The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:59 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So... my impression is that everyone but us think that Kylo's hand reach is Rey being tempted by the dark side. Like he's some sneaky snake that Rey must navigate around if she wants to not GO BAD.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Sneaky snake??? Did they see the same trailer ??? What's wrong with those people?

He looks more like "I'll give you the whole universe" and not "I'll show you the dark side"
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Bildsc10
@Night Huntress

This picture does things to me. Look at his lips.

And Daisy looks BEAUTIFUL here. Look at the shape of her eyes <3

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Tumblr_oxm6rz9vZy1v8clovo2_540

THE ROMANTIC LEADS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Last edited by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 2:59 pm

@fuhry wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:So... my impression is that everyone but us think that Kylo's hand reach is Rey being tempted by the dark side. Like he's some sneaky snake that Rey must navigate around if she wants to not GO BAD.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Sneaky snake??? Did they see the same trailer ??? What's wrong with those people?

He looks more like "I'll give you the whole universe" and not "I'll show you the dark side"
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Bildsc10
@Night Huntress

Yeah, he has pretty much identified her as his future wife and possible baby mama Razz
@ReyofLightSide

I think he looks like "You're the only person in the universe I have any hope of having any kind of normal relationship with"
@fuhry

Omg I know!! I mean, can you see that slight smile on his face?? I would say that's but about as genuine as you can get without having words being said
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:01 pm

Okay, but with all that talk of Kylo and Rey's Force powers being "out of control" or whatever, I'm starting to think... we see that Kylo in TFA has so-called "temper tantrums". First assumption is that he never learned how to canalize his negative emotions properly and that it's a side effect of grooming, but that PoV did change when the information came out that Ben became Kylo Ren around 23, not as a teenager.

So if Kylo accidentally lashes out with the Force when he is angry or whatever, maybe him taking out his lightsaber and destroying equipment is the way of preventing it. I mean, it's better to break some equipment that can be replaced to take the extra emotion out rather than potentially harming someone...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:08 pm

@Tex wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Tex wrote:Slightly off topic, but I just came across this little gem of a trailer reaction. The quality is not the best, but watch till the very end. This guy was basically all of us last night. His reaction is amazing H-beating

@Tex

Thank you for this.

I just started laughing hysterically at "Reylo lives!"
@Darth_Awakened

You're welcome! Yes, "Reylo Lives" had me smiling and laughing so much. It was great. I thought we needed to lighten the mood a bit. It was getting a little negative in here Very Happy
@Tex

oh my god, he's so cuuute Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:12 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Tex wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Tex wrote:Slightly off topic, but I just came across this little gem of a trailer reaction. The quality is not the best, but watch till the very end. This guy was basically all of us last night. His reaction is amazing H-beating

@Tex

Thank you for this.

I just started laughing hysterically at "Reylo lives!"
@Darth_Awakened

You're welcome! Yes, "Reylo Lives" had me smiling and laughing so much. It was great. I thought we needed to lighten the mood a bit. It was getting a little negative in here Very Happy
@Tex

oh my god, he's so cuuute Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

This is the funniest cutest thing I’ve seen all day!!! This dude is all of us!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:14 pm

I spoke to a friend of mine this morning about the trailer. She is very GA, she is so excited to see this movie. She actually texted me to tell me the trailer was coming on because she knows I hate football. ha!

Her first comments were: It is going to be amazing and she can't wait to see it.
Then she said: I can't believe that Kylo will kill his mom and Rey will go to the dark side.
I told her, that I don't think they will do that because of comments by the director himself. She finished the filming and is in the third act of the film.
Rey might go darkside. I just like to believe she and Kylo are going to say 'screw it' to their masters and possibly go rogue.... Wink Carve out a place for themselves in the universe.

She wasn't sure what to think about that.....hahahahaha!

My 8 year old watched Chewy and the Porg scene 5 times. She loves the porgs and chewy!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:15 pm

Speaking of the West Side Story references (@RandomObserver), guess who was a musical theater nerd in school? Like that was not being clever, that very intimately knowing the meaning

Now that the film has wrapped, Johnson can start thinking about other projects — perhaps a musical? “Oh my god, I would love to someday,” says Johnson (whose Twitter header is not Star Wars-related, but a photo from the 1960 Judy Holliday musical Bells are Ringing). “I was a musical theater kid in high school. And so I looooove musicals. Someday, hopefully. Maybe a Star Wars musical!”
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:22 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:I spoke to a friend of mine this morning about the trailer.  She is very GA, she is so excited to see this movie.  She actually texted me to tell me the trailer was coming on because she knows I hate football.  ha!  

Her first comments were:  It is going to be amazing and she can't wait to see it.  
Then she said:  I can't believe that Kylo will kill his mom and Rey will go to the dark side.
I told her, that I don't think they will do that because of comments by the director himself.  She finished the filming and is in the third act of the film.
Rey might go darkside.  I just like to believe she and Kylo are going to say 'screw it' to their masters and possibly go rogue.... Wink  Carve out a place for themselves in the universe.

My 8 year old watched Chewy and the Porg scene 5 times.  She loves the porgs and chewy!
@Birdwoman

It's beyond weird to me that people interpret that scene as Kylo actually going through with killing his mother.  Yes I know Kylo had tears in his eyes in both scenes, but in the trailer he looks like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  Do they not realize how redundant that would make Han's death?  It was completely take away the drama over it, as if this is just now something Kylo routinely does on the weekends.  Kylo NOT pulling the trigger because he can't bring himself to do it twice?  Now we're talking.  No way he pulls the trigger.  I remember back to the EW article where Rian said in TFA we saw cracks in Kylo's armor, and now in TLJ those cracks are ripped wide open.  I believe him!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:22 pm

@snufkin wrote:Speaking of the West Side Story references (@RandomObserver), guess who was a musical theater nerd in school? Like that was not being clever, that very intimately knowing the meaning

Now that the film has wrapped, Johnson can start thinking about other projects — perhaps a musical? “Oh my god, I would love to someday,” says Johnson (whose Twitter header is not Star Wars-related, but a photo from the 1960 Judy Holliday musical Bells are Ringing). “I was a musical theater kid in high school. And so I looooove musicals. Someday, hopefully. Maybe a Star Wars musical!”
@snufkin

I mean... they did make a Star Wars musical once:

But yeah, c'mon Rian, make a Star Wars musical with Lin-Manuel Miranda and "Weird Al" Yankovic.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:26 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:I spoke to a friend of mine this morning about the trailer.  She is very GA, she is so excited to see this movie.  She actually texted me to tell me the trailer was coming on because she knows I hate football.  ha!  

Her first comments were:  It is going to be amazing and she can't wait to see it.  
Then she said:  I can't believe that Kylo will kill his mom and Rey will go to the dark side.
I told her, that I don't think they will do that because of comments by the director himself.  She finished the filming and is in the third act of the film.
Rey might go darkside.  I just like to believe she and Kylo are going to say 'screw it' to their masters and possibly go rogue.... Wink  Carve out a place for themselves in the universe.

My 8 year old watched Chewy and the Porg scene 5 times.  She loves the porgs and chewy!
@Birdwoman

It's beyond weird to me that people interpret that scene as Kylo actually going through with killing his mother.  Yes I know Kylo had tears in his eyes in both scenes, but in the trailer he looks like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  Do they not realize how redundant that would make Han's death?  It was completely take away the drama over it, as if this is just now something Kylo routinely does on the weekends.  Kylo NOT pulling the trigger because he can't bring himself to do it twice?  Now we're talking.  No way he pulls the trigger.  I remember back to the EW article where Rian said in TFA we saw cracks in Kylo's armor, and now in TLJ those cracks are ripped wide open.  I believe him!
@IoJovi

Even my husband who likes to throw doubts at all of my theories, messaged me today after watching the trailer again and said "I don't think Ren will pull the trigger on his mom."

I was like "Hallelujah!" cheers
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:10 pm

Is this true that Breznican said this? isn't it supposed to be Kylo reaching out to Rey or Rey literally is gonna ask him and Luke dislikes this and blows the hut?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Tl4GogP
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:17 pm

@AceofWands wrote:On the " it's just a force vision"  theory by denialpress.

Right. So Rey is having force visions of Kylo???? And may I pray. Why exactly would that be the case?

They think the entire movie is a force vision, Rey is on 'shrooms, and Kylo just stomps around the hallways of the Finalizer.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:18 pm

All obvious reasons aside... I'm sure Kylo and Leia will meet at some point in TLJ- how is that suppose to happen if he pulls the trigger? And I don't believe in a million years he will kill her AFTER they met. No Qst

My husband (he is so clueless about Star Wars in general it's funny) saw the same things as me... and he watched the trailer while I was at work.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:22 pm

@snufkin wrote:Speaking of the West Side Story references (@RandomObserver), guess who was a musical theater nerd in school? Like that was not being clever, that very intimately knowing the meaning

@snufkin

Hearing that Rian was a musical theatre nerd in high school makes a huge amount of sense, given his personality. (I was a band nerd--there was ton of social overlap between the two groups.) And we know that Daisy is a musical theatre nerd--maybe he can direct her in a musical someday?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:22 pm

Re: Kylo pulling the trigger, either he won't be able to do it or the decision will be taken out of his hands - I imagine the entire scene is a big space fight and there are plenty of Resistance fighters around who could interfere. It could be that we're meant to see Kylo's conflict but not necessarily a major decisive action.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:22 pm

My GA newly-converted Reylo sister thinks Rey going to Kylo for training is sexy.

People. Are. Going. To. Eat. This. S***. Up.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:26 pm

@Iseeanisland - I was a student government and debate team nerd, which is why I roll my eyes over Padme. She’s very much that type. I wonder if this means we’ll finally get to hear Rey sing after JJ shot it down in the first movie.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:27 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:My GA newly-converted Reylo sister thinks Rey going to Kylo for training is sexy.

People. Are. Going. To. Eat. This. S***. Up.
@Xylo Ren

Well, that's because it is sexy. Dirty Dancing in the GFFA!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:42 pm

My sister has watched the trailer and thinks Rey will be very tempted to turn to the Dark Side, like Kylo once were.  Lonely, sad, unstable, raw power etc. And Kylo's redemption will partially be by bringing Rey back from this temptation upon realizing that he's being manipulated by Snoke, and she could end up on the same path as him. His compassion for Rey will then save him and she will understand him completely. Completing the balance.

I love when some of my own family is open minded for Reylo in general. YAY.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:44 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@AceofWands wrote:On the " it's just a force vision"  theory by denialpress.

Right. So Rey is having force visions of Kylo???? And may I pray. Why exactly would that be the case?

They think the entire movie is a force vision, Rey is on 'shrooms, and Kylo just stomps around the hallways of the Finalizer.
@Xylo Ren

Yeah, I was thinking this just now. They'll come out of TLJ thinking it was just imagination. At the end of IX, Luke wakes up and realizes it was a bad dream.

anyways... sorry for the people who don't enjoy negativity. I was just trying to do some research and I was actually baffled by the reaction. But it's just one step in the stages of grief.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 3 Model1

It's certainly a very dark sidey thing to enjoy other people's grief, but man, I don't know, the dark side is so awesome.

Last edited by AceofWands on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:44 pm

My latest theory after watching the trailer eleventy billion times.

When you hear Rey's voiceover at the beginning, there is no echo. When they make it look like she is speaking to Kylo at the end of the trailer, there is an echo. She is likely in a cave or hut. The Kylo shot looks like he is outside or by something burning/that just exploded. The earlier voiceover could be soundmixed to remove the echo but I don't know.

So I think the cave/hut convo could be to Kylo pre-hut explosion/force tree burning/whatever, or it could be to Luke. It's vague.
However, I think the hut explodes/fire/there is some incident, and Kylo gives Rey the "Let the past die. Kill it. If you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." speech to calm her down and also help her move forward. His voice is very calm and soft with this dialogue. There may be more. and then that is when he extends his hand.

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:50 pm

@Tex

Wow, Tex, this amazing!!!! I also let out a big scream!!! I didn't scream Reylo lives, though. But sure, that was the reaction.

AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:My latest theory after watching the trailer eleventy billion times.

When you hear Rey's voiceover at the beginning, there is no echo. When they make it look like she is speaking to Kylo at the end of the trailer, there is an echo. She is likely in a cave or hut. The Kylo shot looks like he is outside or by something burning/that just exploded. The earlier voiceover could be soundmixed to remove the echo but I don't know.

So I think the cave/hut convo could be to Kylo pre-hut explosion/force tree burning/whatever, or it could be to Luke. It's vague.
However, I think the hut explodes/fire/there is some incident, and Kylo gives Rey the "Let the past die. Kill it. If you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." speech to calm her down and also help her move forward. His voice is very calm and soft with this dialogue. There may be more. and then that is when he extends his hand.

@ReyofLightSide

Interesting. Kill the past could be literal and refer to her dark lineage Very Happy Also there is the Kylo from the first teaser that needs to be placed somewhere. It’s like a puzzle. Place Kylo in the right timeline spot according to his scar, cape or absence of, level of calm or absence of, etc.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:01 pm

@ReyofLightside - that would dovetail with one of JJ’s DVD comments about Rey’s inability to let go of Jakku because of her parents. Especially because she says “I need to know where I belong in all of this”

"And this whole idea of going back to Jakku, it’s sort of this throwaway thing, but it was really important to me. It was interesting, when I was working with Larry, it wasn’t as important to him, and I’m sure for a good reason. But for some reason, I needed to know that she expected to and wanted to go back. […] And this idea that she won’t share with him here is, of course, because she feels like the only belonging she’s ever going to have is her family and if she leaves she’ll never get a chance to see them. So there was a very powerful idea that what she desperately wanted was belonging, which she’ll get, but just not how she expects.”

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:01 pm

Something else I've been thinking about.

I know not everyone subscribes to the Force Bond theory, but I thought the editing of the trailer was interesting at the beginning when they make it sound like Snoke is talking to Kylo (doesn't matter the actual context, trailer showed him under Snoke's voice) saying "when I found you I saw raw, untamed power" and then he says he found "something truly special"....

And then it cuts to Rey.

Wondering if he saw in Kylo his future connection/bond/meeting with Rey and seduced Ben knowing he'd one day catch a bigger fish.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum