TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS)

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Empty Re: TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS)

Post by vaderito on Wed 25 Oct - 1:46

Does anyone know whether toy design is coordinated? I'm curious because it seems that there's a reason why some Rey toys have the bruise, or the cut or neither:

Spoiler:

This is a Crait Rey toy:

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch-rey-on-crait

but so is this one, unless the snow/lava is a brand new planet:

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Hot-toys-mms446-tlj-rey-jedi-training-sixth-scale-collectible-figure

As you can see, one has a bruise and another doesn't. Time jump or lack of coordination?

Also, the same Hot Toy appears in the Snoke Throne Room:

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Hot-toys-mms446-tlj-rey-jedi-training-sixth-scale-collectible-figure

You know that the lack of bruise in the scene with Snoke prompted discussion that Snoke happens before Crait. However, as one can see, she appears both bruised and bruiseless on Crait. So what gives? Hot Toys made only a bruiseless version that doesn't fit in Crait or Rey's bruise does disappear on Crait at some point? As you can see, she has a bruise here and the background corresponds with the toy background (snow) so my guess is that they only made a bruiseless version because of 2 different environments:

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Star-Wars-8-Finn-and-Rey-on-Crait-1027624

And then there's Rey with the cut but no bruise:

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 DFL_ATEUMAAl36N

So my guess is that cut and bruise happen separately.

So going bu this, Rey in new suit has scenes where she is unblemished, has a cut, has a bruise.  lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Empty Re: TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS)

Post by DarthRen on Wed 25 Oct - 1:57

It's kinda confusing already with where is Kylo? is he on Crait? why is he with First Order troops? But at this point footage or BTS is probably more reliable and she doesn't have her bruise in her scene with Snoke and then she does on Crait. That cut on her arm almost looks like it could be from their fight against Praetorian Guards or from a lightsaber, betting on Praetorian guards. I know it's by no means a guarantee, but at this point I'm going with this.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Oct - 1:57

@vaderito Rey’s arm cut seems to happen earlier on Ahch-To, at least that’s how it looks both from the toys and promotional materials. The forehead bruise seems to happen later on Crait. It doesn’t appear she has it when she arrives on Crait but that it happens there. I guess it could happen when she’s fleeing Ahch-To to get to Crait but that’s uncertain. I wouldn’t put too much stock into Hot Toys because, as you say, that model doesn’t come with the bruise so it would be weird if they drew it in or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 25 Oct - 3:49

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@vaderito Rey’s arm cut seems to happen earlier on Ahch-To, at least that’s how it looks both from the toys and promotional materials. The forehead bruise seems to happen later on Crait. It doesn’t appear she has it when she arrives on Crait but that it happens there. I guess it could happen when she’s fleeing Ahch-To to get to Crait but that’s uncertain. I wouldn’t put too much stock into Hot Toys because, as you say, that model doesn’t come with the bruise so it would be weird if they drew it in or something.
@Mrs Ben Solo

very true. same goes for trailers. They digitally remove blood, lost eyes/limbs, etc. For example, I'm hearing that trailers for a certain new movie are showing the main character with 2 eyes in a scene where he already has only 1 in the movie.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Oct - 3:58

@vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@vaderito Rey’s arm cut seems to happen earlier on Ahch-To, at least that’s how it looks both from the toys and promotional materials. The forehead bruise seems to happen later on Crait. It doesn’t appear she has it when she arrives on Crait but that it happens there. I guess it could happen when she’s fleeing Ahch-To to get to Crait but that’s uncertain. I wouldn’t put too much stock into Hot Toys because, as you say, that model doesn’t come with the bruise so it would be weird if they drew it in or something.
@Mrs Ben Solo

very true. same goes for trailers. They digitally remove blood, lost eyes/limbs, etc. For example, I'm hearing that trailers for a certain new movie are showing the main character with 2 eyes in a scene where he already has only 1 in the movie.
@vaderito

The new BTS trailer gives a lot of pointers of Rey’s state at various stages in the story. https://twitter.com/theswlegacy/status/922868664772300800

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 25 Oct - 20:07

hi all,
I haven't read through this thread.. so apologies if this has been shared already:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/24/16536994/star-wars-the-last-jedi-behind-the-scenes-rian-johnson-featurette about working with RJ on the last jedi has some vision we haven't seen yet! Enjoy Smile

Here are a few snaps that I thought were interesting!

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Bts110
TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Bts210
TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Bts310

What do you think?!

Last edited by DeeBee on Wed 25 Oct - 20:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added images)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 26 Oct - 11:11

Hi again, sorry just saw this bts featurette has been shared in the twitter thread. Oh well.. It contributes to the nailing down the time line a little possibly..

I thought it was interesting to see Rey in the throne room with no bruise. And... and it seems the bruise is visible in scenes revolving around Rey being back with the resistance in her jedi-esque outfit - or possibly on crait.

This suggests she enters the throne room with no bruise... and has the bruise at some point once she has joined the resistance again.
Excluding forcebacks or visions, this suggests the supremacy is not after crait. It is simultaneous or before crait. I think.

And I thought the shot of Rey all wet in that outfit with her hair half down was interesting - I hadn't seen her in that outfit with her hair half done.. Only her three buns.. or in the jedi-esque outfit with it half down.

I don't know why but it was funny to see a Praetorian guard with his helmet off Wink

What do people think is that circular thing behind Daisy in the throne room? seems there is more in there than just a throne. Thoughts anyone?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 26 Oct - 16:16

Not sure where to put this could go either into this thread or general TLJ thread, but is the toy box spoiling that Rey, Finn & Rose attack Snoke's lair? on board the supremacy?

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Tumblr_oyezv5O0fo1v3o2r3o1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Thu 26 Oct - 16:27

@Mrs Ben Solo

so she has changed clothes after ach-to but didn't wrap up cut? I don't think so
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 26 Oct - 19:11

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Not sure where to put this could go either into this thread or general TLJ thread, but is the toy box spoiling that Rey, Finn & Rose attack Snoke's lair? on board the supremacy?

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Tumblr_oyezv5O0fo1v3o2r3o1_540
@spacebaby45678

I think (though I'am not 100%) that we already discussed that particular Lego set. And someone pointed out that it was a part of "Fantasy Lego sets" which were not canonical sort to say.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 26 Oct - 19:44

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Not sure where to put this could go either into this thread or general TLJ thread, but is the toy box spoiling that Rey, Finn & Rose attack Snoke's lair? on board the supremacy?

@spacebaby45678

I think (though I'am not 100%) that we already discussed that particular Lego set. And someone pointed out that it was a part of "Fantasy Lego sets" which were not canonical sort to say.

@Darth_Awakened
Yeah, I remember that too. I think it said on the box that it's "fantasy," but I can't see it on the particular image above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 26 Oct - 20:28

I haven't followed this thread closely and I've only just now read the last few pages. I'll just say that I'm way more cynical about TLJ not borrowing from the OT, however much they talk up the movie as new and not in any way a rehash. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kylo's arc in this movie echoed Vader in ESB *and* Vader in RotJ, where he both tempts Rey to the dark side and saves her in the end with an impulsive action. I can only speculate of course, but my gut feeling is that Kylo offers his hand to Rey in the middle Anch-To section, when Rey is likely to be at her lowest point and at her most vulnerable. It doesn't have to be about eeevil Kylo trying to manipulate Rey, he could be reaching out to her sincerely, but his idea of what makes a good path for Rey could still be quite, well, warped at that point.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 26 Oct - 21:57

Yes, that Lego set has Fantasy Scenario written on the box. I've seen the Hi res version of it. I mean, if something similar goes down, Finn and Rose will have FO uniforms. This particular Fantasy Scenario could have been a lucky guess.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Oct - 0:57

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

so she has changed clothes after ach-to but didn't wrap up cut? I don't think so
@Anakin Skywalker

There is this Topps Trading Card which shows Rey in her Jedi outfit with the arm cut, no forehead bruise, and what looks like Ahch-To in the distance. Make of it what you will. Smile

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Af345710

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Fri 27 Oct - 1:22

I keep wondering if there's anything to the Topp's Trading cards and it's timeline. I know it says it doesn't, but since previous lists have echoed timelines, I'm very curious.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Oct - 1:22

@Mrs Ben Solo

I'd say cut happens on Ahch-to and then heals, then she gets a bruise either before Crait (but after the cut cause they are obviously not at the same time) or on Crait (which may heal too thus confusing everyone's timeline).

In short, it seems that some time jumps exist but are likely mild cause space medicine heals that stuff quickly.

BTW, this is really an excellent research on Huts and Exploding Hut:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/78rmoq/placing_luke_and_rey_in_the_kerry_village_set/

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 SGxiuL-n8_E9tFA5uUBIYdvqLtgb8HLglbDyfUv7zp8
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 27 Oct - 1:28

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Anakin Skywalker wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Anakin Skywalker

There is this Topps Trading Card which shows Rey in her Jedi outfit with the arm cut, no forehead bruise, and what looks like Ahch-To in the distance. Make of it what you will. Smile

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Af345710
@Mrs Ben Solo

You know I guess that is probably Ahch-to,  but I gotta say that this looks really similar to the one where she is standing on black rock/sand ... and that and this shot look more like Iceland than Ireland.  I mean that Iceland unit needs to come in somewhere, and I don't think it's just supposed to be another area of Crait.  Crait is the Bolivian salt flats, whereas this and the black rock one have a very Icelandic look.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Oct - 1:33

@SoloSideCousin I'm pretty sure it's Ireland coast. The image is not clean so that creates "lava" illusion but the background is nothing like Black Sand Beach in Iceland which was one of 2 locations that we noticed.

Also, she seems to have a bruise here in Iceland (could be a shadow too):

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 Tumblr_owu3gpAoD01v3o2r3o1_540
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 27 Oct - 1:48

But keep in mind the planets themselves aren't necessarily 1:1 "Iceland" or "Ireland". You could have a place that combines a coastline from Ireland with the Black Sand Beach from Iceland.

Or likewise, you might not.

But either way that coastline looks like it's too long for a regular island on Ahch-To. Perhaps there's a bigger one?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Oct - 2:05

@Darth Dingbat wrote:But keep in mind the planets themselves aren't necessarily 1:1 "Iceland" or "Ireland". You could have a place that combines a coastline from Ireland with the Black Sand Beach from Iceland.

Or likewise, you might not.

But either way that coastline looks like it's too long for a regular island on Ahch-To. Perhaps there's a bigger one?
@Darth Dingbat

Yes, that's what's confusing. is Iceland Crait, Ahch-to, both or new planet?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 27 Oct - 4:48

@vaderito wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo

I'd say cut happens on Ahch-to and then heals, then she gets a bruise either before Crait (but after the cut cause they are obviously not at the same time) or on Crait (which may heal too thus confusing everyone's timeline).

In short, it seems that some time jumps exist but are likely mild cause space medicine heals that stuff quickly.

BTW, this is really an excellent research on Huts and Exploding Hut:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/78rmoq/placing_luke_and_rey_in_the_kerry_village_set/

TLJ - Nailing down the timeline (NO SPOILERS) - Page 13 SGxiuL-n8_E9tFA5uUBIYdvqLtgb8HLglbDyfUv7zp8
@vaderito

To me, the really interesting part of that post was that the reddit poster dug up one of the very original SW posts from Bothan-Spy, which said that the first Jedi temple is simply in the largest hut. If you look at the aerial shots, it does appear that one hut is larger than the others.

So if that's true, if we're getting any RotLA type adventures, it probably won't be in the temple itself.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Oct - 4:54

@ISeeAnIsland So Rey blows up 100000 years of history? Dammit, Rey! affraid
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 27 Oct - 4:56

@vaderito wrote:@ISeeAnIsland So Rey blows up 100000 years of history? Dammit, Rey! affraid
@vaderito

Well, if you go off that map, then Hut #1 is the Jedi temple...and that doesn't appear to be the one that is blown up (if I'm reading the map correctly).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 27 Oct - 5:00

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@ISeeAnIsland So Rey blows up 100000 years of history? Dammit, Rey! affraid
@vaderito

Well, if you go off that map, then Hut #1 is the Jedi temple...and that doesn't appear to be the one that is blown up (if I'm reading the map correctly).
@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed, the blown up hut seems to be without a number.

BTW, haven't seen RotLA so I don't know the plot but I would love SW to become more fantastical when it comes to the Force. I absolutely adore that POTC:AWE went to the Underworld. I know that SW has Netherworld but I want to see it. I want someone to go there to get another one out.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 27 Oct - 5:02

@vaderito wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed, the blown up hut seems to be without a number.

BTW, haven't seen RotLA so I don't know the plot but I would love SW to become more fantastical when it comes to the Force. I absolutely adore that POTC:AWE went to the Underworld. I know that SW has Netherworld but I want to see it. I want someone to go there to get another one out.
@vaderito

It may actually have a netherworld now. Ahsoka went someplace "netherworldish" in Rebels.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum