The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm

@Birdwoman wrote:The puzzling thing I have run across with my IRL fanboy friends and online fanyboys....is this complete blind spot regarding Luke. Now, none of us know truly what is going on with him besides he is scared of Rey's power. But so many of them think that Luke is the same guy from the OT, who is going to go kick Snoke's a** and watch as his nephew get killed by Rey. They don't seem to be able to absorb that something is off with Luke and he is no longer the shining hero of the OT. I mean, the Luke in the OT would never disappear if his friends and family were in trouble. He would be in the fight already....not having people look all over the galaxy for him. So he is different and the serious blinders on some fans...it is going to be a shock to them.
@Birdwoman

This, the blinders are real in regards to Luke's role. I have explained this to certain fans and their response was that they "don't care about Rey, and only want to see Luke"...

...

I didn't know what to tell them besides that they were gonna be disappointed. However, they still seemed to think that complaining about it would somehow expand Luke's role or would sway public opinion so of course the movie sucked.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 551
Likes : 3922
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:44 pm

@Moonjump05 wrote:I still get variations of "the prequels suck" whenever I am involved in a Star Wars conversation.  Seriously, it has been over 15 years, man.  Let it go.

I think some fans enjoy complaining about Star Wars more than they like it.  And will continue to complain about the ST while being completely oblivious to what is actually going on in the movies.
@Moonjump05

I agree.  I'm a person who largely thinks that about 2/3 to 3/4 of the prequels did suck.  They actually kind of killed my SW love.  So when I saw TFA, I was pretty wary, but I wanted to give the franchise another chance because I saw what JJ did with the Star Trek reboot, and because I knew KK had produced a lot of excellent films.  IOW, it was the new team that gave me hope.  However, had I hated TFA or just found it to be mediocre, I would have just let SW go again.  There are so many other things to get interested in.  Why stick with something that you can't stand?

The new team made me love SW in a way that I had never done before, even as a kid with the OT.  I loved it because they were doing different things.  A new team *will* do different things.  That concept in and of itself is a huge blind spot for these kinds of fanboys.  George isn't there anymore.  Kathleen and JJ and Rian and LK (who disagreed with George) are.  Disney is running things, and Disney is not going to play "follow the leader" with George's history.  They are going to make their own stamp on it, more and more as time goes by.  Disney is looking at an international market where billions of people barely know who Luke is.  They are also looking at a hostile domestic US market that is rejecting everything that isn't original or well-done (and sometimes well-made doesn't do the trick either, see the recent Blade Runner).  They are looking to tap into the younger market on every populated continent on the Earth.  What they are not interested in is propping up the old school "Trekkie-style" convention set.  They may give them things here and there, but if this franchise is going to work in the future, they cannot rely on those old school fans.  Their numbers are just not large enough.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4733
Likes : 22908
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Irina de France on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 7:55 pm

OOT, but I thought Blade Runner 2049 was doing fine? What did I miss?
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1947
Likes : 9601
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 23
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:12 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:Here is a seriously clueless and frankly dumba** article from a pretty well-trafficked fanboy site. Again somebody who has not been keeping up with what Rian, JJ, Larry and Adam have said, yet thinks he's a proper pop culture writer. And again with the total misreading of facial expressions and narrative cues from the trailer. It's breathtaking how bad this article is. That's the only reason I'm posting it. I mean the guy actually says that Kylo needs to "spill more blood" and kill his mother to make up for the mess of the character JJ made of him???????? Heads are going to truly explode come December.

http://www.cbr.com/last-jedi-kylo-ren-villain/
@SoloSideCousin

LMAO. Some of these statements are pure gold:

The thing is, with such a reveal, why didn’t Abrams do it as a slow burn, or as a later surprise? Imagine not knowing anything about Kylo until he killed Han. That scene was lacking in tension; we already knew too much.

@Birdwoman wrote:The puzzling thing I have run across with my IRL fanboy friends and online fanyboys....is this complete blind spot regarding Luke. Now, none of us know truly what is going on with him besides he is scared of Rey's power. But so many of them think that Luke is the same guy from the OT, who is going to go kick Snoke's a** and watch as his nephew get killed by Rey. They don't seem to be able to absorb that something is off with Luke and he is no longer the shining hero of the OT. I mean, the Luke in the OT would never disappear if his friends and family were in trouble. He would be in the fight already....not having people look all over the galaxy for him. So he is different and the serious blinders on some fans...it is going to be a shock to them.
@Birdwoman

My brother, who I'd consider more passionate than general GA but not a hardcore fan, is pretty worried about Luke being dark. He's a pretty big fan of the OT and loved TFA and Rogue One and was on the Rey Skywalker bandwagon until he saw the writing on the wall with all of the Dark! Luke marketing. He's open to Reylo, and he's probably a pretty good barometer for the GA, outside of the hardcore antis/Reywalkers elsewhere.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29567
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by ZioRen on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 8:46 pm

You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.

And I mean, I'm not saying it isn't valid to feel like the Han confrontation should have been the first time Kylo removed his mask. I disagree and realize that they had it happen with Rey for a reason (and cut the scene where he took it off first for Snoke for a reason), but I can see why people feel like it would have given Han's death scene more weight. It's more being baffled by the people who absolutely refuse to hear any kind of explanation and cry that it was a big flaw in the movie and Kylo's character and that's that.

Basically, as many of us have discovered time and time again, a lot of folks are almost unbelievably blind to the idea of Rey and Kylo having any sort of interesting and important dynamic.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2756
Likes : 18809
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Atenais on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 9:42 pm

@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.

And I mean, I'm not saying it isn't valid to feel like the Han confrontation should have been the first time Kylo removed his mask. I disagree and realize that they had it happen with Rey for a reason (and cut the scene where he took it off first for Snoke for a reason), but I can see why people feel like it would have given Han's death scene more weight. It's more being baffled by the people who absolutely refuse to hear any kind of explanation and cry that it was a big flaw in the movie and Kylo's character and that's that.

Basically, as many of us have discovered time and time again, a lot of folks are almost unbelievably blind to the idea of Rey and Kylo having any sort of interesting and important dynamic.
@ZioRen

It's funny that I just reread the review of TFA from my favourite film critic, and he said, "Adam Driver almost steals the movie with his Kylo Ren, who, under the frightening mask, reveals a villain who, despite his controlled voice, hides an impulsiveness that reveals an immaturity, important so that we can understand his motivations and goals (and his key scene - you will recognize it - is brilliant in suggesting all the pain he experiences)."

I mean, people who pay attention know his character has more dimensions than the cliche villain.
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 425
Likes : 1928
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 10:20 pm

@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.

And I mean, I'm not saying it isn't valid to feel like the Han confrontation should have been the first time Kylo removed his mask. I disagree and realize that they had it happen with Rey for a reason (and cut the scene where he took it off first for Snoke for a reason), but I can see why people feel like it would have given Han's death scene more weight. It's more being baffled by the people who absolutely refuse to hear any kind of explanation and cry that it was a big flaw in the movie and Kylo's character and that's that.

Basically, as many of us have discovered time and time again, a lot of folks are almost unbelievably blind to the idea of Rey and Kylo having any sort of interesting and important dynamic.
@ZioRen

My husband used to be one of those fanboys. And I pointed out to him that they had him remove it in front of Rey for a reason. Both times he removed the mask, he was all sorts of emotionally vulnerable, and letting his guard down. They were for totally separate reasons, but the fact that he did it first for Rey is a very telling point about the importance in their relationship. As if, you know, giving her elevator eyes in the forest of Takodana, bridal carrying her to his ship, watching her sleep, invading her personal space, and staring at her didn't give us enough of a clue.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:11 am

RandomObserver wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.

And I mean, I'm not saying it isn't valid to feel like the Han confrontation should have been the first time Kylo removed his mask. I disagree and realize that they had it happen with Rey for a reason (and cut the scene where he took it off first for Snoke for a reason), but I can see why people feel like it would have given Han's death scene more weight. It's more being baffled by the people who absolutely refuse to hear any kind of explanation and cry that it was a big flaw in the movie and Kylo's character and that's that.

Basically, as many of us have discovered time and time again, a lot of folks are almost unbelievably blind to the idea of Rey and Kylo having any sort of interesting and important dynamic.
@ZioRen

My husband used to be one of those fanboys. And I pointed out to him that they had him remove it in front of Rey for a reason. Both times he removed the mask, he was all sorts of emotionally vulnerable, and letting his guard down. They were for totally separate reasons, but the fact that he did it first for Rey is a very telling point about the importance in their relationship. As if, you know, giving her elevator eyes in the forest of Takodana, bridal carrying her to his ship, watching her sleep, invading her personal space, and staring at her didn't give us enough of a clue.
@RandomObserver

That reminds me of my youngest brother's comment about the movie: "What a strange choice to make him remove his mask for the first time in front of Rey. The bridge scene would have been so much more emotional and dramatic if he had done that for the first time in front of Han".

Me: "Gee! I have no clue why they did that!"
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1344
Likes : 5525
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Saracene on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:55 am

@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.
@ZioRen

I can sort of understand why, because looking at TFA strictly as a self-contained film, Han is the most important character for Kylo, and his most significant and emotional scene centres on Han. The movie served as Kylo and Rey's first meeting, but their relationship is yet to become truly significant. As mentioned over and over, it's bleeding obvious that Rey and Kylo will be important to each other, but most people will judge Rey and Kylo's dynamic on what they're actually given.

I think that TFA also diluted things somewhat by having Kylo run after Finn and Rey in the end because of Finn rather than Rey. The way it's set up it's like, Rey and Kylo's final important fight happened by accident while he was actually after somebody else.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2188
Likes : 13977
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Atenais on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:15 am

I just saw it on Tumblr. I don't know how legit this date is and after searching on Google I found nothing, anyway, lets hope...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Traile10

Source: x

Sorry if someone posted it before.


Last edited by Atenais on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 425
Likes : 1928
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Irina de France on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 1:21 pm

I don't know how legit this is, but it's believable.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1947
Likes : 9601
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 23
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by DarthRen on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm

@Atenais wrote:I just saw it on Tumblr. I don't know how legit this date is and after searching on Google I found nothing, anyway, lets hope...

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Traile10

Source: x

Sorry if someone posted it before.
@Atenais

Someone here or elsewhere said that TFA and TLJ trailers dropped and especially main one like few days apart. For TFA 14th or 15th and 10th for TLJ, so we should expect it between 3rd and 10th November. Not confirmed but believeable.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6259
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 11:12 pm

is it trustworthy?


One of the fans analyzed a trailer with Taiwanese subtitles

scene showing Snoke say, “When I found you,” the reference to you is feminine and later when Snoke said, “Fulfill your destiny,” the subtitles indicated that he was talking to a man. In the end, Luke had remarked, “This is not going to go the way you think,” and the subtitles clarified that it was a male being addressed by Luke.



http://comicbooksgalaxy.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-snoke-in-new-trailer/

I just can't believe that “When I found you,” isn't about Ben Solo... so big misleading in official trailer? misleading may be when scenes are changing fast later in the trailer, but when it is kind of introduction for 1 character, with his scenes and voice on it I don't think so.. in TFA trailer was same, misleading about Finn, but not in first part of trailer with character introductions ...
+ I don't know if foreign countries have access to that kind of information?
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 224
Likes : 737
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-26
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:09 am

@Saracene wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.
@ZioRen

I can sort of understand why, because looking at TFA strictly as a self-contained film, Han is the most important character for Kylo, and his most significant and emotional scene centres on Han. The movie served as Kylo and Rey's first meeting, but their relationship is yet to become truly significant. As mentioned over and over, it's bleeding obvious that Rey and Kylo will be important to each other, but most people will judge Rey and Kylo's dynamic on what they're actually given.

I think that TFA also diluted things somewhat by having Kylo run after Finn and Rey in the end because of Finn rather than Rey. The way it's set up it's like, Rey and Kylo's final important fight happened by accident while he was actually after somebody else.
@Saracene

I thought Kylo was pretty clearly coming after Rey--I remember someone saying that the translation of "Its just us now-- Han Solo can't save you" etc. was singular.  He knew Rey had met his father, and given that, he probably thought Han had come to rescue her.  I got the impression that Finn was just an annoyance who happened to be there, and oh yeah, by the way, was a traitor.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 524
Likes : 2741
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:16 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.
@ZioRen

I can sort of understand why, because looking at TFA strictly as a self-contained film, Han is the most important character for Kylo, and his most significant and emotional scene centres on Han. The movie served as Kylo and Rey's first meeting, but their relationship is yet to become truly significant. As mentioned over and over, it's bleeding obvious that Rey and Kylo will be important to each other, but most people will judge Rey and Kylo's dynamic on what they're actually given.

I think that TFA also diluted things somewhat by having Kylo run after Finn and Rey in the end because of Finn rather than Rey. The way it's set up it's like, Rey and Kylo's final important fight happened by accident while he was actually after somebody else.
@Saracene

I thought Kylo was pretty clearly coming after Rey--I remember someone saying that the translation of "Its just us now-- Han Solo can't save you" etc. was singular.  He knew Rey had met his father, and given that, he probably thought Han had come to rescue her.  I got the impression that Finn was just an annoyance who happened to be there, and oh yeah, by the way, was a traitor.
@Lily Snape

I agree. To me it was always about Rey. I don't even think Kylo acknowledged Finn when he said, "It's just us now." He basically only bothered to talk with Finn when he realized he had his lightsaber.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4733
Likes : 22908
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 1:30 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
I thought Kylo was pretty clearly coming after Rey--I remember someone saying that the translation of "Its just us now-- Han Solo can't save you" etc. was singular.  He knew Rey had met his father, and given that, he probably thought Han had come to rescue her.  I got the impression that Finn was just an annoyance who happened to be there, and oh yeah, by the way, was a traitor.

@SoloSideCousin

In the german version Kylo is clearly speaking to Rey- he says "jetzt sind es nur noch wir beide- Han Solo kann dich nicht mehr retten"
He is ignoring Finn at the beginning. So I don't think he came after him...he just happened to be there.

Regarding the fans in denial:

If the only purpose of Kylo is to be the ultimate unredeemable villain, why make him the son of Han and Leia in the first place?
They could have made him some random force-user and then Lukes daughter the Mary-Sue can save the day.
I don't know how far JJ was thinking when creating Kylo/Ben - but I'm sure it wasn't to have a one-dimensonal villain like Vader.
Don't get me wrong- I love Vader... but we already had that. It's not something I need to see again and again. Rolling Eyes  

All of those "Kylo is weak he need to be darker more evil" blah blah- they forget he is the kid of Han and Leia! They fail to see that!
I can't ignore that fact- that's why I never saw him in such a bad light- yes he killed his own father...and I think that was made for a few reasons.
Without that act of patricide it would be too easy- how can you justify that? To quote RJ how indeed? It creates an much more interesting story!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1837
Likes : 8812
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Saracene on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 2:23 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:You'll find that a LOT of fanboys insist that Kylo should have kept his mask on until he faced Han. It's pointless to try to tell them that they had him remove the mask for the first time with Rey for a reason--to help illustrate that Kylo wanted Rey to see the real him when he despised doing so for everyone else, and to establish that she is his most important relationship. I've tried, and it's like talking to brick walls with some people. They cover their ears, stomp their feet, and insist that it was just a stupid mistake JJ made.
@ZioRen

I can sort of understand why, because looking at TFA strictly as a self-contained film, Han is the most important character for Kylo, and his most significant and emotional scene centres on Han. The movie served as Kylo and Rey's first meeting, but their relationship is yet to become truly significant. As mentioned over and over, it's bleeding obvious that Rey and Kylo will be important to each other, but most people will judge Rey and Kylo's dynamic on what they're actually given.

I think that TFA also diluted things somewhat by having Kylo run after Finn and Rey in the end because of Finn rather than Rey. The way it's set up it's like, Rey and Kylo's final important fight happened by accident while he was actually after somebody else.
@Saracene

I thought Kylo was pretty clearly coming after Rey--I remember someone saying that the translation of "Its just us now-- Han Solo can't save you" etc. was singular.  He knew Rey had met his father, and given that, he probably thought Han had come to rescue her.  I got the impression that Finn was just an annoyance who happened to be there, and oh yeah, by the way, was a traitor.
@Lily Snape

But the way it all starts on the Starkiller is, Kylo looks up from the bridge, sees Finn (the camera clearly cuts to Finn), his face gets all hateful and he runs after the two. So it seems like the whole thing is motivated by Kylo's hatred for Finn. Did they mean to imply that in between, Kylo remembers that oh yeah, it's Rey he's after? That's some muddy storytelling there.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2188
Likes : 13977
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 3:45 am

Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 224
Likes : 737
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-26
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Kyla Ren on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 3:58 am

@Irina de France wrote:OOT, but I thought Blade Runner 2049 was doing fine? What did I miss?
@Irina de France

From what I've heard, it got good reviews but is not doing as well as anticipated at the box office.  It might not be doing badly, just maybe not as well as expected.  Also, it's very long, like 2 hours and 44 minutes or something like that, so I guess that means less showings a day.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 657
Likes : 2068
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : USA

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:34 am

@Saracene wrote:
But the way it all starts on the Starkiller is, Kylo looks up from the bridge, sees Finn (the camera clearly cuts to Finn), his face gets all hateful and he runs after the two. So it seems like the whole thing is motivated by Kylo's hatred for Finn. Did they mean to imply that in between, Kylo remembers that oh yeah, it's Rey he's after? That's some muddy storytelling there.
@Saracene

Maybe it's because Finn, beside being a traitor and causing Kylo trouble, is with his GIRL! Laughing

Seriously- I was wondering about that scene... and maybe I'm reading too much into it- but to me it seems Kylo is already possessive about Rey
and seeing Finn standing beside her, helping her escape stealing HIS girl from him- he could've easily kill Finn, but instead he was fighting with him in a very "show-off" way. Some described it as "peacocking".
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1837
Likes : 8812
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:37 am

@SoloSideCousin

Japanese dub he says, "It's just the two of us," emphasizing his Rey tunnel vision Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2035
Likes : 10043
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by DarthRen on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 8:05 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
But the way it all starts on the Starkiller is, Kylo looks up from the bridge, sees Finn (the camera clearly cuts to Finn), his face gets all hateful and he runs after the two. So it seems like the whole thing is motivated by Kylo's hatred for Finn. Did they mean to imply that in between, Kylo remembers that oh yeah, it's Rey he's after? That's some muddy storytelling there.
@Saracene

Maybe it's because Finn, beside being a traitor and causing Kylo trouble, is with his GIRL! Laughing

Seriously- I was wondering about that scene... and maybe I'm reading too much into it- but to me it seems Kylo is already possessive about Rey
and seeing Finn standing beside her, helping her escape stealing HIS girl from him- he could've easily kill Finn, but instead he was fighting with him in a very "show-off" way. Some described it as "peacocking".
@Night Huntress

I thought it was because he let Finn go at the beginning causing all this problem and being a traitor. Like Kylo was being a bit jealous that Finn got himself from FO clutches, got more courage than him but thinking about it, he was showing off in their fight scene. I guess, maybe combination of the two? Not only projecting his own situation onto Finn, also that he was standing between him and Rey.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6259
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by fuhry on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 11:25 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
But the way it all starts on the Starkiller is, Kylo looks up from the bridge, sees Finn (the camera clearly cuts to Finn), his face gets all hateful and he runs after the two. So it seems like the whole thing is motivated by Kylo's hatred for Finn. Did they mean to imply that in between, Kylo remembers that oh yeah, it's Rey he's after? That's some muddy storytelling there.
@Saracene

Maybe it's because Finn, beside being a traitor and causing Kylo trouble, is with his GIRL! Laughing

Seriously- I was wondering about that scene... and maybe I'm reading too much into it- but to me it seems Kylo is already possessive about Rey
and seeing Finn standing beside her, helping her escape stealing HIS girl from him- he could've easily kill Finn, but instead he was fighting with him in a very "show-off" way. Some described it as "peacocking".
@Night Huntress

I thought it was because he let Finn go at the beginning causing all this problem and being a traitor. Like Kylo was being a bit jealous that Finn got himself from FO clutches, got more courage than him but thinking about it, he was showing off in their fight scene. I guess, maybe combination of the two? Not only projecting his own situation onto Finn, also that he was standing between him and Rey.
@DarthRen

Yes, exactly! After he notices Finn on Jakku, but walks off, he needs guidance from Grandfather. That moment seems to be his 'call to the light' moment. He spares Finn, that leads to Poe escaping, which leads to the Resistance chasing the First Order off Takodana, which leads to him not getting the droid, which leads to him not being able to get the info out of Rey's head, which leads to Rey escaping.

Oh yes, he's angry about Finn. Finn felt a 'call to the light' and followed it, that's got to tear Kylo up too. AND he's with Rey, who he's totally got a crush on.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 235
Likes : 851
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-05

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Geralt_Riv on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 2:11 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SoloSideCousin

Japanese dub he says, "It's just the two of us," emphasizing his Rey tunnel vision Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Polish dub Rey says "You are a beast." (Not a monster but a beast. Beauty and the Beast? Laughing )
And Kylo says "And you are alone. Han Solo won't save you."  Smile
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 336
Likes : 1484
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s): NO SPOILERS

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 5:29 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@SoloSideCousin

Japanese dub he says, "It's just the two of us," emphasizing his Rey tunnel vision Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Polish dub Rey says "You are a beast." (Not a monster but a beast. Beauty and the Beast? Laughing )
And Kylo says "And you are alone. Han Solo won't save you."  Smile
@Geralt_Riv

Interesting. I wish I could understand Kylo in every language. Razz

I really have a "thing" for Japanese Kylo. He has a really smooth voice. My husband thinks I'm a weirdo because he says most Japanese prefer to watch American movies in English with subtitles so they can hear the original voices (and Adam has a great voice Laughing) I heard German Kylo has a great voice actor too.

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2035
Likes : 10043
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum