japan celebrate Star Wars almost on the same level as America celebrate it.
Nevertheless, they are used to straight-forward marketing, for any movie locals and foreign. So IF the Japanese distributor has seen TLJ and it really has Reylo... I think we can count on Japanese marketing will emphasize on that to attract more viewers, and oh... there are running jokes about how unbelievably honest Japanese people are... so no, their marketing will not give any misdirection or contain any lies, lol.

Sorry, not sure if I answered your question, haha
avatar
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 438
Likes : 2967
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 9:52 pm

@shii405 wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@shii405
Sorry, should have specified. I'm curious about your thoughts on this, which was posted by another Japanese fan:

"I am a native Japanese speaker and the words in advertisements bring the image of a fate of romance. Japan advertisement is different because Star Wars is not a classic culture of Japan. We don't care about the "surprise" so much. We just want a story which we can enjoy in a theater. And theater is very expensive so we want to understand the movie properly before we can see it. So I think it's very important to pay attention to Japanese advertisement. It is honest compared to American one."
@FrolickingFizzgig

Oh, I agree with that. Local movies are very strong and it is very difficult to market foreign movies and songs in Japan, so marketing has to be very aggressive. I agree that Japanese marketing would be more straight forward than American. And as I said before, there is a large Reylo fanbase here, Disney Japan might have observed that and tailored the marketing to fit the majority's taste. The Reylo fans even make Reylo fanmanga(comics) and they are circulated among hardcore fans. Actually, imo, Japanese audience caught Reylo earlier than any other part in the world. On Day 1 of TFA, I immediately saw a sum of tweets fangirling Kylo Ren "The way he always tilt his head to the side is so cute!" "Kylo kneeling in front of sleeping Rey is so romantic" "That bridal carry! Apparently Kylo can be a gentleman too!" I have watched TFA but I have not really seen Reylo back then and still thought they just the usual enemies... so I was like "Err...." LOL
So far, I only see GA and Reylo (and some ReyFinn) in Japanese SW fandom, I have not seen a single tweet of anti-Reylo, I think it is because "enemies turn lovers" stories quite common in Japanese anime.
I have to disagree a bit on her opinion that SW is not a classic culture of Japan. SW has a huge fanbase in Japan and it is the only Hollywood movie franchise that has become a huge success... Star Trek, Marvel etc are not so big in Japan. SW is big here since A New Hope. I think it was because George Lucas said that Star Wars was inspired by Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. Lightsaber fights often associated with samurai swordplay. So Japan celebrate Star Wars almost on the same level as America celebrate it.
Nevertheless, they are used to straight-forward marketing, for any movie locals and foreign. So IF the Japanese distributor has seen TLJ and it really has Reylo... I think we can count on Japanese marketing will emphasize on that to attract more viewers, and oh... there are running jokes about how unbelievably honest Japanese people are... so no, their marketing will not give any misdirection or contain any lies, lol.

Sorry, not sure if I answered your question, haha
@shii405
Thank you! This was really informative to me. Loved reading it. I learned a lot! And also, you are a treasure to have here. Very Happy

I guess we'll see how this proceeds as the marketing goes on.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35013
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Theatrical poster discussion - The Last Jedi

Post by shii405 on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:06 am

Have this image been released before? This is like combination of Japanese poster Rey and character poster Kylo? Cause character poster Rey holding saber lower?  scratch



A Japanese media posted this image with article about Adam spoiled Rey's royalty origin in GQ
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171101-00000002-ignjapan-movi

Not sure if this media IGN Japan edited this image themselves or they got this image from distributor for official marketing purpose?

Well, either way, another confirmation that Japan is pushing Reylo Very Happy
avatar
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 438
Likes : 2967
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum