The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm

From what I saw Rey being the Chosen One is pretty common idea after the trailer. Raw powah, Anakin's lightsaber calling to her among evidence.

To me it doesn't make sense, since we had Anakin and he wasn't one, troubles still happened again. Rian's comments about Kylo, Rey and balance.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:16 pm

@DarthRen wrote:Looking at these lines over and over again. Together they might fit.

From Rey to Luke, speech that might finally convince him to train her.

"Something inside me has always been there. And now its awake. And I need help. I need someone to show me my place in all this."

Then.

These lines in the trailer that has been attributed/speculated to be directed or speaked of by Kylo/Ben: "Let the past die. Kill it. If you have to. That's the only way to become what you were meant to be." The more I listen to this, it might not be Kylo/Ben saying "Kill it." That voice sounds eerily like Snoke. Tbh Luke sounds a bit like Snoke or maybe I'm looking too mch into it. Also, I think it's entirely possible that "Let the past die," "If you have to," and "That's the only way to become what you were meant to be" are from different scenes.

I think dialog could really by twisted on purpose by them, hard to tell.
@DarthRen

Well, what's occurred to me is that, if Kylo actually speaks those lines, he has to be speaking them to Rey, unless he's got some other apprentice character we haven't heard about.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:19 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Something else I've been thinking about.

I know not everyone subscribes to the Force Bond theory, but I thought the editing of the trailer was interesting at the beginning when they make it sound like Snoke is talking to Kylo (doesn't matter the actual context, trailer showed him under Snoke's voice) saying "when I found you I saw raw, untamed power" and then he says he found "something truly special"....

And then it cuts to Rey.

Wondering if he saw in Kylo his future connection/bond/meeting with Rey and seduced Ben knowing he'd one day catch a bigger fish.
@Xylo Ren
I've been thinking... what if Snoke says that to Rey and Kylo?
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:24 pm

@snufkin wrote:@ReyofLightside - that would dovetail with one of JJ’s DVD comments about Rey’s inability to let go of Jakku because of her parents. Especially because she says “I need to know where I belong in all of this”

"And this whole idea of going back to Jakku, it’s sort of this throwaway thing, but it was really important to me. It was interesting, when I was working with Larry, it wasn’t as important to him, and I’m sure for a good reason. But for some reason, I needed to know that she expected to and wanted to go back. […] And this idea that she won’t share with him here is, of course, because she feels like the only belonging she’s ever going to have is her family and if she leaves she’ll never get a chance to see them. So there was a very powerful idea that what she desperately wanted was belonging, which she’ll get, but just not how she expects.”
@snufkin

“I need to know where I belong in all of this” >> "The belonging you seek is not behind you, it is ahead"
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:30 pm

He looks like Anakin here:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 4 Tumblr_oxl60atytz1v4cqgxo3_500
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:32 pm

Remember when Daisy was shocked by the script and went to talk to Rian? Surely she couldn't have been shocked by Reylo? She would have to know at least an overall arc that they end up together? What in TLJ shocks her?
Especially if they have shown some Reylo in the trailer, what is the bigger twist?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:32 pm

Wow, I find this trailer to be entertaining and intriguing on its own, regardless of the full film!  

Listening with headphones helped me hear new things.  Do I hear high operatic voices soaring over the scene of Rey igniting the light saber at 0:24? Also, is that a newish musical theme at 0:27 with the repetitious bass line followed by violins in a kind of 6/8?  John Williams is such a master of austere themes that are so stirring and emotional!
LadyHa
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:34 pm

Here's my incoherent blabbering about the trailer in 2k words (YOU KNOW ME). I probably have one or two smart things said here and there, but there's a lot of blabbering and squealing.

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com/post/166267806492/tlj-trailer-review-extravaganza-dont-read-this
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:37 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Remember when Daisy was shocked by the script and went to talk to Rian? Surely she couldn't have been shocked by Reylo? She would have to know at least an overall arc that they end up together? What in TLJ shocks her?
Especially if they have shown some Reylo in the trailer, what is the bigger twist?
@ReyofLightSide

I think they have general idea but it could be surprising for Daisy. How things move on, what she does and her personal thoughts.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:44 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Remember when Daisy was shocked by the script and went to talk to Rian? Surely she couldn't have been shocked by Reylo? She would have to know at least an overall arc that they end up together? What in TLJ shocks her?
@ReyofLightSide

Luke.

Or, if Rey's temper is on full display (as it sounds like the case that it might be from what @vaderito reported about a rumored scene from MSW), I could see Daisy being shocked by that.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:55 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

Luke.

Or, if Rey's temper is on full display (as it sounds like the case that it might be from what @vaderito reported about a rumored scene from MSW), I could see Daisy being shocked by that.
@ISeeAnIsland

I really love this concept of Rye being so powerful because there were a lot of complains that by making Rey so powerful at the beginning of the saga they're turning her into a Mery Sue but what TLJ will show is that her having these strong,raw powers is essential to her arc because while these powers can be a blessing to Rey at the same time they'll also isolate her from the people she cares about like it's happening with Luke because they won't be able to understand and help her. Kylo is the only person who would be able to understand her and train her properly because instead of being afraid he seems to be in awe of her powers but is also aware that by being untrained she has the potential to be very dangerous.I also think that Kylo helping her control her powers will prevent her from going DS like it happened with Kylo and achieving balance in the process.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

Luke.

@ISeeAnIsland

Are we talking about their hut scene or some different scene?
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

I keep forgetting to mention this!

Shockingly, my 5-year-old's favorite scene from the trailer WASN'T Chewie and the Porg, but actually Kylo smashing his mask!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

@ReyofLightside - yup. And when Maz dishes out the tough love about her family never coming back and belonging is ahead, Rey has her breakdown about both her family/abandonment and WTF is happening to me? Which gets interrupted by the arrival of the guy who awakens her Powers big time.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:05 pm

Another cool reaction video. I think that's actually what most of the GA is feeling right now.

People love it.

Collective cheer!!! cheers cheers
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:08 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I keep forgetting to mention this!

Shockingly, my 5-year-old's favorite scene from the trailer WASN'T Chewie and the Porg, but actually Kylo smashing his mask!
@ISeeAnIsland

Your daughter has excellent taste. During that scene I yelled, “I knew it was him that did it!” Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:13 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I keep forgetting to mention this!

@ISeeAnIsland

Most 5 years old will take something like that over cuteness. I've never seen a more attentive audience of children than when I watched Avatar. Kids are usually restless when they watch Marvel and animated movies. But Avatar kept them mesmerized. So Kylo Smash makes sense.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:14 pm

My mom loves Kylo/Leia scenes and weirdly Snoke. I had a suspicious feeling that mom is a Dark Side fan, this proves it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

ok, so PlotGate has just died. Remember Kylo's car purr Force sound? They said they wanted him to be raw and primal. Rey's got a heartbeat Force sound so that's raw and rpimal too. Now we find out they have Raw Powah. That's all connected. There is no PlotGate. On the contrary, at least when it comes to Raw Powah Couple, plot is as tight as ever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

This will be my final mean post.

I was watching some reaction videos, and yes, a lot of people cheered. But some people's face just got frozen and their faces went blank.

It was as if they weren't seeing it. It must have been a shock.

Imagine, the trailer was surprising for us, I can't wrap around my head on what it must have felt for people who had completely different expectations for the ST. So it's interesting. Some funny faces.

But the trailer is a winner and had very positive responses.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:25 pm

@AceofWands wrote:This will be my final mean post.

I was watching some reaction videos, and yes, a lot of people cheered. But some people's face just got frozen and their faces went blank.

It was as if they weren't seeing it. It must have been a shock.

Imagine, the trailer was surprising for us, I can't wrap around my head on what it must have felt for people who had completely different expectations for the ST. So it's interesting. Some funny faces.

But the trailer is a winner and had very positive responses.
@AceofWands

I still maintain that Kate Hudson’s was still the absolute best. She was basically me last night. Laughing

@vaderito You can poke holes in Plotgate all day long. From Daisy to knowing who Rey’s parents are to Adam needing a synopsis of his entire arc for the whole trilogy before he’d sign on, there are so many things that point to it all being a fabricated gimmick. The authors panel at DragonCon pretty much sealed it for me - storytelling within LF is a collective effort, and Rian, as much as I adore him absolutely did not have free reign in to go in whatever direction he wanted to go in.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:28 pm

@IoJovi Rian never said he was given a free reign. It was a misquote. he said he had the same freedom like on his other projects and that doesn't mean total freedom, just that he wasn't more limited and micromanaged than usual. But people took it as free reign of director's whim. It's like when Daisy said that she thought TFA answered a lot (about Rey's parentage) but that got misquoted as "Rey's parentage is obvious in TFA".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

It's funny to see my friends as opposed to my family saying Rey will never accept his proposal to teach her, he killed Han and romance? Hell no, not a time and she's better on her own.

I think the exact line was wannabe Vader boy is trying to turn her and use her. lol!
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm

@vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Rian never said he was given a free reign. It was a misquote. he said he had the same freedom like on his other projects and that doesn't mean total freedom, just that he wasn't more limited and micromanaged than usual. But people took it as free reign of director's whim. It's like when Daisy said that she thought TFA answered a lot (about Rey's parentage) but that got misquoted as "Rey's parentage is obvious in TFA".
@vaderito

There’s been several tweets from Rian directly where he says he was given complete creative control. I believe his intention to get people to think the ST is written in a way to similar to the “continue the stories” we played as kids as a creative writing exercise.  I think the intention is to make it appear that these stories write themselves.  Honestly that’s a very Disney thing to do - they want to make you believe there’s a magical element to all of this.  I’m not defending it or saying it’s right or wrong, but just trying to convey what I believe their thought process is by putting something like that out there.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Rian never said he was given a free reign. It was a misquote. he said he had the same freedom like on his other projects and that doesn't mean total freedom, just that he wasn't more limited and micromanaged than usual. But people took it as free reign of director's whim. It's like when Daisy said that she thought TFA answered a lot (about Rey's parentage) but that got misquoted as "Rey's parentage is obvious in TFA".
@vaderito

There’s been several tweets from Rian directly where he says he was given complete creative control. I believe his intention to get people to think the ST is written in a way to similar to the “continue the stories” we played as kids as a creative writing exercise.  I think the intention is to make it appear that these stories write themselves.  Honestly that’s a very Disney thing to do - they want to make you believe there’s a magical element to all of this.  I’m not defending it or saying it’s right or wrong, but just trying to convey what I believe their thought process is by putting something like that out there.
@IoJovi

I see. Well, we know that they can't write on a whim no matter what they say. And Raw Powah is one of proofs. It was set up in TFA (no Force Users but Rey and Kylo have the Force sound) and now continues in TLJ. I hope their scenes are great. I also don't think they are only going to be doom and gloom. There are Porgs on that planet so you know there will be levity.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum