The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:06 am

@Mana wrote:When can we expect the international trailer?.
Very Happy I know it's only been a week since the first one, but LF spoiled us so much with all that wonderful content, I'm getting a little too greedy.
@Mana

It seems the international trailer for TFA was released some 18 days after the trailer.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:10 am

@Mana wrote:When can we expect the international trailer?.
Very Happy I know it's only been a week since the first one, but LF spoiled us so much with all that wonderful content, I'm getting a little too greedy.
@Mana

My idea is probably at the end of October or beginning of November.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:54 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:All speculations aside- Maybe those words were only recorded for the trailer? Confus
@Night Huntress

I hope not because I want to see gentle Kylo and his princess Rey in an intimate moment.

Gimme those lines Rian! Jumping
@DarthRen

Totally! Me too! Maybe they were spoken, but they changed it slightly not to give too much away?

I love AD voice by the way... I'm already mad I have to watch it in german at first. His synchronized voice just doesn't have the same debt.
@Night Huntress

Maybe slightly but point is the same.

I love anything AD tbh, one of my favourite actors after TFA. Always looking at his movies Patterson, Silence, Logan Lucky or tv series Girls. He has otherworldly charisma, voice. I don't understand how people say he's ugly or something. He's not your stereotypical Hollywood pretty boy and that might people dislike.
@DarthRen

I have to hang my head in shame on this one. I was one of those people who didn't think AD was good looking enough, but after watching TFA a million times he's really grown on me and considered one of my favorite actors; now I honestly can't see anyone else playing Kylo Ren! He's got that certain charm about him that just makes him so lovable compared to most of Hollywood. On top of the things he does for our military. I also learned that his hometown is only a couple hours from me here in Indiana! Very Happy
@nite0wl29

Yay! Another Midwesterner! :-)
@SoloSideCousin

haha yes! Very Happy there's a lot more of us out there than I realized
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 8:44 am

I'm starting to think Rey might ditch Luke and Kylo, go with Snoke. Daisy was nervous how audience will react to Rey's choices. We could see their as Kylo's and Rey's bond being deeper but what if that hand gesture will not go a we initually think it will.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:00 am

@DarthRen wrote:I'm starting to think Rey might ditch Luke and Kylo, go with Snoke. Daisy was nervous how audience will react to Rey's choices. We could see their as Kylo's and Rey's bond being deeper but what if that hand gesture will not go a we initually think it will.
@DarthRen

I just can't believe she will turn to DS, IMO that would be almost like Rey Skywalker, another jedi/protagonist turn to DS... I just don't believe )) she thought Kylo is monster and will go to Snoke? for what reason?

I think Daisy was nervous about Reylo, how audience will react to THAT choice of Rey Smile
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:24 am

@DarthRen wrote:I'm starting to think Rey might ditch Luke and Kylo, go with Snoke. Daisy was nervous how audience will react to Rey's choices. We could see their as Kylo's and Rey's bond being deeper but what if that hand gesture will not go a we initually think it will.
@DarthRen

I tend to agree with @anakin skywalker -
I think she's nervous because she's exposed to all corners of the fandom in ways we are not; we insulate ourselves here on this board, on Tumblr, etc. So, we "know" that the GA doesn't like Kylo and is surprised by the trailer, and they probably didn't get the Reylo vibe like so many of you did. It took me a year and a half. (I'm much more GA than I thought!)
So, yeah...I kind of think it has more to do with her choosing to work with Kylo in some capasity as opposed to Snoke. At least, that's my hope. My fervent hope to which I shall cling until proven otherwise.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:30 am

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:I'm starting to think Rey might ditch Luke and Kylo, go with Snoke. Daisy was nervous how audience will react to Rey's choices. We could see their as Kylo's and Rey's bond  being deeper but what if that hand gesture will not go a we initually think it will.
@DarthRen

I just can't believe she will turn to DS, IMO that would be almost like Rey Skywalker, another jedi/protagonist turn to DS... I just don't believe )) she thought Kylo is monster and will go to Snoke? for what reason?

I think Daisy was nervous about Reylo, how audience will react to THAT choice of Rey Smile
@Anakin Skywalker

Rey won't go with Snoke unless there's a really good reason for it.  And not because she wants to go Dark Side.

Also Daisy wasn't nervous about Reylo. Most likely about Rey attacking Luke. Reylo is not so controversial as you might think. But going ape sh*t on Luke Skywalker would be.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:47 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:I'm starting to think Rey might ditch Luke and Kylo, go with Snoke. Daisy was nervous how audience will react to Rey's choices. We could see their as Kylo's and Rey's bond  being deeper but what if that hand gesture will not go a we initually think it will.
@DarthRen

@Anakin Skywalker

Rey won't go with Snoke unless there's a really good reason for it.  And not because she wants to go Dark Side.

Also Daisy wasn't nervous about Reylo. Most likely about Rey attacking Luke. Reylo is not so controversial as you might think. But going ape sh*t on Luke Skywalker would be.
@Rei of Sunshine

Right, didn't she like a few reylo fan arts on instagram back when she was on social media, calling one of them beautiful? And Gary Fisher follows some instagram Reylo accounts, even back when Carrie was still alive.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:51 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

Hm, I think it may be because of both? But I'm sure the GA never saw it coming...not even Rey & Kylo teaming up for any reason.
I sure didn't back when I first saw TFA- I also expected Rey to be Lukes daughter. That's why I hated it so much. I remember saying if we'll get a "Rey I'm your father" Moment in Episode 8 I gonna build my own super weapon to blow up LF and Disney with one shot Evil

I started to open up to the new canon and sequels when I realized that most certainly won't be the case.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:56 am

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@DarthRen

@Anakin Skywalker

It's not about goind fully to DS but more likely being prone to it. Especially, if she has DS background or if Snoke simply know about her. I don't believe Rey will fully go to DS, but I wouldn't underestimate Snoke's skills of being a good manipulator.

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@DarthRen

@Anakin Skywalker

@Rei of Sunshine

What if Snoke knows her background, Rey is prone to DS? There are way for him to lure her because she desperately wants to know her background and how to tame these powers. Snoke is a maipulator, he lured Ben with his sweet talking.

@SheLitAFire

Daisy liked also FinnRey stuff. She mentioned in one interview that she likes how fasn are invested in it and I'm sure she appreaciates any fanart. She was right, that art she liked was truly beautiful.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:04 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:
@DarthRen

I think she's nervous because she's exposed to all corners of the fandom in ways we are not; we insulate ourselves here on this board, on Tumblr, etc. So, we "know" that the GA doesn't like Kylo and is surprised by the trailer, and they probably didn't get the Reylo vibe like so many of you did. It took me a year and a half. (I'm much more GA than I thought!)
So, yeah...I kind of think it has more to do with her choosing to work with Kylo in some capasity as opposed to Snoke. At least, that's my hope. My fervent hope to which I shall cling until proven otherwise.
@PalmettoBlue

agree
+I think Kylo being in middle of dark and light is enough plot and suddenly, for no reasons Rey becoming DS has no sense )))

I must say PROUDLY that I was Reylo since I saw TFA, I even remember waiting their meeting, I sensed it before Kylo and Rey even met H-beating
I just knew, because I saw Kylo as a "that kind villain" who eventually becomes popular, beloved complex character and that kind "bad guys" often "get the girl" ))) maybe I just watch to many movies/tv shows Very Happy
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:09 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:
@DarthRen

@PalmettoBlue

It could be Kylo (connection to him) and then Snoke. Rey choices could be really questionable.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:19 am

I can see her being prone to the dark side; she's already resisted the darkness like Luke did in RotJ. To me if she was to go full blown dark it would defeat the purpose of Kylo and Rey being 2 halves of something. Then we have the new Shakespeare novel saying "Come Kylo Ren, feel the light of Rey." What would be the purpose of him going towards her light for her to turn dark? I think between the two of them they'll find a way to balance both sides. Or that's just my Revan/Bastila head canon talking Very Happy
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:20 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@DarthRen

@Anakin Skywalker

@Rei of Sunshine

Agree with this. I don't think that Rey would go dark that easily even if she has the potential. I have readrecently an interesting post about Rey's background. It was about her life  on Jakku prior to TFA.The person points out how much Rey has this ability to forgive to people she could easily hate: the persons who abandoned her, her "friends" who stole her ship to leave on Jakku, UnkarPlutt himself...Too bad that Ican't find this post anymore. Anyway, this forgiveness was also emphasized by Carrie herself (Rey is very forgiving!). And the serie Forces of Destiny show how she has compassion for a poor creature that starves and thus gives it something to it instead of BB8. I don't mean that it is impossible to have Rey crossing the line but I doubt she would do it on her own will. And I agree that she could potentially attack Luke or even "betray" him if their relationship goes wrong.

Still, I tend to think that Daisy was nervous about Reylo because when i see the different reactions of people to the final shots, there are a lot of them who react with genuine surprise and skepticism about this.  In any other trailer, I am pretty sure that most people would have come to that conclusion: "Oh! Here is an attractive girl who wants to find a place to belong! Oh! Here is an attractive guy who reaches out to her with his hand and puppy eyes! They'll surely form a romantic pairing in that movie.. I am always surprised to see that a lot of people seem to be in the dark about a potential love relationship although they probably felt the romantic vibe of that moment  but maybe found it inappropriate.

Aside from Reylos shippers, these are the reactionsto the infamous hand offer that I personally saw the most often:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Tenor310
WHAAAATTT????
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Tenor13
WTF is going on there?
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Tenor110
It's not fair! The scene are edited
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Tenor210
Oh s***! Rey is gonna turn to the DS!

And I have haven't seen any reaction like :
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Tenor410
...the heroine and the antagonist truly fall in love and find a place to belong together

And when people get the romantic vibe of the gesture, some react like this:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 37 Tenor510

So I don't think that Reylo is natural for the GA. Really I am very surprised to see how much people seem to forget this option asif it was out of question either because of the lineage or because of the patricide.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:23 am

@nite0wl29 wrote:I can see her being prone to the dark side; she's already resisted the darkness like Luke did in RotJ. To me if she was to go full blown dark it would defeat the purpose of Kylo and Rey being 2 halves of something. Then we have the new Shakespeare novel saying "Come Kylo Ren, feel the light of Rey." What would be the purpose of him going towards her light for her to turn dark? I think between the two of them they'll find a way to balance both sides. Or that's just my Revan/Bastila head canon talking Very Happy
@nite0wl29

You know Yin and Yang are two halves. Dark with a little bit of Light and Light with a little bit of Dark. We know who is who in this scenario. If Kylo has constantly pull to the Light no matter what, it's possible that Rey might have a pull to the Dark. Doesn't mean either of them will end up in those places, it's a part of the balance. That was my point. Kylo's and Rey's temptation could mirror each other.

Kylo pull to the Light, to his family. Rey pull to the Dark and to her family, If she has DS parents or someone connected.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:25 am

maybe she first agrees to meet Snoke because he promises her some big reveal about her past or parents whatever- BUT it will end badly (torturing scene) - Kylo rescues her and that leads somehow to his speech we hear in the trailer? "..let the past die, kill it if you have.. and so on"

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:27 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:I can see her being prone to the dark side; she's already resisted the darkness like Luke did in RotJ. To me if she was to go full blown dark it would defeat the purpose of Kylo and Rey being 2 halves of something. Then we have the new Shakespeare novel saying "Come Kylo Ren, feel the light of Rey." What would be the purpose of him going towards her light for her to turn dark? I think between the two of them they'll find a way to balance both sides. Or that's just my Revan/Bastila head canon talking Very Happy
@nite0wl29

You know Yin and Yang are two halves. Dark with a little bit of Light and Light with a little bit of Dark. We know who is who in this scenario. If Kylo has constantly pull to the Light no matter what, it's possible that Rey might have a pull to the Dark. Doesn't mean either of them will end up in those places, it's a part of the balance. That was my point. Kylo's and Rey's temptation could mirror each other.

Kylo pull to the Light, to his family. Rey pull to the Dark and to her family, If she has DS parents or someone connected.
@DarthRen

Okay that makes sense! I'm trying to figure out where they're going with that then. Would it be more of both being like force reapers? One needing to fuel off the other? Maybe reaper isn't the word I'm looking for there, but for one to project their light when the other is feeling a pull to the dark, vice-versa

Last edited by nite0wl29 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:30 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

Hm, I think it may be because of both? But I'm sure the GA never saw it coming...not even Rey & Kylo teaming up for any reason.
I sure didn't back when I first saw TFA- I also expected Rey to be Lukes daughter. That's why I hated it so much. I remember saying if we'll get a "Rey I'm your father" Moment in Episode 8 I gonna build my own super weapon to blow up LF and Disney with one shot Evil

I started to open up to the new canon and sequels when I realized that most certainly won't be the case.

@Night Huntress

You'd be surprised by the number of people who think Reylo would be 'too predictable' after TFA

Daisy spent time with Carrie Fisher a lot. Carrie who told Daisy to prepare herself about becoming a masturbation fantasy for boys 12 yrs and up. Carrie who told Daisy all about her space kiss. I don't think Daisy is shy about the idea of Rey hooking up with Kylo, because surely Carrie saw it coming.

Daisy was very supportive of shipping, and is aware that she will have an LI sooner or later.

It's most likely the choices Rey will make regarding Luke that could alienate her from the majority of fans. Turning her back against Luke or hurting him would offend lots of old school fans and probably get Rey some hate. Especially now that she obviously isn't his kid.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:05 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
It's most likely the choices  Rey will make regarding Luke that could alienate her from the majority of fans. Turning her back against Luke or hurting him would offend lots of old school fans and probably get Rey some hate. Especially now that she obviously isn't his kid.
@Rei of Sunshine

Yeah- but I'm sure she won't attack Luke without good reason. Either he is going to attack her first, or he want to prevent her from leaving... or - it's unlikely but possible - she defends Kylo or wants to leave with him.

Even the hardcore Luke- Fans has to realize at some point that Luke is off and not really himself anymore... to blame a fictional character for a choice the story-team or RJ made is stupid. - On the other hand... they "blame" Kylo for killing Han.
It was clear Harrison Ford wanted his character killed off and didn't want to make another SW sequel after TFA- so he had to die somehow anyway.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:23 am

guys, I wonder how all the other fans are so out, I watch some reactions, some discussions and all those people are like new in SW universe, they have so wrong ideas, it's like they watch but they can't see...
I understand that not everyone can "see" or "receive idea" of Reylo, but other stuff?
for example (and there are many others like them, they are big fans but it's like they completely can't see through, actually these guys are experts compare to others which I saw):

all these people with their "understanding" plot and SW in general are just like newcomers compare to this forum and you guys, here you (we) talk things so deep, theories, details and they even can't understand who are main characters, what is main theme/story and will Kylo kill Leia or not... it's just funny )))
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:40 am

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:guys, I wonder how all the other fans are so out, I watch some reactions, some discussions and all those people are like new in SW universe, they have so wrong ideas, it's like they watch but they can't see...
I understand that not everyone can "see" or "receive idea" of Reylo, but other stuff?
for example (and there are many others like them, they are big fans but it's like they completely can't see through, actually these guys are experts compare to others which I saw):

all these people with their "understanding" plot and SW in general are just like newcomers compare to this forum and you guys, here you (we) talk things so deep, theories, details and they even can't understand who are main characters, what is main theme/story and will Kylo kill Leia or not... it's just funny )))
@Anakin Skywalker

This was actually one of the better reaction videos I've seen. I was expecting them to bash Kylo or just dwell on the fact that the last scene was editted to mislead. They actually discussed the possibility of Rey and Kylo working together.

Thing is, they're not stupid, however, as they represent themselves as a fan talk show for nerds, they will consider all possible and available options for a discussion to cater to the wider audience. They might not have talked about Reylo, but they were not opposed to the idea of Rey and Kylo teaming up.

They talk about general Star Wars stuff. We here talk about a very specific topic and how the other plot points affec that topic (Reylo). So naturally, their discussion will be different from ours.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:40 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

You'd be surprised by the number of people who think Reylo would be 'too predictable' after TFA

Daisy spent time with Carrie Fisher a lot. Carrie who told Daisy to prepare herself about becoming a masturbation fantasy for boys 12 yrs and up. Carrie who told Daisy all about her space kiss. I don't think Daisy is shy about the idea of Rey hooking up with Kylo, because surely Carrie saw it coming.

Daisy was very supportive of shipping, and is aware that she will have an LI sooner or later.

It's most likely the choices Rey will make regarding Luke that could alienate her from the majority of fans. Turning her back against Luke or hurting him would offend lots of old school fans and probably get Rey some hate. Especially now that she obviously isn't his kid.
@Rei of Sunshine

For sure Carrie warned Daisy not to fall in love on set and also other lessons. I remember Carrie talking to Daisy about being mastubration fantasy for 12 od guys on Graham Norton Show when she told her story of one guy coming to her and telling her how much he loved her from 1 to 22. Like 4x times a day.

Where did you heard they talked about a space kiss? i'm not sure how Daisy is about kissing in a movie and hooking up with Kylo. Daisy is open minded to many things, it's her job too so whatever scripts come up with.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:46 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Rei of Sunshine

For sure Carrie warned Daisy not to fall in love on set and also other lessons. I remember Carrie talking to Daisy about being mastubration fantasy for 12 od guys on Graham Norton Show when she told her story of one guy coming to her and telling her how much he loved her from 1 to 22. Like 4x times a day.

Where did you heard they talked about a space kiss? i'm not sure how Daisy is about kissing in a movie and hooking up with Kylo. Daisy is open minded to many things, it's her job too so whatever scripts come up with.
@DarthRen

Well, technically Anakin/Padme hooked up...Han/Leia hooked up...I imagine if they'll want this Skywalker story to last for years to come we'll definitely need some mini Skywalkers running around at some point Wink or are we talking about the actors themselves?
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

Same interview I think or on Jimmy Kimmel.

Daisy is an actress, ofc kissing is part of the job.

My main point here is I don't see why you guys would think that Daisy if affraid of how fans will react to Reylo. She's not some precious ingenue who's sensitive to what *** say on social media about her running off into the binary sunset with a patricidal murderer in space. She's been topless on a TV show, and is playing the mastermind murderer in an upcoming movie. Daisy can take on a villainxhero romance anytime.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum