TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 3 Empty Re: TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 4:28 am

@tukicarreno wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:I hope Adam filming the Black Klansman with Spike Lee won’t put a crimp in his TLJ promotional duties. I so want to see Adam and Daisy interviewed together, or at least as part of a cast ensemble.
@KrazyForKylo

Oh right, he films that movie. I guess, Adam will go at least for LA and NY premieres and some interviews. Maybe less than he did for TFA, usually filming takes priority over press tour.
@DarthRen

Damn.. If only Adam would´t be doing that movie right now.
It would be  really disappointing not to see him in the press tour when Kylo & Rey have been front and center in TLJ marketing. Neutral Sad
@tukicarreno

I wouldn't worry about Adam doing that movie, especially if it actually has been filming for a couple of weeks. Logan Lucky was like a 30 day shoot, and I can practically guarantee that Soderburgh had more money to play around with than Spike Lee. This will be a short, indie shoot IMO, similar to Paterson, which was like a month too. Also, Adam won't need to be available everyday. He's not the top lead. It might even be a situation where it's similar to Midnight Special, where he's important-supporting but not lead, but where he got to work with Jeff Nichols. Adam is all aboutr directors. I am sure that he wanted to work with Spike Lee. Also, Disney is powerful enough that Spike Lee would have to play ball with Disney's schedule for Adam before Spike could probably even sign him, just for the sheer fact that the Disney contract came first.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 3 Empty Re: TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed)

Post by DarthRen on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 4:30 am

@Kessel wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@Saracene wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they decided that Daisy and Adam shouldn't promote the movie together too much, especially when it comes to live situations where things are just harder to control, unlike the trailer and magazine articles.
@Saracene

Yeah. The closer we get to the movie, the more I think that's true. Promoting the movie together would prompt more questions about their characters' connection and interactions, and based on the very vague answer Daisy gave in her recent USA Today interview about Rey and Kylo, it's clear whatever their connection is, it's spoiler-ish.

I still hope we get something with the two of them, an interview or photo shoot...maybe we'll get something in the BTS stuff on the DVD. Perhaps a shot of Daisy doing Adam's hair or something. Wink
@Kessel

They were joking with it. Wink

Daisy and Adam will have some interview maybe at least among the group, press conferences where also questions can go towards Kylo and Rey dynamic. So it's kinda given people will ask, if these two are in the same room. This is probably more about Adam's schedule and mixing his duties to Star Wars than not revealing their dynamic. People can ask Daisy ragardless of it even without Adam around based on the trailer, marketing campaign.
@DarthRen

Yeah, it could be just a joke, but I'm holding onto a little hope that there's some truth in it, as there are with all good jokes...Wink
@Kessel

Pretty sure they are good friends and got a lot more closer than during TFA, just that this bit was more or less them joking around as friends.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 6:02 am

As much as I would love Daisy and Adam together, it's tricky, because it makes it seem that Rey and Kylo will meet again...but based on TFA, how on earth would they meet? *cough* force bond *cough*  Adam even said when asked about working with Daisy paraphrase oh that's tricky, ppl assuming we even share scenes...
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 7:07 am

"Dead" Poe ready to film IX, debunks the latest 4chan FAF lol!

"Well, there could be, but I think what [The Last Jedi director] Rian [Johnson] did was make it less about filling a slot and more about what the story needs. The fact is now that the Resistance has been whittled to just a handful of people, they're running for their lives, and Leia is grooming me — him — to be a leader of the Resistance, as opposed to a dashing, rogue hero."

While he says he has "not that much more, but a little more to do" in this film, he can at least be assured he survives it; he starts filming Episode IX early next year.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/film/longform/a18451/oscar-isaac-interview/
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 7:12 am

@vaderito wrote:"Dead" Poe ready to film IX, debunks the latest 4chan FAF lol!

"Well, there could be, but I think what [The Last Jedi director] Rian [Johnson] did was make it less about filling a slot and more about what the story needs. The fact is now that the Resistance has been whittled to just a handful of people, they're running for their lives, and Leia is grooming me — him — to be a leader of the Resistance, as opposed to a dashing, rogue hero."

While he says he has "not that much more, but a little more to do" in this film, he can at least be assured he survives it; he starts filming Episode IX early next year.

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/film/longform/a18451/oscar-isaac-interview/
@vaderito

Force Ghost? lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 7:16 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:  

Force Ghost? lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Well, his mom and dad planted a Force Tree in their backyard so that rubbed off.  lol!

Gotta love it when new footage (Dead Rose flying the speeder) and interviews (Evil Luke is just grumpy, relax, Dead Poe is in IX) debunk FAF just hours after they posted their latest masterpieces. lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:40 am

A bit off topic but....TLJ Press Tour (No Premiere/Screening Spoilers Allowed) - Page 3 Screen12

Gotta love Jimmy Fallon  Laughing
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

Looks like Adam hosted a benefit reading for his nonprofit Arts in the Armed Forces on Monday. Not sure if that means he's filming currently or not:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/theater/adam-driver-arts-armed-forces-award.amp.html
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 1:52 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Looks like Adam hosted a benefit reading for his nonprofit Arts in the Armed Forces on Monday. Not sure if that means he's filming currently or not:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/theater/adam-driver-arts-armed-forces-award.amp.html
@Kylo Rey

They are filming in New York, so he could have time to do both things.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 3:07 pm

John Boyega implied in recent interview that we won't be seeing him that much in this press tour for TLJ and Daisy will do the most of it. If John and Adam will be missing from big parts of press tour, gonna be dissapointed. Crying or Very sad
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 3:14 pm

@DarthRen wrote:John Boyega implied in recent interview that we won't be seeing him that much in this press tour for TLJ and Daisy will do the most of it. If John and Adam will be missing from big parts of press tour, gonna be dissapointed. Crying or Very sad
@DarthRen

John got screwed over by Anapurna. They are still trying to push Detroit for the Oscars so I guess he's obliged to split promo duties between TLJ and Detroit.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 3:16 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:John Boyega implied in recent interview that we won't be seeing him that much in this press tour for TLJ and Daisy will do the most of it. If John and Adam will be missing from big parts of press tour, gonna be dissapointed. Crying or Very sad
@DarthRen

John got screwed over by Anapurna. They are still trying to push Detroit for the Oscars so I guess he's obliged to split promo duties between TLJ and Detroit.
@vaderito

On one hand happy if Detroit gets the nominations but sad that John might be missing from large part of TLj press tour but I think big premieres will be with almost all of the cast LA, NY and London.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 4:10 pm

I really hope that Adam is able to make some parts of the press tour.
Its going to be very boring if its only Mark and Daisy. So fingers crossed!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:I really hope that Adam is able to make some parts of the press tour.
Its going to be very boring if its only Mark and Daisy. So fingers crossed!
@tukicarreno

Mark is a lot of fun.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 8:06 pm

I have no doubt that Adam will be a some. I am sure it is in their contract that they have to be a certain events.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:07 pm

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I have no doubt that Adam will be a some. I am sure it is in their contract that they have to be a certain events.
@bashfulblueeyes3

Fingers crossed! It wouldn´t feel the same if he is not at several press tour events.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:13 pm

@soulluos wrote:We will see who will be doing the press tour, so far it's just Mark, Diasy and Rian. I suspect it's not because everyone else doesn't have spare time.
@soulluos

But that´s just for Mexico City. Hopefully Adam will be able to do the Asian part of the tour and also London/NY and LA.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:28 pm

@soulluos wrote:We will see who will be doing the press tour, so far it's just Mark, Diasy and Rian. I suspect it's not because everyone else doesn't have spare time.
@soulluos

I saw the clip of John Boyega saying Daisy has his back this time around (for TLJ promotion) and she has the crazy travel plans not him. I don’t know what to make of that to be honest. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be as involved in promotion for TLJ as he was for TFA. I could see them not wanting to pair him with Daisy so much this time so as not to give false hope of them being in lots of scenes together (hence why they seem to be pairing her with Mark instead) but you’d think they’d have John and KMT out together for some promotional events.

It’s early days yet, I know, but it’s making me wonder what they intend to do with the cast outside of Mark and Daisy. It looks like Rian will be actively involved as JJ was with TFA. It can’t just be those three for the duration, though. Much as I love them all, it’s not going to be exciting for anyone if they’re forced to keep rehashing the same sound bites for the next month.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@soulluos

But that´s just for Mexico City. Hopefully Adam will be able to do the Asian part of the tour and also London/NY and LA.
@tukicarreno

If John has to do other stuff outside of SW, then if Adam is filming it might take a priority. LF seems to allow to give them some room. NY, LA for sure Adam will be part of it, but Asia or London are questionable.

As @vaderito said John has some commitments to his movie Detroit and being pushed for the Oscars.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:04 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@soulluos

@tukicarreno

If John has to do other stuff outside of SW, then if Adam is filming it might take a priority. LF seems to allow to give them some room. NY, LA for sure Adam will be part of it, but Asia or London are questionable.

As @vaderito said John has some commitments to his movie Detroit and being pushed for the Oscars.
@DarthRen

I know.. But if Adam finishes filming at the end of the month he can definitely go to the Asia/London part that is around the beginning/middle of December. Will see. Seems Adam is pretty popular in Japan/Korea too so they might want him there.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 11:15 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@soulluos

@tukicarreno

@DarthRen

I know.. But if Adam finishes filming at the end of the month he can definitely go to the Asia/London part that is around the beginning/middle of December. Will see. Seems Adam is pretty popular in Japan/Korea too so they might want him there.
@tukicarreno

I think Adam will go to Asia. He is a huge part of the marketing push there. I see him going to at least two
more. London and one of the American ones. Aren't the London premieres generally the most publicized ones for SW? Where was the one where he was holding Gary Fisher and hugging Oscar Isaac? Wasn't that London?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 3:33 am

@tukicarreno wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@soulluos

@tukicarreno

@DarthRen

@tukicarreno

It's all what if.

You mean Kylo is popular as a character in Japan/Korea, never heard that Adam is popular over there. If true, nice he's awesome.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 7:58 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@tukicarreno wrote:
@soulluos

@tukicarreno

@DarthRen

@tukicarreno

It's all what if.

You mean Kylo is popular as a character in Japan/Korea, never heard that Adam is popular over there. If true, nice he's awesome.
@DarthRen

Well, I guess I meant to say Kylo. Over there it seems they really are into Kylo & Rey. It´s all over the marketing and the trains! Very Happy
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 12:25 pm

Live with Kelly and Ryan:
11/28 Daisy Ridley
11/29 John Boyega
(source)
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: