The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 38 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:47 am

I didn't realize this was thing to film yourself watching the trailer. Last night, I started to watch a few of the reaction trailers and I found it hilarious at the confused looks on the fan boys faces at the end of the trailer. A lot of them didn't even know what to think....

my real life Star wars fans, whom happen to be male, I don't believe even picked up on the dynamic and UST in TFA between Kylo and Rey. They just think Kylo is evil, will probably kill his mom and fight Rey. My one friend posted after the trailer dropped that it looks like Kylo is going to kill Leia. I did tell him, that she was in the third act of the film and I doubt they would do a repeat of kill your parent.

This is why I love this forum and certain podcasts. I have learned so much about literature and tropes here than I ever did in college.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:55 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:guys, I wonder how all the other fans are so out, I watch some reactions, some discussions and all those people are like new in SW universe, they have so wrong ideas, it's like they watch but they can't see...
I understand that not everyone can "see" or "receive idea" of Reylo, but other stuff?
for example (and there are many others like them, they are big fans but it's like they completely can't see through, actually these guys are experts compare to others which I saw):

all these people with their "understanding" plot and SW in general are just like newcomers compare to this forum and you guys, here you (we) talk things so deep, theories, details and they even can't understand who are main characters, what is main theme/story and will Kylo kill Leia or not... it's just funny )))
@Anakin Skywalker

This was actually one of the better reaction videos I've seen. I was expecting them to bash Kylo or just dwell on the fact that the last scene was editted to mislead. They actually discussed the possibility of Rey and Kylo working together.

Thing is, they're not stupid, however, as they represent themselves as a fan talk show for nerds, they will consider all possible and available options for a discussion to cater to the wider audience. They might not have talked about Reylo, but they were not opposed to the idea of Rey and Kylo teaming up.

They talk about general Star Wars stuff. We here talk about a very specific topic and how the other plot points affec that topic (Reylo). So naturally, their discussion will be different from ours.
@Rei of Sunshine

yes, that is the best discussion, and that's the point... maybe I get used to read this forum and deep discussions, details and because of that all others seems very superficial. It's not only Reylo thing, how can someone think that Kylo may really kill Leia, or that Finn-Poe are main characters with Rey, like Luke-Leia-Han? and many things like that...
IDK maybe I'm subjective here ))
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:58 am

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Also Daisy wasn't nervous about Reylo. Most likely about Rey attacking Luke. Reylo is not so controversial as you might think. But going ape sh*t on Luke Skywalker would be.
@Rei of Sunshine

Hm, I think it may be because of both? But I'm sure the GA never saw it coming...not even Rey & Kylo teaming up for any reason.
I sure didn't back when I first saw TFA- I also expected Rey to be Lukes daughter. That's why I hated it so much. I remember saying if we'll get a "Rey I'm your father" Moment in Episode 8 I gonna build my own super weapon to blow up LF and Disney with one shot Evil

I started to open up to the new canon and sequels when I realized that most certainly won't be the case.

@Night Huntress

You'd be surprised by the number of people who think Reylo would be 'too predictable' after TFA

Daisy spent time with Carrie Fisher a lot. Carrie who told Daisy to prepare herself about becoming a masturbation fantasy for boys 12 yrs and up. Carrie who told Daisy all about her space kiss. I don't think Daisy is shy about the idea of Rey hooking up with Kylo, because surely Carrie saw it coming.

Daisy was very supportive of shipping, and is aware that she will have an LI sooner or later.

It's most likely the choices Rey will make regarding Luke that could alienate her from the majority of fans. Turning her back against Luke or hurting him would offend lots of old school fans and probably get Rey some hate. Especially now that she obviously isn't his kid.
@Rei of Sunshine

For sure Carrie warned Daisy not to fall in love on set and also other lessons. I remember Carrie talking to Daisy about being mastubration fantasy for 12 od guys on Graham Norton Show when she told her story of one guy coming to her and telling her how much he loved her from 1 to 22. Like 4x times a day.

Where did you heard they talked about a space kiss? i'm not sure how Daisy is about kissing in a movie and hooking up with Kylo. Daisy is open minded to many things, it's her job too so whatever scripts come up with.
@DarthRen

Well, technically Anakin/Padme hooked up...Han/Leia hooked up...I imagine if they'll want this Skywalker story to last for years to come we'll definitely need some mini Skywalkers running around at some point Wink or are we talking about the actors themselves?
@nite0wl29

Well both, Carrie and Harrison you know. I think Carrie warned Daisy in general about it, how some people tend to make Leia sexual object based on her costume from ROTJ. Carrie had a fai share of struggles and had to overcome them.

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Also Daisy wasn't nervous about Reylo. Most likely about Rey attacking Luke. Reylo is not so controversial as you might think. But going ape sh*t on Luke Skywalker would be.
@Rei of Sunshine

Hm, I think it may be because of both? But I'm sure the GA never saw it coming...not even Rey & Kylo teaming up for any reason.
I sure didn't back when I first saw TFA- I also expected Rey to be Lukes daughter. That's why I hated it so much. I remember saying if we'll get a "Rey I'm your father" Moment in Episode 8 I gonna build my own super weapon to blow up LF and Disney with one shot Evil

I started to open up to the new canon and sequels when I realized that most certainly won't be the case.

@Night Huntress

You'd be surprised by the number of people who think Reylo would be 'too predictable' after TFA

Daisy spent time with Carrie Fisher a lot. Carrie who told Daisy to prepare herself about becoming a masturbation fantasy for boys 12 yrs and up. Carrie who told Daisy all about her space kiss. I don't think Daisy is shy about the idea of Rey hooking up with Kylo, because surely Carrie saw it coming.

Daisy was very supportive of shipping, and is aware that she will have an LI sooner or later.

It's most likely the choices Rey will make regarding Luke that could alienate her from the majority of fans. Turning her back against Luke or hurting him would offend lots of old school fans and probably get Rey some hate. Especially now that she obviously isn't his kid.
@Rei of Sunshine

For sure Carrie warned Daisy not to fall in love on set and also other lessons. I remember Carrie talking to Daisy about being mastubration fantasy for 12 od guys on Graham Norton Show when she told her story of one guy coming to her and telling her how much he loved her from 1 to 22. Like 4x times a day.

Where did you heard they talked about a space kiss? i'm not sure how Daisy is about kissing in a movie and hooking up with Kylo. Daisy is open minded to many things, it's her job too so whatever scripts come up with.
@DarthRen

Same interview I think or on Jimmy Kimmel.

Daisy is an actress, ofc kissing is part of the job.

My main point here is I don't see why you guys would think that Daisy if affraid of how fans will react to Reylo. She's not some precious ingenue who's sensitive to what *** say on social media about her running off into the binary sunset with a patricidal murderer in space. She's been topless on a TV show, and is playing the mastermind murderer in an upcoming movie. Daisy can take on a villainxhero romance anytime.
@Rei of Sunshine

On how people will react to it, because Reylo is highly controversial in some circles. I know a lot of OT ans. All of these actors are protectors of teir character and they care how people view them. Hence why being nervous, her interview with Mark.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:16 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

Well, technically Anakin/Padme hooked up...Han/Leia hooked up...I imagine if they'll want this Skywalker story to last for years to come we'll definitely need some mini Skywalkers running around at some point Wink or are we talking about the actors themselves?
@nite0wl29

Well both, Carrie and Harrison you know. I think Carrie warned Daisy in general about it, how some people tend to make Leia sexual object based on her costume from ROTJ. Carrie had a fai share of struggles and had to overcome them.

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

My main point here is I don't see why you guys would think that Daisy if affraid of how fans will react to Reylo. She's not some precious ingenue who's sensitive to what *** say on social media about her running off into the binary sunset with a patricidal murderer in space. She's been topless on a TV show, and is playing the mastermind murderer in an upcoming movie. Daisy can take on a villainxhero romance anytime.
@Rei of Sunshine

On how people will react to it, because Reylo is highly controversial in some circles. I know a lot of OT ans. All of these actors are protectors of teir character and they care how people view them. Hence why being nervous, her interview with Mark.
@DarthRen

I agree on OT fans being protective, even more so with Han but now that he's gone they're gonna hang onto Luke. I like how Mark Hamill said that this new trilogy is no longer about Luke's story; it's about the story of the new characters. It's gonna be hard for the OT diehards to let go of their favorite characters and welcome this new generation. Especially being accepting of Reylo when Han was offed by Kylo. Of course they're gonna hold a grudge against his character when they don't see the overall big picture as to why his death was set up this way.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:18 pm

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

@nite0wl29

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

@Night Huntress

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

@Rei of Sunshine

@DarthRen

I agree on OT fans being protective, even more so with Han but now that he's gone they're gonna hang onto Luke. I like how Mark Hamill said that this new trilogy is no longer about Luke's story; it's about the story of the new characters. It's gonna be hard for the OT diehards to let go of their favorite characters and welcome this new generation. Especially being accepting of Reylo when Han was offed by Kylo. Of course they're gonna hold a grudge against his character when they don't see the overall big picture as to why his death was set up this way.
@nite0wl29

Anything Kylo is controversial. They have their ideals and Kylo is a evil character not worth it.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

This thought just popped up...

About that scene where Kylo picks up his lightsaber from the floor of Snoke's throne room...

What if Snoke always makes Kylo place his LS on the floor as he enters the throne room before he allows him to approach the throne?

It's a small detail that shows so much. How Snoke subjugates Kylo on a normal basis. Also it could be a form of self defense. Sure Kylo could easily call his LS to his hand, but that's what the Praets are there for, just in case.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:This thought just popped up...

About that scene where Kylo picks up his lightsaber from the floor of Snoke's throne room...

What if Snoke always makes Kylo place his LS on the floor as he enters the throne room before he allows him to approach the throne?

It's a small detail that shows so much. How Snoke subjugates Kylo on a normal basis. Also it could be a form of self defense. Sure Kylo could easily call his LS to his hand, but that's what the Praets are there for, just in case.
@Rei of Sunshine

Possible but I still have reservations about that being the same scene as the preceding helmet one. Doesn't line up correctly and the helmeted Kylo seems to be kneeling. So doubtful that he moves few steps and then picks up the saber. the background doesn't match.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:49 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:This thought just popped up...

@Rei of Sunshine

Possible but I still have reservations about that being the same scene as the preceding helmet one. Doesn't line up correctly and the helmeted Kylo seems to be kneeling. So doubtful that he moves few steps and then picks up the saber. the background doesn't match.
@vaderito

I understand. Not really saying it's the same scene with the helmet. I'm just wondering for what purpose does his lightsaber lie on the ground at anytime. His hand movement seems slow and calm, so it's probably before Rey's torture.

For me, I'd like to see Snoke make Kylo do just that. It shows how he still fears being cut up by Kylo with a lightsaber.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:52 pm

I'm sorry but as a Catholic, seeing a priest react to the TLJ trailer is simultaneously hilarious and awesome:

Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 1:56 pm

@Irina de France wrote:I'm sorry but as a Catholic, seeing a priest react to the TLJ trailer is simultaneously hilarious and awesome:

@Irina de France

OMG, this guy is amazing! it's nothing like he expected it and he loves it! Yay for people who can let go off headcanons and just enjoy the movie! cheers

he's still in for more surprises cause it isn't what he thinks that's happening with Leia.

@rei of Sunshine I agree with you that the saber on ground is some form of humiliation. Someone tossed it on the floor dismissively or he was disarmed or whatever. I'm just questioning the actual scene cause it's edited as the part of the helmet scene but background doesn't line up. It lines up with Sney. So I'm wondering if the scene is in the beginning where Snoke humiliates him or later where he maybe turns against Snoke. It isn't a misdirect to edit 2 different ones cause the message is that he's struggling with humilation and identity.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 2:21 pm

@Irina de France wrote:I'm sorry but as a Catholic, seeing a priest react to the TLJ trailer is simultaneously hilarious and awesome:

@Irina de France

Amen!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 2:26 pm

After watching the Priest's trailer reaction, I realized something that I had not thought of before about the trailer because I have been so excited thinking about other stuff. I am sorry if this has been talked about earlier....I feel that this trailer's other purpose was too reset some expectations for the GA and the hard core traditional fans of where the story is probably going. This is so they can begin to accept that the movie will not go the way they think it will. My hope was before the movie came out that they would outright debunk Rey Skywalker. But what they did with the trailer was so much better. They did not debunk anything but they made it clear this is not the Star Wars of my youth anymore. I am so excited about it!!!!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 2:38 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:After watching the Priest's trailer reaction, I realized something that I had not thought of before about the trailer because I have been so excited thinking about other stuff.  I am sorry if this has been talked about earlier....I feel that this trailer's other purpose was too reset some expectations for the GA and the hard core traditional fans of where the story is probably going. This is so they can begin to accept that the movie will not go the way they think it will.  My hope was before the movie came out that they would outright debunk Rey Skywalker.  But what they did with the trailer was so much better.  They did not debunk anything but they made it clear this is not the Star Wars of my youth anymore.  I am so excited about it!!!!
@Birdwoman

Outright debunking doesn't work but pointing people in the right direction does. Not everyone will take it - there are still those who believe in FS Finn twist despite the trailer showing the Force plot to be about two #RAWPOWAH characters and not about your standard Jedi training that anyone can receive - but many will and their wheels will start turning.  I love about priest's reaction that he loved to be wrong/surprised. It's nothing like what he expected and he's so excited. Many people will have the same reaction because expectation isn't necessarily a wish. Many people expect predictability and dread it.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 2:40 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:After watching the Priest's trailer reaction, I realized something that I had not thought of before about the trailer because I have been so excited thinking about other stuff. I am sorry if this has been talked about earlier....I feel that this trailer's other purpose was too reset some expectations for the GA and the hard core traditional fans of where the story is probably going. This is so they can begin to accept that the movie will not go the way they think it will. My hope was before the movie came out that they would outright debunk Rey Skywalker. But what they did with the trailer was so much better. They did not debunk anything but they made it clear this is not the Star Wars of my youth anymore. I am so excited about it!!!!
@Birdwoman

Rian made something fresh and unexpected or what was Daisy's exact wording again?
I agree that the ST is a trilogy of its own. It has its own unique style and arcs just like the OT and PT had. I'm totally fine with it. I'm all in for progress. That's why I really don't get fans who were first complaining about TFA being a total rehash and when they get something totally new and different, they are still not satisfied and keep griping that this isn't really Star Wars. You can never please everybody.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 2:48 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:After watching the Priest's trailer reaction, I realized something that I had not thought of before about the trailer because I have been so excited thinking about other stuff.  I am sorry if this has been talked about earlier....I feel that this trailer's other purpose was too reset some expectations for the GA and the hard core traditional fans of where the story is probably going. This is so they can begin to accept that the movie will not go the way they think it will.  My hope was before the movie came out that they would outright debunk Rey Skywalker.  But what they did with the trailer was so much better.  They did not debunk anything but they made it clear this is not the Star Wars of my youth anymore.  I am so excited about it!!!!
@Birdwoman

Outright debunking doesn't work but pointing people in the right direction does. Not everyone will take it - there are still those who believe in FS Finn twist despite the trailer showing the Force plot to be about two #RAWPOWAH characters and not about your standard Jedi training that anyone can receive - but many will and their wheels will start turning.  I love about priest's reaction that he loved to be wrong/surprised. It's nothing like what he expected and he's so excited. Many people will have the same reaction because expectation isn't necessarily a wish. Many people expect predictability and dread it.
@vaderito
Absolutely. The trailer served as a huge reminder of what TFA was actually about. It's been nearly two years since we all saw it and in those two years the hardcore fans have engaged in online discourse, choosing sides and theories and weighing options, all because TFA did one thing very, very right: it made people intensely invested. The problem is not everybody knew why they were invested, and for two years have been driving around lost trying to find their way back to the highway without a map exploring illogical theory after illogical theory, all the time getting further and further away from the substance of the actual story. The trailer served as that map meant to guide fans back into the proper lines of speculation. It's not "Snoke-is-Plagieus" or "Reywalker", theories that 80% of online SW articles have discussed over the past two years, it's "Who is Luke and what will his relationship with our heroine be?", "How did killing his father change Kylo?", "What really happened between Kylo and Luke?", "How will Finn take being treated as a Resistance hero?" and, of course, "How are Rey and Kylo Ren connected?"

FINALLY, some places on the internet are catching on. The right ideas are finally being juggled. Doesn't mean everybody will listen to the map, but some will, and the others have two months worth of TV spots, promos and merchandizing to deal with in the meantime. We're just at the beginning of the home-stretch, but I suspect that by the film's debut, most will have accepted what the story was really about all along.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 3:09 pm

@frolickingfizzgig Totally. In a nutshell, those fans who were focused on the story itself instead of non-narrative things such as whether something is progressive or not, callbacks, passing physical resemblance, you know the drill are more likely to be right than those who expect the story to go in certain direction because of factors that have nothing to do with story-telling. However, those other types are also more likely not to be happy with the movie and remain in denial for another 2 years. Fans who truly believe that the certain theory would be better than the other for purely story-telling reasons, will accept good execution of the opposite theory because their primary goal is a good story. OTOH, if someone wants certian things to happen only cause of activism then they are never going to be happy because story doesn't interest them. They want to push for some agenda that has nothing to do with narrative and good execution will have no impact on them.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 3:28 pm

@vaderito wrote:@frolickingfizzgig Totally. In a nutshell, those fans who were focused on the story itself instead of non-narrative things such as whether something is progressive or not, callbacks, passing physical resemblance, you know the drill are more likely to be right than those who expect the story to go in certain direction because of factors that have nothing to do with story-telling. However, those other types are also more likely not to be happy with the movie and remain in denial for another 2 years. Fans who truly believe that the certain theory would be better than the other for purely story-telling reasons, will accept good execution of the opposite theory because their primary goal is a good story. OTOH, if someone wants certian things to happen only cause of activism then they are never going to be happy because story doesn't interest them. They want to push for some agenda that has nothing to do with narrative and good execution will have no impact on them.
@vaderito
You make a great point here. As much as I have my story preferences, I would have been happy with anything that provided a well-executed, satisfying continuation of TFA. Certain things became impossible to me (notably Kylo being a full dark villain ala Palpatine like some fans wanted), but I was and still open to seeing a lot and try not to let what I want cloud the meaning of what is good execution and bad execution. They are not the same thing.

This priest is adorable btw. He has such kind eyes. I bet he's a great public speaker. Very charismatic and soft.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
You make a great point here. As much as I have my story preferences, I would have been happy with anything that provided a well-executed, satisfying continuation of TFA. Certain things became impossible to me (notably Kylo being a full dark villain ala Palpatine like some fans wanted), but I was and still open to seeing a lot and try not to let what I want cloud the meaning of what is good execution and bad execution. They are not the same thing.

This priest is adorable btw. He has such kind eyes. I bet he's a great public speaker. Very charismatic and soft.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Agreed on all points. Very Happy

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 5:48 pm

This girl freaking out over Reylo in her trailer reaction had me rolling, especially the ending lmao lol! lol! lol!
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 5:54 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:I'm starting to ask myself questions after the fact that Kylo is redeemed; will he ever fully be Ben Solo? Or will a part of him still be Kylo? I ask that because maybe both names will represent the hardest times in his life that he will want to make a completely fresh start. Or maybe I'm just reading too many fan fics lol! will his saber be white instead of red to represent purified? So many ideas that are starting to float through my head o.O not gonna lie though, a part of me will surely miss the mysterious, not so nicety Kylo with the helmet and hooded costume. That's what drew me to his character; he looked SO much like Revan.
@nite0wl29

do we want fully Ben? I mean Kylo to become completely LS?
I know that I don't, I love that character, I loved Anakin, because they are kind of gray, complex, not OT Luke and not Vader.
I don't want fully changed Kylo - Ben, with resistance form and new lightsaber ....
and I don't think it will be like that, yes, he may turn from Snoke and FO but... not become Poe or someone which wont be our Kylo Very Happy
@Anakin Skywalker

I agree. I think he might help the Resistance or something like that, but he would never be the same person he was before because he's been through a lot and that inevitably changes a person's personality.
@Moonlight13

I want Kylos redemption, I want him become "less bed", who wouldn't kill father and entire village... But I want him to stay himself as we know him and like him. it's like when 2 people get together and one of them tries to change another, I never understand that - they fall for each other because they liked what they are, not something else. I have same feeling about Kylo Very Happy I don't want Kylo to die and only(!) Ben live...
+I know snoke manipulated on him, there were false reasons, many thing pushed him to DS, but he isn't so stupid to be someone only because of manipulation, to live just fake life, for fake reasons. Some part of his always was dark, like Anakin, some reasons (for turning to DS) are real and logical for him, and maybe in general to... I mean LS isn't so perfect, jedi rules, their point of view wasn't perfect (and that is reason why I love the direction where TLJ and as I believe Luke are going, grey thing and all changes)...
So Kylo and his darkness, his reasons aren't all fake/bad, not "really his" Smile

@Lily Snape wrote:If he's been to Hell and crawled back out, he won't be the kid he was at 23-- but I think Kylo is an act in so many ways.  We see that in the scene with Vader's helmet-- that's Ben Solo there, trying to be Kylo Ren but feeling the pull to the light.  We see it when he spares Finn at the start of the film.  And of course, we see it with "You need a teacher!"  I think he's that guy.
@Lily Snape

agree, and I liked "that Kylo", you call him Ben, but point is, we all liked that "in the middle" person, partly Ben, partly Kylo, and I hope he will stay him, better but not fully changed
@Anakin Skywalker

Good point. Very likely Ben always had a tendencies for DS and all the things happening, Snoke whispering only pushed him there. If/when he'll beceome Ben Solo again, he'll have to manage both DS and LS. Not just jumping from to another, I don't think that's the point.
@DarthRen

Maybe Ben Solo pretended to be Light when he was actually struggling with his Darkness, and of course, we know that Kylo Ren pretends to be Dark despite his pull to the Light.  The reality is in the grey area, as with so many things in the sequel trilogy.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:00 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The trailer served as a huge reminder of what TFA was actually about. It's been nearly two years since we all saw it and in those two years the hardcore fans have engaged in online discourse, choosing sides and theories and weighing options, all because TFA did one thing very, very right: it made people intensely invested. The problem is not everybody knew why they were invested, and for two years have been driving around lost trying to find their way back to the highway without a map exploring illogical theory after illogical theory, all the time getting further and further away from the substance of the actual story. The trailer served as that map meant to guide fans back into the proper lines of speculation. It's not "Snoke-is-Plagieus" or "Reywalker", theories that 80% of online SW articles have discussed over the past two years, it's "Who is Luke and what will his relationship with our heroine be?", "How did killing his father change Kylo?", "What really happened between Kylo and Luke?", "How will Finn take being treated as a Resistance hero?" and, of course, "How are Rey and Kylo Ren connected?"

Good choice of analogy considering how everybody spends the entire movie chasing after a map and that's not the key in the end. The key is that that Rey has more of a role to play than just being a concerned bystander and that her and Kylo's connection is the backbone of the ST/Force Plot.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Camaro on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:

This girl freaking out over Reylo in her trailer reaction had me rolling, especially the ending lmao lol! lol! lol!
@Kylo Rey

Lol I love finding Reylo's in the wild. We're all so passionate about it. My reaction was pretty much the same as hers... a ton of shaking and screeching and OHMYGOD'ing
Camaro
Camaro
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

@Lily Snape wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:I'm starting to ask myself questions after the fact that Kylo is redeemed; will he ever fully be Ben Solo? Or will a part of him still be Kylo? I ask that because maybe both names will represent the hardest times in his life that he will want to make a completely fresh start. Or maybe I'm just reading too many fan fics lol! will his saber be white instead of red to represent purified? So many ideas that are starting to float through my head o.O not gonna lie though, a part of me will surely miss the mysterious, not so nicety Kylo with the helmet and hooded costume. That's what drew me to his character; he looked SO much like Revan.
@nite0wl29

I know that I don't, I love that character, I loved Anakin, because they are kind of gray, complex, not OT Luke and not Vader.
I don't want fully changed Kylo - Ben, with resistance form and new lightsaber ....
and I don't think it will be like that, yes, he may turn from Snoke and FO but... not become Poe or someone which wont be our Kylo Very Happy
@Anakin Skywalker

I agree. I think he might help the Resistance or something like that, but he would never be the same person he was before because he's been through a lot and that inevitably changes a person's personality.
@Moonlight13

I want Kylos redemption, I want him become "less bed", who wouldn't kill father and entire village... But I want him to stay himself as we know him and like him. it's like when 2 people get together and one of them tries to change another, I never understand that - they fall for each other because they liked what they are, not something else. I have same feeling about Kylo Very Happy I don't want Kylo to die and only(!) Ben live...
+I know snoke manipulated on him, there were false reasons, many thing pushed him to DS, but he isn't so stupid to be someone only because of manipulation, to live just fake life, for fake reasons. Some part of his always was dark, like Anakin, some reasons (for turning to DS) are real and logical for him, and maybe in general to... I mean LS isn't so perfect, jedi rules, their point of view wasn't perfect (and that is reason why I love the direction where TLJ and as I believe Luke are going, grey thing and all changes)...
So Kylo and his darkness, his reasons aren't all fake/bad, not "really his" Smile

@Lily Snape wrote:If he's been to Hell and crawled back out, he won't be the kid he was at 23-- but I think Kylo is an act in so many ways.  We see that in the scene with Vader's helmet-- that's Ben Solo there, trying to be Kylo Ren but feeling the pull to the light.  We see it when he spares Finn at the start of the film.  And of course, we see it with "You need a teacher!"  I think he's that guy.
@Lily Snape

agree, and I liked "that Kylo", you call him Ben, but point is, we all liked that "in the middle" person, partly Ben, partly Kylo, and I hope he will stay him, better but not fully changed
@Anakin Skywalker

Good point. Very likely Ben always had a tendencies for DS and all the things happening, Snoke whispering only pushed him there. If/when he'll beceome Ben Solo again, he'll have to manage both DS and LS. Not just jumping from to another, I don't think that's the point.
@DarthRen

Maybe Ben Solo pretended to be Light when he was actually struggling with his Darkness, and of course, we know that Kylo Ren pretends to be Dark despite his pull to the Light.  The reality is in the grey area, as with so many things in the sequel trilogy.
@Lily Snape

Snoke called him the focal point of light and dark, so he has to have both but one is more dominant or Snoke is trying to explore it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm

@Birdwoman

I think the TV spot with Luke asking "what are you doing here?" sort of pretty much debunks Rey Skywalker.

I think the trailer really reset GA's expectations.

As to the hardcore fans...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 38 JiFfM

Some gems:

Kylo is turning completely dark and killing his mom!

Kylo is trying to trick Rey and seduce her to the dark side.

The end is misdirection! Rey and Kylo will never have a civilized conversation. (right, after an entire trailer where they are being compared to each other)

Rey is wielding the legacy saber, which proves she's a Skywalker.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 7:03 pm

@Lily Snape wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@nite0wl29

@Anakin Skywalker

@Moonlight13

@Lily Snape

@Anakin Skywalker

@DarthRen

@Lily Snape

yes, that's my point, he is both!
and when he will realizes that, when he wont pretend and let himself be what he is, not trying to be fully DS or LS, and when he will find peace, he will be BALANCE himself Very Happy Very Happy
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum