The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:59 pm

Hey, guys, check this out. It appears that Kylo isn't wearing his belt in this scene:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 8A3hfr8

prompting some people to think that it might not be Kylo. But then they analyzed it further and decided it was Kylo 100%.

So why do you think he isn't wearing his belt? Cause of tracker? Or he had to dry his clothes?

Also, are he and Rey going to have a showdown on Crait? Cause they stand on the same Icelandic, black lava ground:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 DIl5GpDW0AEwgpO

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.30.18_PM

I was there, trust me it's the same place.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:11 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Rian never said he was given a free reign. It was a misquote. he said he had the same freedom like on his other projects and that doesn't mean total freedom, just that he wasn't more limited and micromanaged than usual. But people took it as free reign of director's whim. It's like when Daisy said that she thought TFA answered a lot (about Rey's parentage) but that got misquoted as "Rey's parentage is obvious in TFA".
@vaderito

There’s been several tweets from Rian directly where he says he was given complete creative control. I believe his intention to get people to think the ST is written in a way to similar to the “continue the stories” we played as kids as a creative writing exercise.  I think the intention is to make it appear that these stories write themselves.  Honestly that’s a very Disney thing to do - they want to make you believe there’s a magical element to all of this.  I’m not defending it or saying it’s right or wrong, but just trying to convey what I believe their thought process is by putting something like that out there.
@IoJovi

I see. Well, we know that they can't write on a whim no matter what they say. And Raw Powah is one of proofs. It was set up in TFA (no Force Users but Rey and Kylo have the Force sound) and now continues in TLJ. I hope their scenes are great. I also don't think they are only going to be doom and gloom. There are Porgs on that planet so you know there will be levity.
@vaderito

Rian has said exactly that. The Porgs were used for comic relief moments on Ahch-To...

On a lighter note, there’s a cameo appearance by a porg, one of those adorable birdlike aliens that Disney is heavily marketing for Christmas.

“Are you sick of them yet?” Johnson asks with a laugh. The porgs, he explains, were inspired by the actual puffins that inhabit Skellig Michael, the island off the coast of Ireland that served as the location for Luke’s hermitage. “I was like, ‘Oh, this is part of the island, we need to find the Star Wars version of this,” the director explains. “And then just story-wise — not that they play a big part in the story — but I knew I wanted to find any source of comic relief I could on the island. And so they were very useful in terms of that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/last-jedi-director-rian-johnson-carrie-fisher-spoiler-no-fly-list-rear-porg-backlash-exclusive-162527278.html

On the no belt for Kylo - It’s really difficult trying to place all these scenes within the film when you have stuff like Rey’s hairstyle, outfit changes, forehead bruise and arm cut to take into consideration as well as the state of Kylo’s scar, helmet or no helmet, cape on or off, and now belt missing!

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:18 pm

I want to place scenes badly but new info changes the order of some previously established ones, somewhat.

Like Rey (w/o bruise) and Snoke. Did she get the bruise from Snoke before Crait or was there a time jump between Crait and Snoke allowing the bruise to heal. We know there's gonna be some time jump thanks to Finn and Rose new hair likely after the battle of Crait (Finn still has his old hair in the skimmer).

EDIT: I have just seen a genius observation on another forum. The poster noticed that Rian said that Rey/Ren are "two sides of something" and then Rey says in the trailer "something, something inside me has always been there. But now it's awake and I need help." So they are two sides of Raw Powah aka they are a new thing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:25 pm

@vaderito wrote:I want to place scenes badly but new info changes the order of some previously established ones, somewhat.

Like Rey (w/o bruise) and Snoke. Did she get the bruise from Snoke before Crait or was there a time jump between Crait and Snoke allowing the bruise to heal. We know there's gonna be some time jump thanks to Finn and Rose new hair likely after the battle of Crait (Finn still has his old hair in the skimmer).

EDIT: I have just seen a genius observation on another forum. The poster noticed that Rian said that Rey/Ren are "two sides of something" and then Rey says in the trailer "something, something inside me has always been there. But now it's awake and I need help." So they are two sides of Raw Powah aka they are a new thing.
@vaderito

And don't forget Snoke talking about "something special" within Kylo and then... cut to Rey.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:27 pm

@vaderito wrote:Hey, guys, check this out. It appears that Kylo isn't wearing his belt in this scene:

prompting some people to think that it might not be Kylo. But then they analyzed it further and decided it was Kylo 100%.

So why do you think he isn't wearing his belt? Cause of tracker? Or he had to dry his clothes?

@vaderito

Do people really think this is not Adam Driver?

I'm tired.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:32 pm

There was one leak abou Kylo and Rey fighting on Crait and Luke then bitchslaps Kylo, gives monologue and Kylo resigns. Laughing

It looks like Kylo is on Crait unless there is another secret location. We saw MF flying around crystals of some kind. Rey and Finn possibly reuniting at Crait BTS footage of John and Daisy dancing.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:34 pm

@AceofWands wrote:
@Tex wrote:Slightly off topic, but I just came across this little gem of a trailer reaction. The quality is not the best, but watch till the very end. This guy was basically all of us last night. His reaction is amazing H-beating

@Tex

Wow, Tex, this amazing!!!! I also let out a big scream!!! I didn't scream Reylo lives, though. But sure, that was the reaction.

@AceofWands
That was... pretty much my reaction. I'm not even ashamed. Laughing
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

@vaderito The early stuff is pretty easy to place from Kylo wearing his helmet to the space bandaid covering his scar. We are expecting Kylo to be summoned by Snoke and probably get chewed out followed by the D’qar evacuation battle.

We have also seen Rey and Luke on Ahch-To from the lightsaber handing over to various “training” or Rey self training scenes. From her hair and clothes we can place those early on.

It gets murkier after that, especially when it comes to the Crait battle and what goes down with Kylo on Ahch-To.

We also saw nothing of Canto Bight, Finn and Rose, Holdo and DJ. We are presuming the Canto Bight stuff is 2nd act, along with Kylo on Ahch-To. But where does the Snoke - Rey torture scene come into it, plus the shot we’ve seen of her piloting the Falcon in her final “Jedi training” outfit (for which I think she had the forehead bruise). We also have the BTS of Rey and Finn on Crait and she has the forehead bruise there too. Where the heck does Kylo lose his belt and cape? If it’s on Ahch-To, which we assume is 2nd act, how is he all put together again and back on the FO frontline for the Crait battle, as we see his shuttle above the walkers and a shot of him with stormtroopers trailing behind. I guess Hux could be in the Space limo shuttle, as he’s unaccounted for and the LEGO set suggested he’d be in the battle. But Kylo and the stormtroopers? Unless it’s not what it seems and he’s already turned by that point and they just don’t know it. I don’t know, we are missing some vital puzzle pieces here.

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Hey, guys, check this out. It appears that Kylo isn't wearing his belt in this scene:

@vaderito

Do people really think this is not Adam Driver?

I'm tired.
@Xylo Ren

It matches with him, right down to the falling embers.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:53 pm

The tracker is in the belt so if that's gone, it could mean Kylo doesn't want to be found by Snoke/FO wherever he is. And it looks to me like he's on Ahch-To in that shot. Assuming the rest of the FO was not informed of Luke's whereabouts before Kylo set off on his "personal interests" mission, disabling the tracker might prevent the FO from just showing up and attacking the island right away.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 7:59 pm

The whole Snoke v/o and Luke freaking out about her  power, that circles back to Hades and Persephone. Because ultimately she was the person in that duo people were terrified of thanks to her power.?

I got curious enough to look elsewhere for people’s takes on the trailer and the LOL nothing going on between those two characters, you should know better Hot Takes are annoying enough that’s almost enough to make want to see a kiss. Just to see the reaction from everybody who’s insisting that nothing is being set up as a shared destiny/cause and not cousin-sibling relationship between these two characters. Hell now I’m hoping for tongue and a sex scene in IX after reading some of those comments

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm

Also, are he and Rey going to have a showdown on Crait? Cause they stand on the same Icelandic, black lava ground:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 DIl5GpDW0AEwgpO

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Screen_Shot_2017_10_09_at_10.30.18_PM

I was there, trust me it's the same place.
@vaderito

That picture of Rey, there are others similar to that one with Porgs in the background, so I thought it was Ahch-To not Crait. It certainly looks like Kylo is on the surface of Crait, maybe going into the mines. It also looks like the Falcon is flying through the mines with TIE fighters in pursuit at some point. Is Rey piloting the Falcon there? Chewie has been seen in an X-Wing (or was it an A-Wing?) in preparation for the Crait battle so did he get back to the Falcon somehow or is someone else co-piloting with Rey? So many questions!

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:15 pm

So people are comparing the hand to Aladdin, you say? Hmmmm...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Giphy

ETA: I found a better GIF

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:17 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:So people are comparing the hand to Aladdin, you say? Hmmmm...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Giphy
@ReyofLightSide

I think a bird drops doo doo on her at one point too... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:20 pm

So, I didn't remember TFA trailer at all and decided to watch it today after all the "it's misdirection!" talk.

It's really not.

TFA trailer was pretty straightforward and honest. You can argue about "Jedi Finn" being a bait, but the point is: the trailer didn't lie. Finn did fight with a lightsaber, but unfortunately he lost. Rey was already introduced as the main protagonist, Kylo was introduced as obsessed with Vader, Finn talks about doing the right thing... It's all there, except the main motivations (aka the true spoilers), and of course the voice over is different to add more drama to the trailer.

So... yeap. Certain factions of the fandom can start crying.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:25 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:So, I didn't remember TFA trailer at all and decided to watch it today after all the "it's misdirection!" talk.

It's really not.

TFA trailer was pretty straightforward and honest. You can argue about "Jedi Finn" being a bait, but the point is: the trailer didn't lie. Finn did fight with a lightsaber, but unfortunately he lost. Rey was already introduced as the main protagonist, Kylo was introduced as obsessed with Vader, Finn talks about doing the right thing... It's all there, except the main motivations (aka the true spoilers), and of course the voice over is different to add more drama to the trailer.

@Piper Maru

I’m still floored with how many people think Kylo actually pulls the trigger in that scene with Leia. I’m not saying this because I obviously want Kylo redeemed. If Kylo kills his mom with tears in his eyes do they not realize how redundant and awful that would be? It would be basically saying this guy kills each parent on the weekends for kicks. While he’s crying. No the real drama is Kylo making a different decision. I got right away that he couldn’t pull that trigger- I never realized there’d be a debate over this, but here we are...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:27 pm

I have heard recently from a friend that some fans think this trailer is too revealing?

Is this true? I guess through the eyes of the average Joes Comforter.....it would seem revealing considering that Joes Comforter expects Kylo and Rey to be siblings. Sibling team up and battling it out....etc.....but no I don't think it's revealing at least from a certain view point
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm

But Kylo IS wearing his belt, it is just difficult to see because of the quick camera movements:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Kylo10

And I don't understand why "no belt" prompts people into panicking, most of the characters had slight costume changes throughout TFA, too. Even without a belt this costume would still be closest to Kylo's and not anyone else's costumes.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:So, I didn't remember TFA trailer at all and decided to watch it today after all the "it's misdirection!" talk.

It's really not.

@Piper Maru

I’m still floored with how many people think Kylo actually pulls the trigger in that scene with Leia. I’m not saying this because I obviously want Kylo redeemed. If Kylo kills his mom with tears in his eyes do they not realize how redundant and awful that would be? It would be basically saying this guy kills each parent on the weekends for kicks. While he’s crying. No the real drama is Kylo making a different decision. I got right away that he couldn’t pull that trigger- I never realized there’d be a debate over this, but here we are...
@IoJovi

That is shocking! Even Leia's face, she knows he can't do it.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:32 pm

It's really not.

@Piper Maru

I think it was the posters that were more misleading about Finn, but yeah, it's cause they wanted to hide the girl power moment

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Img_2111
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 5 Img_2110
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm

@IoJovi wrote:

It's really not.

@Piper Maru

I’m still floored with how many people think Kylo actually pulls the trigger in that scene with Leia.  I’m not saying this because I obviously want Kylo redeemed.  If Kylo kills his mom with tears in his eyes do they not realize how redundant and awful that would be?  It would be basically saying this guy kills each parent on the weekends for kicks.  While he’s crying.  No the real drama is Kylo making a different decision.  I got right away that he couldn’t pull that trigger- I never realized there’d be a debate over this, but here we are...
@IoJovi

I agree. It's pretty much a given in the trailer that he can't do it. If he actually could do it, (which he can't) they wouldn't  even address it in a trailer. It would be a surprise.  I mean never saw even a hint of the catwalk in the trailer, nor the Snow Fight. That moment is there to telegraph to the audience that "Yes, Kylo still has a soul and loves his parents." Again, why do people need the ridiculous "Noooooo" level of hammy, sledgehammer acting.  That kind of acting is terrible. Both JJ and Rian are expecting more from the audience,  and not everyone is reaching that marker.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:36 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:I have heard recently from a friend that some fans think this trailer is too revealing?

Is this true? I guess through the eyes of the average Joes Comforter.....it would seem revealing considering that Joes Comforter expects Kylo and Rey to be siblings. Sibling team up and battling it out....etc.....but no I don't think it's revealing at least from a certain view point
@Little_Boots
I don't find it to be too revealing. I find it to be more GA prep to start thinking in the right direction so the real shocker doesn't induce a heart attack. They're really pushing Rey/Kylo team up in marketing. Which means that's not a big secret. So why hide their together scenes?...
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@vaderito wrote:I want to place scenes badly but new info changes the order of some previously established ones, somewhat.

@vaderito

And don't forget Snoke talking about "something special" within Kylo and then... cut to Rey.
@Piper Maru

Perhaps they really are Adam and Eve figures....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

Dropping this amazing little Trailer Crack video here for y'all. Laughing Warning for very strong language.

Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:39 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

It's really not.

@Piper Maru

I’m still floored with how many people think Kylo actually pulls the trigger in that scene with Leia.  I’m not saying this because I obviously want Kylo redeemed.  If Kylo kills his mom with tears in his eyes do they not realize how redundant and awful that would be?  It would be basically saying this guy kills each parent on the weekends for kicks.  While he’s crying.  No the real drama is Kylo making a different decision.  I got right away that he couldn’t pull that trigger- I never realized there’d be a debate over this, but here we are...
@IoJovi

That is shocking! Even Leia's face, she knows he can't do it.
@Little_Boots

Right! She doesn't look incredibly terrified. It's like she's almost waiting for him to pull it together. There is anxiety sure, but I almost got the sense that she was trying to help him and/or was talking to him telepathically.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum